Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Oceanic – Climatiseur monobloc réversible ...
Voir le deal
254.99 €

BRET MICHAELS (poison)

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

BRET MICHAELS (poison) Empty
MessageSujet: BRET MICHAELS (poison)   BRET MICHAELS (poison) EmptyJeu 10 Aoû - 23:40

POISON's Bret Michaels: "Looking Back At A Few Photos Brings Me To My Knees In Laughter"
Press Of Atlantic City ( www.pressofatlanticcity.com ) has issued the following report from Scott Cronick:

POISON lead singer Bret Michaels remembers Wildwood long before he was a rock star.

“We would vacation there, right off the Boardwalk every year when I was a kid,” says the Pennsylvania native, who celebrates 20 years with his band that's currently on the road touring with CINDERELLA. The band comes to the Wildwood Convention Center Sunday, August 6th.

“I remember all of the families pitching in money to get one hotel room. We had like 94 people in one room. I can't wait to ride the go karts under the Boardwalk. They're still they're right? And I gotta ride the Tram Car.”

There are still go karts under the Boardwalk, and the Tram Car is as popular as ever. And by the sales of the band's current tour, so is Poison. The ‘80s band that created hits like 'Talk Dirty To Me', 'Every Rose Has It's Thorn', 'Unskinny Bop', 'I Won't Forget You', 'Nothin'But A Good Time' and 'Something To Believe In' sold more albums than anyone in the ‘80s except BON JOVI and DEF LEPPARD.

Despite feuds fueled by drugs and alcohol - particularly guitarist C.C. Deville's addictions - the original four members, including bassist Bobby Dall and drummer Rikki Rockett, are still together. And Michaels says the band has never been better.

Q: Did you ever think the band would make 20 years?

A: "That was always the dream. But when you live it on a daily basis and have someone like C.C., you realize it's tough to keep it together and often ask, 'Is this going to work?' But now, looking back, I was at as much fault as he was. But somehow, our chemistry together makes it all work. So I am very thankful to be doing this for so long. I think this is the best show we've ever done. Production wise, it's second to none. And we're all sober and more mature and enjoying the hell out of it."

Q: Your last album, Hollyweird, was quite good. Is it frustrating that you can put out a quality album but nearly impossible to attract the masses and get radio play?

A: "We have always been our own independent band distributed through a major label. But today, as much as you put your heart and soul into it, you are not going to get played unless you're a pop throwaway. Luckily, rock has the most loyal fans in the world, but unfortunately gets the least amount of exposure. If you make it top a Top 40 station, they play it once every two hours. If you make it as the top song on a rock station, they play it maybe twice a day. I don't get bummed out. I get excited that we can still go in and make a good record. Now, I want to go back and make a great record."

Q: Greatest memory?

A: "My best memory ever is Texas Stadium 1987 opening for AEROSMITH to shoot the 'I Won't Forget You' video. A year before, I was moving pool tables out of the way to play at the Ritz Country Club. If you see the video, you see two of my idols - (KISS') PAUL STANELY on my left and (AEROSMITH's) Steven Tyler on my right - and they are giving me advice. I couldn't breathe, partly because there are two of my idols standing on each side of me, and the other part knowing 83,000 people were out there and we had to film this thing. I almost threw up. But after, we had the biggest party backstage. There weren't enough strippers in Texas to fill this place. There were all of these girls that were topless and we all went crazy. But here's what leveled me out: After the greatest night of my life, we got on the tour bus and made it to Carl's Corner, Texas, not even a couple hours outside where we played. And we walked into this place, and there wasn't one person who knew us or gave a damn about us. And that made me realize to never let my head get too big because it can all come crashing down as fast as you built it up."

Q: Worst memory?

A: "It was absolutely the fist fight with C.C. backstage at the MTV Music Awards. It was the night he walked out of the band. It was a dragged-out, tooth-loosening, nose-breaking brawl. It was bad. He told me he would never talk to me again. At first, I was mad. But then when I got thinking, I realized he was my best friend and we would get back together. But that didn't happen for a while. It was a tough day."

Q: Did you watch C.C. on The Surreal Life?

A: "He is a good dude. He's really a great guy, and I knew that person existed underneath all of the cocaine and alcohol. When I saw him clean and sober on Surreal Life, and this may sound crazy, but it's almost the first time I really got to see him and learned a lot about him. I was proud of him. When we first got together for this tour, we got in the car and drove and he said, 'I am sorry for nearly 22 or 23 years of insanity.' And I said the same thing. We're the closest friends now than we've ever been. He's still nuts, but I like him much better sober. He's a great guitar player who may be playing better on this tour than any other tour we did. For a while we even had to take his mic away. That's back now, and he has a really great voice."

