Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Sortie PlayStation 5 Pro : où précommander la console PS5 Pro ?
Voir le deal

PETER CRISS (kiss)

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyJeu 19 Oct - 19:56

PETER CRISS - "Very Limited" Drumsticks To Be Available At Chiller Theatre Convention

KISS News ( www.kissnews.de ) has issued the following report from Ken Rodenas:

"Peter Criss will be appearing as a guest at the Chiller Theatre Convention from October 27th -29th at the Crown Plaza in Secaucus, NJ.

Yes, this is the same venue that has been home the past several years to the annual NY KISS Expo. You can find more details here. http://www.chillertheatre.com/ch4.htm

Peter recently signed a new drumstick endorsement deal with Pro-Mark. You might remember, Peter was with Pro-Mark once before from the early 1980’s through the mid-1990’s.

In celebration of Peter’s new endorsement, Pro-Mark is producing VERY LIMITED edition drumsticks that will ONLY be available at the Chiller Theatre Convention. There will be two different models which represent Peter’s various music styles. The first model will be the Pro-Mark TXR3JW model, which is a jazz stick that will feature a “jazz cat” on it in green & black. The second model will be the Pro-Mark TX3RW model, which is a rock stick that will feature Peter’s famous cross tattoo on it in red & black.

Peter personally hand drew the artwork for both models! Each pair will come with a certificate of authenticity. So word to the wise, get them while you can! If you were considering going to the convention, do so. If you can’t make it, find a friend who is going and can pick them up for you. As I mentioned, they will not be available afterwards."
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyDim 22 Oct - 22:33

Former KISS drummer PETER CRISS has posted the following message at his official website:
PETER CRISS (kiss) 53450zv4
"I've entered into an endorsement agreement with Pat Brown at Pro-mark, a company I have a long standing, rewarding relationship with. In honor of this agreement, Pro-mark is creating two limited edition Drumsticks that will be available at Chiller Theatre Convention at the end of this month. The sticks feature personally drawn artwork by me. I chose the tips, weight, length, and finishes. Every aspect of these sticks are custom made to my drumming preferences. I'm very excited about my new engagement. I hope you'll enjoy pounding on the skins with them. It's great to be back with the Pro-Mark family and I want to thank Rick Grossman at Ahead for the time we spent together."

(Photo - Peter Criss' 1999 drum sticks)
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyMar 1 Mai - 13:05

PETER CRISS (kiss) 65203

Former KISS Drum Legend PETER CRISS To Issue New Solo CD
BW&BK has received the following press release:

PETER CRISS, founding member and drummer of iconic rock group KISS, will release his new solo CD entitled One For All July 24 on Silvercat Records, distributed by Sony/Red. The CD will be distributed day-and-date to fans across the globe.

An autobiographical collection of songs that Criss produced and recorded over the course of two years, One For All also includes several cover tunes that reflect his outlook on life at this point in his long-standing career.

The lead vocalist and co-writer of what to this day remains KISS’ biggest Billboard hit, Beth, which also went on to win a People’s Choice Award, Criss goes back to his songwriting roots with this new CD. Says Criss: “The most important thing is that my fans and other people will get a whole new outlook on me with this CD. I’m reinventing myself at my own pace, and for me, it’s now, more than ever, about being true.”

One For All is the first fully self-produced CD that Criss has recorded -- in addition to arranging and writing the lyrics and melodies for most of the material on the CD.

Joined by longtime friends and acclaimed musicians – Grammy award-winning bandleader Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee, as well as guitarist Mike McLaughlin -- One For All is a variously styled project, profoundly rich in ballads that touches on all aspects of Criss’ life, and draws on his love of rock and R&B. The title track, recorded with the Church Of Transfiguration Boys Choir, was written in the wake of 9/11 and sets the tone for the CD. Other songs include: 'Doesn’t Get Better Than This', 'Last Night', 'Faces In The Crowd', 'Heart Behind The Hands', 'Send In The Clowns', and even a tribute song to his longtime bandmate and friend Ace Frehley titled 'Space Ace'.

bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptySam 19 Mai - 13:33

"One for All", sont en ligne :

"One for All": http://www.redmusic.com/streams/PeterCriss/OneForAll.asx
"Doesn't Get Better Than This": http://www.redmusic.com/streams/PeterCriss/DoesntGetBetter.asx
"Last Night": http://www.redmusic.com/streams/PeterCriss/LastNight.asx
"Faces in the Crowd": http://www.redmusic.com/streams/PeterCriss/FacesintheCrowd.asx

sortie le 24 juillet chez Silvercat Records, distribué par Sony/RED.
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyMer 6 Juin - 20:27

PETER CRISS - One For All Cover Art Revealed

PETER CRISS (kiss) 67424

As previously reported, founding member and drummer of iconic rock group KISS, Peter Criss, will release his new solo CD entitled One For All on July 24th on Silvercat Records, distributed by Sony/Red. To view a photo of the album graphic click left.

