Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -11%
Smartphone 6.36 ” Xiaomi 14 (12 Go / 256 Go
Voir le deal
641 €

ian gillan band

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptyLun 7 Aoû - 15:03

le 29 aout sortira un dvd du ian gillan band , "live at the rainbow 1977" voici la pochette:

ian gillan band 48693
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptyDim 13 Aoû - 1:01

bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptyJeu 17 Aoû - 0:22

IAN GILLAN Kicks Off Solo Tour Tonight; Plans To Visit 'The Ballet' In Toronto
ian gillan band T49374vu2

Launch Radio Networks has issued the following report from Bruce Simon:

DEEP PURPLE frontman IAN GILLAN steps out on his own tonight (Wednesday, August 16th) with the launch of a solo tour at the Town Ballroom in Buffalo, New York. The five-week North American run is in support of his solo album Gillan's Inn, which he released to celebrate 40 years in the music business.

Gillan told us that he's really happy to start things off in Buffalo, for a few different reasons: "Buffalo's a great music town. It's got a lot of great music bars and musicians, and a great feeling for rock-and-roll. My friend and manager Michael Lee Jackson lives there. My producer Nick Blagona lives just across the border in Toronto -- so it gives us a good excuse to visit 'the ballet'. That's a euphemism, of course, for a strip joint, but we call it 'the ballet'."

Gillan's
got another chance to engage himself in the arts tomorrow (Thursday, August 17th), when the tour hits Toronto.

Gillan will wrap things up September 21st in Medina, Minnesota.

Deep Purple is currently on a break from a planned two-year-long world tour behind their latest album, Rapture Of The Deep. The band goes out again starting October 3rd in Salzburg, Austria.
bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptyJeu 17 Aoû - 0:29

IAN GILLAN – Gillan’s Inn… Toronto!
ian gillan band T49378vx5
By Martin Popoff

But first it’s Buffalo, for the first show of this novel solo IAN GILLAN tour – tonight! Followed by Toronto tomorrow night, Thursday August 17th, at The Phoenix, one of Toronto’s better club settings in which to see a show.

As Ian explains, it looks to be quite the set list the DEEP PURPLE legend is trotting out… “We're trying to finalize the set list as you called. I'm looking at stuff obviously from Gillan's Inn, but a couple of other interesting things as well, things, a couple of Purple songs I've never done before, which, I've never even sung them live – ‘Wasted Sunsets’ from the Perfect Strangers album, and ‘Not Responsible’, which actually didn't make it. It was a bonus track for House Of Blue Light. There are a couple of tracks which were good fun doing, and I've been trying to bring them back into the Purple set if the guys will do it. And we've got ‘No Laughing In Heaven’, ‘Into The Fire’ from Deep Purple In Rock, ‘Hang Me Out To Dry’ from Naked Thunder. We're doing a song called ‘Have Love Will Travel’, which is an old SONICS song. My buddy, Michael Lee Jackson, who also has a CD out tomorrow and is in the band, does that one. And I'm singing on his album - it's all very incestuous. So we're doing that as well. There's another song called ‘Texas State Of Mind’ which he wrote for his album. ‘Moonshine’, from Naked Thunder, which is a thundering song. ‘Bluesy Blue Sea’, ‘Unchain Your Brain’, ‘No Worries’, which is kind of a blues thing, ‘Sugar Plum’, ‘When A Blind Man Cries’, ‘Men Of War’ from the Gillan band, ‘Knocking At Your Back Door’, ‘Trouble’, which is an old Elvis song that I had quite a successful hit record with in the late ‘70s, early ‘80s - one of my favourite sort of blues rock songs. And a little-known song called ‘Smoke On The Water’. That's the idea.”

How are you guys feeling? Do you figure you’re ready? Are you nervous?

“I'm nervous all the time,” laughs Ian. “Yeah, I'm really nervous today, but the rehearsals have gone great. The band is awesome, and needless to say, it's the first night, and I get nervous everyday anyways. It's not a question of just nervous. It's a question of excitement that builds up. This is different. I mean, I've just come back from... we're six months into the Rapture tour with Deep Purple, and it's a two year tour, and I've just come back from doing the summer festivals in Europe. We've been playing to 20, 40,000 people a night, and I'm going to be playing little teeny weenie tiny places where the audience is right in your face. I love that; it's going to be a real challenge.”

“I've got them laid out all over the floor,” says Ian, asked whether he thinks he’s got all these obscure lyrics, er, mastered. “I'm walking around in circles trying to remember everything. I think it'll be okay; you know, sometimes if you just relax… if you think too hard about what they are, then it's kind of difficult. But if you just relax and go with it… sometimes I'm on automatic and I’ve changed the words and I've completely lost a song that I've sung a thousand times. But I think it will be all right, yeah.”

