Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Xiaomi Poco M6 Pro (8 Go / 256 Go) Noir
Voir le deal
159.99 €

MAHOGANY RUSH Guitarist FRANK MARINO

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

MAHOGANY RUSH Guitarist FRANK MARINO Empty
MessageSujet: MAHOGANY RUSH Guitarist FRANK MARINO   MAHOGANY RUSH Guitarist FRANK MARINO EmptyJeu 3 Jan - 19:14

MAHOGANY RUSH Guitarist FRANK MARINO - "You Might As Well Put McDonald's Hamburgers Into The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame; They Sell!"

www.KNAC.com recently caught up with MAHOGANY RUSH guitar legend Frank Marino. The following is an excerpt from the interview:

www.KNAC.com: Are you a little bummed out your not getting inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame this year next to Madonna?

Marino: (Laughs) "Honestly, I can't say I would even accept it. I think it's kind of a joke. The Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame to me sounds tongue and cheek. There's a bit of sarcasm about the whole theme and it's ridiculous. People take that stuff way to serious."

www.KNAC.com: You were headlining California Jam when Madonna was just discovering her pubic hair.

Marino: (Laughs) "Literally! I find the whole Hall of Fame thing for music is stupid. The Hall of Fame for Sports Stars and athletes is cool. But the idea of a Music Hall of Fame is subjective. It's like saving someone's image because their music is great. Well, on another planet their music wouldn't be great. It's subjective. It's a secret fantasy because they've sold a lot of records is what it comes down to. The definition of fame is how many people know you. And the definition of that is how many people bother. So, putting someone into the Hall of Fame for musical contributions is just another way of saying person knew how too sell 'em. For that matter you might as well put McDonald's hamburgers into the Hall of Fame. They sell!"

www.KNAC.com: Experiencing Mahogany Rush for the first time inspired many people to pick up a guitar.

Marino: "Which is how I felt about Hendrix. That's the way I want to play. There's nothing wrong with that. We did that as kids too. We said I wear number nine, and I'll be Rocket Richard (NHL Hall of Fame Player). Well, we weren't really Richard. But we were having fun pretending we were, and that's it! Imitation is a sincere form of flattery. You know I've played a lot of big and small buildings. Looking back on all the places I've played. On any given night, on any given show, any given artist, any given crowd size, there's at least ten people in the crowd than what that artist does than the artist himself. They are just there."

www.KNAC.com: So true.

Marino: "Let's take KISS, or AEROSMITH or any of these groups for example. They play for 30,000 people. Why are they the ones on the stage when at least 100 people in that audience are better than they are at what they do? It's not about whether you are good. If you relate that to sport. On any given night, on any NHL Rink. There are not 10 guys in the stands that are better than Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Player). It makes more sense to say Sidney merits being at the show. There are 12 year olds that can outplay 90% of the worlds greatest artists. Then to top it all off. The music industry adds insult to injury by over charging for it. Too much for the ticket. Too much for the record. Every things a lot of money. The faithful spend the money, and they get treated like shit. God forbid if they should download something because then they get sued. Do you know what a corporation is? In my opinion? If the corporation is a person, it's the equivalent of a psychopath. That's what a corporation is. It's a psychopath!"

Go to this location for the complete in-depth interview.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

MAHOGANY RUSH Guitarist FRANK MARINO
Page 1 sur 1