Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display 24 boosters Star Wars Unlimited – Crépuscule de la ...
Voir le deal

ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 )

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 ) Empty
MessageSujet: ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 )   ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 ) EmptyJeu 19 Juil - 23:26

ULI JON ROTH - More Artists Added To Sky Academy 2007

ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 ) 70238

As previously reported, ULI JON ROTH's Sky Academy 2007 will take place on August 22nd- 26th in Los Angeles, CA. The seminar and master classes will be conducted by Roth and will also feature joint appearances with notable guest teachers. The Academy is taking place in the auditorium of the Musician’s Institute and will culminate in two Sky Academy concerts. Continuing the same exiting format, which gave us last year’s very successful Sky Academy Concerts, both shows will feature an inspiring choice of special guest artists, who are going to share the stage together with Uli as ULI JON ROTH & FRIENDS. Each of the two Sky Academy concerts is going to feature a different set list. Each show will be at least three hours long and is going to include an intermission. Last year’s series of concerts was enthusiastically received by both - audiences and performers alike – and each of them was a truly unique concert.

Newly confirmed guests include: Ule W. Ritgen, Piero Leporale, Richie Onori, Andrew Shulman, George Bellas.

The complete list of Uli's guests this year are as follows:

Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD)
Don Dokken
Steve Smyth
(NEVERMORE, ex-TESTAMENT)
Chris Poland (ex-MEGADETH)
Tony Franklin (bass - BLUE MURDER, THE FIRM, WHITESNAKE)
Jeff Scott Soto (ex-JOURNEY, TALISMAN)
Michael Ehre (drums - METALIUM)
Joe Stump
Michael Angelo Batio
Adrian Galysh
Andrew Shulman
(cello)
Rob Pagliari (bass)
Johnny Hiland
Kofi Baker
Phil Woodward
Richie Honori
Michael Ehre
Ule W. Ritgen
Piero Leporale
Richie Onori
Andrew Shulman
George Bellas.

Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster - click here. For information about the seminar click here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 )   ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 ) EmptyDim 22 Juil - 21:59

ULI JON ROTH - Famed Cello Player ANDREW SHULMAN Added To Sky Academy 2007

ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 ) T70465 One of the world's leading cello players and classical conductors, ANDREW SHULMAN, will participate in the SKY ACADEMY CONCERTS this year. ULI JON ROTH & FRIENDS will also perform one of Andrew's compositions, which is going to feature Andrew on electric cello and Uli on guitar.

According to an Uli Jon Roth update, "Sky Academy is also thrilled to announce that Andrew is going to share the stage with Uli during one of the master-classes in order to talk about his musical insights together, as well as demonstrate certain things on the cello."

Uli said "we are extremely lucky to have Andrew there! Our students will gain a new perspective about guitar playing
and music making through this encounter with such a true master of the cello. I know that Andrew feels music on a very deep level, and I'm really looking forward to having him as our guest at the academy."

Here is a quote by Andrew Shulman about Uli's teaching: "Uli Jon Roth is unique. The sort of artist that emerges perhaps once in a generation, he is a genuine 'all round' virtuoso musician. Equally at home in the worlds of rock and classical, his insights into musical performance, preparation, understanding and inspiration provide his students with an invaluable fund of knowledge. I myself was fascinated and riveted by his classes and lectures when my son
attended the first Sky Academy last year. Able, by turns, to inspire and intellectualize, comfortable talking about MAHLER, BEETHOVEN, HENDRIX, the blues, improvisation, and able to find common links between them all, help to provide us with a once in a lifetime, intensive musical experience."

For more info on Andrew Shulman visit this location.

