Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Soldes d’été 2024 : trouvez les meilleures promos !
Voir le deal

HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER Empty
MessageSujet: HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER   HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER EmptyVen 18 Avr - 19:39

HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER Comments On Covering SKID ROW Classic '18 And Life'
HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER 87670

BW&BK recently caught up with DESTRUCTION bassist/vocalist Schmier to discuss the return of HEADHUNTER, the band he fronted from 1990 to 1994 following his initial split with Destruction. In the following excerpt Schmier addresses the issue of covering the SKID ROW classic '18 And Life' on Headhunter's new album, Parasite Of Society.

“That’s a classic hard rock tune, of course, but it was a big challenge for us to do that," says Schmier. "First of all, the band was wondering if I was serious about covering it (laughs). It’s a great song and I knew we could add some extra flair to it. I’m not Sebastian (Bach/vocals) and his voice is impossibly great on those first two Skid Row records, so he’s not somebody you can imitate on a cover song. I think we managed to make a good Headhunter version of the song, but of course it’s going to receive mixed opinions because some Destruction fans just won’t be able to handle the idea of me doing a song like that. But, this is Headhunter and not a Destruction project, and Skid Row is a big part of heavy metal history. Also, with Headhunter it was all about doing what felt right and what was fun for us. It was always a little bit weird in the past and that will continue (laughs). Look at (second album) A Bizarre Gardening Accident; how can a metal band give an album a title and cover artwork like that (laughs).”

Watch for the full story in BW&BK #111.

The new songs 'Read My Lips' and 'Doomsday For The Prayer' are available for streaming at [/url]this location.

The tracklist is as follows:
'3rd Man Introduction',
'Parasite Of Society',
'Silverskull',
'Remission',
'Doomsday For The Prayer',
'18 And Life',
'Read My Lips',
'Backs To The Wall',
'Egomaniac',
'The Calling',
'Payback Time',
'Rapid Fire'.

The video for 'Silverskull' is below:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30736838
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER   HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER EmptySam 3 Mai - 13:59

DESTRUCTION/HEADHUNTER Legend Schmier To Guest On BRUCE DICKINSON's BBC 6 Music Friday Rock Show

HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER T88737 DESTRUCTION/HEADHUNTER legend Schmier will be guest on IRON MAIDEN singer BRUCE DICKINSON's BBC 6 Music Friday Rock Show on May 23rd. You can listen to the weekly BBC 6 Music rock show live via the internet Fridays between 10 PM and 1 AM UK Time (4 PM and 7 PM EST) here.

Headhunter's Parasite Of Society is due out via AFM on May 23rd in Europe.
'3rd Man Introduction',
'Parasite Of Society',
'Silverskull',
'Remission',
'18 And Life',
'Read My Lips',
'Backs To The Wall',
'Egomaniac',
'The Calling',
'Payback Time',
'Rapid Fire'.

Their cover of the SKID ROW classic '18 And Life' is available at this location.

BW&BK recently caught up with Schmier to discuss the return of HeadHunter. In the following excerpt Schmier addresses the issue of covering the '18 And Life' on the band's new album, Parasite Of Society.

"That’s a classic hard rock tune, of course, but it was a big challenge for us to do that," says Schmier. "First of all, the band was wondering if I was serious about covering it (laughs). It’s a great song and I knew we could add some extra flair to it. I’m not Sebastian (Bach/vocals) and his voice is impossibly great on those first two Skid Row records, so he’s not somebody you can imitate on a cover song. I think we managed to make a good Headhunter version of the song, but of course it’s going to receive mixed opinions because some Destruction fans just won’t be able to handle the idea of me doing a song like that. But, this is Headhunter and not a Destruction project, and Skid Row is a big part of heavy metal history. Also, with Headhunter it was all about doing what felt right and what was fun for us. It was always a little bit weird in the past and that will continue (laughs). Look at (second album) A Bizarre Gardening Accident; how can a metal band give an album a title and cover artwork like that (laughs).”