BW&BK has received the following press release:

Best known to the entire world as The Catman, a founding member and original drummer of the legendary KISS, PETER CRISS has returned with his latest musical project, All For One, a collection showcasing his far-ranging talent as a skillful singer-songwriter and his vast range as a gifted vocalist.

Born Peter George John Criscuola in Brooklyn, New York on December 20, 1945, he took up drums inspired by jazz icon Gene Krupa as well as rock'n'roll heroes such as the Rolling Stones' Charlie Watts. “I love bands like the Who and Zeppelin, but you could always dance to the Stones and that is so important,” says Criss. Launching his own career as a musician, Peter played in local bands around the New York area in the late '60s and early '70s, but his future fame truly began the day he placed a newspaper ad saying "drummer with 11 years experience, willing to do anything to make it." That classified led to the formation one of rock's greatest bands in history.

Peter sang the lead vocal and co-wrote what to this day remains KISS' biggest Billboard hit, 'Beth', which went on to win a People's Choice Award and became a highlight of every KISS concert, with lighters, then years later, cell phones raised high and waving in arenas and stadiums around the globe. In his Catman persona, he performed with the band through 1980, and then embarked on a solo career that resulted in four albums. In 1995, he reunited with his former band mates for a historic MTV Unplugged show that led to a 1996-97 reunion tour that encompassed the globe, followed by a new studio album. Turning to acting in 2002 with a part on the HBO prison drama Oz, Peter continued to play with KISS until 2004, and then again turned to other entertainment projects, while also crafting the songs that now appear on his new solo release, One For All.

Intensely personal and autobiographical, One For All, is a song cycle of variously styled, profoundly rich ballads that touch on all aspects of Peter's life, looking back at his legendary music career while also turning within to reflect on family and friends. It's the latest chapter in a life story that has given us one of rock's greatest legacies.

For the recording of the CD, Peter worked in his home studio and New York studios with many longtime friends who are also top musicians, such as songwriting collaborator guitarist Mike McLaughlin, who goes back to Peter's '80s band, CRISS, and Late Night with David Letterman Grammy-award winners bandleader Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee. One For All also marks Peter's debut as a producer. “I've co-produced KISS albums with all the greats” says Criss, “but I'd never sat in the captain's chair until now.” He continues: “It was an amazing experience and big achievement for me. To be playing with guys I've always respected as musicians at my level -- or even above it -- I'm just so proud of that.”

With McLaughlin sending music from his home in Asia and then flying in for the actual sessions, Peter wrote all the lyrics and melodies, and also arranged the songs -- many of which are textured with string passages overseen by Clifford Carter. Says Criss, “I'd be down there in the studio at two, three in the morning, playing as loud as I wanted to, and all I could think was how blessed I am in my life. Now that I'm an artist again, I'm really finally free to do what I want…and I'm not delusional about charts or hits, I know who I am, exactly what I am, and what I can do.”

Organic and elemental, drawing on Peter's love of rock and R&B, One For All aims straight for the heart and soul. The album opens with the title track, written in the wake of an event forever burned in the mind of all Americans, especially New Yorkers like Peter: September 11th, 2001. “I went to Church that day and coming home, watching it on television, it was so surreal, but I knew I wanted to do something,” he recalls.

Peter took part in various 9/11 fundraisers, and also began working on a song to capture the feeling of a shattered world where we all find strength in each other -- as One For All became an elegiac cry for unity over our diversity. For the first time, he also worked with children, who sing on the song, as hope for our future. Rather than use a well-known adult choral group, he recorded the Church of Transfiguration Boys Choir.

A searing blues-soul ballad, 'Doesn't Get Better Than This', is a remarkable call-and-response duet between Peter and Jennifer Johnson, their vocals pushing each other to a climactic finish. The emotive cello for Wendy Sutter colors 'Last Night', a song about losses and transition, filled with aching sorrow, yet also renewal, as Peter says goodbye to past love, friends now gone, and his prior musical life -- while also embracing new love, and his continuing journey as an exploring musician.

