Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Retour en stock du coffret Pokémon ...
Voir le deal

ted nugent

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

ted nugent Empty
MessageSujet: ted nugent   ted nugent EmptyLun 7 Aoû - 20:49

TED NUGENT Takes Aim

Kansas City Star ( www.kansascity.com ) has issued the following report from Brent Frazee:

It’s Wednesday morning - just a few hours after TED NUGENT had pinballed across the stage at the Uptown Theater while performing his brand of hard-rock mania - and you would think he would need some down time.

Not so.

Instead, he is rushing into his second passion - the world of bow hunting - with the same energy he had just displayed on stage.

Visiting a Grandview archery plant run by friend Andy Ross, he talks about his “in-your-face” defense of hunting that has brought him almost as much attention as his music. And as always, he is busy recruiting hunters - this time, two of his band members.

“If you want to be in my band, you have to be a member of the NRA, and you have to love to kill stuff,” Nugent says. “That’s why we’re here.

“These two guys have never bow-hunted before. But that’s going to change. I’m going to buy them bows, and they’re going to learn about the mystical flight of the arrow.”

The recruits - drummer Mick Brown and bass player Barry Sparks - at first look a bit uncomfortable in their new world. But with each arrow they let fly on a practice range under the watchful eye of Nugent, their apprehension melts.

“This is so killer,” Sparks says. “I’m going to have so much fun with this bow at home. I’ll probably have all kinds of holes in my walls, but that’s OK.

“I could see the whole ‘clearing-your-mind’ thing. I could see doing this.”

Nugent smiles. Another victory in the battle to preserve hunting.

Another day in his wild and crazy life.

The first thing you have to know about Ted Nugent is that he isn’t going to apologize to anyone for hunting.

“I’ve got a message for all those people who think hunting is so terrible,” he says. “They can kiss my (behind).”

That’s Ted. Whether he’s on stage singing a tribute to a bow hunting legend, Fred Bear, or whether he’s on TV, starring in his “Wanted: Ted or Alive” show, he doesn’t hold his tongue when it comes to hunting.

Remember, he’s the one who came up with the phrases “Kill ’em and grill ’em” and “Whack ’em and stack ’em.” Not exactly politically correct descriptions of hunting.

But then, Nugent doesn’t care. He will be the first to tell you that hunting is about more than just killing. It’s also about sunrises and sunsets, campfires, hunting camps and good times with good friends.

But he doesn’t apologize for the killing part.

“People will say to me, ‘All you want to do is kill things,’ ” Nugent says. “But if that was true, I’d be out there with a grenade launcher.

“People who don’t hunt don’t realize how spiritual it is to hunt with a bow. They don’t realize how close that animal has to be before you can get off a shot.

“It’s not just the killing. But I’m not going to apologize for that part. That’s part of hunting.”

Of course, some more conservative hunters grimace when Nugent shows a kill in detail on his television show or when he launches into a rant about the thrill of the kill.

“He’s a loose cannon, covering the trails with washtubs of blood,” Glenn St. Charles, founder of the national Pope & Young Bow hunting club, told Outside magazine.

David Petersen, editor of the book A Hunter’s Heart, was even more pointed.

“He’s obnoxious, brash and a bully,” Peterson told the magazine. “He embodies and magnifies aspects of hunting that the general public detests.”

But there’s little question that Nugent has a loyal following, too.

“Ted has his facts down,” said Dick Mauch, director of the Archery Manufacturers Organization. “He is very articulate and is also bold, honest, not shy or afraid to meet any challenge.”

But it’s the support that comes from unlikely sources that Nugent takes the most pride in.

“At every one of my programs, I’ll have people come up to me and say, ‘You know, I was an anti-hunter before I came in here, but you’ve changed my mind,’ ” Nugent says. “I’m (57) years old, but the young people still connect with me.

“When they see me on TV celebrating the killing of a deer, they notice. A lot of these kids hated hunting until they starting listening to me and started learning what it’s all about.”

A big part of Nugent’s message? Get high on the outdoors, not drugs or alcohol.

“Drugs are for fools,” he says. “I told (rock legends) Jimi Hendrix, Keith Moon and Jerry Garcia what was going to happen to them if they kept taking drugs. Well, look what happened.

“They took drugs, and they’re dead. I went hunting, and I’m still Ted.”

Nugent doesn’t even crack a smile when he traces his hunting roots back to the days when he was in diapers.

“Before my first birthday, my dad brought me to hunting camp in Michigan,” Nugent says. “I’m sure that somewhere between filling my diapers, I absorbed part of what was going on.

“I was destined to become a hunter.”

Today, Nugent proudly proclaims that he’s never missed an opening day of the Michigan deer season, even with his busy schedule touring.

He spends spring and summer on the road performing, making 160 tour stops. But once fall arrives, it’s time to go hunting.

Nugent exudes endless energy in both pursuits.

He is one of the legends of rock and roll, recording more than 30 albums since 1967 and selling more than 35 million copies.

His songs 'Cat Scratch Fever', 'Motor City Madhouse', 'Fred Bear' and 'Stranglehold' are legendary in the rock world.

And at age 57, he is still going strong, rocking on.

“The silence between our songs is more intense than other bands’ music,” Nugent boasts.

He is just as intense about his hunting.

His television shows “Wanted: Ted Or Alive" and “Ted Nugent: Spirit of the Wild” have found award-winning success, and he hit The New York Times best-sellers list in 2000 with his book God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll. He runs a bow-hunting school and a camp that introduces kids to hunting, and guides hunters through his Sunrize Safaris commercial operation. He is editor and publisher of an outdoors magazine, and he has his own organization of outdoors sportsmen.

Today, he and his family - his wife, Shemane, and four children - live on a ranch near Crawford, Texas. His neighbor? President George W. Bush.

