Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Retour en stock du coffret Pokémon ...
Voir le deal

JETBOY

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: JETBOY   JETBOY EmptyJeu 25 Oct - 19:50

JETBOY Img_1192357440_914

Le groupe JETBOY va sortir un CD/DVD le 20 novembre prochain, intitulé 'The Glam Years Movie and CD'. Cette anthologie regroupera sur le CD des demos et 2 titres inédits du groupe, et sur le DVD un show enregistré en 1986 au Whisky A Go-Go !
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JETBOY   JETBOY EmptyMar 6 Nov - 1:45

JETBOY - The Glam Years Movie And CD Due This Month
JETBOY 76997

San Francisco rockers JETBOY are releasing The Glam Years Movie And CD on November 27th via Conveyor Canada/MVD/Universal Music. The DVD/CD package features footage of a 1986 show at the Whisky A Go-Go, a slide show photo movie through the years, interviews with each member from 2007, 21 tracks of old demos and more.

Tracklisting -

DVD (110 mins):
'Car Sex',
'Rockin' and Reelin' Quick Draw',
'Shout It Out',
'Cut Me Down',
'Bad Disease',
'In The Alley',
'Little Teaser',
'Don't Mess With My Hair',
'(If You Don't Want To F*ck Me, Baby) F*CK OFF!!'.

Bonus Materials:
Interviews and footage from the re-recording of 'Feel the Shake', Slide Show Photo Movie

CD:
'Little Teaser',
'In the Alley',
'Don't Mess With My Hair',
'Car Sex',
'On the Lips',
'Fire In My Heart',
'Bad Disease',
'Quick Draw',
'Losin' Streak',
'Cut Me Down',
'Feel The Shake 1987',
'White Rock Devil',
'High Gear',
'Bullfrog Pond',
'Moonlight',
'Groove Tube',
'Crank It Up',
'Slowgrind',
'Folsom Prison Blues',
'Feel The Shake 2007'.

'Bonus Track:
'In The Alley'.
bru_dall

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JETBOY   JETBOY EmptyMar 6 Nov - 1:47

bru_dall

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JETBOY   JETBOY EmptyDim 25 Nov - 22:47

JETBOY Guitarist Billy Rowe - "When I Read (SLASH's) Book…There’s A Lot Of Stuff That Isn’t True"

JETBOY T78300 The following story is courtesy of Bringbackglam.com:

After two decades of on again, off again shows, San Francisco rockers JETBOY are back with The Glam Years CD and DVD package. Lead guitarist Billy Rowe has kept busy with AMERICAN HEARTBREAK, but he's glad to be back on the road with Jetboy for a holiday tour with RATT frontman Stephen Pearcy. Recently, Billy chatted with Bring Back Glam! about the Glam Years, the death of bassist Todd Crew and his relationship with GUNS N' ROSES. A few excerpts follow:

Bring Back Glam!: How did your recent tour come about?
Billy Rowe: "It’s because of our new DVD (The Glam Years). That DVD has been in the works for almost a year and once we got the ball rolling, our commitment was to get out and there start playing. Stephen’s (Pearcy, RATT) manager is a good friend of mine, he actually managed American Heartbreak for awhile, and that helped him out…land the Percy thing. When I said we wanted to do some dates, I asked him if Pearcy would be interested since he was always a fan of the band (Jetboy). He was all for it, and it just kind of came together."

Bring Back Glam!: Do you know that Jetboy is mentioned several times in the new Slash autobiography? It seems like Slash was a big fan.
Billy Rowe: "Yeah. It’s really interesting. Fern read the whole thing on the way to Vegas and back. It so personal because Todd (Crew - bass) died and was fired from the band due to substance abuse, mainly alcohol. We tried to get our manager and the band…we were buddies, two bands connected at the hip. Actually, Fernie (Rod - guitar) and I knew Axl (Rose) and Izzy (Stradlin) before Guns N’ Roses even formed and then once we got our bands going…well, Hollywood Rose was hanging on by a thread. Axl was like 'Dude, I got a new band, let’s start doing shows together.' Me and Izzy were pretty tight…it’s kind of funny. We were the two that introduced Todd to Guns N’ Roses and got that whole connection going. You know, Todd ended up just looking at different things… a lot of partying. When Todd joined Jetboy, he wasn’t that much of a partier. It got to the point where we went to Guns N’ Roses and said 'Todd is going to die. He’s bad off, you need to something.' They were like 'Todd’s fine. We all party. You guys are tripping.' We didn’t know what to do. We were meeting with labels, our producer was making comments that he was cheating the band…we were a team. It was a hard decision – and to this day I don’t know if it was the right decision – but from that day on, the two of us - Jetboy and Guns N’ Roses - were at war. Six months later, Todd was dead. Todd’s family went after Slash. They hired a private investigator and all this stuff. Guns N’ Roses started badmouthing us all the way to the top. They became the biggest band in the world. A year later, they fired Steven Adler for the same reason. Is it the pot calling the kettle black? I say yes all the way around. It’s very personal. I think they have guilt. They know we went to them. He was only 20 years old. He was doing too much and he died. It’s a shame. When I read the book…there’s a lot of stuff that isn’t true. It bothers me. Slash wants the last laugh."

Bring Back Glam!: Were you surprised Jetboy didn’t get huge?
Billy Rowe: "Um, you know it’s not that I’m not surprised…I don’t know what the word is. We went through so much crap politically with the label (Elektra) and I think people are starting to see that now. Our album was supposed to come out two months after Appetite For Destruction. Part of me does believe that if our record had come out at that time, things would have been different. I don’t know how different, but it could have been a good chance that Appetite wasn’t what it became. I don’t know. I’ll never know. Even in Billboard, when (Feel The Shake) came out a year later – after we’d been dropped by Elektra and picked up by MCA – that magazine said the album was going to be the most important release since Hysteria (DEF LEPPARD) and Appetite For Destruction. I think the timing sucked and we paid for it – I don’t know if it was bad karma letting go of Todd or if it was the way the planets were aligned for our time in our careers. I really have no idea."

Read more here.
bru_dall

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JETBOY   JETBOY EmptyMar 8 Juil - 0:45

Les dates et quelques titres en écoute sur leur space :

http://www.myspace.com/jetboyrocks

Press Release / Returning from a 20 year self imposed exile, Jetboy has reemerged sporting a blend of passion and edginess that the music industry desperately needs. To that end, Jetboy is preparing to embark on “The Glam Years” tour which began June 27 in Sunnyvale, California.
Having endured not only personal tragedy with the death of their bass player Todd Crew, the band was derailed at the peak of their success by a massive reorganization at Elektra Records. The members of Jetboy, sporting a renewed enthusiasm, are embarking on a mission dedicated to completing the journey that the four original members started those many years ago.
In an industry where bands fight to stay relevant, Jetboy is doing it with relative ease. With the release of their recent remake of the Johnny Cash hit Folsom Prison Blues, Jetboy has produced a bona fide winner that is appealing to not only their original fan base, but a younger alternative audience that has embraced the band as one of their own.
Long recognized as one of the premier acts of the 1980's, that legacy continues today with the recent release of The Glam Years Movie and CD. The compilation features a 1986 performance at the Whiskey A Go-Go, interviews as well as a 21 track audio CD.
Jetboy is represented by agent Richard Riis from RnR Management. For more information on Jetboy, please visit www.jetboyrocks.com or www.myspace.com/jetboyrocks . For additional information on Rocklahoma, please visit www.feverfest.com.
Contenu sponsorisé

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JETBOY   JETBOY Empty

JETBOY
Page 1 sur 1