Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -11%
Smartphone 6.36 ” Xiaomi 14 (12 Go / 256 Go
Voir le deal
641 €

EIDOLON Cover Of MAX WEBSTER

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

EIDOLON Cover Of MAX WEBSTER Empty
MessageSujet: EIDOLON Cover Of MAX WEBSTER   EIDOLON Cover Of MAX WEBSTER EmptyMer 4 Juin - 11:57

EIDOLON Cover Of MAX WEBSTER Classic Featuring Glen And Shawn Drover Available For Download

Way back in 2003 Toronto's EIDOLON - the pre-MEGADETH band featuring Glen and Shawn Drover - recorded a cover version of the MAX WEBSTER classic ‘In Context Of The Moon’ for the North American release of their Apostles Of Defiance album. BW&BK recently stumbled across an mp3 download of the track approved by Glen Drover. Check it out here.

During the recording sessions for Apostles Of Defiance, Glen Drover gave BW&BK the following exclusive: "I contacted Terry (Watkinson - Max Webster keyboard player) about the possibility of having him drop by the studio to lay keyboards on ‘In Context Of The Moon’ and to my surprise really, he was for it right away! Being that Shawn and myself are the biggest fans of Max Webster and have listened to their records since their release in the 70's, this is really a dream come true for us!

So, with that said, Terry recorded his keyboard tracks for the song this past weekend, and everything sounds killer! We kept the tune very close to the original recording in terms of performance, yet with the tones we get and use on our records - so it’s a real cool mix of heavy guitars and drums with Terry's classic keyboard tones. This will be released on the Canadian version of the new record as a bonus track, as obviously, we (Canadians) are the most familiar with Max and their great music!

All is good here in studio-land - we are very excited for the metal masses to hear the new record, believe me!!!!"

Original Max Webster frontman Kim Mitchell commented on the track via his official website when word came down the band would be covering the song: “A band called Eidolon has done a cover of Max Webster's ‘In Context Of The Moon’. Terry Watkinson is playing keyboards on it also - I've heard it - it ROCKS!!!!!"

Drummer Shawn Drover: “For us to get the 'thumbs up' from Kim Mitchell, let alone acknowledge it and listen to it, makes us happy beyond words!!!!! It's no secret that Glen and myself have been Max freaks for many years and it was a complete thrill to have Terry Watkinson play keys on the track!!!!!!"
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

EIDOLON Cover Of MAX WEBSTER
Page 1 sur 1