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER   HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER EmptyMar 6 Mai - 11:54

HEADHUNTER - Parasite Of Society Title Track Streaming Online

HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER T88893 HEADHUNTER, the band bassist/vocalist Schmier fronted from 1990 to 1994 following his initial split with DESTRUCTION, have updated their MySpace page to stream the title track of their forthcoming album, Parasite Of Society. Check it out at this location.

BW&BK recently caught up with Schmier to discuss the return of HeadHunter. In the following excerpt Schmier addresses the issue of covering the '18 And Life' on the band's new album, Parasite Of Society.

"That’s a classic hard rock tune, of course, but it was a big challenge for us to do that," says Schmier. "First of all, the band was wondering if I was serious about covering it (laughs). It’s a great song and I knew we could add some extra flair to it. I’m not Sebastian (Bach/vocals) and his voice is impossibly great on those first two Skid Row records, so he’s not somebody you can imitate on a cover song. I think we managed to make a good Headhunter version of the song, but of course it’s going to receive mixed opinions because some Destruction fans just won’t be able to handle the idea of me doing a song like that. But, this is Headhunter and not a Destruction project, and Skid Row is a big part of heavy metal history. Also, with Headhunter it was all about doing what felt right and what was fun for us. It was always a little bit weird in the past and that will continue (laughs). Look at (second album) A Bizarre Gardening Accident; how can a metal band give an album a title and cover artwork like that (laughs).”

As previously reported, Parasite Of Society is due out via AFM on May 23rd in Europe.
'3rd Man Introduction',
'Parasite Of Society',
'Silverskull',
'Remission',
'18 And Life',
'Read My Lips',
'Backs To The Wall',
'Egomaniac',
'The Calling',
'Payback Time',
'Rapid Fire'.

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER   HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER EmptyLun 2 Juin - 12:52

HEADHUNTER - New Interview Available

HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER T90672 MetalCovenant.com has issued an interview with HEADHUNTER bassist/vocalist Schmier (DESTRUCTION), where they discuss the rebirth of Headhunter and his work on the new Destruction release: D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N., due later this fall. The following is an excerpt from the interview:

MettleAngel: So you have already finished the final mix for the new Destruction release?

Schmier: "Definitely, It has been a real tight schedule. There was so much pressure to finish the Destruction CD, we almost had to scrap the Headhunter album, altogether. This is not something I was willing to do."

MettleAngel: I'm so glad that you did not. I have been excited about the new Headhunter, ever since I heard about it in March.

Schmier: "I'm glad we were able to do both, although, most people are not as familiar with Headhunter's history. They are not even aware of the other three albums we already recorded years ago. The label just did not meet our expectations, so Headhunter was delayed. I've been so damn stressed out over all this shit."

MettleAngel: Man, they so need to hear the other Headhunter releases with songs from the 50's Doo Wop era like 'Ramalama', or the Rat Pack style of 'Don't Bogart (That Joint)'! Headhunter always have fun with their cracked hair brain schemes, while doing bizarre covers. On Parasite the opener and closer (after 'Payback Time'), just had me in stitches!

Schmier: "Exactly, we will do fuckin' FRANK SINATRA next time, that will piss everyone off! This is why we even did a new Headhunter album in the first place, so I could step away from Destruction, and rediscover my other band. The three of us always have so much fun recording music together. Jörg claimed that he had the best time in the studio recording Parasite. This is more fun than he has had in over fifteen years!"

MettleAngel: I can see that. Toward the end, he was just wasting his time with Stratovarius. He's better off in Headhunter. Let Timo Tolkki have his Revolution Renaissance!

Schmier: "Besides, I really like SKID ROW! Maybe their first album was not as heavy, but Slave To The Grind was killer! I really like all their ballads too, those are not that easy to sing, you know!"

Head here to read the interview in its entirety.

Headhunter's latest album, Parasite Of Society, was released in Europe via AFM on May 23rd. The North American street date is June 10th.

'3rd Man Introduction',
'Parasite Of Society',
'Silverskull',
'Remission',
'18 And Life',
'Read My Lips',
'Backs To The Wall',
'Egomaniac',
'The Calling',
'Payback Time',
'Rapid Fire'.

New Headhunter tracks are streaming here.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER   HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER Empty

HEADHUNTER Frontman SCHMIER
Page 1 sur 1