Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Display Pokémon japonaise Terastal Festival Ex ...
Voir le deal

Iced Earth

2 participants
AuteurMessage
bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyDim 8 Avr - 17:19

Iced Earth Cover_overture

l'EP : "Overture of the Wicked", art work de Felipe Machado (Final Frontier Digital Art) et Nathan Perry. Sortie 5 juin via SPV

track listing:

01. Ten Thousand Strong
02. Prophecy
03. Birth of the Wicked
04. The Coming Curse

l'album sortira en 2 parties :

"Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1)" en aout septembre, puis "Revelation Abomination Something Wicked (Part 2)" mars 2008.

"Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1)" projected track listing:

01. Overture
02. Something Wicked (Part 1)
03. Invasion
04. Man's Motivation
05. The Setian Massacre
06. A Charge to Keep
07. Reflections
08. Ten Thousand Strong
09. Execution
10. Order of the Rose
11. The Clouding
12. Infiltrate and Assimilate
13. Retribution Through the Ages
14. Something Wicked (Part 2)
15. The Domino Decree
16. Framing Armageddon
17. When Stars Collide (Born is He)
18. The Awakening

"Revelation Abomination Something Wicked (Part 2)" projected track listing:

01. The Sacred Flames
02. Behold the Wicked Child
03. Minions of the Watch
04. A Gift or a Curse
05. I Walk Among You
06. Harbinger of Fate
07. Ancient Rage of the High Priest
08. A Gathering Threat / Time Marches On
09. Sacrificial Kingdoms
10. Something Wicked (Part 3)
11. Divide Devour
12. Conspiracy / Pilgrimage In Guile
13. Come What May
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
DepressiveAge

DepressiveAge

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyLun 9 Avr - 13:47

VITE! VITE!!
Il paraît que c'est TIM qui chantera sur la reprise de la trilogie qui sortira en Juin. Je suis curieux d'entendre ça!
bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyVen 27 Avr - 13:22

Iced Earth 64988

ICED EARTH - Updated Band Bio Available
ICED EARTH have updated their band bio, which includes a brief outline of their plans for 2007 and 2008. The following is a brief excerpt:

"2007 will see Iced Earth release it's eighth full-length studio release, Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1), which expands the Something Wicked storyline first introduced in the trilogy of the same name appearing on the 1998 release, Something Wicked This way Comes. Framing Armageddon will be followed in February/March 2008 by the band's ninth full-length studio release tentatively titled, Revelation Abomination (Something Wicked Part 2) continuing where Framing Armageddon leaves off.
bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyDim 13 Mai - 23:57

ICED EARTH - 30 Second Audio Clip Of New Song, First Review Of Forthcoming EP Available

Iced Earth 66036

As previously reported, ICED EARTH will release their new EP, Overture Of The Wicked, on June 5th. It will feature the new song 'Ten Thousand Strong' and a newly recorded version of the Something Wicked Trilogy featuring the songs 'Prophecy', 'Birth Of The Wicked' and 'The Coming Curse'. A 30 second audio sample of 'Ten Thousand Strong' is currently available here.

In addition, a review of the EP is available courtesy of PiercingMetal.com.

As previously reported, EarsplitPR has issued the following press release in anticipation of Overture Of The Wicked's release:

On June 5th, America's beloved heavy metal flag bearers Iced Earth return to action and set the stage for their upcoming double-album epic!

The Overture Of The Wicked EP features the brand new, hard-hitting track 'Ten Thousand Strong' along with a special 2007 version of the Something Wicked trilogy (originally appearing as the closing to 1998's classic 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' album.) This release is the prelude to the full-length album Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1), coming this fall.

Led as always by guitarist/composer Jon Schaffer and featuring the soaring vocal mastery of Tim Owens, Iced Earth returns stronger than ever and are about to embark on the most ambitious journey of their career.

Schaffer explains: "The Something Wicked trilogy (comprised of the songs 'Prophecy', 'Birth Of The Wicked' and 'The Coming Curse') has been completely re-recorded. From the ground up this is a more vicious and more atmospheric version of the epic piece. All of the vocals have been redone, obviously by Tim Owens, who did a masterful job at retaining the passion and honesty of the original, and still put his stamp on it and made it his own. We also put in some teaser atmospheric things that will give you a hint of things to come on Part 1. But just a hint...we don't want to spoil any surprises."

