Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -35%
Pack Smartphone Samsung Galaxy A25 6,5″ 5G + ...
Voir le deal
241 €

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX   MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX EmptyMar 24 Avr - 12:46

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX Writes And Produces Two Songs For Forthcoming DROWNING POOL Album

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX T64780 According to MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx, he and partner-in-grime/guitarist DJ Ashba produced and wrote the songs 'Reason I’m Alive' and 'Light Another Candle' for the forthcoming DROWNING POOL album, Full Circle.

As previously reported, Sixx and DJ helped produce the new Marion Raven single 'Falling Away', and produced, performed and wrote the title track 'Set Me Free'.

Sixx recently issued the following updates:

"The first single which was originally called 'Funeral' has had a title change to Life Is Beautiful' and the video is now done. As usual Paul Brown was at the helm. The first video as well as the book, audio book and the album will all have a very cohesive look. I had a wonderful spring break with my kids and now James, DJ and myself are all locked down in the studio finishing the music to The Heroin Diaries soundtrack. Me and DJ also just finished scoring a PSA for Covenant House. It very magical because the kids directed, produced, wrote and acted in the PSA. Its amazing what kids can do when there given the right tools."
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX   MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX EmptySam 15 Sep - 14:44

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist Nikki Sixx - "The Focus For Me On Addiction Is Not Only Helping To Save Lives Who Are In The Midst Of Their Addiction But The Rippling Affect It Has On Our Families, Work Force And Communities"

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX T73780 MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has issued the following update:

"I was recently asked to speak in Washington, DC for National Recovery Month by Cynthia Moreno Tuohy from NAADAC (The Association for Addiction Professionals) and Dr. Westley Clark from SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) Being in recovery myself, it was a no-brainer. To sit alongside Congressmen and women from both the House and the Senate, from Liberals to Conservatives, and, not only showing statistics but promoting the awareness of what is not only one of America’s number one health care issues, but a global epidemic was life-changing for me.

The focus for me on addiction is not only helping to save lives who are in the midst of their addiction but the rippling affect it has on our families, work force and communities. It affects our economic structure and threatens the welfare of our children and our children’s children. When I think of the word “recovery”, I think of recovering what we have lost so we can get back to what it is we started out dreaming and working towards achieving. Alcoholics and addicts are generally above-average in intelligence and over-achievers, so its no surprise that when you treat the addiction, the achievements are usually unsurpassed by few.

The recent Artist-on-Artist piece MySpace did on me and Chester Bennington shows what artists in recovery can accomplish. Both of us are in successful bands (Mötley and LINKIN PARK) have side bands (SIXX:A.M. and DEAD BY SUNRISE) and clothing lines (Royal Underground and Club Tattoo, V-Sell). I will be sharing my experience in addiction and recovery in my book “The Heroin Diaries” and donating proceeds to Covenant House to help at-risk children on the streets. I believe awareness can be achieved through standard and alternative ways (i.e. music, books, statistics, media, and person-to-person communication.) It’s almost a national crime that people who need treatment can’t get it due to lack of support from many insurance companies. Join me and others in not only raising awareness on Drug and Alcohol Recovery Month, but in supporting the Paul Wellstone House Bill 1424."

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX   MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX EmptyDim 21 Oct - 15:14

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist Nikki Sixx - "I'm So Healthy It's Ridiculous"

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX T76006 MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx spoke to Caitlin Hotchkiss from www.ChartAttack.com recently about a number of topics including he release of The Heroin Diaries (a year of his diary entries from 1987, during the height of both the Crue's popularity and Sixx's own destructive addictions). A few excerpts from the chat found here follow:

www.ChartAttack.com: So how's your health these days?
Sixx: "I'm so healthy it's ridiculous. I don't understand it. You know, I just recently did the mandatory thing you have to do when you reach your forties — the full tests, the blood, the physical, the whole deal. I even went so far as to get the MRIs where they scan you and they look for everything internally, to see if there's anything going on. So then the doctor called me in, and he was laughing. He was like, "What the fuck? I know your history, and you're like a 20 year old." It must have been that deal I made with the devil or something. (laughs)"

www.ChartAttack.com: What's your biggest vice now?
Sixx: "Work. I'm really addicted to doing stuff. I have this thing where I always want to take nothing and make it something. So I have to watch myself and take a look at my priorities every day. I have to struggle with my priorities… no, I take that back. I don't have to struggle, I have to look at them and make sure they're not in the wrong order. As long as it's me being clean, and then it's my kids, and then it's my career, and lastly it's my personal life. When I keep it like that, everything seems to work."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX   MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX EmptySam 17 Nov - 17:32

MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx Is High On Being Sober

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX T77738 MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx spoke to Vancouver's Straight.com recently about a number of topics including his new book, The Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star

"People say that as a recovering person, you don't have any balls," said Sixx, who's recently been working as a lobbyist for addiction treatment. "But I'm still having more fun than most people, trust me on that."

Read just a few pages from The Heroin Diaries, a compelling compendium of the bassist's journals from his lost years, and you'll find it hard to believe Sixx could have fun sober. From stories of injecting Jack Daniel's into his veins ("It never occurred to us to drink it") to heartbreaking entries written when Sixx was cracked out, paranoid, and naked in his closet, he relied heavily on substance abuse to enjoy himself.

Nowadays, he's high on everything but drugs: his kids, his music, his clothing line, his book, and most importantly, his efforts to aid drug addicts. With a workaholic's zeal, he jumps from one project to the next.

"My take is never to be a preacher," said Sixx of his and others' addictions. "I hate that people think it's a moral problem. It's a disease. George Bush thinks that it's a moral problem, and so I'm working with people in Washington, D.C., to help him understand that it's a disease."

Read more here.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX   MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX Empty

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist NIKKI SIXX
Page 1 sur 1