Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-11%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Smartphone 6.36 ” Xiaomi 14 (12 Go / 256 Go
641 € 719 €
Voir le deal

TWISTED SISTER Frontman DEE SNIDER - "People Want The M

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

TWISTED SISTER Frontman DEE SNIDER - "People Want The M Empty
MessageSujet: TWISTED SISTER Frontman DEE SNIDER - "People Want The M   TWISTED SISTER Frontman DEE SNIDER - "People Want The M EmptyLun 19 Nov - 15:43

TWISTED SISTER Frontman DEE SNIDER - "People Want The Memory, And The Young Fans Wanna See What Their Mums And Dads Told Them About"

TWISTED SISTER Frontman DEE SNIDER - "People Want The M 77902

Komodo Rock's Krissy Elliott caught up with TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider at this year's Hard Rock Hell, which took place in Minehead, UK from November 9th -11th:

KE: What's great is that you have used what you have learned over the years and have explored all areas of your creativity instead of just being in a band and being a rock star. There are people here this weekend flogging their bands to death, and that's all they're doing.

DS: "I think its sad. They're like, 'Hey! We're.....” (thinks for a minute and I suspect selects carefully), 'erm, DOKKEN for the 2000s!'And to me it's like, does anybody really care? Yeah it's an oldies band, its retro, its classic, and people come to these shows, but we don't kid ourselves, they're not viewing us as a new band. Y'see, the good thing about being drug and alcohol free always, I REMEMBER. I remember going to oldies concerts when I was in high school and seeing 50's rock bands! And screaming my head off! But, I didn't follow the band around , I was 17 years old and they were in their 40's, they were up there singing and it was fun! I bought a greatest hits FOUR SEASONS album once and I liked listening to it, but like now you can't expect the old fans who are mums and dads to put on the denim and start following the band around again."

KE: That's true, I try my best, but it's pretty tough.

DS: "Yeah, and you're in the business so it's even harder for the others. The average fan, they just wanna see it one more time. So Twisted Sisier, we're giving that to them. That's why we put on the make-up, put on the costume, let the hair grow."

KE: So its just for fun now? And for the fans?

DS: "Yeah, well that's what they wanna see. They don't wanna see Dee Snider with baggy pants, wallet chain and baseball cap on backwards, they wanna see Twisted Sister as they remember them."

KE: And I thought that's what you were gonna go for, a new image!

DS (chuckling): "No. I see a lots of bands up there and they are just disappointing the fans. People want the memory, and the young fans wanna see what they heard, what their mums and dads told them about. We don't want to disappoint them. My biggest fear is that we overstay our welcome and end up out of shape, not being able to give people at least a fair representation of what we were. There comes a point where you should get off the stage and make room for the other bands, man!"

Go to this location for the complete interview.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

TWISTED SISTER Frontman DEE SNIDER - "People Want The M
Page 1 sur 1