Peter pays special tribute to KISS fans that have stuck by him through thick and thin in two songs, Faces in the Crowd and Memories. “People put you on pedestal and can easily knock you off it. I'm so lucky to have the greatest fans in the world,” he says. “I would look out on the crowd at those smiling faces every night and I'm so proud to have those fans. I thank God and the fans every day for what they've given me; they're the biggest stars, not me. And they've made a wonderful life for me.”

The album also features several cover songs, including a torchy rendition of 'What A Difference A Day Makes', which Peter always loved from a Dinah Washington record, and now dedicates to his mother. “There have been a lot of artists and musicians in my family; my great, great grandfather was a great painter, and my mother had a golden voice,” he says. “She sang morning, noon and night, and had the radio on 24/7 -- she even took a portable radio with her when she left the house. I brought a picture of my mom and me into the studio, lowered the lights…and sang to this picture. I really went through a major emotional experience and got it on the third take, which is my lucky number.”

Another cover, a version of the classic Sondheim stage song 'Send In The Clowns', was the first piece Peter actually recorded for the project. “It was a very heavy time for me. KISS had finished work with the Melbourne Symphony and the song made sense,” he says. “I knew we wanted to do different things, and for me it was finally getting down to doing this album of my life.”

While 'Heart Behind The Hands' is from the hit Broadway musical Brooklyn, its revealing theme struck Peter to his core. “My guitarist Mike and I looked at it and it was good, but very Broadway, so we thought 'let's try to do this bluesy shuffle, a Zeppelin kind of thing,'” he says. “The song could be about a musician, the guy behind the hands that play, his soul. I talked to the writer and said 'did you know me, are you clairvoyant?'”

The album closes with the atmospheric 'Space Ace', as Peter honors his longtime KISS bandmate and friend guitarist Ace Frehley. “He's gone through a lot of changes, just like me and he's happy,” Peter says.

For Peter Criss, One For All is a summation of all the places he's been, all the wonder and tragedy he's weathered to emerge a far more creative musician and perhaps most of all, a fulfilled human being. “I think the fans, the true KISS fans are going to get this and love it,” he says.

“The most important thing is that my fans and other people will get a whole new outlook on me,” Peter says. “I'm reinventing myself at my own pace. I've been to the mountain several times. I've been so high up in this business, I'd like to see other people, the artists-on-the-rise, get there now. For me, it's now, more than ever, about being true. I'm old school man, I come from the heart and always will."
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyDim 8 Juil - 18:47

PETER CRISS To Make Special Rare Live In-Store Appearance At Virgin Records

PETER CRISS (kiss) 69485

As previously reported, the legendary PETER CRISS, founding member, drummer, composer and vocalist of iconic rock group KISS (otherwise known as “The Catman”), will release his new solo CD entitled One For All on July 24 on Silvercat Records, distributed by Sony/Red.

Criss will make a rare live special appearance at Virgin Records in New York City (52 E. 14th Street) to personally sign autographs of his new solo – on the day of the release - July 24th at 6PM.

One For All is an autobiographical collection featuring Criss’ self-penned tunes, in addition to several cover songs and tribute songs to his fans, that reflect his outlook on life at this point in his long-standing career.

In addition to arranging and writing the lyrics and melodies for most of the material on the CD, One For All is the first fully self-produced CD by Criss. The CD also features collaborations with longtime friends and acclaimed musicians – bandleader Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee, as well as guitarist Mike McLaughlin
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyDim 22 Juil - 21:49

PETER CRISS To Guest On Rockline Next Week

PETER CRISS (kiss) 70403ak8

Former KISS drummer PETER CRISS will be the featured guest on the nationally syndicated radio show Rockline with host Bob Coburn, on Wednesday, July 25th.

The show airs live at 8:30 PM (PT)/11:30 PM (ET) and fans are encouraged to call in at 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). For a station near you, and information regarding how to log on to the Internet for the broadcast, go to this location. http://www.rocklineradio.com/

As previously reported, Criss will release his new solo CD entitled One For All on July 24th on Silvercat Records, distributed by Sony/Red.

Criss will make a rare live special appearance at Virgin Records in New York City (52 E. 14th Street) to personally sign autographs of his new solo album – on the day of the release - July 24th at 6PM.

One For All is an autobiographical collection featuring Criss’ self-penned tunes, in addition to several cover songs and tribute songs to his fans, that reflect his outlook on life at this point in his long-standing career.

