Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-11%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Smartphone 6.36 ” Xiaomi 14 (12 Go / 256 Go
641 € 719 €
Voir le deal

JETBOY

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: JETBOY   JETBOY EmptyJeu 30 Oct - 23:48

JETBOY Partners With trueAnthem and OCC To Offer Free Music

JETBOY T99790 BW&BK has received the following press release:

Legendary glam-punk rockers JETBOY are pleased to announce that the band has formed a strategic alliance with trueAnthem in an effort to shift the paradigm of music distribution. The new format offered by trueAnthem allows for totally free access to artist's music for download, thus decriminalizing the practice of file sharing.

“We make our music for the fans, that’s the bottom-line” says Billy Rowe, Jetboy guitarist. “Jetboy has been searching for a way to introduce people to our music in a cost effective way, and with trueAnthem, we’ve found the perfect vehicle”.

trueAnthem couples corporate sponsors with musical acts in an effort to bring the downloads to fans at no charge. Ten Jetboy songs, including hits like 'Feel The Shake', 'Evil' and 'Stomp It Down To The Bricks' appear on the trueAnthem website courtesy of Orange County Choppers.

Based in San Francisco, Calif., trueAnthem is a unique, advertising supported, online music distribution, promotion and marketing company. As a music label for the modern ages, trueAnthem provides online and offline services to promote independent and undiscovered talent. The company’s success strategy leverages the viral nature of information distribution on the Internet to become a leader in the new world of music.

The members of Jetboy believe that a new distribution model is necessary for the music business as we know it to survive. “trueAnthem provides the perfect vehicle for bringing the music to our fans. History tells us that when people like what they hear, they’ll look for avenues to purchase the full albums, and better yet, come to see us play live” said Rowe. “It’s time for this industry to get back to what music is all about, making listeners feel good”.

Visit www.jetboyrocks.com for additional information.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JETBOY   JETBOY EmptyJeu 30 Oct - 23:49

JETBOY 99790
bru_dall

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JETBOY   JETBOY EmptySam 29 Nov - 13:56

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We thought we'd give you a little more insight into the most recent addition to the Jetboy family, our new drummer Doug! He wanted to share a few words with you guys, so here it goes...

What's happenin'?

So five years into my death metal band (making this 1985), an old friend from high school, Jenny, ask me if I'd like to check out her friends "glam" rock band - Jetboy. Glam? I mean, I'm all into David Bowie and all, but dudes with make-up? Needless to say, I went. As I walked into the Rock On Broadway back in 1985 the first thing I noticed was the crowd. It was packed with girls AND guys. I remember thinking – in between staring at Mick's blue Mohawk, Billy & Fern's massive hair, and Todd's face which I couldn't see (hair again) was that, they had some pretty fuckin' catchy songs. I was thinkin', hmmm maybe I should re-think my musical direction because I was sold!

After starting up a friendship with Mick 23 years ago we lost touch through the next 2 decades. But being a fan and supporter of the SF scene I did buy a ticket to see Jetboy at the Oakland Stadium, opening for Motley Crue, Whitesnake & Poison. I still remember walking through the parking lot with a bottle of Jim Beam and slightly jealous only to find out they had already played – minus Billy, due to a car accident. But being the fan I was - I sold my ticket in the parking lot and left within the next 5 minutes.

So 15 bands later, with locals like Danny West of Vain, Ron Yocom of The Seahags, Texacala Jones of Tex & The Horseheads, etc., 2 major label blown record deals, and 31 years worth of dreams – I myspace Billy 1 week after returning to the bay area. I asked if he was interested in forming a new band ( even though we hadn't spoken in over 20 years)….2 weeks later - I'm asked to join his cover band AND 2 months later I'm asked to join Jetboy!

So my life has come full circle back to where it all began and where I came from, with 4 other cool dudes with the same drive. It can be summed up in 2 words = FUCK yeah!

Doug
Contenu sponsorisé

JETBOY Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JETBOY   JETBOY Empty

JETBOY
Page 1 sur 1