With the huge array of guest stars who lent a hand to Gillan’s Inn ( see www.gillan.com for more), not to mention Ian’s friends from a 40 year career in music (the milestone that prompted the record in the first place), it’s always possible a star or two will show up on some of the band’s 25 dates through September.

“If people are available or in town, they are welcome to jump up and play with us,” says Ian. “I'm loath to advertise these things ahead of it, because it puts pressure on people, and if they don't turn up… People may have come along especially to see maybe Joe Satriani or Ronnie Dio or Roger Glover, or whoever might be there. And if they don't turn up, there's a disappointment. But yes, we've got quite a few people that we would love to pop along (laughs). And if they're standing upright, they might get up and play a song or two (laughs).”

More importantly, will there be drink?

“Yes, I have one shot of whiskey 20 minutes before I go on stage. It’s like a ritual,” says Ian. “That's it, that's my first drink, and during the course of the two hour show, I drink almost exactly one and three-quarters bottles of Heineken. And the reason I drink low alcohol beer… and now I've stopped Heineken because it’s up to five or six per cent in Europe, to match the other European countries, so I drink something light - less than two beers, anyway, during the two hours. And that's it. No, it's almost impossible to go on stage drunk, but I like a drink, yeah, sure. Because it's a real relaxant.”

And what of circumstances that caused you to have to go onstage a little more in the bag than on a one shot jag?

“Oh Christ, yes. I used to drink far too much, absolutely. But you know, you have a tolerance level that builds up and builds up, and that's not a good thing. Because you drink more than you should do, and it becomes a toxin in your body, and then you suddenly realize you’re to the point where you’re listening to a recording you did last night or something and you go, ‘Oh my God, that sounded so good when I was on stage,’ and it really is not good. And it's like anything, you know - if you rely upon a substance as a crutch or a prop, you're going to need more of it. It becomes abuse, and then you can't do it anymore. That cuts a lot of careers very short. So yeah, we all make mistakes. I used to drink far too much. I think a lot of it was nerves, and I think particularly during the bad times, these things have a habit of spiraling. When there was tensions in the band or circumstances weren't good, we all start building insecurities, you lose confidence, and maybe you turn to the bottle or you turn to other things.”

As with the varied, wildly entertaining Gillan’s Inn album itself, some of these old Gillan or Purple chestnuts are gonna sound different – and heck, part of the fun is hearing Gillan solo songs at all. I’m sure much of this set has never been performed in North America in any fashion at any time…

“I think there are two or three songs which actually sound better in a different key,” says Ian, in closing. “I would end up in the hospital otherwise. Some of the songs used to kill me, in those days. So yes, we changed a couple of keys. Let me see, ‘Not Responsible’, no, that's in the original key. ‘Into The Fire’ and ‘No Laughing In Heaven’ are in the original key. ‘Wasted Sunsets’ is a step down, ‘Unchain Your Brain’ is in the same key. ‘Bluesy Blue Sea’… we lowered that, not because… it was because we wanted to get a low B on the guitar, and it sounds absolutely sensational. The key was not lowered for vocals, but we just changed it because it sounds sensational with the guitar tuned down. Apparently it's the modern way of doing things (laughs).”

Check out www.gillan.com and don’t miss this historic occasion when it gets to your town. Of note, the Toronto date’s venue was recently changed. It is indeed the Phoenix Concert Theater on Sherbourne – see you there.
bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptyDim 20 Aoû - 21:25

IAN GILLAN - Toronto Setlist Revealed

The DEEP PURPLE Appreciation Society website ( www.deep-purple.net ) has issued the following IAN GILLAN news:

Glen Miller has sent us his report from Ian Gillan's show at the Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, on August 17th (note: the venue for this performance was actually changed and took place at Phoenix Concert Theater, Toronto):

"What a fantastic show last night. Ian Gillan was in great vocal form. The venue held about 700 and it looked to be sold out. Show start: 9:15 PM. Show end: 10:40 PM.

Setlist:
'Second Sight',
'No Laughing In Heaven',
'Into The Fire',
'Hang Me Out To Dry',

'Have Love Will Travel' (Michal Lee Jackson song,)
'Wasted Sunsets',
'Not Responsible',
'No Worries',
'Unchain Your Brain' (Band jam),
'Bluesy Blue Sea',
'Moonshine',
'Texas State Of Mind' (Michael Lee Jackson song),
'Sugar Plum' (with Jeff Healey),
'When A Blind Man Cries' (with Jeff Healey),
'Men Of War' (Drum solo),
'Smoke On The Water'.
Encore:
'Trouble',
'Knockin'
At Your Back Door'.
bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptyDim 20 Aoû - 23:08

IAN GILLAN - New Live Performances Available
ian gillan band T49553va2

Two recent performances from DEEP PURPLE frontman IAN GILLAN's current solo tour are available on YouTube. The footage as follows was taken from his stop in Buffalo, NY on August 16th: 'Smoke On The Water' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvZWBdzNIlU
and 'Bluesy Blue Sea'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yFUgZIzUQU

