Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Xiaomi Poco M6 Pro (8 Go / 256 Go) Noir
159.99 € 199.99 €
Voir le deal

AC/DC - Bon Scott

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

AC/DC - Bon Scott Empty
MessageSujet: AC/DC - Bon Scott   AC/DC - Bon Scott EmptyVen 16 Mai - 23:26

AC/DC - Bon Scott Homilies Linger Beyond The Grave

AC/DC - Bon Scott T89652 The following story is courtesy of Thewest.com.au:

Most teenagers would probably think hanging out in a cemetery was a very uncool thing to do at the weekend — unless you are Rebecca Dagnall, and the grave you are visiting belongs to the late AC/DC frontman Bon Scott.

When photographer Dagnall was 15, she made regular pilgrimages from her Thornlie home to visit Scott’s gravesite at Fremantle Cemetery. At that stage a huge AC/DC fan and a lover of heavy metal, she looks back on these frequent vigils — as much social gatherings as a tribute to a lost rocker — with fondness and nostalgia.

“Me and my teenage girlfriends used to go down to Bon Scott’s grave practically every second weekend and do what teenage girls do, which is drink beer and sit around talking and singing until 3am, then try to work out how the hell we were going to get home,” she laughs.

So when the Fremantle-based photographer learnt that the Fremantle Arts Centre was hosting The Bon Scott Project, a month-long celebration of the pint-sized man with the big vocal cords, she jumped at the chance to take part. Dagnall placed ads in community newspapers asking for Scott fans to come forward and be photographed. Responses were swift, coming from suburbs as far afield as Scarborough and Rockingham.

At a Bon Scott tribute concert in February, she found more devotees — in particular, one Hamilton Hill clan consisting of about 26 family members, whom she photographed in a games-room shrine bedecked with AC/DC posters, plaques, photographs and memorabilia.

“I basically wanted to involve the fans on an artistic level,” Dagnall says. “I wanted it to be collaborative, so I asked the fans to set up a space in their home that shows their dedication to Bon Scott. I sent out photos of Elvis shrines to give people an idea of what I meant.”

Read more here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

AC/DC - Bon Scott
Page 1 sur 1