Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Manette DualSense PS5 édition limitée 30ème Anniversaire : où ...
Voir le deal

ERIC CARR(kiss)

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

ERIC CARR(kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: ERIC CARR(kiss)   ERIC CARR(kiss) EmptySam 26 Aoû - 11:19

Late KISS Drummer ERIC CARR's Sister Loretta - "He Was Like A BEATLE" In Australia
ERIC CARR(kiss) 49909ln9

Brian Rademacher from RockEyez.com spoke to Loretta Carr, sister of late KISS drummer Eric Carr recently about a number of topics. Here are a few excerpts from the chat:

RockEyez.com:
When he first found out KISS had an opening spot for a drummer, was he a KISS fan?
Loretta Carr:
"He was in a band called FLASHER in Long Island; it was a four-piece band. One of the members left the band and an ex-member of the band came by and told Eric there was an opening for KISS. He said there was an ad in the paper, it was no secret and he said alright. He typed up a little resume and some pictures and sent it off in an orange envelope."

RockEyez.com:
Do you remember the first concert Eric played with KISS?
Loretta Carr:
"Yes, it was at the Palladium where at the time he was working with my dad delivering furniture. He had just gotten into KISS, but still kept the job delivering furniture while he was in KISS. So, he would rehearse with KISS then go and work with my dad after that. When we were outside the Palladium that day they were playing, the boss' sons from the furniture store saw my father and asked him 'What are you doing here?' He told them my daughters are fans of KISS and in reality Eric was on the stage. So the guy they knew was the guy behind the make-up: my brother Eric, who was delivering furniture for them, and they never knew."

RockEyez.com:
So when Eric joined KISS, who came up with the fox makeup?
Loretta Carr:
"It was a mutual thing. He first looked like a hawk or duck- that's all he would need, some duck feet (laughing). Then they came up with the fox and the rest was history. I think the costumes were done by designers."

RockEyez.com:
Did he ever mention to you the biggest highlight of being in KISS?
Loretta Carr:
"Yes, the Palladium or playing in Australia that was phenomenal for him. He was like a BEATLE over there. He's still huge there and that's where he saved most of his memorabilia, newspaper clippings of KISS in Australia. He saved some letters and the invitation from the mayor of Australia."

RockEyez.com:
Will you let KISS fans understand that Eric never became part of the KISS company?
Loretta Carr: "True, Eric never became part of the KISS company. He was not a hired hand either. He was a member of KISS and when he had something to say it was respected. He had enough leverage to wheel and deal. But as far as the financial part of it Eric got paid a certain fixed wage, I guess money was fine to him, but being in KISS was the top priority. KISS is a business and Eric respected that- he just loved playing."

RockEyez.com:
Was there ever a time where Eric didn't want to be a member of KISS anymore?
Loretta Carr:
"NO really he loved the band. The only time I really ever heard him upset was when they cut his hair for the Elder (Music From The Elder - 1981). He said to me 'You should see what they did to my hair.' So that was the only time I ever heard him complain. He had such a great look during Creatures (Creatures Of The Night - 1982) days."

To read the entire story head to this location. http://www.rockeyez.com/interviews/int-carr_loretta.html

(Photo courtesy of www.kissinuk.com )
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

ERIC CARR(kiss) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: ERIC CARR(kiss)   ERIC CARR(kiss) EmptyDim 25 Nov - 4:43

KISS Remembers Late Drummer Eric Carr

ERIC CARR(kiss) T78277 Kissonline.com is reporting:

"Sadly, today is the 16th anniversary of the death of our beloved friend Eric Carr. We all miss and remember Eric for his devotion to his fans and his dedication and belief in KISS. He was a ferocious drummer with a gentle spirit. We all lost him way too soon."

An excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on Eric Carr reads as follows:
"Following the tour for the KISS album Hot In The Shade (1989), Eric began having problems with his health. Diagnosed with an unexpectedly serious condition, cancer of the heart, he underwent surgeries to remove tumors in his right atrium and lungs in an effort to restore heart function and prevent the cancer's growth. Despite aggressive treatment, Carr's condition did not improve, and on November 24, 1991, Eric Carr died (the same day as QUEEN's Freddie Mercury) at the age of 41.
Eric's last recording with Kiss was for the song 'God Gave Rock 'N Roll To You II', which featured him on backing vocals. His health had declined to the point where he was unable to play drums for the recording session, and Eric Singer (who had played previously in Paul Stanley's solo band) was brought in, though Carr appeared in the video for the song. However, when asked if he could come back to the fold, Simmons told Carr that 'you need to concern yourself with getting better first.' At that point, a distraught Carr ceased communication with Kiss. Eric Singer would eventually replace Carr permanently."

For more on Eric Carr visit his official website.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

ERIC CARR(kiss)
Page 1 sur 1