As previously reported, Gillan's setlist the following night (August 17th) in Toronto was as follows:
'Second Sight',
'No Laughing In Heaven',
'Into The Fire',
'Hang Me Out To Dry',

'Have Love Will Travel' (Michal Lee Jackson song,)
'Wasted Sunsets',
'Not Responsible',
'No Worries',

'Unchain Your Brain' (Band jam),
'Bluesy Blue Sea',
'Moonshine',

'Texas State Of Mind' (Michael Lee Jackson song),
'Sugar Plum' (with Jeff Healey),
'When A Blind Man Cries' (with Jeff Healey),
'Men Of War' (Drum solo),
'Smoke On The Water'.
Encore:
'Trouble',
'Knockin'
At Your Back Door'.
bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptySam 2 Sep - 13:04

en attendant novembre avec le DP, voici qques videos avec les comments de Ian :

The tour has been going great. We've been posting more and more pics and clips at the Gillansinn.com Tour Section. Below is some videos of us rocking NYC, Philly, and Hampton. Thanks to everyone who has come to the shows :

http://www.gillansinn.com/tour.php
bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptyDim 19 Nov - 17:02

IAN GILLAN Interview Featured In Russia's Itogi Publication

ian gillan band T55141 TheHighwayStar.com reports that an interview with DEEP PURPLE frontman IAN GILLAN is featured in the Polish journal, Forum, issue 46 (November 13 -19th). The interview is a reprint from the Russian paper Itogi (October 7th).

Here is the interview in Russian.
bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptyMar 26 Déc - 17:34

Ian Gillan qui traite Blackmore de troul du c.. et dit qu'il ne lui parlera plus jamais, c'est sur KNAC.COM : http://knac.com/ , on est pas près de voir les voir jouer ensembles !

Charlie Steffens of KNAC.COM recently conducted an interview with DEEP PURPLE frontman Ian Gillan. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

KNAC.COM: Your relationship with most of your mates from DEEP PURPLE is good, obviously. Do you ever talk to Ritchie Blackmore?

Gillan: No, I don't talk to him at all. That asshole — I will never speak to him again, as far as I'm concerned. I loved Ritchie, though. I used to be his roommate and everything was fine. We all respect Ritchie for what he did — the foundation. But he turned into a weird guy and the day he walked out of the tour was the day the clouds disappeared and the day the sunshine came out and we haven't looked back since. And there are certain personal issues that I have with Ritchie, which means that I will never speak to him again. Nothing I'm going to discuss publicly, but deeply personal stuff. As far as I'm concerned, the divorce came a long time ago. I never want to see or hear of him again.
bru_dall

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band EmptyLun 8 Jan - 20:00

IAN GILLAN - Gillan's Inn Tour Edition Details Revealed

Italian DEEP PURPLE site Deep Purple Italia ( www.deep-purple.it ) is reporting that a Deluxe Tour Edition of IAN GILLAN's Gillan's Inn album will be available in February via US label Immergent Records.

The CD/DVD package will feature the following:

CD -
'Unchain Your Brain',
'Bluesy Blue Sea',
'Day Late And A Dollar Short',
'Hang Me Out To Dry',
'Men Of War',
'When A Blind Man Cries',
'Sugar Plum',
'Trashed',
'No Worries',
'Demon's Eye',
'Smoke On The Water',
'No Laughing In Heaven',
'Speed King',
'Loving On Borrowed Time',
'I'll Be Your Baby Tonight'
+ bonus tracks
'Have Love, Will Travel' (Live at House Of Blues in Anaheim, CA - September 14th, 2006),
'Wasted Sunsets' (Live at House Of Blues in Anaheim, CA - September 14th, 2006).

DVD - Original DualDisc content plus:
- expanded "Bootleg Basement" - additional live songs (fan bootleg footage) from the Gillan's Inn US tour
- 'No Laughing In Heaven' (Danforth Music Hall - Toronto, ON - August 17th, 2006)
- 'Hang Me Out To Dry' (Danforth Music Hall - Toronto, ON - August 17th, 2006)
- 'Into The Fire' (Concert Hall Of NYC - August 23rd, 2006)
- 'Moonshine' (Pabst Theater, Milwaukee, WI - August 30th, 2006)
- 'Sugar Plum' (Pabst Theater, Milwaukee, WI - August 30th, 2006)
- 'Men Of War' (Pabst Theater, Milwaukee, WI - August 30th, 2006)
- "Backstage Pass" – behind-the-scenes/backstage moments from the 2006 Gillan's Inn tour
- "Tales From The Tour Bus" – want to see what life on a tour bus is like?
- "Witness Protection Program" – now features a selection of never-before-seen photos from the 2006 Gillan's Inn tour
Contenu sponsorisé

ian gillan band Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ian gillan band   ian gillan band Empty

ian gillan band
Page 1 sur 1