Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Four encastrable Hisense BI64213EPB à 299,99€ ( ODR 50€)
299.99 € 549.99 €
Voir le deal

TO-MERA -

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

TO-MERA - Empty
MessageSujet: TO-MERA -   TO-MERA - EmptyDim 28 Jan - 22:40

TO-MERA - "It All Just Started As A Big Experiment"

TO-MERA - T59248

Masterful Magazine recently caught up with TO-MERA vocalist Julie Kiss to discuss the band's latest album, Transcendental. The following is a brief excerpt from the interview:

Q: To-Mera was formed by Lee Barrett (EXTREME NOISE TERROR) and yourself. You released a demo in July 2005 and shortly thereafter you signed to Candlelight Records (EMPEROR, OPETH, etc). Did you expect to get offered a record deal so quick after forming?

Julie. "No, not at all! We were actually really surprised at how good the reaction was for the demo. We treated it a lot like a big experiment just to see what we can do together. We expected it would take another at least one or two demos to get a deal, but it all just happened really quickly!"

Q: Would you be as kind to explain the meaning behind the band's name?

Julie: "Sure. I read the name in a book about Egypt that stated that the ancient Egyptians used to call Egypt To-Mera. I just loved the name immediately – it just sounds really unusual. Since then I was told that the spelling is not quite right, but hey... still sounds good!"

Q: When you first started, what were some of your initial goals to accomplish with To-Mera? How, if any, have these goals changed since getting signed to Candlelight?

Julie. "Well, as I mentioned before it all just started as a big experiment. We just wanted to start a band together and see what happens, see how we get on and what can create together. Now it's all a lot more serious, of course. We got signed to Candlelight and recently got a great booking agent, as well (Derek Kemp from The Agency Group who is also doing DREAM THEATER and PORCUPINE TREE, for example). So, we feel we got a chance here and we would really like to use it as much as we can. Of course, it's every band's big dream to become a full-time act and it's not as easy as it sounds but we will do our best."

To read the entire interview go to this location.
TO-MERA - 59248iq3
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

TO-MERA -
Page 1 sur 1