As previously reported, Sky Academy 2007 will take place on August 22nd- 26th in Los Angeles, CA. The seminar and master classes will be conducted by Roth and will also feature joint appearances with notable guest teachers. The Academy is taking place in the auditorium of the Musician’s Institute and will culminate in two Sky Academy concerts. Continuing the same exiting format, which gave us last year’s very successful Sky Academy Concerts, both shows will feature an inspiring choice of special guest artists, who are going to share the stage together with Uli as Uli Jon Roth & Friends. Each of the two Sky Academy concerts is going to feature a different set list. Each show will be at least three hours long and is going to include an intermission. Last year’s series of concerts was enthusiastically received by both - audiences and performers alike – and each of them was a truly unique concert.

Newly confirmed guests include:
Ule W. Ritgen, Piero Leporale, Richie Onori, Andrew Shulman, George Bellas.

The complete list of Uli's guests this year are as follows:

Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD)
Don Dokken
Steve Smyth
(NEVERMORE, ex-TESTAMENT)
Chris Poland (ex-MEGADETH)
Tony Franklin (bass - BLUE MURDER, THE FIRM, WHITESNAKE)
Jeff Scott Soto (ex-JOURNEY, TALISMAN)
Michael Ehre (drums - METALIUM)
Joe Stump
Michael Angelo Batio
Adrian Galysh
Andrew Shulman
(cello)
Rob Pagliari (bass)
Johnny Hiland
Kofi Baker
Phil Woodward
Richie Honori
Michael Ehre
Ule W. Ritgen
Piero Leporale
Richie Onori
Andrew Shulman
George Bellas.

Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster - click here. For information about the seminar click here.

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 )   ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 ) EmptyVen 24 Aoû - 18:40

ULI JON ROTH Talks About Upcoming SKY ACADEMY CONCERTS

The following report is courtesy of Classic Rock Revisited:

If you are going to be in the Los Angeles area on August 24th or 25th then attending ULI JON ROTH's SKY ACADEMY CONCERTS concerts should be on the top of your list of things to do. Roth is considered one of the most talented men to ever pick up a guitar. From his career with Germany's biggest rock n' roll export THE SCORPIONS to his own band ELECTRIC SUN to his critically acclaimed solo career Roth has amazed anyone who has heard or seen him play.

Sky Academy shows Roth talking time to teach the best of the best of today's guitar players at the Musicians Institute. The event sees Roth playing with several invited guests including Robby Krieger of THE DOORS. Roth states, "I had the idea for this a few years back, but last year we made it a reality for the first time. They [the students] are all very dedicated and really take it seriously, but at the same time we're having lots of fun."

Besides Krieger Roth's guest include rockers DON DOKKEN, JEFF SCOTT SOTO and Stewart Smith from HEAVEN & EARTH. Uli is also going to show his classical chops performing with electric cello player Andrew Shulman as well. "Andrew is originally from England, where he became a renowned cellist and conductor. He then became leader of the LA Philharmonic orchestra cello section. He normally plays classical cello, but will play electric on our concerts. We are doing a couple of Vivaldi pieces together as well one of his own compositions, which he scored for a whole section of guitarists and rock band. I'm already looking forward to playing it."

Roth is pleased with the Sky Academy's progress. Last year marked the inaugural year for the event and if things keep going strong this could be a yearly event for some time to come. "Obviously I was hoping it would work out alright; I was confident, but at the same time you never know what happens at a new kind of event. Last year's shows lasted for four hours or so, but we had a great time. We have lots of very special guests on stage this year again, and the shows are going to be divided up into three separate sets - like at a mini-festival. Both nights are going to be different from one another, because some of the guests will only appear on one of the shows. The most important thing is to make it inspirational. There are quite a few outstanding players on that stage and they will musically interact with one another - I venture to predict that sparks will fly."

When Classic Rock Revisited requested Roth play the album cut 'Hell Cat' from the Scorpions classic Virgin Killers album. Uli smiled and said, "Funny! I haven't played that one for about twenty years or so, but I'll see what I can do."

Read more about the Sky Academy 2007 here.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 )   ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 ) Empty

ULI JON ROTH -(Academy 2007 )
Page 1 sur 1