Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-23%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents Fnac) Kit de démarrage 3 ampoules connectées Philips ...
99.99 € 129.99 €
Voir le deal

Vinny Appice

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

Vinny Appice Empty
MessageSujet: Vinny Appice   Vinny Appice EmptyVen 17 Nov - 21:10

Vinny Appice Video Interview Available

A recent 20 minute video interview (done on Sep 22nd) with drummer Vinny Appice is available where he talks about a number of musicians he's worked with, and tells several stories. Some of the names he hits on are JOHN LENNON, ELTON JOHN, RONNIE DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RICK DERRINGER, CARMINE APPICE, OZZY, how to pronounce his last name, and Sabbath related stuff. This interview is done by Denise Ames of The Rustam Report. You can visit the Rustam Report website
http://www.therustamreport.com/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

Vinny Appice Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Vinny Appice   Vinny Appice EmptyLun 21 Mai - 22:46

HEAVEN AND HELL Drummer Vinny Appice - "I Don’t Audition For Nobody, Not After All These Years!"

Vinny Appice 66522

HEAVEN AND HELL drummer Vinny Appice (ex-BLACK SABBATH, DIO) spoke to DavesOnTour.com recently. A few excerpts from the chat found here follow:

Dave: After Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward decided not to tour, were you handed the job or did you have to audition?

Appice: "I don’t audition for nobody, not after all these years! They were working with Bill but something didn’t work out. I don’t know exactly what all the details were. Obviously, I’m the next choice in the family. Plus, I played on most of the Sabbath-Dio records anyway. I know the band and you never know what can happen. Sure enough, I got the phone call. They said, 'It’s not working with Bill. If you want to do it, get on the plane to England tomorrow.' We all know each other so well and there was no auditioning involved. We knew what it would sound like."

Dave: Because Black Sabbath and Dio were such influential bands, you as a musician made an impact on an entire generation of metal drummers with your powerful style. What’s the number-one drumming lesson that you’ve tried to teach by example that should forever be a part of your musical legacy?

Appice: "I just tried to lead by example like many of the great drummers who influenced me. Listening to LED ZEPPELIN growing up, there were a lot of drums and Bonzo (John Bonham) did some incredible things that paved the way for future generations of drummers. His triplets on 'Good Times Bad Times' was the first rock recording to have that, and it was so tasteful how he worked in it there. Some of the insane drumming Billy Cobham did with MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA inspired me the same way. I tried to be flashy, without crossing the line of overplaying and being tasteful. I play the songs before we record them so that I can feel them in my heart. Then I have a feel for where I can put some crazy stuff in the songs for the drummers, making sure it fits the song and that it’s not overplayed. I want the things that I add to the record to stand out to drummers and music fans. Drums don’t have to be played safely all the time. You can play them aggressively and kick the band in the ass."

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Vinny Appice
Page 1 sur 1