Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -35%
Philips Hue Kit de démarrage : 3 Ampoules Hue ...
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Ex-ALICE COOPER Guitarist RYAN ROXIE

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

Ex-ALICE COOPER Guitarist RYAN ROXIE Empty
MessageSujet: Ex-ALICE COOPER Guitarist RYAN ROXIE   Ex-ALICE COOPER Guitarist RYAN ROXIE EmptyLun 2 Juin - 13:04

Ex-ALICE COOPER Guitarist RYAN ROXIE - "The World Needs To Take A HAPPYPILL"

Ex-ALICE COOPER Guitarist RYAN ROXIE T90684 Metal Express Radio recently caught up with ex-Alice Cooper guitarist Ryan Roxie to discuss his new band, HAPPYPILL. The following is an excerpt from the interview:

Q: First things first. Let’s talk about your latest project, Happypill. You’ve just released your first single as a download, 'This Year'. This has a real up-tempo, positive vibe to it. Are you feeling positive about the project?

Roxie: "That’s exactly it. I think our songs have a real energy to them, that’s why we’re called Happypill. I think it’s what the world needs right now, it needs to take a Happypill. I don’t mean a drug or an escape, it means that it’s whatever makes you happy in your life whether it’s your kids or food or even your job. I’m actually one of those lucky people who loves their job as I’m able to go out and make music and that makes me happy."

Q: You’re doing things a little differently this time by making you’re first single 'This Year' available as a free download.

Roxie: "This band Happypill means that I’m allowed to do a few things unconventionally in the way I promote this. It’s the first time in my career where I’ve actually had the time it takes to put a band together and go through the whole process of putting a band together and playing shows and I have a little bit of freedom to call the shots. I want to be able to promote this differently. You and me are the last of the old school set. Our generation were the last to actually buy CDs and listen to music in tangible form. In fact I still have a record collection. I thought that if I couldn’t beat them then I’d at least make the most out of the download market. As an artist you have to realize that people will share your music, much like we did back in the days with cassettes where one person on the block would buy the album and we’d make recordings of it with tapes. It’s the same thing now but much easier and more global. Now you can download in the UK, The States and all over, but when we were kids you’d just share with those on your block. It’s always existed. I wondered what was the best way to spark the interest of the younger fan that would want to hear I-music."

Q: As far as 'This Year' goes it’s got a great pop rock feel to it. I can see JELLYFISH influences, the more melodic side of ENUFF Z'NUFF and CHEAP TRICK with a little hint of OASIS. Are these reference points that you are looking to?

Roxie: "Well we wear our influences as we wear our clothes!! You mentioned three bands that I totally respect and was influenced by so you get it. Maybe you should write our bio next time."

Q: What has been the reaction to it so far?

Roxie: "So far it’s been phenomenal. I’ve been pleasantly surprised that even though I haven’t been directly associated with Alice for a couple of tours now, a lot of old school Alice Cooper fans that knew me from that and a bunch of GUNS N' ROSES fans who’ve known me through my work with Slash and Gilby Clarke, a lot of people are following up on what I’m doing now and I really appreciate that. It’s a great foundation for me to build on. They are really good, credible names to be associated with. I’m also still building on every show I do over here and every single TV show I do here in Sweden, we’re building our audience from this. I say that Happypill is taking over the world one Swede at a time."

Go to this location for the complete interview.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Ex-ALICE COOPER Guitarist RYAN ROXIE
Page 1 sur 1