In addition to arranging and writing the lyrics and melodies for most of the material on the CD, One For All is the first fully self-produced CD by Criss. The CD also features collaborations with longtime friends and acclaimed musicians – David Letterman show bandleader Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee, as well as guitarist Mike McLaughlin.
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyDim 22 Juil - 22:45

PETER CRISS - One For All Audio Samples Available

PETER CRISS (kiss) T70527 As previously reported, former KISS drummer PETER CRISS will release his new solo CD entitled One For All on July 24th on Silvercat Records, distributed by Sony/Red. One For All will feature the following tracks:
'One For All',
'Doesn’t Get Better Than This',
'Last Night',
'What A Difference A Day Makes',
'Hope',
'Faces In The Crowd',
'Send In The Clowns',
'Falling All Over Again',
'Whisper',
'Heart Behind Hands',
'Memories'
'Space Ace'.

You can listen to samples of all songs here.

Criss will make a rare live special appearance at Virgin Records in New York City (52 E. 14th Street) to personally sign autographs of his new solo album – on the day of the release - July 24th at 6PM.

In addition to arranging and writing the lyrics and melodies for most of the material on the CD, One For All is the first fully self-produced CD by Criss. The CD also features collaborations with longtime friends and acclaimed musicians – David Letterman show bandleader Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee, as well as guitarist Mike McLaughlin.
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyMar 24 Juil - 22:43

PETER CRISS Says Solo Album Was Inspired By New York City After September 11th

Launch Radio Networks has issued the following report:

PETER CRISS, the original drummer for KISS, releases a new solo album today (July 24th), titled One For All. Criss produced the album himself for the first time, and guest musicians include keyboardist Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee of Late Night with David Letterman. The album includes a range of styles, from rock and jazz to blues and Broadway, and includes covers of 'What A Difference A Day Makes' and 'Send In The Clowns'.

Criss says One For All was inspired by the how it felt in his hometown of New York City in the weeks after the terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001: "The city was so close again, it seemed like New York really was in pain, and there was a lot of reaching out for everybody, everybody's reaching out for everybody, everybody seemed really, like it was Christmas, there was gonna be more actually wanting to care, and loving in New York. The city seemed kind of hurt."

Criss says he then made the jump to "One for all": "And I thought of the old slogan 'One for all, all for one.' And it was like that famous slogan that the four musketeers would say. And I thought, you know, that's a great thing, 'All for one,'that's how we should be thinking now."

bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyJeu 26 Juil - 22:50

PETER CRISS In-Store Photos Posted

A brief message at KISSAsylum.com reads:

"Andrew provided these photos he took at PETER CRISS' in-store appearance in New York City this week."

PETER CRISS (kiss) 20070726-01Virgin-02
Criss, the original drummer for KISS, released a new solo album on July 24th, titled One For All. Criss produced the album himself for the first time, and guest musicians include keyboardist Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee of Late Night with David Letterman. The album includes a range of styles, from rock and jazz to blues and Broadway, and includes covers of 'What A Difference A Day Makes' and 'Send In The Clowns'.

Criss says One For All was inspired by the how it felt in his hometown of New York City in the weeks after the terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001: "The city was so close again, it seemed like New York really was in pain, and there was a lot of reaching out for everybody, everybody's reaching out for everybody, everybody seemed really, like it was Christmas, there was gonna be more actually wanting to care, and loving in New York. The city seemed kind of hurt
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyDim 29 Juil - 12:46

PETER CRISS - More NYC In-Store Photos Available

PETER CRISS (kiss) T70886 PETER CRISS celebrated the release of his new album, One For All, with an in store appearance at Virgin in New York City's Union Square. Over 400 fans showed up for the rare signing.

Criss, the original drummer for KISS, released a new solo album on July 24th, titled One For All. Criss produced the album himself for the first time, and guest musicians include keyboardist Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee of Late Night with David Letterman. The album includes a range of styles, from rock and jazz to blues and Broadway, and includes covers of 'What A Difference A Day Makes' and 'Send In The Clowns'.

Criss says One For All was inspired by the how it felt in his hometown of New York City in the weeks after the terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001: "The city was so close again, it seemed like New York really was in pain, and there was a lot of reaching out for everybody, everybody's reaching out for everybody, everybody seemed really, like it was Christmas, there was gonna be more actually wanting to care, and loving in New York. The city seemed kind of hurt."

bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyLun 30 Juil - 19:59

Former KISS Drummer PETER CRISS' New Solo CD Is Vindication

HeraldTribune.com has issued the following report from Rod Harmon:

With a few exceptions, rock drummers are among the least recognized musicians in public. Although they have the most important job - keeping the beat - the fact that they are usually not songwriters or singers means they are less likely to have a rabid fan base beyond other drummers.