"For those of you that aren't familiar with the old version or the Something Wicked story at all, you should check it out. The original trilogy is just an overview of the story that begins 12,000 years ago and leads us to modern day. You should look at the trilogy as an introduction to this whole epic. What is coming next in the two parts is a far more in depth look into this very tragic, heavy and apocalyptic sci-fi/fantasy story."

A full tour of North America is in the planning stages - more details will be available soon.

DepressiveAge

DepressiveAge

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyLun 14 Mai - 20:46

Cet extrait est tout simplement GEANT! Twisted Evil
bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyDim 20 Mai - 22:57

ICED EARTH - Jon Schaffer Announces New Guitarist

Iced Earth T66462 ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has posted the following update at the official Iced Earth website: "Our new guitar player's name is Troy Seele. Troy did a few solos on the new record and will be touring with us. He's been a friend of mine for about ten years and is from the Indianapolis (Indy) area. He's by far the best guitar player in Indy and will be bringing some cool vibes to the table."

As previously reported, Iced Earth's new EP, Overture Of The Wicked, is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com This title will be released on June 5th, 2007.

The EP includes the new song 'Ten Thousand Strong' and a newly recorded version of the Something Wicked Trilogy featuring the songs 'Prophecy', 'Birth Of The Wicked' and 'The Coming Curse'.
bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyLun 28 Mai - 23:06

BW&BK World Exclusive: ICED EARTH - Hearing Armageddon: An Advance Listen To Forthcoming Album

Special report by Mark Gromen

Only the third person to hear Framing Armageddon in its entirety (after mastermind Jon Schaffer and producer Jim Morris), BW&BK can announce that this first installment of the two-disc Set Abominae concept is as epic, enjoyable, yet unconventional and boundary stretching (in terms of musicianship, instrumentation and scope of what's perceived to be Iced Earth) as Schaffer has intimated over the last decade. Don't ask him to explain the story, as it's a self-perpetuating myth with too many layers. Sci-fi fanatic Morris claims it could become a cottage industry unto itself, spawning an unending series of book/movie spinoffs, much like Star Wars or Star Trek, although it resembles neither.

Similarly, the music, from opening cello and Middle Eastern equivalent of slow samba rhythm ('Overture'), through the sonic deluge of 'The Setian Massacre', flamenco guitar and tribal drum patters on 'Something Wicked (Part 2)', to the bluesy, slide guitar and lap steel of the 10+ minute 'The Clouding' masterpiece or Hammond organ solo on 'The Domino Decree' and ultimately the entirely sung as a choir 'When Stars Collide (Born Is He)', retains multiple, recurrent parts, themes if you will (like Prokofiev's Peter And The Wolf), including a snippet dedicated to the main character, who although absent until Part 2 (appearing simultaneously in the timeline with the birth of Jesus Christ) can be heard on different instruments and at different paces throughout Framing Armageddon.

There's an undercurrent of Setian revenge on humanity, utilizing religious bickering to fragment man's unity.

"Embrace the fact man needs religion
Prophets, saviors and priests
All convinced they have the answer
The truth is they'll never know
Behind faith they'll hide and hope...
So convinced their way is right
The narrow view of all mankind
In the name of God they will divide"

-'Order Of The Rose'

Sixty-nine minutes of music, some of the songs ending abruptly, others segue directly into the next.

First listen standouts? The title track, the lone other example of full bore speed and triplets (a la pre-release single 'Ten Thousand Strong'), aka what many associate as standard Iced Earth. Without a doubt, the two-songs-in-one approach of 'The Clouding' shines brightest. The sedate first half recalls JUDAS PRIEST's 'Beyond The Realms Of Death', then it lets loose. It's a showcase for Tim "Ripper" Owens, who demonstrates newfound versatility throughout the disc and sings at impossible highs for sustained periods of time (see 'Retribution Through The Ages', 'Reflections' or the acappella ending of 'A Charge To Keep'). This is not a one and done listen, first due to the complex story line. Unlike many concept records, the songs stand on their own, identifiable as Iced Earth, yet not rehashing old ideas.

Prepare to commit a large chunk of time to multiple playbacks. And this is only Part 1!

