Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Où acheter la display japonaise One Piece Card ...
Voir le deal

MEGADETH

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptySam 12 Jan - 14:43

MEGADETH Mainman Coordinates Marine Toy Drive

The following report is courtesy of Dan Lamothe of MarineCorpsTimes.com:

With a well-documented past of substance abuse, heavy metal rock star Dave Mustaine might not seem like the biggest fan of the Marine Corps and its reputation for order and discipline.

But the longtime singer of Megadeth coordinated the donation of thousands of toys through the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to wildfire victims in the San Diego area, including four pallets that were delivered to Camp Pendleton, Calif.

The effort was organized with the help of Hasbro Toys, which donated a portion of the thousands of games, block sets and dolls delivered.

Toy deliveries also were made to the chamber of commerce in nearby Fallbrook, Calif., and to North Coast Church, a Fallbrook church the Mustaine family attends, said Bob Leonard, chief executive officer of the chamber of commerce.

“He’s this interesting paradox, with a family who regularly attends church, but he’s still involved in that kind of music,” said Bob Leonard, chief executive officer of the chamber of commerce in nearby Fallbrook, Calif.

The toys were delivered to the church in part because there are 300 to 400 children of Marine families who attend and have parents deployed at Camp Pendleton, according to a prepared statement by the band.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptyJeu 17 Jan - 20:22

MEGADETH Leader: "It Is Really Fun Around The House Of Mustaine"

MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine has posted the following message in the band's Forum:

"Droogies!

Ah, what a great day it is today! I can see Glen posted, and I am happy for him. Chris is doing just fine and we will keep you posted with some snippets at the Megadeth Fan Club and I will notify you through my TLL number (TheLiveLine) when the files are on the MFC site.

The shows are selling out overseas and we are pumped about the songs we are going to learn. I told Chris after we get the basic set caught up, that we could always improvise on certain songs like an extended shred, of which he has to play with one hand behind his back, or we just pull out the songs I have been trying to add for a while and that Shawn has been requesting.

Either way, it is really fun around the House of Mustaine. James and I are going over video of the making of the record and the dumbest stuff is on tape, like filming and then stopping and taking the tape out and losing the time code and putting it back in (and that is just to mention the simple things), but James is having fun with it.

He actually said what a mess it was with much more colorful words for the film and much less flattery for the camera mis-operators :-)

I hope to see many of your beautiful faces this weekend at the NAMM show and I hope you get a chance to see Chris at the ENGL booth and what not. I know that Shawn and James are going to be there, as well as many of the other old ex-Megadeth members that still go to NAMM.

Then Sunday we start rehearsal at my House Studio until Wednesday. We will be leaving on the 31st for Finland tentatively, and we start the European Tour in less than three weeks.

I am excited, are you?

So, be sure to come check me out if you are at the NAMM show at the DEAN booth and if you don't make it Friday, no sweat! I will be there on Saturday too! I am secretly pining to get up there on Thursday to see all of my other endorsers and thank them for the glorious support they provide for me and Megs, and what we plan on doing this year with Gigantour, and setting out for a new record with Chris someday, and on, and on, and on.

Thursday I want to visit with Seymour Duncan, Jim Dunlop, Monster Cable, Shure, Pro-Tools, Marshall, and TEAC/Tascam to just say thank you, too! SO if you are there on Thursday, it will be much more casual for you to say hello than when I am entranced in front of the fantastic DEAN booth!

Anyway, I am rambling, and I have to go feed Rocky and get the kids to school. And be sure to look for some new people joining Legends Cup Coffee. We are proud to announce we are joining up with GOLDBERG! Yep, Bill Goldberg of WCW Championship is the newest Legend for Pam's company (she is the real owner of Legends Cup Coffee, which is why I laugh when the haters say it is my company), and next they are talking to my good friend Charlie Benante of Anthrax Fame. Truly a legend from the Big Four in American Heavy Metal back in the day.

Call my number at TheLiveLine my lovelies! Talk to you later!"
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptyDim 23 Mar - 13:08

MEGADETH Suffer Sound Issues During Rock In India

The following report is courtesy of Ravi Balakrishnan from TNN :

There are some things you should just never be able to do at a heavy metal concert. Carrying on conversations at a normal volume with the people standing next to you is one of them. Being able to hear people four rows away discussing their latest downloads is another. A headlining event featuring metal outfit MACHINE HEAD and thrash metal pioneers MEGADETH ought to have been a pulverising assault on the senses and the eardrums. The sort that people would walk away from with sore necks and heads buzzing with a mild, almost pleasant dose of tinnitus.