That fits. Nugent is an outspoken member of the Republican Party and a big supporter of the U.S. military.

He remembers an encounter in 2000 when he and his neighbor showed their mutual respect for each other.

“It was during an inauguration party, and President Bush came up to me and said, ‘Just keep doing what you’re doing. Don’t think that we don’t know what you’re up to,’ ” Nugent said. “That was something.”

Count Andy Ross as one of many who has been affected by Nugent’s message.

Five years ago, he had never bow hunted. Then he joined some friends on a hunting trip to one of Nugent’s ranches in Michigan.

The experience, Ross says, was life-changing.

“It was the first time I had hunted with a bow, even though I had been a waterfowl hunter for years, and I really had a good time,” he says. “But just meeting and spending some time with Ted was what made it memorable.

“I was impressed with him from the start. He was the hardest-working guy in camp. He did everything from hanging the tree stands to washing the dishes.

“He didn’t want the celebrity treatment.”

Ross, who lives in Overland Park, and Nugent hit it off, and they soon began hunting together. And as they did, Ross’ interest in bow hunting soared.

Today, Ross is president and CEO of Ross Archery in Grandview, one of the industry’s top hunting-bow manufacturers. And he and his wife, Angie, travel the continent on big-game hunting trips.

They frequently appear on one of Nugent’s TV shows and plan on releasing their own show, “Maximum Archery,” early next year.

For much of that, they credit Nugent.

“Some people will say he’s too radical,” Ross says. “But I don’t see it that way.

“He isn’t afraid to speak out for hunting, and I think that’s great.”
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

ted nugent Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ted nugent   ted nugent EmptyDim 22 Oct - 23:49

TED NUGENT To Deliver A Lecture On "God, Guns And Rock 'N' Roll" In Wisconsin This Week

The following report is courtesy of Madison.com:

TED NUGENT will storm the stage at Union Theater (in Madison, WI) Wednesday (October 25th) to deliver a lecture on God, Guns And Rock 'n' Roll. Maybe he'll bring his hunting bow, which he uses to shoot at photos of Saddam Hussein.

Maybe he'll deliver a fiery message like the one he gave to last year's National Rifle Association: "I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Certainly, he'll talk about his passion for hunting. (I flipped through his cookbook, Kill It And Grill It, at this year's NRA convention in Milwaukee and thought his recipes looked great.)

Probably, he'll attract animal rights protesters.

But whatever The Nuge does on stage, Chancellor John Wiley and the rest of the UW-Madison administration ought to roll out the red carpet for Nugent's camouflaged hunting boots.

Why?

Because in order to defend speakers who bring political correctness to the campus, you've also got to welcome "political Tedness."

To read the rest of this report head to this location. http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/column/index.php?ntid=104196&ntpid=1
bru_dall

ted nugent Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ted nugent   ted nugent EmptyJeu 16 Nov - 21:39

New TED NUGENT Signature Guitar - Doubles As High-End Firearm
ted nugent 54937hy7

BW&BK has received the following press release:

Ed Roman's Quicksilver Guitars, the world's largest guitar store aqnd builder of custom guitars, has announced that the company has completed the custom design, development, and construction of a new custom guitar for world famous rocker, hunter and statesman TED NUGENT.

Ted Nugent, known for his hard hitting rock n' roll, as well as his strong support for the right to bear arms, his conservative lifestyle and love of his country is one of Ed Roman's primary influences.

“We are proud to have had the opportunity to work with Ted again and to produce this truly unique instrument and piece of rock’n’roll history,” said Ed Roman, found of Ed Roman Guitars. “Not only is this a top-of-the-line guitar, it is a precision firearm. As usual, Ted will kill audiences with his hot finger work, but now he can employ his expert marksmanship with a six string, as well.”

Ed Roman and the Luthier's at Ed Roman's guitar shop were all excited to build this guitar for Ted. They put their minds together and came up with the idea to build a magnetic quick deployment high caliber Derringer handgun into the guitar itself.

“I am so jazzed to be associated with Ed and the team at ERG,” said Nugent. “This guitar is a work of art and is absolutely magnificent. And what a concept – Ed and his team have outdone themselves once again.”

In addition, this guitar differs from most other solid electric guitars because it has a 3/4" solid slab of Alaskan Sitka Spruce for its top wood. Ted was adamant about the guitar being built using a Spruce top because he favors the tone of Spruce. He says “the tone starts with the wood.” And, as usual, Ted is right!!! Most high quality acoustic & arch-top jazz guitar tops are made from either Engel Mann or Sitka Spruce.

Ted's other design specifics included a solid black Korina back with a gorgeously figured Macassar Ebony neck. The fingerboard is made from premium Gaboon ebony found only in the deepest, darkest regions of Central Africa. The softer Korina and Spruce resonate beautifully together and the Macassar and Gaboon Ebony neck adds a sharp percussive edge to the tone.

The public will be able to view this masterpiece at the NAMM show in Anaheim on January 18 - 21, 2007. The axe will also be on display at the Cobra Derringer booth at the 2007 SHOT Show, January 11-14 at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida.

About Ed Roman Guitars: Ed Roman Guitars designs, builds and constructs the world's most beautiful and best sounding guitars on the planet. The company is located in Las Vegas, NV and is the World's largest guitar store - listing over 5,000 guitars in stock at any given time. ERG carries every major brand, as well as many you've likely never heard of. Ed Roman Guitars is also the best source for the finest Hand-Built Boutique Guitars in the universe. For more information, please visit www.edromanguitars.com or call 1-888-MAD-ROCK – 888-623-7625.
Contenu sponsorisé

ted nugent Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ted nugent   ted nugent Empty

ted nugent
Page 1 sur 1