A notable exception is PETER CRISS. As a founding member of KISS in the 1970s, he not only sang, he wrote - in fact, he wrote the band's biggest hit, the ballad 'Beth'. And one was just as likely to see his trademark cat makeup emulated on the faces of young fans as they were to see that of bassist GENE SIMMONS, rhythm guitarist PAUL STANLEY or lead guitarist ACE FREHLEY.

Criss left "the hottest band in the world" at the height of its popularity in 1979, and Frehley followed in 1982. When they rejoined in 1996, the result was the one of the highest-grossing tours of the decade. Since then, it's been an on-again, off-again romance for Criss and KISS, and each departure has resulted in Simmons' ridiculing the drummer's musical abilities.

Now, Criss is responding. On Tuesday, he released One For All, his first solo album in 13 years. In a recent phone interview, he talked extensively about the new album, his days with KISS, and why Simmons is never invited to his house for dinner.

Q: One For All is your first solo album since Cat #1 in 1994. What made you decide to make a new album after all this time?

A: "I started thinking about it during the (1996-97) reunion tour. As the tour went on, things got weirder, and all these major things happened in the span up to the (2000-01) "Farewell" tour. I lost my dearest friend along the way... so many things came to me in an epiphany, of how really important the fans are to my life. And I'm grateful to what I have and to the Lord. So I kinda had a lot of stuff to lament. I'm a music man - you sing out your blues, you sing out your troubles, you sing out your good stuff, and hopefully, someone listens...

I must do these things, if not for me, for the fans that love what I do. Over the winter, I finished a rock album - I've gotta do the lyrics this summer. I finished my swing album, which is my dear passion. So I've been a busy guy, and it's been cool, because I'm somewhat free. I don't have an A&R guy (record company scout) over my shoulder sayin', 'Oh, I don't think I hear a hit, I don't like this'. And I don't have the other three in the room. Let me tell ya, when the four's in the room, it's a scary room."

Read the full story here.
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptyMer 1 Aoû - 12:09

PETER CRISS - Video Report And Interview Online

YUKS.tv has filed a report on ex-KISS drummer Peter Criss and his latest solo effort, One For All, including a brief interview. Go to this location to check it out.

As previously reported, HeraldTribune.com correspondent Rod Harmon recently issued a report on Criss. Read the full story here.

bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptySam 16 Aoû - 15:56

PETER CRISS (kiss) 95093
bru_dall

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) EmptySam 16 Aoû - 15:57

Ex-KISS Drummer PETER CRISS - "You Can Take The Mask Off The Lone Ranger And Put It On Someone Else, But It Ain’t The Lone Ranger"

PETER CRISS (kiss) T95093 Picture by Gigi Criss

Mark Voger at 4074Mag.com recently caugfht up with ex-KISS drummer Peter Criss. The following is an excerpt from the story:

KISS’ original and best-remembered lineup – guitarists Paul Stanley and Ace Frehley, bassist Gene Simmons and Criss – released its self-titled debut album in 1974. For a decade, band members kept their faces hidden behind their Kabuki-inspired makeups. Their cartoony personas skyrocketed Kiss’ appeal beyond the turntable and the stage; toys, lunch boxes, comic books, model kits and even Halloween costumes were marketed.

Around 1980, Criss became the first member to leave the band, followed two years later by Frehley. Stanley and Simmons carried on with replacement musicians, eventually dispensing with the makeup.

Following an introduction by the late rapper Tupac Shakur at the 1996 Grammys, the original Kiss – back in makeup – heralded its reunion tours, which played to sold-out arenas. But by 2003 (by which time Frehley was no longer in the band), Criss felt the writing was on the wall.

“That was it for me,’’ he says. “That was like: Ace ain’t here. This ain’t the original band. I said to Gigi, ‘I can’t do this with these guys. I made this band what it is. I’m one of the founding fathers. No matter who they get to put stuff on their face, it ain’t us. You can take the mask off the Lone Ranger and put it on someone else, but it ain’t the Lone Ranger.’

“We ended it on my 58th birthday, which couldn’t have been more apropos.’’

Go to this location for the complete story.
Contenu sponsorisé

PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PETER CRISS (kiss)   PETER CRISS (kiss) Empty

PETER CRISS (kiss)
Page 1 sur 1