Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Retour en stock du coffret Pokémon Zénith Suprême – ...
Voir le deal

GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE Empty
MessageSujet: GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE   GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE EmptyJeu 29 Mai - 19:57

GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE Debut - "I’ll Always Mark It As One Of The Musical Highlights Of My Life"
GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE 90451
BW&BK scribe Carl Begai recently caught up with LYNCH MOB / ex-DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch to discuss his new band, SOULS OF WE. The following is an excerpt from the interview, with Lynch discussing the inspiration for forming a new band while Lynch Mob is still alive and well.

"You know, I wish I could say I had a plan but I never do," says Lynch. "All this is, is a jam that exposes a riff and a groove which I add more riffs and chords and changes to, and hand off to London (Legrand/vocals) who does his magic. Of course I’m distilling a very laborious and involved process down into its essential components. A lot of thought does go into creating our records, but the initial ideas are spewed out almost unconsciously. The follow up ideas that are based on the initial riffs are reactionary."

As for the creative process for the Souls Of We debut, Let The Truth Be Known...

"I wrote all the music. I was working with a great vocalist, Andrew Freedman, who worked with me developing some of the lyrics and melodies. I invited London in because we had worked together before he was in BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION. He continued to flesh out the vocals over the existing music. It was an amazing experience to watch these songs grow up. Some of these ideas were songs I had been working on for up to five years. London came in and brought it all home for me. Even if this record were to be a complete commercial disaster I’ll always mark it as one of the musical highlights of my life."

Even so, many old school Dokken fans are still waiting for Lynch to return to his Tooth & Nail "shred 'til yer dead" form. Or does he find the fans are open-minded enough to give him the space to do his thing without a lot of bitching?

"When someone is critical of some body of work that I’ve created because it’s strayed from a formula that they’ve grown accustomed to, I believe it may be because they’re built to look at things in that way," Lynch offers. "I don’t want to alienate anyone, but it would be very unrewarding on all but a financial level to just stick to the same old formula. That’s what they have tribute bands for. As far as my 'shred-cred', just in case anybody was actually listening, I really wasn’t that good of a guitarist back in the day. It was all smoke and mirrors. I’ve become much more comfortable in my own skin as a player and a lot more confidant in my abilities. My problem is I’m both a very driven person and also incredibly lazy so if I don’t keep my chops up I can definitely suck. You have to try and constantly maintain and exceed your abilities, especially with the caliber of players out there today. I don’t know where they’re growing these kids or what planet they’re from but they’re ridiculous!"

Watch for the complete interview, coming soon.

The Souls Of We debut, Let The Truth be Known, is available now at this location. To hear audio samples, click here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE   GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE EmptyDim 8 Juin - 14:22

http://www.myspace.com/soulsofwe

SOULS OF WE, the band featuring Lynch alongside London LeGrand (BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION), powerhouse drummer Yael (TOM MORELLO, ALEX SKOLNICK) and bassist Johny Chow (SYSTEMATIC, FIREBALL MINISTRY), has just released its debut album, "Let the Truth Be Known".

Lynch and Legrand originally started crafting the songs that would ultimately make up "Let The Truth Be Known" four years ago. However, the project was temporarily put on hold for a couple of years while Lynch worked on various projects and Legrand joined BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION, the band featuring Nikki Sixx of MÖTLEY CRÜE and Tracii Guns from L.A. GUNS. After the BRIDES split, Legrand and Lynch rekindled their partnership and finished work on their most ambitious project yet.

"Let The Truth Be Known" was self-produced in various studios around Los Angeles and mixed by Mudrock (AVENGED SEVENFOLD, GODSMACK). The record features several guest musicians including, drummer Morgan Rose (SEVENDUST) and bassist Fred Leclercq (DRAGONFORCE).
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE   GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE EmptyLun 9 Juin - 13:08

GEORGE LYNCH - New Audio Interview Available

GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE T91133 LYNCH MOB / SOULS OF WE / ex-DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch was featured on the Maximum Threshold radio show on July 7th. Click here to check out the show.

As previously reported, BW&BK scribe Carl Begai recently caught up with Lynch to discuss Souls Of We. The following is an excerpt from the interview:

"When someone is critical of some body of work that I’ve created because it’s strayed from a formula that they’ve grown accustomed to, I believe it may be because they’re built to look at things in that way," Lynch offers. "I don’t want to alienate anyone, but it would be very unrewarding on all but a financial level to just stick to the same old formula. That’s what they have tribute bands for. As far as my 'shred-cred', just in case anybody was actually listening, I really wasn’t that good of a guitarist back in the day. It was all smoke and mirrors. I’ve become much more comfortable in my own skin as a player and a lot more confidant in my abilities. My problem is I’m both a very driven person and also incredibly lazy so if I don’t keep my chops up I can definitely suck. You have to try and constantly maintain and exceed your abilities, especially with the caliber of players out there today. I don’t know where they’re growing these kids or what planet they’re from but they’re ridiculous!"
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE   GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE Empty

GEORGE LYNCH On SOULS OF WE
Page 1 sur 1