Q: What is your reaction to some of your past photos?

A: "I was living in the moment, which was a very glam era, and I loved it. I knew some of it was ridiculous, but we enjoyed having big rock shows like we did. Looking back at a few photos brings me to my knees in laughter, but overall, I thought it was awesome."
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: BRET MICHAELS (poison)   BRET MICHAELS (poison) EmptyMer 16 Aoû - 0:22

POISON's Bret Michaels: "I'm A Private Person Off The Road"
BRET MICHAELS (poison) T49314gq0

Charlotte Observer ( www.charlotte.com ) has issued the following report from Courtney Devores:

It's been 20 years since Bret Michaels and his cohorts in glam-metal hair band POISON stormed the charts with party anthems such as 'I Want Action', 'Talk Dirty To Me' and 'Nothin' But A Good Time'. Not to mention the group's countrified power ballads.

To celebrate, 43-year-old Michaels, guitarist and reality show star C.C. DeVille, bassist Bobby Dall and drummer Rikki Rockett released a 20-year anthology and remastered versions of their hit '80s and '90s discs and hit the road. Their tour, with blues-based '80s rockers CINDERELLA, brings them to Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre on Wednesday.

Before the tour kicked off this summer, Michaels spoke to the Observer about their 20th anniversary and his work outside of Poison.

Q. Do you still hang out with the other band members when you're not touring?

A: "Bobby and I speak quite a bit. Rikki and I ride motorcycles. I've got a 10-acre ranch. I've got two daughters now. I love hanging with them. I'm a private person off the road."

Check out the full article here. http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/living/health/15275643.htm
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: BRET MICHAELS (poison)   BRET MICHAELS (poison) EmptyVen 1 Sep - 1:26

BRET MICHAELS Out Of POISON?
BRET MICHAELS (poison) 50248ab6

Metal Sludge ( www.metalsludge.tv ) has issued the following report:

Well the rumors have been hot n' heavy related to the big blow-up in Atlanta last week with POISON. In case you've been hiding under a hat and 2 bandanas lately (or for most of your adult life) go read the past reports here!

The internet has been a buzzing, along with cell phones going into, and calls coming out of the Poison camp. After the "mic toss and bass fling" on stage, the word was that Bret might not make the next few shows for possible medical reasons. Or a case of the "Fuck You, I'm not playing with you dicks anymore" lead singers disease. This same disease has affected the VAN HALEN camp, MÖTLEY CRÜE, SKID ROW, RATT, WARRANT, and a half billion other bands. So, why not Poison? Let's get a scab and carry onward. That is exactly and of course "allegedly" what was decided by the other 3 members of Poison shortly after the blow up.

It's also rumored that money was offered to members of the Poison staff to find that guy, and whoever did - would be rewarded with cash! So, evreyone who ever tuned a guitar or carried a bag for Bobby, Rikki and CC started calling every Los Angeles loser with a headband and some attitude. Phones were allegedly ringing in California well into the early Saturday morning hours and e-mails even included set lists.

It's been reported through Poison "insiders" that Johnny Solinger of Skid Row was in fact brought into Memphis as a stand-by replacement for Bret Michaels. The "source" reported that Rachel Bolan (Skid Row bassist) was in Atlanta during the ordeal, and when the shit hit the fan - he offered his "Sebastian" stand-in, to be "Bret's" stand-in. There are bits of information that put Johnny at the Peabody Motel in Memphis on Saturday August 26th, and also "alleged" sightings at the Memphis airport on Sunday the 27th.

Why Solinger you ask? Well reports are that the other "candidates" were all sitting in either California or Nevada, and Johnny was an hour away by plane from Memphis in Texas. Much closer then a 4 hour flight from the city of broken dreams and broker rock stars. The list of hopefuls from the "rumor mill" included Mark Slaughter of SLAUGHTER, Mr. Sludge himself Stevie Rachelle of TUFF (talk about irony), Ralph Saenz of METAL SKOOL and the Van Halen tribute ATOMIC PUNKS (and ex-LA GUNS), and Jizzy "Just don't let Blotzer hear about this or he's gonna lose it" Pearl of Ratt and LOVE/HATE (formerly of LA Guns & ADLERS APPETITE).

The short list even included a few nearly no names. We even heard the name Jett Michaels of the Poison tribute band TALK DIRTY TO ME was mentioned. No that was not a typo, his name is Jett Michaels and his nickname is BabyBret.

