Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -11%
Smartphone 6.36 ” Xiaomi 14 (12 Go / 256 Go
Voir le deal
641 €

Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival.

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival. Empty
MessageSujet: Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival.   Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival. EmptyMer 18 Juil - 23:56

18/8 England; Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival.

Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival. Thunderground%2001
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival. Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival.   Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival. EmptyJeu 9 Aoû - 17:27

C'est melodic rock qui annonce cela aujourd'hui, avec un petit édito pour déplorer le manque d'assiduité des fans aux concerts, et même leur CD compil melodic rock suscite peu d'intérêt, tant et si bien que le journaliste laisse à penser que cette édition n° 4 pourrait être la dernière :

HUNDERGROUND FESTIVAL CANCELLED & THE FUTURE OF THIS SCENE:
This message come to me today from Thundeground Festival organiser Daren Salter -

"Hi all, It hurts me to say this but due to matters beyond my control and the total lack of support this show has received from the so-called fans; Thunderground is no more.
We left it as long as we could to allow for the late starters to buy their tickets but sadly this has not been the case.
Full refunds will be given to the fantastic people that supported this event and help with travel insurance and flight refunds will be freely given if people had booked flights and now need to cancel.
On a personal note; I'm totally done with this scene; after getting a line-up like this together and literally hemorrhaging money in order to bring this kind of show to the UK shores I am disgusted at the lukewarm response these bands have received. This was a once in a lifetime DREAM line-up.
My thanks go out to ARFM and AOR Heaven who helped out way beyond the call of duty – I will be forever in your debt.
Again, my sincere apologies go out to those that supported this event. I also hope this serves as a wake up call to those that think these shows will always be around. Please go buy tickets to either Firefest or MelodicRockFest if you haven't done so already. Support those shows.
Good luck to everyone. Regards, Daren."

Personally I am really disappointed to hear this. I'm disappointed for these great bands that live for opportunities like this festival. I'm disappointed for the punters that got off their asses and supported the show and I'm disappointed for Daren, who felt he could put together a killer show, but instead had to fight the typical apathy that I think is prevalent in the melodic rock scene at present.
I was voicing similar concern just last week on the Noticeboard, before I even heard this latest update. There just seems to be a real lack of passion out there within some sections of the melodic rock fan base. People just are not supporting these kind of events in the kind of numbers needed and expected to keep them afloat. And it is not just limited to live shows. CD sales are also way down - I have spoken to two major online retailers in the past week and both say the summer period has been horrendous.
There are a good number of people that do support this scene and appreciation for that is never understated by me or anyone else involved in this business. Those people that do support things by purchasing CDs and going to live shows should all be applauded. But the fact is that we need more good people like that!

I am about to start pre-sales right here for MelodicRock.com CD Volume 4. Talks with retailers about stocking this release (as has been done for the 3 volumes previously) has resulted in pre-orders of just one third the amount of previous volumes. Bottom line - if readers don't pre-order/purchase this CD (supporting both this site and the artists featured), then it will be the last one.

All I can say is support this scene or it won't be worth anything. If you don't buy the latest releases from your favourite bands, there won't be too many more to follow. If you don't support the live shows that still come your way...then there sure as hell won't be any more of those either.
Right now you have MelodicRockFest to support in the USA, Firefest IV in the UK and United Forces Of Rock in Germany. Over to you...

A mega-news update will follow later on tonight as I begin to catch up with the week's news. I just wanted to get this news front and center first up.

http://www.thundergroundfestival.com/

Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival. Thunderground%2001
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Nottingham Rock City. Thunderground Festival.
Page 1 sur 1