Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Retour en stock du coffret Pokémon Zénith Suprême – ...
Voir le deal

MONSTER MAGNET

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

MONSTER MAGNET Empty
MessageSujet: MONSTER MAGNET   MONSTER MAGNET EmptyVen 29 Déc - 20:35

ED MUNDELL - MONSTER MAGNET Guitarist Issues New Demo Sample, Photos

MONSTER MAGNET T57483 The following brief message has been posted at MONSTER MAGNET guitarist ED MUNDELL's official website (www.edmundell.com):

"A new demo is up on the Audio page... new photos added as well... (rehearsal and studio) to the Photo page.

Recent gig photos of THE ULTRA ELECTRIC MEGA GALACTIC are up, click here.

As previously reported, Ed has been in Los Angeles, California, writing and recording demos for a solo project.

More details to follow.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MONSTER MAGNET Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONSTER MAGNET   MONSTER MAGNET EmptyMar 3 Juil - 23:41

MONSTER MAGNET Guitarist ED MUNDELL Covers RUSH For Tribute Album; Audio Available Online

MONSTER MAGNET guitarist Ed Mundell's website has been updated with the following:

"The first Ed Mundell solo release, 'What You're Doing', will be released in September '07 on a RUSH tribute record on MainMan Records. The song is a cover from Rush's first album.

You can check it out on the Audio page."

In late May, Mundell finished final tracks for Monster Magnet's upcoming album. The follow-up to 2004's Monolithic Baby! is due out in late 2007/early 2008 via an unspecified label.

bru_dall

MONSTER MAGNET Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONSTER MAGNET   MONSTER MAGNET EmptyVen 6 Juil - 19:43

SPV To Issue MONSTER MAGNET's 4 Way Diablo In November; Tracklisting Revealed

MONSTER MAGNET's new album, 4 Way Diablo, will be released on November 2nd through SPV Records.

Produced by Matt Hyde and featuring a cover of ROLLING STONES classic '2,000 Light Years From Home',
the full 4 Way Diablo tracklisting is as follows:
'4 Way Diablo', 'Wall Of Fire',
'You're Alive',
'Blow Your Mind',
'Cyclone',
'2,000 Light Years From Home' (Rolling Stones cover) 'No Vacation',
'I'm Calling You',
'Solid Gold',
'Freeze And Pixillate',
'A Thousand Stars',
'Slap In The Face',
'Little Bag Of Gloom'.

bru_dall

MONSTER MAGNET Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONSTER MAGNET   MONSTER MAGNET EmptyVen 26 Oct - 18:14

MONSTER MAGNET's Dave Wyndorf Talks Movie Soundtracks, Solo Album

Metal Hammer Germany recently conducted an interview with MONSTER MAGNET singer Dave Wyndorf.

While talking about the band's new album, 4-Way Diablo, and his peculiar lyrics, Dave revealed his plans for the near future.

According to Dave, he has three plans right now:

1. Finishing his album with movie-soundtracks. There is no film actually that uses his tunes, but it shall be film-music anyway.

2. Completing a solo record. Release date and album title are not confirmed yet, but it shall consists of peculiar and small songs. A lot with piano and somehow similar to Monster Magnet's smaller and mellower songs.

3. Finish another Monster Magnet record, as the songs on 4-Way Diablo are basically two years old. A heart attack after an overdose of pills had forced him to take a time out.

Read the entire interview here.
bru_dall

MONSTER MAGNET Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONSTER MAGNET   MONSTER MAGNET EmptyDim 28 Oct - 16:37

le nouvel album, "4 Way Diablo", est entièrement en écoute surleur MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/monstermagnet

C'est pour le 2 Novembre via SPV Records, produit par Matt Hyde comprend une reprise des ROLLING STONES : "2,000 Light Years from Home".

"4 Way Diablo" track listing:

01. 4 Way Diablo
02. Wall of Fire
03. You're Alive
04. Blow Your Mind
05. Cyclone
06. 2000 Light Years from Home
(THE ROLLNG STONES cover)
07. No Vacation
08. I'm Calling You
09. Solid Gold
10. Freeze and Pixillate
11. A Thousand Stars
12. Slap in the Face
13. Little Bag of Gloom

MONSTER MAGNET L_a45fd9e1c07df8cfa8f6514444a122a2

MONSTER MAGNET's last studio album, "Monolithic Baby", was released in 2004 via SPV.

Dave Wyndorf recently spoke to U.K.-based music journalist Dave Ling about the occasion on which an overdose on prescription drugs almost killed him on February 27, 2006.

