Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Retour en stock du coffret Pokémon Zénith Suprême – ...
Voir le deal

SANCTITY - New Interview

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

SANCTITY - New Interview Empty
MessageSujet: SANCTITY - New Interview   SANCTITY - New Interview EmptyDim 13 Jan - 16:27

SANCTITY - New Interview Available

Lucem Fero has issued an interview with SANCTITY drummer Jeremy London, conducted by Anthony Morgan during the band's UK tour in October 2007. The following is an excerpt:

Q: Could you give me an introduction to Road to Bloodshed?

A: "Yeah. We didn't really opt for a certain theme, or decide how we wanted the songs to sound. We just we wrote a bunch of songs, and we really liked them. There's not a certain theme to Road to Bloodshed. If you listen to other records, it's obvious that those particular artists were going in one direction for the whole album. We took pieces of everything we'd listened to, and everything we'd liked. There's some rock'ish parts, there's some really heavy parts and there's some chuggy parts. At the same time though, it seemed to be a little thrash oriented. We obviously weren't going down that route, but it just came out. We get classified as nu wave thrash and all this though, and I don't really get it. Given the fact there are a lot of thrash parts, I can somewhat understand that when I listen to it now. People say we sound like TESTAMENT a lot, and that's a massive compliment to me. We actually met Chuck Billy a couple of weeks ago - the dude's huge man.."

Q: You tracked fourteen songs in twelve hours.

A: "Yeah. I didn't really think about anything. I just played, and if it didn't feel or sound right, then I tried something else. In some respects, I think I developed my own drumming style around the songs. Actually, we've started to write new songs. Therefore, I think about drum parts ahead of time. I'll keep a drum part in my head, so Zeff (Childress, guitars) and I then sit down. He'll write a riff around the drum part, or vice versa. Zeff'll have a guitar part, and then he'll say 'Well, I'm kind of feeling this beat.' We'll try it, but if it doesn't feel right, then we'll try something else. To an extent, that's how I write. I never sit down, listen to the song and methodically analyze the parts. I never feel thoughts such as 'This part needs to be like this. This is a Rock'ish part, so it has to be like this.'. I never think about that."

Q: When you recorded your parts, how did he (Jason Suecof) push you personally?

A: "Oh God, he would piss me off so much. During some parts, Jason would just say something like 'That's fucking crap. Do it again,' or 'You need to do it this way.' Sometimes you just get frustrated, and think to yourself 'Holy fuck, I'm going to blow my head off.' You just get frustrated; if you can't get a part right right off the bat, then obviously that's frustrating. You got to calm down though. He just wants you to play to the best of your ability, and maybe even better. Really, Jason wants you to just push yourself, and push yourself, and push yourself. I'm a better drummer for it, I really am."

For the complete interview, go to this location.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

SANCTITY - New Interview
Page 1 sur 1