Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -45%
Four encastrable Hisense BI64213EPB à ...
Voir le deal
299.99 €

Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Sylvain

Sylvain

Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard Empty
MessageSujet: Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard   Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard EmptyMar 15 Aoû - 14:16

Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard Get.Out.Cover

Le nouveau Paul Gilbert (Racer X, Mr Big), est dispo au Japon, le 29 août aux US, et le 14 septembre en europe.
Il s'agit du premier album complétement guitare instrumentale. Il y a plus de puissance guitaristique, plus de soli hurlants, plus de riffs détonnants, plus d'accords à secouer les murs, plus d'imagination, plus de passion, plus, plus, plus...

GET OUT OF MY YARD a été enregistré à Los Angeles. Produit et mixé par Tom Size.
Paul Gilbert : guitare électrique, guitare acoustique et basse
Jeff Bowders : Batterie
Mike Szuter : basse sur les morceaux 8, 10 et 11
La femme de Paul : piano sur le morceau 6 et orgue Hammond sur le morceau 8

Commentaire de Paul : "Les 38 premières secondes de GET OUT OF MY YARD sont impossible à jouer. Mais je les ai jouées. Et vous pouvez écouter. Tenez-vous prêts, et..."

Les titres :
1. Get Out of My Yard
2. Hurry Up
3. The Curse of Castle Dragon
4. Radiator
5. Straight Through the Telephone Pole
6. Marine Layer
7. Twelve Twelve
8. Rusty Old Boat
9. The Echo Song
10. Full Tank
11. My Teeth are a Drumset
12. Haydn Symphony No. 88 Finale
13. Three E's for Edward
14. You Kids
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard   Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard EmptyJeu 17 Aoû - 0:34

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard   Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard EmptyJeu 21 Sep - 12:35

PAUL GILBERT Talks About MR. BIG And His Early Influences -

Blasting-Zone.com http://www.blasting-zone.com/ recently conducted an in-depth interview with former RACER X/ex-MR. BIG guitarist Paul Gilbert. Several excerpts follow:

Blasting-Zone.com: Is there any chance of RACER X releasing any new material?

Paul: "With RACER X, whenever we have time, we try to put a record together. And that's always fun because the guys in the band are great friends and I don't think I ever laugh as hard as I do when I'm with the RACER X guys. When we started that band, none of us were really known and we just sorta built it from nothing into something. That sorta made us friends for life. That was a great experience…coming up through the L.A. scene and being a band that nobody really knew about. MR. BIG was amazing, too, but by that point, we had all done albums and were known somewhat in our various areas. It was a little easier. We instantly had a high power manager and a major record company. It was probably the most amazing ride for me because I was the youngest and hadn't done a lot of that stuff before. With RACER X, we really did it together and it was a great experience. It was a lot of fun back then."

Blasting-Zone.com: Who first came up with the idea (for MR. BIG) to record an acoustic track? Was it a mutual decision?

Paul: "Initially, it was us because the songs were Eric's. When we Eric played them for us, we thought they were great, but we knew we still wanted to be a big, heavy and powerful band. …So we put 'To Be With You' last on the record after an album of huge, hitting the snare drum as hard as you can songs. We figured we could get away with putting a quieter song at the end. And that song went on to become a number one hit and this giant song. People would come to see us expecting to hear an entire set of stuff like that and would end up watching us play guitars with drills. In general, it was nothing but a blessing. It really exposed us to a lot of people. And after the initial shock, I think a lot of people enjoyed the guitars being played with drills, so it was alright."

Blasting-Zone.com: I definitely grew up with a lot of people that never would have picked up a MR. BIG album had it not been for "To Be With You"…

Paul: "It was a good billboard for us and I still like the song. It had good harmonies…it was a good BEATLES-y tune."

Blasting-Zone.com: What was the main motivation behind you leaving MR. BIG?

Paul: "The music started to suffer because we couldn't get along with each other. We held on for a long as we could, but it got to the point where…we weren't writing together or really doing anything together anymore. We were trying to figure out how to make records without seeing each other and I thought that was just ridiculous. It was good while it lasted and I'm still really proud of the music that we did. And now some time has passed and we're much more civil towards each other. It's good that it ended well."