"It had been a long time coming," recounted Wyndorf. "Eveything began when I couldn't sleep on tour, so the doctors gave me something that would put down a wild animal. This was an anti-anxiety drug; the stuff that airline pilots and astronauts use. I was doing a lot of transatlantic flying, and on a plane one day I just started gobbling them down. All of my paranoias came at me like a giant, three-headed beast. My biggest mistake was not asking for help. The things are supposed to clear you mind before you go to sleep. They wipe out all the worries and concerns you might have, but what I didn't understand is that it's like a computer..."

Everything just re-boots when you switch on again? "Exactly," he replied. "The problems are not deleted, in fact they get magnified by ten. It was fucking horrible. I was utterly powerless, on a slipperly slope. I don't recall doing it but on the day concerned I took the whole Goddamn bottle — a hundred pills, man, just like they were a shot glass — and the next thing I knew, I woke up in a fucking loony bin."

Having sampled their upside and downside, even forged a career spent singing about them, Wyndorf is in a pretty unique position to talk about drugs. "They're supposedly a gateway into creativity," he mused. "And you know what? It's all a myth. They suck, and they'll get you in the end. They certainly got me."
bru_dall

MONSTER MAGNET Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONSTER MAGNET   MONSTER MAGNET EmptyDim 18 Nov - 16:23

MONSTER MAGNET's 4-Way Diablo Enters German Media Control Chart

MONSTER MAGNET T77797 MONSTER MAGNET's 4-Way Diablo album has entered the German Media Control chart at #81.

4-Way Diablo was released on November 2nd through SPV Records.

Produced by Matt Hyde and featuring a cover of ROLLING STONES classic '2,000 Light Years From Home', the full 4 Way Diablo tracklisting is as follows:
'4 Way Diablo',
'Wall Of Fire',
'You're Alive', 'Blow Your Mind',
'Cyclone',
'2,000 Light Years From Home' (Rolling Stones cover)
'No Vacation',
'I'm Calling You',
'Solid Gold',
'Freeze And Pixillate',
'A Thousand Stars',
'Slap In The Face',
'Little Bag Of Gloom'.
bru_dall

MONSTER MAGNET Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONSTER MAGNET   MONSTER MAGNET EmptySam 29 Déc - 20:50

MONSTER MAGNET“Pure Garage Rock Of The Late ‘60s With Really Paranoid Lyrics”

MONSTER MAGNET T80372 After overcoming his addiction to sleeping pills, MONSTER MAGNET singer/songwriter/guitarist Dave Wyndorf spoke exclusively with BW&BK scribe Aaron Small about his band’s new album, 4-Way Diablo. Released in November 2007 on SPV, 4-Way Diablo features striking black and white cover art that emits an old school vibe, much like MOTÖRHEAD’s instantly recognizable logo.

“Both the sad and happy story of that album cover for me is; this is the first album cover I actually had nothing to do with. This German guy named Alexander Von Wieding did it all. I met him a couple years ago and he was doing stuff on spec and he just asked to be put in. Record covers are put together months before the record’s done and I wasn’t paying attention to anything. My brain just didn’t want to worry about anything; I didn’t care. I looked at this guy’s stuff and he was obviously good enough to put a package together, so I told my manager to tell him to use his instinct and I trust him implicitly. And the guy did it! So I didn’t have anything to do with it and I wasn’t even interested. The black and white thing is kind of cool; it really is old school and it does kind of remind me of Motorhead. But this guy loves Monster Magnet so much – just look at that picture – he’s not fucking around! There’s all this great stuff in there; so I lucked out with that guy.”

The 4-Way Diablo booklet contains 16 pages, yet there are no lyrics and no band photos?

“I know. Lyrics – my fault, I just didn’t have them ready at the time. All the lyrics you hear on this record were literally written the day I sang them. I’d wake up in a hotel and sit down with a pad and a giant cup of coffee and write the lyrics. Not quite that easy, sometimes I’d be looking at the page – fuck, I’ve got to fucking sing this tonight! I was in this crazy Hollywood apartment complex where future child stars stay. It’s weird ‘cause there’s busloads of teenage models walking around in bathing suits. But at that point, the stuff was in production. My lyrics were literally written down on cereal boxes and stuff – so much for the modern age – not on a laptop, not even on a piece of paper. I’m sitting by the pool staring at the Ford Agency’s latest crop of nine-foot girls, writing this stuff down. So that’s why it didn’t appear. I think I’m going to put them on the vinyl, but I’m really sorry about that – we’ve got this package with all this space and no lyrics. No photos came because I just didn’t feel like taking any pictures. Again, I totally dropped the ball on this whole thing.”