Instead, a severely underpowered sound system for the headliners made Rock In India, a festival held last weekend in Bangalore sounded a lot more like Soft Rock In India. It's arguable that compared to Megadeth and Machine Head on March 14, even MARK KNOPFLER, a master of mellow guitar twanging sounded loud and intimidating when he performed in India a few years ago.

It was particularly disappointing for long-term fans, many of whom have waited over a couple of decades to see Megadeth, a band that's been through more than its fair share of line-up changes and one rather long hiatus.

Read more here.
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptySam 24 Mai - 11:42

Watch Exclusive Videos And Send Messages To MEGADETH

MEGADETH have issued the following update:

"A consistent innovator in music and technology, Dave Mustaine will be the first musician to utilize a fan-centric video widget to keep in touch with fans while on the road. Fans are able to video message directly with the band online, and with their cell phones - creating a highly personalized experience. Each week of five will offer a different theme of interactions including one week where bands can upload videos of their own renditions of their favorite Megadeth songs for comments and critiques! To get started, register here."
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptyJeu 29 Mai - 19:37

MEGADETH Mainman Comforts "Cool Young Kids" Overcome By Tragedy

MEGADETH T90468 ANNIHILATOR mainman Jeff Waters has issued the following update:

"A friend of mine called me about two young boys who had tix to see Gigantour with their father in Calgary a few weeks ago. Their father Mike died in a car/bike accident only weeks before the show.

These cool young kids (Cayle and Lucas) were smiling non-stop that day and probably still are! (a pic of Dave Mustaine with the boys has been posted at the left)

On behalf of their mom Angela and Dave Spofford, I want to thank my good friend Dave Mustaine, his Tour Manager Tracey, his tech Willie, Shawn Drover (mega Canadian-drummer), Jesper (IN FLAMES) and all the band members/crews that helped take these boys' minds off the terrible tragedy of losing their father, only weeks before the Gigantour show (that they were to see with their Dad).

I know this is a private matter so I won't discuss what many did for them but I will tell you, for example, that Dave (Mustaine) had a private hour-long hang-out session with them in his dressing room, let them play his and James' (Lomenzo's) guitars and basses, watched the entire show at his guitar tech station onstage, but more importantly, talked with them about losing their father's at such young ages and letting them know that he is there for them, if they ever need anything. And he meant it.

Heartbreaking story to hear of kids losing their parents like this but it sure shows how many good and nice people are still out there in this biz, amongst all the crooked and messed up ones."
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptyMar 10 Juin - 13:42

MEGADETH Video Podcast Featuring Guitarist Chris Broderick Available

MEGADETH are reporting:

"MFC's MegaFilm crew caught up with Chris Broderick in Chicago, Illinois while on Gigantour NA 2008. Chris takes us on a detailed tour of the Megadeth tour bus. A place fans often see from the outside, but never on the inside! MFC members get a look at the High Definition version of the video in the MegaFanClub before the standard size version is released approximately one week later on iTunes. Check it out here."
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptyLun 7 Juil - 12:32

MEGADETH Mainman Looks Back At The Killing Road

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has issued the following update:

"Droogies!

Now, we are nearing the start of the SECOND world tour with the Drovers and some of the dates and places and people may be mixed up here, so please forgive me or don't!

But we still have no new record.

Fortunately, this tour would end up with us touring with more of the bands that we have grown up with and loved than we would ever imagine, the discovery of terrible mistakes with hiring people, changing management for a real cohesive manager for a real long time, the unbelievable physical rigours of this last tour at the end (everyone got sick even Chris Broderick - who is healthy and strong as a horse), a record – that for the most part was received positively worldwide – that would give me back a “band” mentality with three other guys, the ensuing and serious housecleaning 'again', and the replacement of another member.

I have never been on the other side of a musician leaving Megadeth without being turned into the bad guy, and this was one that even surprised me, but we made a great record and went right back out into touring with Chris, and thank god he was as good as he was, because we just kept going almost as if things hadn’t been turned completely inside-out. But that is getting way ahead of myself. And Glen and I are still friends too, so to the haters, I guess a big "whoops" would be in order. I doubt they would admit they were wrong and there was a possibility of a guitarist parting and still being friends after playing and leaving Megadeth.

