Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-11%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Smartphone 6.36 ” Xiaomi 14 (12 Go / 256 Go
641 € 719 €
Voir le deal

JON OLIVA'S PAIN

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Empty
MessageSujet: JON OLIVA'S PAIN   JON OLIVA'S PAIN EmptyMer 31 Jan - 21:09

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Singer Jon Oliva - Criss Oliva's Music "Brought A Great Vibe To" Maniacal Renderings

The Classic Metal Show, heard weekly from 9p-3a EST on Saturdays at www.theclassicmetalshow.com , recently spoke with SAVATAGE/TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA/JON OLIVA'S PAIN vocalist Jon Oliva about their new album entitled Maniacal Renderings. During the discussion, Oliva revealed that many pieces of the songs that make up Maniacal Renderings feature musical compositions written by his brother, the late Savatage guitarist Criss Oliva. During the discussion, Oliva revealed how he recently stumbled across more than 40 cassette tapes of musical compositions from his brother, and how they were (and will be in the future) incorporated into his work. Here is an excerpt from that discussion.

The Classic Metal Show: You mentioned that some of the songs on Maniacal Renderings feature some unreleased music from your brother Criss (Oliva – late of Savatage). Which songs?

Oliva: "Well, the title track, 'Maniacal Renderings'. There’s a couple riffs of his in there. The main song that he’s got the most music in is a song called 'Timeless Flight', which happens to be my favorite on the album. The whole middle section of that song, when it comes in from this piano thing, is something that I found on an old cassette that he had recorded on an acoustic guitar. On the record, I transposed it and played it on the piano. The whole middle section of that song, the solo section and the whole tinkly stuff on piano was stuff that he had done on an acoustic guitar and that we had never used before for Savatage for some reason. I don’t know why. So I found it, and I just had to change the key. I just, kind of, inserted it into the song in the middle, and it just worked. It was like magic. It was really strange, and kind of creepy, but in a good way. It was like it was just meant to be. That also happened on another song, called 'The Evil Beside You', where there’s a chorus riff that was a riff of Criss’ that was just stuck in between pieces of a song called 'Skraggy’s Tomb' that he wrote for the Edge Of Thorns album. There was just something else, and this little riff was in the middle. He just played it one time, like he was just messing around. I found it, and I was like, 'wow, we never used that.' So I grabbed that, and I tried to figure out…you know…I’m just trying to keep him a part of what I do and stuff. It was kind of cool because he was kind of like an invisible band member. He contributed parts on five or six songs, and there’s many more to come because I’ve got about 40 cassette tapes that I found in an old shoebox that my wife had packed away. In a big box when moving, we pulled this box out and she brought it into me. She goes, 'is this important?' It was a shoebox taped closed, and it was full of writing cassettes. That’s how Criss and I used to write. We would trade cassettes. He would finish my songs, and I would finish his. These were just a whole collection of things that I’ve had since 1983, all the way up until the year he passed away. It was very magical how they just kind of appeared, but it really brought a great vibe to the record. The excitement level was really, like, 'Wow! We really have Criss Oliva music to add into this, and it’s amazing!' The fans are going to love this, and it’s very exciting.

To hear the interview in it’s entirety, visit this location.

The Classic Metal Show for Saturday, February 3rd will be hosted by the members of METAL CHURCH.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JON OLIVA'S PAIN   JON OLIVA'S PAIN EmptyMar 20 Fév - 13:19

JON OLIVA'S PAIN - Win A Chance To Play 'Jesus Saves' On Stage With The Band

JON OLIVA'S PAIN T60726 JON OLIVA'S PAIN have issued the following contest announcement:

"JON OLIVA'S PAIN, DIONYSUS and NOSTRADAMEUS will embark on their European spring tour beginning March 30th. JOP will be heading up a series of fan contests for select shows. The first contest has begun and will give three fans/guitarists the chance to perform live on stage with the Mountain King! Official rules and regulations are listed below:

1) Contestants must make a video of themselves actually performing 'Jesus Saves' live and post it on either YouTube or Google Video. This is not an air-guitar contest, so please be sure you know what you are doing.

2) Fans will be instructed to register and log onto the JOP message board. In this thread you will need to provide complete contact information, WHICH SHOW YOU WANT TO PERFORM AT and the link for JOP to review the video. The band is not going to patrol the Internet looking for you!

3) JOP will decide the winner for each show. Winners will be asked to arrive (with their guitar) and perform with the band during soundcheck. If you can really play... then you will perform.

4) Winners will receive two free tickets for that night's show (so you can bring a witness to actually verify that you performed with the Mountain King).

5) Winners will be notified by e-mail with instruction's for that day's performance.

6) It is the winner's sole responsibility to secure their own travel arrangements and guitar. Amp and cabinets will be provided.

7) JOP reserves the right to terminate the winner's possible performance if it turns out you just plain suck!

Cool Deadline for entries is March 25th, 2007.

Log on to www.jonoliva.net to register and post your video."