For this album, Monster Magnet covered THE ROLLING STONES’ song ‘2000 Light Years From Home’. The Stones have a catalogue as massive as THE BEATLES – why that particular tune?

“It’s the only Rolling Stones song I figured I could do and still have it live in Monster Magnetland. It’s a dark horse Rolling Stones song. It’s from the album that everybody hates the most – Their Satanic Majesties Request. I always thought that song and ‘Citadel’ were fucking awesome! It was the band’s idea. Those guys came up with it right at the last minute. At first I didn’t know, but it doesn’t hurt to try, so we just worked it out over the course of an afternoon and it sounded pretty cool. So we did it. Regardless of what people think of that stuff, that song itself is really quite singularly unique. Everyone thought they were ripping off Sgt. Pepper but I’d never heard a song like that before. It stands out. It’s right up there with all the great PINK FLOYD songs of the time. ‘2000 Light Years From Home’ – what’s to complain about? What a great title! It’s got all that mellotron.”

A couple years back there had been talk of a Monster Magnet DVD. Where’s that standing?

“I don’t know where the hell that thing is? I know we’re contracted to do one. I haven’t done any work on it. I haven’t researched any archives. I always hated that kind of stuff. There’s only so many BLACK SABBATH – Paris 1970 and LED ZEPPELIN live on Danish television 1969. For the most part, when you see a film of a rock concert, it pretty much sucks. This isn’t live – it’s a film of live and I’m really sensitive to that shit. Is there anyway I could go through life without releasing a DVD? ‘Cause I don’t like it! All these people in the business are saying you can make a ton of money off this stuff – I still haven’t poked my nose in there. To tell you the truth, it’ll probably come out. But I don’t know what it’s going to be.”

At the time of this interview, no tour dates had been scheduled. Since then, Monster Magnet has announced they will be performing at the Metaltown Festival in Sweden in June 2008. Yet there’s still no word on any North American dates.

“I never say never but there’s a lot of lost time I need to make up for. Just being able to consume stimuli. I took a year getting over this, just reading books. I hadn’t read more than a book a month in five or six years. This past summer, I was reading three to five books a week – not creating anything. When I was done and finally went in to finish the record, my brain started spitting back out this kind of electric energy that happens when you read a lot. You may not retain all that stuff in your short-term memory, but your brain’s full and this is the time to write! It’s not the time to go on tour. Even in addition to the sleeping pill problem, when somebody wants to write, let them write. You don’t say no – go out and sell t-shirts for six months and get really tired. I’m at the point in my life where it’s not important for me to… the only thing that would get me thinking about touring, or feeling bad about not touring, is the fact that people would expect it of me. Obviously you can make money on tour, but that’s not the main concern with me. I don’t have a lot of money, but I don’t need a lot of money either.

My main thing is, what’s going to be best for my creativity? How much more creative can I be as a live performer? Not much. I can change it, but in the context of Monster Magnet, not that much. I burn guitars. I fuck strippers on stage. I shine spotlights into people’s faces. I throw water on people. What else can you do? The thing is… all that stuff is fine, as long as you’re enjoying it. But if you don’t really enjoy it and you’re just going through the motions – then you’re just Broadway; that ain’t rock. Believe me, no matter how much people would complain that I didn’t tour, they would complain even more if I went on tour and I wasn’t into it. There’s nothing worse than wishing you hadn’t seen that. So I have to look at things realistically. Besides tying your girlfriend up to a door and feeding squirrels, what do I like doing? Writing! I’m writing like a fucking maniac, in a couple of different styles. One for a soundtrack and then for a Wyndorf solo record which is an ongoing thing – it’s just me singing songs like ‘ Little Bag Of Gloom’. Then there’s the next Monster Magnet thing, which I just decided is going to be full-on space rock. It’s not going to be a varied album at all. But I’m going to do the best to invite the listener into our sonic world, which is really, really pleasing and cool. I’ve got plans to hit a room on my own in late January. I’m going into that room and something’s going to come out of it.”

Look for an in-depth Monster Magnet feature in issue 109 of BW&BK – on newsstands mid-February.

bru_dall

MONSTER MAGNET Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONSTER MAGNET   MONSTER MAGNET EmptyVen 27 Juin - 14:31

Contenu sponsorisé

MONSTER MAGNET Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONSTER MAGNET   MONSTER MAGNET Empty

MONSTER MAGNET
Page 1 sur 1