A full in-studio report and interview with Jon Schaffer will appear in an upcoming issue of BW&BK.
bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyLun 25 Juin - 20:15

ICED EARTH - Framing Armageddon Artwork Revealed; Jon Schaffer Says "Thank You"

Iced Earth 68832

ICED EARTH leader Jon Schaffer has posted the following update:

"Hello my friends,

I hope at this point you’ve had a chance to absorb the single/EP Overture Of The Wicked, and are enjoying it. So far the reaction has been overwhelming. We’ve charted in several countries around the world, which is quite unusual for a metal band to do with a single. MADONNA, MICHAEL JACKSON and the “pop stars", yes, it happens all the time, independent heavy metal bands - not so much. We have you amazingly loyal fans to thank for that. The Iced Earth legion grows stronger and stronger all the time. When I think about the simple fact that Iced Earth has only opened for 2 bands in the last 17 years, BLIND GUARDIAN and MEGADETH, it really makes me wonder what could happen if we had an opportunity to open for some of the big guys here in the States. It’s the belief that if we get a fair shot, we can do some great things. The incredible loyalty exhibited by all of you has and will continue to keep me in the trenches fighting the good fight.

We’re going to get one of those shots in November when we open for HEAVEN AND HELL (BLACK SABBATH) in the UK. I’m absolutely fired up about it. Iced Earth is finally going to be heard in the UK, and believe me, we‘re going to be so freakin’ pumped, everyone’s going to remember that we were there!

I’d like to thank the Swedish Fans for their awesome response to our first appearance at Sweden Rock a few weeks ago. It was a great festival, very professional and very fun for us all. I personally had a great time, the chemistry of the live band is the best it’s ever been and even though this was our first show together, we played like we’d been together for years. It’s been quite sometime since I’ve had as much fun onstage, and we’re just getting started.

I’m very sorry about the confusion on our set length at Sweden Rock. We were told that we were to have a 50 minute set, and that’s what we played. When I arrived on the festival grounds and saw the festival program, and the fact that they had us listed as playing for 90 minutes, I was a bit concerned and knew that we were going to have some disappointed fans out there. All I can say is that we will do our level best at making it up to you guys on the headline tour, and it will not happen again.

The day after the festival we filmed the video for 'Ten Thousand Strong' in Gothenburg, Sweden with director Roger Johansen. Roger did the 'Terror Train' video for Hansi and I, and I was very happy with his integrity and dedication to the project. Because of this, he was my first choice for the new IE video. This will be a very special video with many hours of work being done in post-production to help tell the early stages of the Something Wicked story, focusing on the struggle of the 10,000. If all goes as planned this will be the first in a line of videos that will be filmed through Parts I & II that will reveal key points of the saga.

At this point I’m wrapping up preparations for our show in Athens next week with Heaven And Hell. I must say it is an absolute honor for us to be able to play with these guys and I can’t wait until the UK dates in November. We will start the headline tour of Europe in October and jump on with Heaven And Hell in the UK after that. I’ve met RONNIE JAMES DIO several times over the years and I have to say he is hands down, the most genuine, inspirational and real person that I’ve met in this industry. It’s so refreshing when one of your idols is a wonderful person, and Ronnie James Dio is all of that and more. There are some very cool things to look forward to for sure, for you the fans, and for myself as well.

Just before Sweden Rock we finished mixing and mastering Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part I) and I’m very happy with the end result. I’m totally pumped about wrapping up Part II now, and will be doing that in between the festivals and promo tours this summer. Part I’s timeline runs from the human invasion of Setia Earte, or Earth as we know it, and ends shortly before the birth of Set Abominae. Part II will start with his birth and continue on ‘til present day. Remember, Revelation Abomination (Something Wicked Part II) is a working title only and I’m certain I will change it as I finish the writing of Part II.

Stay tuned, stay true, and we will see you all soon. The “burning times” of man will be soon upon you!

Jon."

Pictured is the Framing Armageddon artwork. Go to this location to read BW&BK scribe Mark Gromen's exclusive inside look at the forthcoming album.

bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyMar 7 Aoû - 20:04

Iced Earth 71366

Something Wicked Part I:

Germany: September 7
Rest of Europe: September 10
North America: September 11

Framing Armageddon - Something Wicked Part I is the first installment of a two disc release that builds upon the Set Abominae storyline first set forth on the band's 1998 Something Wicked This Way Comes release.

