Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Sortie PlayStation 5 Pro : où ...
Voir le deal

CANNIBAL CORPSE DVD

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

CANNIBAL CORPSE  DVD Empty
MessageSujet: CANNIBAL CORPSE DVD   CANNIBAL CORPSE  DVD EmptyLun 12 Mai - 22:55

CHRIS BARNES On The Forthcoming CANNIBAL CORPSE DVD Centuries Of Torment - "It's Pretty Fucking Amazing!"

CANNIBAL CORPSE  DVD 89270

On July 8th, CANNIBAL CORPSE will issue a three-disc DVD career retrospective, Centuries Of Torment – The First 20 Years, via Metal Blade Records. The first disc documents the definitive history of the band from 1987 to now. The second disc is packed full of live performances and the third disc contains numerous Bonus Chunks. Former vocalist CHRIS BARNES spoke exclusively with BW&BK scribe Aaron Small about this release.

Chris’ contributions are primarily on disc one – the first half of which details his time with the band from 1987 to 1995. “Mostly it’s all new stuff, me talking about the old days. Almost that entire history disc is looking back at, and then footage of those days, putting together what everyone says. Denise (Korycki – director and producer) asks similar questions to each member and puts it all together with historical footage, which is really cool. I literally did a six-hour video interview for this. I took them through the whole thing. I was really happy with the way they put it together. It’s really excellent. I freaked out, ‘cause I didn’t know what to expect. It just seemed like it was coming together real quick. I felt this was a really important thing, so I hoped they would take their time and do it right. I was blown away when I saw it! I was really shocked. I was choked up through the whole thing. Watching it really got me right in the old pumper,” laughs Barnes. “I’m telling you, I was watching my life pass before my eyes pretty much. It was something. They did the whole story of the band early on justice. All the things having to do with me leaving were very true to the facts of what happened. I think in a way, a lot of people’s… the folklore out there about the whole early part of the band’s career, my departure and (guitarist) Bob Rusay’s departure… what’s said on the documentary will hopefully settle people’s ideas about what they really think happened. It’s really a truthful look at the band’s history and I was really glad to be a part of it. I’m really happy that they asked me to do it.”

Barnes’ involvement in Centuries Of Torment came about in a rather matter of fact way. Metal Blade head honcho Brian Slagel was visiting Chris in Florida and the two of them took in a hockey game during which, according to Chris, “He just nonchalantly threw it at me like, ‘Has anyone got in touch with you about this Cannibal thing?’ What Cannibal thing? He explained that they were doing a documentary, which I thought was interesting. A couple months passed and he asked me again, but no one had called me. Then things got in motion. Pretty much Metal Blade asked me if I wanted to do it and I said for sure. It wasn’t like those guys (from Cannibal Corpse) called me up separately, but I didn’t expect that. The things they said in the video I was really happy with. They were real honest and real kind to me as far as my whole section of the video.”

Don’t get the wrong idea. This DVD will not result in a reunion of the original Cannibal Corpse lineup, as Chris clarifies. “I don’t think someone will get the idea that there will never be one by watching the video, ‘cause I don’t think it’s really stated. But I’ll state it now – I don’t think that will ever happen. The best thing anyone’s going to get as far as that goes is to watch this video of old footage, ‘cause I can really never see that happening. If they asked me to come up and do a couple songs, I’d be into it. They just aren’t there. They’re moving forward and I’m doing Six Feet Under. I would do it just because I love those songs; I still rehearse them. They really don’t have any need for me to do that. I think it would take some of the attention off of what they’ve been doing. It’s their thing. If they ever ask me I’d love to, but I’m 100% sure it will never happen.”

Each of the Cannibal Corpse albums that Barnes appeared on – Eaten Back To Life, Butchered At Birth, Tomb Of The Mutilated and The Bleeding, receive their own sub-chapter on disc one. Going back in time certainly shook the cobwebs loose for Chris. “There was definitely footage on there that I didn’t really remember. It really put it into perspective, how many times I’ve been on stage. Looking back that far at some of those shows, it was kind of weird. But I remember pretty much everything. I think Denise was kind of amazed at how much I remembered, being as much of a fucking pot head as I am,” chuckles Chris. “She was like, ‘Oh my god! Whoever said weed destroys your memory didn’t meet you!’ I pretty much remember all that stuff because I was really involved in the band at that point. I was doing all the business stuff, talking to the label, booking shows… it was interesting seeing how much I’ve aged,” laughs the man who ripped entrails from a virgin’s cunt. “I didn’t remember how young I once was. That was probably the biggest shocker. It’s been a long road but it’s been a blast.”

Disc two houses the live performances – current Cannibal Corpse vocalist George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher sings 26 songs, yet Chris only has four. That is due in large part to the advancement in technology since 1995 when Chris quit. However, the disparity in screen time doesn’t bother Barnes. “There is a lot more footage out there, but they probably didn’t want it to be the Chris Barnes show. It doesn’t disappoint me. It’s their band. The main thing for me was the history thing. I was really happy that they took that much time to be as honest and upfront about the whole thing. They didn’t downplay my role in things early on. As far as the live shows, that stuff’s out there on YouTube. They didn’t ask me for any footage. I have a ton of old footage from Europe but they didn’t ask me for it so… it is what it is. I’m just really glad that the history disc is as well done as it is and I had such a big part in that. Looking back on it makes me feel even more proud about that whole time.”

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

CANNIBAL CORPSE DVD
Page 1 sur 1