James Lomenzo’s first show with us was in Dubai. We played with our friends in TESTAMENT, and some other bands that were also impressive to someone, I guess. However, we didn’t get to see SAXON, which we all wanted to do, but because of their song 'The Crusader' or 'Crusader' I am not sure, got them banned at the concert (I think they are banned in Dubai - in general, actually).

FINALLY we start the tour with HEAVEN & HELL. My manager and agent (who was the agent for DOWN and Heaven & Hell also) were there for the big start of the the tour.

And everything else doesn’t matter for the last six months of hell in the studio … and the planes and … and the busses … and the hotels … and the sperm covered bedspreads and couches in all the hotels and dressing rooms. We are ready to go, until I see the day sheet and the running times.

Now I am pissed."
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptyDim 20 Juil - 22:27

MEGADETH - Father Of Guitar Center Sessions 14-Year-Old Contest Winner Checks In Again: "Good People Really Do Exist In This World, And DAVE MUSTAINE Is One Of Them"

MEGADETH T93540 As previously reported, 14-year-old Justin Seagraves from Reno, NV recently won the Intimate Session With Dave Mustaine contest that was sponsored by Live Nation and Guitar Center. Justin's father Ron issued a statement prior to the session, and he has now checked in with pictures (scroll down) and the following update:

"To All: This is Justin's Dad again wanting to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my family's and Justin's heart!

First to Dave Mustaine of Megadeth: my family and I couldn't have been any luckier than we were to have participated in what I am considering a life changing event for one 14 year old kid. Justin was pure awe struck with how you could play that guitar and the rest of us were in pure AWE of how good you were with Justin. Justin really listened to you on how you were helping him with the tabs of the songs. Once we arrived back at the hotel after the sessions, Justin pulled out that amazing instrument and said watch Dad, Justin started playing the intro to 'Symphony Of Destruction' and already was improved with what you had taught him. The chords were clearer now and I could really understand what he was playing. Thank you for that Dave.

I was so proud of how you took my son under your wing that night and really intently were there helping him, as if no one else was in the room, even though, it was filled with people taking pictures and watching, it was just you and Justin, playing together. I had high respect for you with all your accomplishments over the years, but more so now for you as a person and a father. Dave you were so down to earth, that I was so blessed to have seen it with my own eyes. You hear of so many stars these days that are caught up in there own egos, that they would not have given Justin the time, or took the time to really teach him something, but you did, and for that I want to say thank you!

Also, when you were being interviewed on stage, you looked down at Justin, called him your friend and interacted with him on that stage. It truly showed what a class act Dave Mustaine really is. It was all that Justin talked about after that. Again, thank you for showing this family, that in fact, good people really do exist in this world, and for anyone who is reading this, Dave Mustaine is one of them."

To read the rest of the letter click here.
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptyDim 17 Aoû - 22:29

MEGADETH Mainman Checks In

Dave Mustaine has posted the following update on the Megadeth Forums:

"Well, I for one am enjoying this weekend, now that I am a civilian again and off of the Killing Road. And I am not looking forward to Monday. The working at the studio everyday from 9 AM to sometimes 1:30 AM is a lot of time to be on your feet. I want to thank the gentlemen spearheading our studio construction; Brandon, Jeff, and each of their crews of guys. Shane is vital too as you will find out, and James helped with the layou fo the rooms, painted six walls, and is waiting to come over and help."

Read more here (you must log-in).
bru_dall

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH EmptyLun 3 Nov - 1:59

MEGADETH - Blood In The Water: Live In San Diego To Premiere On HDNet TV Tonight

Tonight (November 2nd) at 8PM, the HDNet TV Concert Series is premiering MEGADETH's Blood In The Water: Live In San Diego. Watch this exclusive premiere as Megadeth performs to a raucous hometown crowd at the Cox Arena in San Diego, California on the 2008 Gigantour tour. Repeats Monday, November 3rd 2:30 AM ET. For more info click here.

Watch a preview below:

'Peace Sells':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHW8NedboXE&eurl=http://www.bravewords.com/news/100077
Contenu sponsorisé

MEGADETH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MEGADETH   MEGADETH Empty

MEGADETH
Page 1 sur 1