Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -45%
Four encastrable Hisense BI64213EPB à ...
Voir le deal
299.99 €

THE END

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

THE END Empty
MessageSujet: THE END   THE END EmptyMer 8 Nov - 21:21

THE END Reveal New Album Title, Cover Artwork
THE END 54424zy2
Greater Toronto Area's THE END have named their Relapse Records sophomore record Elementary (to be released February 6th, 2007). Song titles to appear on Elementary are 'The Never Ever Aftermath', 'Throwing Stones', 'Animals', and 'In Distress'.

In the recent issue of BW&BK (issue 100), BW&BK got an exclusive listen to Elementary. An excerpt from said studio report courtesy of guitarist Andrew Hercules and singer Aaron Wolff goes as follows:

Hercules: “The intention I think was to write an album that was The End. But also have different elements of The End, really capturing the stuff we’ve touched on in the past, stuff that’s been definitely part of our musical history, and just have different emotions on the album while having a good variety. With Within Dividia, it was just so one-dimensional to what we could really do.”

The one surprising characteristic on the new album is the extensive use of clean vocals which make quite the profound presence, as Wolff explains, “When the songs are coming and we’re playing them when we were writing them, I just more and more often started to hear notes rather than a monotonous scream throughout the whole thing. For me this was the way I pushed myself, more and more whenever I would hear riffs, I’d hear so much tune and melody and wanted to elaborate on that. And as we kept going, we just kept going further and further into it. When I first started to actually sing a bit, it was going to be subtle. And then I just found I could do so much more…”

Due to some of the backlash that the band are prepared to take, due to some of the changes that will indeed shock some of their fans, Wolff had this to say, "I know with this new album, we'll be up against heavy criticism and I just know what people are gonna say... But we couldn't have made anything more honest."

BW&BK's landmark 100th issue is currently on sale.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

THE END
Page 1 sur 1