Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Four encastrable Hisense BI64213EPB à 299,99€ ( ODR 50€)
299.99 € 549.99 €
Voir le deal

CRASH KELLY

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

CRASH KELLY Empty
MessageSujet: CRASH KELLY   CRASH KELLY EmptyLun 18 Juin - 18:04

CRASH KELLY Recording With Gilby Clarke, Rudy Sarzo And Brian Tichy

Sean Kelly, vocalist/guitarist of Toronto based CRASH KELLY, has issued the following update:

"Hey folks,

I'm back from sunny Los Angeles, after a week of whirlwind activity.

As some of you may know, I am currently playing bass with Carole Pope and Rough Trade, and my first order of business in LA with was to play the LA Pride show with Joan Jett and Berlin. Carole Pope is a true rock icon, and watching her rock the big stage was very inspiring. Joan Jett totally brought the house down, and we enjoyed a great night of rock n roll fun.

The next few days involved a great day at the beach with my good friend Chad Richardson (who let me crash at his beautiful house), followed by the trek to Studio City to commence recording the new CK album with Gilby Clarke behind the producer's chair. I was met at the hotel by my new right hand guitar man, Gene Scarpelli (son of Goddo guitarist Gino Scarpelli, and my former axe-sparring partner in Revolver).

At Gilby's recommendation, drummer Brian Tichy (Billy Idol, Pride And Glory, Foreigner, Slash's Snakepit, Ozzy, Shaw/Blades) was brought in to lay down the drums. My God, is this guy a MONSTER! He demolishes the kit, in fact, he actually broke the bass drum beater at one point. His playing on the record can only be described as a force of nature... outstanding player, and all around 'bro.'

A few weeks ago, I devoured a book called Off The Rails, authored by bass guitar god Rudy Sarzo. The book recalls the early days of Ozzy Osbourne's Blizzard Of Ozz band, specifically focusing in on one of my guitar heros, Randy Rhoads. After reading the book, I called my artist relations rep at BC Rich, and asked if he knew Rudy... a few hours later, I received a call from Mr. Sarzo, who was extremely gracious and friendly. To make a long story somewhat shorter, Rudy came down to Gilby's, and laid down some very righteous bass guitar on two tracks from the new album... watching him play in the studio, I was transported back to my youth, watching Whitesnake and Quiet Riot videos, and dreaming of meeting some of these icons... listening to Gilby and Rudy discuss the virtues of the CK tunes was very emotional, and a dream come true... thanks Rudy!

Of course, I cannot say enough about Gilby... this guy truly understands how to produce rock n' roll. He laid down some smoking guitar playing, and his arranging ideas elevated the songs to a world class level. Not to mention, he has a guitar and amp collection that I'm still drooling over! I can't wait for round two of the recording process, which will take place later this summer.

I also want to thank Gene Scarpelli, who became more than a friend on this trip... hashing out guitar parts in our hotel room over cold Budweiser and Marlboro Ultra Lights, we became brothers... this guy is one of the most inspiring guitar players I know, and his playing on the record lit a fire under me.

Finally, big props go out to Chad Richardson, the first person I ever toured Canada with. We recorded an album together under his name for Aquarius records in 1997, and we have been great friends ever since. Chad is one of the most gifted singers I know (he was a star of the Broadway musical RENT), and his background vocal performance on the recordings we made is amazing.

The machine is now well in motion... can't wait to feed you the next update!

God Bless,
Sean"
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

CRASH KELLY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: CRASH KELLY   CRASH KELLY EmptyLun 9 Juil - 19:11

CRASH KELLY - Live Dates/MÖTLEY CRÜE Tribute

CRASH KELLY's Sean Kelly has issued the following update:

"Hey gang,

Summer's here and the time is right for taking a break from working on the new CK record and playing some live dates!

CK will be participating in the THIN LIZZY Tribute Concert taking place at Healey's (in Toronto) on Saturday, July 21st... get there early, we are kicking off the festivities at 9pm!

Also, we have been invited to be one of the headliners at the Metal Queen Music Festival taking place Sunday, August 19th at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto! It is an all day, festival style affair with music from noon 'til midnight.

Finally, you can hear our version of MÖTLEY CRÜE's 'On With The Show' on Too Fast For Love, a tribute to the Crüe put out by US label Versailles Records... CK is on there with people like John Corabi (Mötley Crüe '94), Phil Lewis (L.A. GUNS), Frankie Banali (QUIET RIOT) and a bunch of other hard rock luminaries. Drop me a line (via MySpace) to pick up a copy, or go on over to the RCD Music Store to pick one up.

More updates soon... God Bless!

Sean"
bru_dall

CRASH KELLY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: CRASH KELLY   CRASH KELLY EmptyDim 26 Aoû - 16:29

CRASH KELLY - Sean Kelly Endorsed By Rockfield Pickups

CRASH KELLY 72525

CRASH KELLY vocalist/guitarist Sean Kelly has issued the following update:

"I'm very pleased to announce that I am now officially endorsed by Rockfield Pickups out of Clearwater, Florida. Click the link and check me out on the artist page.

These pickups really scream, and in combination with my BC Rich guitars and my Kustom amps, all I have to do is hit the right notes once in a while!

The pickups came stock with my BC Rich Mockingbird, and I totally fell in love with the tone.

I will have some cool official CK release announcements coming down the pipe very soon... a little rock n roll magic to tide y'all over until the new CK album comes out in 2008!"
bru_dall

CRASH KELLY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: CRASH KELLY   CRASH KELLY EmptyDim 30 Sep - 15:07

CRASH KELLY - Love You Electric Cover Art, Tracklisting And Release Date Revealed

CRASH KELLY T74717 CRASH KELLY will release Love You Electric in Europe on November 9th through Bad Reputation.

The album is a combination of tracks from Electric Satisfaction and Penny Pills, as well as some previously unavailable bonus tracks. The album was personally put together by label head Eric Coubard specifically for the European market.

Love You Electric contains the following 16 songs:
'Cut On Your Tongue',
'Ride The Wire',
'Turn It Around',
'Cracked & Faded',
'Count On Me, Count On You',
'She Gets Away',
'Love Me Electric',
'She Put The Shock (In My Rock And Roll)',
'Hang Out Where You Matter',
'Rock N Roll Disasters (On The Radio)',
'You Don't Know',
'Roxy Roller',
'11 Cigarettes',
'ELO Kiddies',
'Cold Ethyl',
'Waiting For An Alibi'.

Crash Kelly is currently hard at work on their brand new record with studio time booked for October. An early 2008 release date is expected.

Contenu sponsorisé

CRASH KELLY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: CRASH KELLY   CRASH KELLY Empty

CRASH KELLY
Page 1 sur 1