Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Sortie PlayStation 5 Pro : où ...
Voir le deal

OVERKILL Frontman BLITZ -

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

OVERKILL Frontman BLITZ - Empty
MessageSujet: OVERKILL Frontman BLITZ -   OVERKILL Frontman BLITZ - EmptyMer 21 Nov - 14:05

OVERKILL Frontman BLITZ - "The Idea Behind Immortalis Was About A Collective Group Effort"

OVERKILL Frontman BLITZ - T78058 www.SavioursOfRock.com recently caught up with OVERKILL frontman Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth to dissuss the band's new album, Immortalis. The following is an excerpt from th einterview:

Q: Would you say that Immortalis recaptures that old school historical Moment in Overkill's career again?

Blitz: "To some degree. I think one of the unique things about this band regardless of its roots, which is always evident when you press play. We are also to some degree contemporary and evolutionary. We move in the direction, the steps are not huge, where they are unrecognizable, but I think that we do have let's say contemporary value with old school principals. So, I think both shine through on this record. Which is kind of a unique way of looking through the whole picture. I think that is what makes Overkill, Overkill with regard to what we try to portray."

Q: Was it difficult to write this album? I mean, Overkill has been around for over 20 years. Where did your inspiration come from on Immortalis?

Blitz: "You know, it's not. I think when you find something that you love to do it is not hard to write. I think it is more of a matter of trying not to repeat yourself and still keeping your root that may be the hardest thing. It is not really talked about or even thought about in the process of mixing the record. Because if it raises an eyebrow, if it brings a smile to a face, then we know we are on to something good because it is coming in through the ears and the reaction therefore is physical by saying 'Ok, that put a smile to my face.' From my end to it, I just have to make sure that I don't want to be repetitive, but at the same time, I want to keep the same style that is attached to it. So that becomes maybe the hardest part of my end of writing a record. But, usually I don't think it is. D.D. has a certain style that is rooted in our roots, but at the same time is very up on very contemporary stuff with large production with regard to certain parts and writing. So, I think he is the perfect combination of let's say what was and what is."

Q: Would you say Immortalis defines the longevity of the band

Blitz: "I don't think so. The idea behind Immortalis was about a collective group effort. This has always been a band that is very reachable; we realize that we don't do this by ourselves. We realized this a long ago. This has a lot more to do with those that support us and the immortality is not a self-proclaimed thing. It is more about how this works and its value are high based on how much support this gets. So the immortality is really given by those who support it for this amount of time. So it is really more about us collectively, that means those who support the band and the band themselves. Anybody who knows us, knows that is always the direction we think regardless that there is strength in this or certain amount of immortality that again as a collective group type effort not just a band effort."

Go to this location for the in-depth interview.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

OVERKILL Frontman BLITZ -
Page 1 sur 1