Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -45%
Four encastrable Hisense BI64213EPB à ...
Voir le deal
299.99 €

ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS Empty
MessageSujet: ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS   ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS EmptyLun 22 Oct - 1:14

ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS Captivate Audience At Crossroads Taping

ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS 76064

The following report is courtesy of Beverly Keel from www.Rctimes.com:

ROBERT PLANT and ALISON KRAUSS met at the Crossroads in Lebanon to embark on a memorable musical journey stretching from the Louisiana swamps and Mississippi Delta to the hills of West Virginia and blues clubs of Chicago.

Plant, 59, and Krauss, 36, who will release their soulful album Raising Sand on Tuesday (October 23rd), taped an episode of CMT Crossroads on Thursday at The Mill at Lebanon that will air at a later date.

"To say this is the hottest ticket in town is an understatement," said Bill Flanagan, the show's executive producer. "We've had Nobel Peace Prize winners calling trying to get in here tonight."

Al Gore may not have gotten his ticket, but the audience did include JOHN WAITE, JESSICA SIMPSON, HOLLY WILLIAMS, MICHELLE BRANCH, BARBARA ORBISON, ED KING and BILL LLOYD.

"This is the most important show I think we've ever done," Flanagan said.

Standard format descriptions fail to accurately describe the collaboration, which blended rock, bluegrass, blues, folk, country and other genres into a sound all its own. A blend of everything from LED ZEPPELIN to the EVERLY BROTHERS, it was both timeless and reminiscent of decades ranging from the 1950s to early 2000s.

"Perfection" was a word used by one audience member to describe the music turned out by band leader T-BONE BURNETT, guitar player Buddy Miller, guitarist Marc Ribot, drummer Jay Bellerose and bassist Dennis Crouch.

Although Plant is best known as the lead singer of Led Zeppelin, as a solo artist he has dedicated himself to the international exploration of sounds, rhythms and styles. To be sure, the famous voice is the same, but he's a different man than the hip-hugger-clad golden god who dominated rock music in the '70s. His voice reflects the nuances of a life long-lived, one that has delved into the shadows that accompany fame and loss.

His music still has an overpowering sexuality, but the fast, hard-driving music of his youth has been replaced with a mature, seductive delivery. His coos of "baby" are now more romantic than passionate.

Read more here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS   ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS EmptyLun 28 Jan - 16:26

et le clip du titre gone gone gone, très rafraichissant :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gLx9XSOi08
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS   ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS EmptyVen 13 Juin - 1:09

ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS "In No Hurry" To End Collaboration

ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS T91397 www.Billboard.com has issued the following report from Gary Graff:

"ROBERT PLANT and ALISON KRAUSS are hoping to turn their platinum-certified, Grammy Award-winning Raising Sand into a going concern.

"I'm in no hurry to go anywhere," Plant told Billboard.com during a teleconference with reporters today (June 12th). "I want to stay very close. This is a font of knowledge, and I'm sticking as close to it as I can."

Krauss concurred, "we're all having a wonderful time, and I hope and I think all three of us are hoping to continue this and that it go on and on." But she added that the duo's association shouldn't bring the curtain down on any of their other projects.

"That doesn't mean we've lost any love for who we've played for and play with," she said. "The guys in UNION STATION, that's like home. So I hope to continue this and go back home, too."

And while no firm plans are in motion yet for a Raising Sand sequel, producer T-Bone Burnett, who's also the musical director for the current Plant-Krauss concert tour, said in a separate conversation that he hopes to get another shot at the collaboration.

"I feel like we're just starting to know what we can do with it," Burnett said. "The two of them are so incredibly good that I would hate to not continue to work with both of them."

Read the full report at Billboard.com.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS   ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS EmptyVen 9 Jan - 20:22

ROBERT PLANT & ALISON KRAUSS Experience 88% Sales Increase With Grammy Nomination

ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS T104341 Thestar.com is reporting:

Many artists dream of "packing out stadiums or selling a gazillion records," says Antonio (L.A.) Reid, chair of Island Def Jam Music Group. But to Reid there's a more important achievement. "I still hold the Grammys as the highest honour an artist can win."

This year, ROBERT PLANTROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS Mag-glass_10x10 & ALISON KRAUSS among others will vie for the Album Of The Year on February 8 at the 51st annual Grammy Awards. The event will be broadcast live on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

As in years past, Grammy nominations can help boost artist awareness and album sales. In the week following Plant and Krauss's nomination for Raising Sand, the Rounder Records release – which also garnered nods in four other categories – had an 88 per cent boost in sales. The duo's first collaborative album has now sold 1.1 million copies in the United States, according to SoundScan.

Read more here.

'Please Read The Letter':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMrjieZKKIs&eurl=http://www.bravewords.com/news/104341
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS   ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS EmptyJeu 29 Jan - 23:45

ROBERT PLANT & ALISON KRAUSS Among Artists Confirmed To Perform At Grammy Awards

ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS 105670

www.RollingStone.com reports:

Think the Grammy lineup somehow needed even more firepower? U2, KID ROCK, ROBERT PLANTROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS Mag-glass_10x10 & ALISON KRAUSS and RIHANNA have just been added to the already incredible list of performers at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards, airing Sunday, February 8th.

Let’s look at the roster now: RADIOHEAD, COLDPLAY, PAUL MCCARTNEY with DAVE GROHL, LIL WAYNE, KANYE WEST, JAY-Z, T.I., KATY PERRY, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, JONAS BROTHERS, CARRIE UNDERWOOD, JENNIFER HUDSON and KENNY CHESNEY, plus those four huge acts announced this morning. That’s like a dream Coachella lineup.

While we credit the Grammys with doing everything humanly possible to convince people to watch this year’s broadcast, we have to wonder how they are going to have time to hand out awards. How long will this monster show run?

Read the full story at RollingStone.com.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS   ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS EmptySam 14 Fév - 13:01

ROBERT PLANT & ALISON KRAUSS - Raising Sand "Main Sales Beneficiary Among The Grammy Recipients"

Ed Christman from Billboard.biz is reporting:

The GrammyROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS Mag-glass_10x10 Awards may not have the sales driving power that they once had, but they can still provide a pop for the winners and performers.

Merchants say that album of the year winner Raising SandROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS Mag-glass_10x10 by ROBERT PLANT & ALISON KRAUSS appears to be the main sales beneficiary among the Grammy recipients.

"But it's not like a couple of years ago when NORAH JONES won and her album [Come Away With Me] exploded," says Rob Perkins, president of the Marietta, Ga.-based retail chain Value Music. "The Grammy show is not near what it used to mean for sales, but what is nowadays? It may be that there are too many awards shows or it may be the economy or the malaise the music industry is in."

As previously reported, LED ZEPPELIN vocalist Robert Plant and singer Alison KraussROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS Mag-glass_10x10 took home five Grammy Awards for the album, Raising Sand:

-- Album Of The Year for Raising Sand
-- Record Of The Year for the song 'Please Read The Letter'
-- Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals for the song 'Rich Woman'
-- Best Country Collaboration With Vocals for the song 'Killing The Blues'
-- Contemporary Folk/Americana Album for Raising Sand

Raising Sand has sold 1.2 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS   ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS Empty

ROBERT PLANT, ALISON KRAUSS
Page 1 sur 1