Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Lego 40747 Les Jonquilles à 8,98€ / 40725 Les Fleurs de cerisier ...
8.98 € 14.99 €
Voir le deal

Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007 Empty
MessageSujet: Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007   Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007 EmptyDim 1 Juil - 23:03

Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007 - "I Really Wish Axl Had Used A Different Name"

Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007 69180

Joacim Persson of Sweden's biggest newspaper Aftonbladet recently did a short interview with former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan ahead of VELVET REVOLVER's gig at The Hultsfred Festival on June 14th. Here are a few excerpts from the chat:

On Axl Rose touring as Guns N' Roses:
McKagan: "I really wish that he had used a different name. But things are as they are. Unfortunately neither Slash or I have any contact with him, that's a bit tragic."

On Axl biting a security guard in Stockholm last summer:
McKagan: "Yes, I heard about that. I'll definitely bite somone too during the stay in Sweden, haha."

(Thanks Gnrdaily.com)
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007   Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007 EmptyMar 3 Juil - 23:31

VELVET REVOLVER's Duff McKagan Tries New Tune As Businessman

EarthTimes.org has issued the following report, courtesy of Reuters:

With his ragged mane and heavily tattooed wiry frame, former GUNS N' ROSES bass player Duff McKagan looks every bit the rock star.

But the 43-year-old musician doubles as a savvy investor, overseeing a diverse portfolio ranging from property and stocks to vintage guitars.

While he draws the line at donning a suit and tie, McKagan also runs the business affairs for his new band, VELVET REVOLVER, which just released it's second album, Libertad.

"I do everything I can do so this band doesn't get ripped off," said McKagan, who subscribes to the online edition of The Wall Street Journal, and constantly checks his BlackBerry for the latest financial headlines.

"We are the last ones to get paid. We work pretty hard for the money we make."

With the recorded-music business in a tailspin, due largely to Internet piracy, bands have to be financially creative, McKagan said in a recent interview.

Velvet Revolver's first release, Contraband, debuted at No. 1 in the United States and sold 3 million copies worldwide. That is equivalent to 10 million copies in the late '80s, when Guns N' Roses burst on the scene, he estimated.

That's a lot of lost revenue, but the situation is not hopeless. Licensing deals for commercials, movies, ringtones and videogames can help make up the shortfall.

Read the full story here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Bassist Duff McKagan On GUNS N' ROSES 2007
Page 1 sur 1