The Framing Armageddon -
Something Wicked Part I tracklisting is as follows:
'Overture',
'Something Wicked (Part 1)',
'Invasion',
'Man's Motivation',
'The Setian Massacre',
'A Charge To Keep',
'Reflections',
'Ten Thousand Strong',
'Execution',
'Order Of The Rose',
'The Clouding',
'Infiltrate And Assimilate',
'Retribution Through The Ages',
'Something Wicked (Part 2)',
'The Domino Decree',
'Framing Armageddon',
'When Stars Collide (Born is He)',
'The Awakening'.

Go to this location. to read BW&BK scribe Mark Gromen's exclusive inside look at the forthcoming album.

bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyJeu 9 Aoû - 22:24

A promo clip for the new ICED EARTH track 'Ten Thousand Strong' is now available, and can be viewed below.

Iced Earth -
'Ten Thousand Strong' Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcyEK-3xV4o

SPV will release Iced Earth's forthcoming studio release, Framing Armageddon - Something Wicked Part I, on the following dates:

Germany: September 7
Rest of Europe: September 10
North America: September 11

Framing Armageddon - Something Wicked Part I is the first installment of a two disc release that builds upon the Set Abominae storyline first set forth on the band's 1998 Something Wicked This Way Comes release.

The Framing Armageddon -
Something Wicked Part I tracklisting is as follows:
'Overture',
'Something Wicked (Part 1)',
'Invasion',
'Man's Motivation',
'The Setian Massacre',
'A Charge To Keep',
'Reflections',
'Ten Thousand Strong',
'Execution',
'Order Of The Rose',
'The Clouding',
'Infiltrate And Assimilate',
'Retribution Through The Ages',
'Something Wicked (Part 2)',
'The Domino Decree',
'Framing Armageddon',
'When Stars Collide (Born is He)',
'The Awakening'.

bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyDim 19 Aoû - 18:28

ICED EARTH - Full Length Version Of 'The Setian Massacre' Streaming On MySpace

Iced Earth T72105 ICED EARTH have uploaded a full length version of 'The Setian Massacre', taken from their forthcoming album Framing Armageddon, on their official MySpace page. Go to this location to check it out.

As previously reported, Iced Earth's label SPV has posted audio clips for all 19 songs appearing on ICED EARTH's forthcoming new studio release, Framing Armageddon. The audio clips were taken from the SPV promo and can be listened to here.

Framing Armageddon is due for release in Germany on September 7, all of Europe on September 10, and on September 11 in the USA.

Pre-orders are now available at Amazon.com and Amazon.de.
bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyDim 23 Sep - 15:04

ICED EARTH's Framing Armageddon Enters German Chart In Top 20

Iced Earth T74110 ICED EARTH's new album has entered the Top 20 of the German Media Control chart, landing at #19 in it's first week out.

As previously reported, the album debuted on the Billboard Top 200 in the US at #78, and #9 on the Billboard Indie Charts.

Also, Framing Armageddon was the #1 most added on the FMQB and CMJ charts this week (College Radio in the States): FMQB - #1 Most Added, CMJ Media - #1 Most Added.

bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyDim 23 Sep - 17:33

ICED EARTH's new album, "Framing Armageddon - Something Wicked Part I", has entered the Greek chart at position No. 3. The CD's updated list of first-week chart positions is as follows:

Austria: #36
Canada: #95
France: #77
Germany: #19
Greece: #3
Holland: #60
Norway: #59
Sweden: #28
Switzerland: #56
UK: #117
UK: #6 (Rock Albums chart)
USA: #9 (Top Independent Albums)
USA: #78
bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptyMer 3 Oct - 18:15

ICED EARTH - 33-minute Jon Schaffer Audio Interview Available

Iced Earth T74829 Icedearth.com has posted a thirty-three minute audio interview it conducted with ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer on September 24th. The interview, in MP3 format (30MB) is available for download
http://www.bravewords.com/news/
http://www.icedearth.com/media/interview_092407.mp3
Topics covered in the interview include the relevance of chart positions in the internet age, the impact of illegal music downloads on the band’s touring schedule, Something Wicked Part II recording update, the upcoming November UK tour with HEAVEN AND HELL, touring in 2008, and future plans for the Set Abominae/Something Wicked storyline.
bru_dall

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth EmptySam 13 Oct - 13:00

un nouveau titre en ligne sur leur space :

http://myspace.com/icedearth
Contenu sponsorisé

Iced Earth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth Empty

Iced Earth