Shows for this contest are as follows:

April
3 - Prattlen, Switzerland at Z7
12 - Oslo, Norway at John Dee
16 - Hamburg, Germany at Kantine
bru_dall

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JON OLIVA'S PAIN   JON OLIVA'S PAIN EmptyDim 15 Juil - 19:30

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Announce Live Show For New Port Richey, Florida

JON OLIVA'S PAIN T70065 JON OLIVA'S PAIN, featuring SAVATAGE frontman/founder Jon Oliva, have issued the following update:

"It time to start preparing for some upcoming shows in Europe and what better way to prepare than a kick-ass show at
Bourbon Street in New Port Richey, Florida on Saturday, September 29th. Doors open at 8:00pm...support acts will be announced soon as well as ticket prices and where to get them online.

For more info, click this link.

As for as the Euro-tour, it's going to be short as we have to deliver the new record to AFM by the end of November for a tentative Feb 28th, 2008 release.

TIME TO INFLICT SOME PAIN!"
bru_dall

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JON OLIVA'S PAIN   JON OLIVA'S PAIN EmptyJeu 30 Aoû - 19:48

JON OLIVA'S PAIN - Pre-Production For New Album Complete, Gearing Up For The Studio

JON OLIVA'S PAIN T72818 JON OLIVA'S PAIN drummer Chris Kinder has issued the following update:

"Sorry for the delay in keeping our most excellent fans up to date. Between pre-production, Oliva's TSO obligations, the passing of our good friend Les Talent.....well let's just say it has been crazy.

So let's bring everyone up to speed on what's been happening.Fifteen songs have been completed and are now in their rehearsal format for Kevin and I to begin our final preparation's before hitting Audio Lab in September. He and I will take a week apart to solidify our own idea's before spending a few final day's exchanging idea's and nailing the rythym section to the floor! Kevin and I have been writing, recording and performing together for more than 13 years. We know how to get it done in the least possible time, but unlike the last record (without all the stupid band turmoil), we will be very well prepared and the bulk of our idea's written in stone. Of course, anything can and will happen once we hit the studio and you can expect a good 20% of our idea's to be spontaneous. We always raise a few eyebrow's at each other after some track's are finished....'Hey, where the f*ck did you come up with that?'...... 'I don't know, it was actually a mistake.....cool!'

Oliva and company have spent tireless hour's recording, arranging, re-arranging, and more re-arranging. At some point you just have to say 'enough' and feel confident that the building block's are firmly in place............. and boy, are they in place! There is so much diversity and texture going into these songs. Some of the material will surprise your sense's and some will just make you smile knowing that Oliva's trademark stamp is still alive and well. There are some very heavy songs, and some bombastic epics......just what you would expect from an Oliva/JOP record. Now that we have arrived at the start of JOP#3, and the machine is now four years old....it runs like clock-work!.....This recording is going to the most fun and challenging yet!

The title of the CD and artwork concept are complete. AFM has approved all of our ideas with great enthusiasm. The schedule of event's for the next 4-6 weeks will be rehearsal, Drum and bass tracks recorded, and then back to rehearsal for the Bourbon Street show-Oliva's solo gig at PP-Atlanta- and our headling appearance at Prog-Power Europe on Sunday October 7. From there it is all JOP #3 until we turn in the final master to AFM by the end of November. Tentative release date is set for February 28th in Europe. A US date has yet to be determined.

Hope you are pumped up for the next installment of JOP! We are pulling out all the stops on this one and we certainly have some crazy idea's in mind. We are going to wake-up your senses, your ears and make you think!"

Cheers to you all........See you soon!
Chris Kinder
bru_dall

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JON OLIVA'S PAIN   JON OLIVA'S PAIN EmptyDim 23 Sep - 16:27

JON OLIVA'S PAIN - Ticket Discount Announced For Tribute Show To GREG "Super G" MARCHAK

As previously reported, JON OLIVA'S PAIN producer, engineer and close friend Greg "Super G" Marchak passed away unexpectedly on September 6th after suffering an anyeurism. The band recently announced a tribute show to Marchak, due to take place on October 1st at Bourbon Street in Tampa, FL. The band has issued the following update:

"Just met with Greg Serio, the owner of Bourbon Street....

In honor of Super G and the fact that we had to move this celebration, Bourbon Street will be giving a fan/Super G ticket discount for this show. Here is how it works:

1. Log on to the Bourbon Street website between Wednesday and midnight Thursday.

2. At the site there will be a coupon for $10.00 tickets which you must print and bring to the door when you arrive. This will be $8.00 off the day-of-show price.

It's been very difficult putting this all together but it will happen and the awesome people at BS recognize that there are a great many of Greg's fans and friends who want to be in attendance....this is there generous way of helping out. Don't miss out.....you have been warned!

See you there and thank you!"
Contenu sponsorisé

JON OLIVA'S PAIN Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JON OLIVA'S PAIN   JON OLIVA'S PAIN Empty

JON OLIVA'S PAIN
Page 1 sur 1