Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Display japonaise One Piece Card Game OP-09 The Four ...
Voir le deal

CARL DIXON

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

CARL DIXON Empty
MessageSujet: CARL DIXON   CARL DIXON EmptySam 3 Mai - 13:47

CARL DIXON - "Everything Will Eventually Heal, Except The Eye, Which I Will Probably Lose"

Canadian rocker CARL DIXON (ex-CONEY HATCH, THE GUESS WHO) is currently in an Australian hospital recuperating from a tragic car crash that occurred on Monday, April 14th that left him critically injured. He successfully pulled himself out of a coma to consciousness recently and was taken off medically assisted breathing and began to talk.

The following new report is courtesy of Mark Bonokoski from the Torontosun.com:

The numbers are dialed, via the operator on the line, and the phone finally rings at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.

It is 8 AM, Toronto time, and 10 PM, Down Under.

A cheerful nurse takes a portable phone down the hallway and hands it to a patient who, just a few days ago, was in a medically induced coma following a head-on collision that left him trapped in the wreckage for almost two hours until he was finally extracted and airlifted to Melbourne.

Carl Dixon provides a visual. Half a world away, his voice comes across strong but strained. "Both legs in casts," he says, "but not suspended. Right hand broken, right eye badly damaged ... probably weeks before I can even try to get on my feet. Everything will eventually heal, except the eye, which I will probably lose.

"Other than that, I feel blessed."

Carl Dixon, lead singer in the post-Burton Cummings GUESS WHO, former front man for Toronto's CONEY HATCH, occasional touring player with APRIL WINE, solo artist, etc., is lucky to be alive, and with no internal injuries.

"The most amazing thing, beyond surviving what I cannot remember, is the outpouring of goodwill, love and affection since the accident," he says.

"It's been truly uplifting."

Read more here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

CARL DIXON
Page 1 sur 1