Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -35%
Pack Smartphone Samsung Galaxy A25 6,5″ 5G + ...
Voir le deal
241 €

ACE FREHLEY - Rarities 2000 Interview

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

ACE FREHLEY - Rarities  2000 Interview Empty
MessageSujet: ACE FREHLEY - Rarities 2000 Interview   ACE FREHLEY - Rarities  2000 Interview EmptyMer 12 Déc - 19:44

ACE FREHLEY - Rare 2000 Interview Now Available

ACE FREHLEY - Rarities  2000 Interview T79333 A rare interview with guitar hero ACE FREHLEY, recorded in August 2000 in Ames, Iowa during KISS' "Farewell Tour" is now available online. Check it out at this location.
(Thanks: www.KISSNews.de)

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

ACE FREHLEY - Rarities  2000 Interview Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ACE FREHLEY - Rarities 2000 Interview   ACE FREHLEY - Rarities  2000 Interview EmptyDim 10 Fév - 12:40

ACE FREHLEY Interview Part II – "I Listen To What The Kids Say And What They Really Want Me To Play; Heavier Stuff, And Do Wild Stuff"

ACE FREHLEY - Rarities  2000 Interview T83074 Special report by Martin Popoff

BW&BK got the scoop recently on guitar legend ACE FREHLEY’s new tour and forthcoming CD. Ace’s Rocket Ride Tour 2008 is in full gear with dates confirmed throughout North America and the UK. Part I of the BW&BK chat can be read at this location. Here's Part II:

Any covers on this new album?
“You know, we are toying around with a couple of covers, but we haven’t made a decision whether or not they are going to make the record. One is a STONES cover, and we were fooling around with a BOWIE cover.”

Of note, Ace also mentions two songs that he had submitted for possible use on Kiss’ Psycho Circus album, one called ‘The Pursuit Of Rock ‘n’ Roll’ and one called ‘Steamroller’ which he says is the heaviest track on the album.

Says Ace of the challenge of singing, while carrying the responsibility of guitar legend… “After a couple of weeks of touring it just becomes matter of fact. It’s like, when I’m not in the studio, or I’m not performing, I normally don’t sing. Months will go out by without me singing. I don’t really consider myself a singer. I sing because I write songs and I have my own band (laughs). But I consider myself a songwriter/guitar player. But the singing, yeah, the singing is fun. But sometimes it just becomes... luckily, my new drummer Scot Coogan, he’s got a great voice. He’s helping me out with some of the lead vocals. And I think Anthony is singing ‘Strange Ways’.”

On the upcoming tour, are you playing any songs off the new album?
“You know, normally, in the old days - in the old days (laughs) - in the ‘70s or the ‘80s, I probably would’ve done a couple of new songs, prior to the release of the record. But you know, like today, it’s a whole different ballgame. I did a show in New York on Halloween, at the Hard Rock Cafe, and you go onto youtube, you can find almost every song (laughs). So it’s like, I want this record to be like a surprise; have it be my special thing. And I don’t want to give a couple of the songs away before the record comes out. If I play them live, it’s going to be on youtube the next day (laughs).”

“Some of those songs are good, you know?” reflects Ace, asked about the records from his mid-years, the under-rated FREHLEY’S COMET material and the Trouble Walkin’ album, released simply under the Ace Frehley banner. “Some of those songs are maybe a little too poppy. I maybe would’ve done them a little different today. Like I said, I’m trying to get back into the mindset of my roots. This album is going to be heavier than those Frehley’s Comet records. You know what I do? I read my fan mail. I listen to what the kids say and what they want to hear. They really want me to play heavier stuff, and do wild stuff. I think that is an element in music that is lacking today. There doesn’t seem to be any guitar hero bands out there. I think guitar players today are too lazy. They don’t want to practice. They talk to me; guitar players say, ‘What can you tell me about being a guitar player?’ And I say three things: ‘Practice, practice and more practice’ (laughs)."

Do you find that in your new state of mind, you’re also getting back to being more disciplined about guitar again?
“Yes. Everything is just more clear and defined and I can focus better; I can put my ideas together. I don’t have all that noise in my head - it’s great not to have that.”
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

ACE FREHLEY - Rarities 2000 Interview
Page 1 sur 1