Blasting-Zone.com: Other than VAN HALEN, musically, what are you influences?

Paul: "Just about every rock band and every guitar player from 1964 to 1984. To me, that's the golden period of rock. From the first BEATLES album hitting America to the last VAN HALEN album with David Lee Roth. That's where all my favorite rock exists. More specifically, for guitar players, it would be Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, Robin Trower, Pat Travers, Alex Lifeson, Angus Young, Tony Iommi, the guys from DEF LEPPARD, the guys from AEROSMITH…Nancy Wilson, Johnny Winter…the list just goes on and on and on."

Blasting-Zone.com: At first I was going to ask you why your list stopped at 1984, but I guess I already know the answer to that one…

Paul: "Sammy Hagar was good, too, but there was a certain intensity in the early stuff that was just unmatchable. Also, BON JOVI came out then…and to me, that was the end of metal… …And I love pop, but to me, pop should be more like BEATLES-influenced. To me, you had to have a least a couple of ugly guys in the band. That's why SAXON was great. I remember seeing SAXON and I had no idea who they were. They were opening up for TRIUMPH and they just sounded great. …They sounded great, they were really ugly and I didn't care. Maybe I was just jealous because all the girls were into BON JOVI. Plus, I could never get my hair that cool. It took me years to get my hair right…after years of perms, conditioning…NIRVANA came out and it wasn't cool to have big hair anymore. It was just a horrible injustice.'

Read the entire interview at Blasting-Zone.com. http://www.blasting-zone.com/PaulGilbert1.htm
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard   Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard EmptyDim 29 Oct - 16:57

RACER X Guitarist PAUL GILBERT On Possibility Of MR. BIG Reunion : "I'd Rather Not"
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 at 15:04:43

Metal-Rules.com has issued an interview with RACER X guitarist PAUL GILBERT (ex-MR. BIG), conducted by Celtic Bob. The following is an excerpt:

Q: Is there a chance of a Mr. Big reunion down the road?

A: "I’d rather not. I’ve got great memories of what we did and I love the music we did but I really think our best work is behind us. The atmosphere that existed at the beginning of the band was the best atmosphere creatively and socially for us. I think if we’d try to do that again, I don’t think we could top what we did then. It doesn’t have anything to do with musicianship just as people we weren’t really getting along toward the end. I think if we got back together it would be more pain and misery."

Check out the complete interview here. http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=702
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard   Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard EmptyDim 26 Nov - 0:39

PAUL GILBERT - "The Double-Guitar Team From RACER X Is Back!"

Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard T55576 Guitarist Paul Gilbert (RACER X, ex-MR.BIG) has issued the following update:

"I have very good news. The double-guitar team from Racer X is back! Yes! I have been rehearsing with BRUCE BOUILLET, and he will be joining my band for our upcoming tour of Japan! Bruce has just completed his own all-instrumental guitar album and has been concentrating 100% on playing guitar, so I thought it would be a great time to join forces and bring our wall of guitar solos, harmonies, and riffs to Japan for the first time ever!

Backed by the power of Mike Szuter on bass (and great vocals!) and the amazing Jeff Bowders on drums, Bruce and I will create the biggest, most exciting guitar sound since we played together last in 1988!

I can't wait to stand onstage, feel the guitar power, and share it with my fellow heavy rock fans in the audience.

I'm planning the setlist now. Of course I will be performing many songs from my new Get Out Of My Yard album. But I will also be playing some songs from my vocal solo albums, Mr. Big, and of course, Racer X.

Before we leave for Japan, we'll be playing at the Viper Room in Los Angeles, on January 18th. I hope to add some other US shows as well,
so keep checking back for additional dates.

Do not miss this amazing tour!!

Thank you,

Paul

P.S. Here are some more photos of Bruce and me with Racer X in the 80's."

(Photo - Gilbert and Bouillet in 1987)
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard   Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard Empty

Paul Gilbet - Get Out Of My Yard
Page 1 sur 1