Not sure where all this goes next. The Poison tour in the U.S. has officially ended as of Tuesday night in Minnesota. The band has 2 gigs out of the Country and maybe an extended break will help heal the wounds, even though the scar remains!
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: BRET MICHAELS (poison)   BRET MICHAELS (poison) EmptyDim 19 Nov - 17:00

BRET MICHAELS Performance On NFL Films' Steelers Nation To Air Saturday; Tour Schedule Updated

BRET MICHAELS (poison) T55139 POISON frontman BRET MICHAELS' website has been updated with the following:

"12:30 PM (EST) on Saturday, November 18th, tune into the NFL Network for NFL Films Presents: Steelers Nation. This aired on ESPN earlier this week and features Bret performing in Pittsburgh as well as talking about his hometown team - The Pittsburgh Steelers."

In other news, Bret's solo tour schedule has been updated. Upcoming dates now include:

November
17 - Stratford Bar - St. Louis, MI
18 - Mac Daddy's - Somerset, WI
19 - Buster's - Mankato, MN
20 - Wood Hollow Loft - Schereville, IN
21 - Oxygen's - Evansville, IN
22 - Days Inn Conference Center - Butler, PA
23 - Whiskey Dick's - Columbus, OH
24 - Whiskey Dick's - Cincinnatti, OH
25 - Phoenix Hill Tavern - Louisville, KY
29 - House Of Rock - Baltimore / White Marsh, MD
30 - The Pickle Barrell - Killington, VT

December
1 - Barcode - Kent, Ohio
2 - Goodfella's - Pottsville, PA
3 - Greene Street - Greensboro, NC
4 - The Up Front & Company Music Venue - Marquette, MI
5 - The Broken Axe - Moorhead, MI
6 - Torge's - Austin, MI
7 - Lava Lounge - Souix Falls, SD
8 - Elixur - Rockford, IL
9 - Austin Saloon - Libertyville, IL
10 - Renegade's Bar and Grill - Burnsville, MN
11 - Icehouse - Betonville, AK
12 - Revolution Music Room - Little Rock, AK
13 - Red Eyed Fly - Austin, TX
14 - Executive Surf Club - Corpus Christi, TX
15 - El Dorado - Beaumont, TX
16 - York's Bar & Music Venue - Amarillo, TX
17 - Jack's Patio Bar - San Antonio, TX
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: BRET MICHAELS (poison)   BRET MICHAELS (poison) EmptyMer 7 Fév - 22:32

BRET MICHAELS - 'Go That Far' Audio Sample From Upcoming Solo Release Available

The following message has been posted at POISON frontman BRET MICHAELS' website:

"A new sample of music from Bret's upcoming solo album has just been added to the main page of the website and to Bret's MySpace page. Please be sure to stop by and check it out."

The above mentioned track, entitled 'Go That Far', will be included on Michaels' upcoming solo release. He is currently in the studio recording the effort.

More details to follow.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: BRET MICHAELS (poison)   BRET MICHAELS (poison) EmptyMer 14 Fév - 13:13

BRET MICHAELS - 'Go That Far' Video Now Streaming

BRET MICHAELS (poison) T60252 POISON frontman BRET MICHAELS has uploaded the brand new video for his solo song, 'Go That Far', to his MySpace page.

The song 'Go That Far', will be included on Michaels' forthcoming solo release, which he is currently in the studio recording.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: BRET MICHAELS (poison)   BRET MICHAELS (poison) EmptyJeu 26 Avr - 19:19

BRET MICHAELS - The Mancow Show Appearance Scheduled For Tomorrow; Rock Of Love To Premier In July

POISON frontman BRET MICHAELS's website has been updated with the following:

"Rock Of Love with Bret Michaels premiers on VH1 in July. Do not miss this exciting show where 25 women vie to be Bret’s one and only. Tune in to see who can hang and who can’t. What happens to those who fail the challenge and who will survive? More info here.

Bret will be on The Mancow Show this coming Friday, April 27th. Be sure to tune in to hear all the latest news direct from Bret. To find Mancow in your area please visit www.mancow.com

There are several Bret Michaels solo dates coming up. Be sure to check out Bret and his band in:

Bentonville, Arkansas on May 3rd at The Icehouse. On May 4th you can find Bret performing at the legendary Toad Suck Daze festival in Conway, Arkansas, and on June 8th be sure to check out the last Bret Michaels solo performance prior to the Poison tour at the world famous Taste Of Summer Festival in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Click here to get your tickets.

To hear samples of new Bret Michaels solo music check out Bret’s MySpace page at www.myspace.com/bretmichaels
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: BRET MICHAELS (poison)   BRET MICHAELS (poison) Empty

BRET MICHAELS (poison)
Page 1 sur 1