Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-35%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Smartphone Samsung Galaxy A25 6,5″ 5G + Casque Bluetooth JBL
241 € 371 €
Voir le deal

TONY IOMMI (black sabbath)

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

TONY IOMMI (black sabbath) Empty
MessageSujet: TONY IOMMI (black sabbath)   TONY IOMMI (black sabbath) EmptyMer 30 Aoû - 23:09

TONY IOMMI - Black Sunday Kicking Off This Sunday; Iommi.com Up For Digital Music Award

BLACK SABBATH guitarist TONY IOMMI's website has been updated with the following:

"A reminder that Tony will be on air on Planet Rock this coming Sunday night (September 3rd) at 7 PM for two hours of his Black Sunday radio show. The show will also be repeated every Monday night between 6 and 8 PM UK time.

You can email your requests to Tony at tony.iommi@planetrock.com, and unsigned bands can send demos for the show to Tony Iommi, PO Box 54373, London W2 7GD. All unsigned bands selected will be entered into an exclusive competition – Tony will be divulging the details on Sunday night. And look out for Tony in the press this weekend, he has been talking to the Times and the Sunday Times amongst others.

Listening information:

UK - DAB Digital Radio, Sky Channel 861, NTL Channel 680, Telewest Channel 924 and online http://www.planetrock.com/

Rest of the World – online . http://audio.musicradio.com/player.asp?show=14

Another message at the site reads: "Iommi.com is an entrant for the People’s Choice Award in this year’s Digital Music Awards – show your support for the site by clicking on the voting button. http://www.btyahoo.com/dma06/peoples_choice_vote?web=84&category=Best%20Music%20Website

The Digital Music Awards will be held at the Roundhouse in London in October. Click http://www.btyahoo.com/dma06 for more information.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TONY IOMMI (black sabbath)   TONY IOMMI (black sabbath) EmptyMar 19 Sep - 0:14

TONY IOMMI Radio Playlists Available; AIR Cover BLACK SABBATH
TONY IOMMI (black sabbath) 51356pr4
BLACK SABBATH guitarist TONY IOMMI's website has been updated with the following:

"The playlists for Tony’s Black Sunday radio show for Planet Rock are now available on the radio page and include details of the chosen unsigned band for each of the three weeks to date."

Check out the playlists at this location. http://www.iommi.com/radioshow.htm

Another message reads: "French band AIR have chosen BLACK SABBATH’s ‘Planet Caravan’ as one of their tracks on the latest CD in the Late Night Tales collection. The series of CDs sees artists share their personal music collection with the world.

Black Sabbath appear alongside artists ranging from THE TROGGS and THE CURE to LEE HAZELWOOD, ROBERT WYATT and MINNIE RIPPERTON.

Click http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=12;-1;-1;-1&sku=451220 for more information on the CD."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TONY IOMMI (black sabbath)   TONY IOMMI (black sabbath) EmptyDim 8 Oct - 22:19

BLACK SABBATH's TONY IOMMI: "We Were Around All The Drug Dealers Under The Sun"
TimesOnline ( www.timesonline.co.uk ) has issued the following Q&A session with BLACK SABBATH guitarist TONY IOMMI, conducted by James Jackson:

Q: What was the turning point in your guitar career?

A: "Before Black Sabbath I used to work in a sheet metal factory. One day as I put my hand in this press, it slammed down and capped my fingers. I pulled my hand back, which pulled the ends off. I didn’t think I’d play again. I was so upset. Later, a manager bought me a record by Django Reinhardt [three- fingered jazz icon] and that’s what really got me into playing again."

Q: How did the accident affect your playing?

A: "It absolutely changed my style. I had to find different ways of playing chords and making them sound big. The hospital advised me to stop playing but I wouldn't accept that, so I had to devise a way of playing comfortably. I made these thimbles out of a Fairy Liquid bottle I’d melted down and shaped around my fingers. It was a bit of a crude method but it worked for me."

Q: You were also briefly in JETHRO TULL. What did that teach you?

A: "What I learnt was to have a bit more authority and discipline. So after that I laid this regime down with Sabbath, to start rehearsals at 10 in the morning. Ozzy and the others were like 'Eh?!'."

Q: Was there much competition in those days between bands?

A: "There was a lot of competing in those days. I remember making a point of going to see Clapton, and Ian Anderson [Jethro Tull lead singer] saying to me: 'Well what do you think of your hero now, then?' So obviously Clapton didn’t impress him very much!"

Q: Didn’t the increasing excess break down the discipline?

A: "As the albums went on we were going to exotic places to record and, or course, the drug influence came in. After the release of Volume IV we went to LA to record the next. That was when I had writer’s block and we were around all the drug dealers under the sun. It was just disastrous."

Q: So the setting affected the recording?

A: "After the LA experience, we packed up, went to a castle in Wales and set up all the gear in the dungeons. Everything started happening again."

Q: Do you have many riffs that you never used?

A: "I’ve got bloody cupboards full. It’s only in the past year that I’ve given the guy who works for me the horrible job of transferring the ones on cassette from years ago on to CD. He was absolutely thrilled about that."

Q: Any advice for an aspiring heavy-rock guitarist?

A: "Get a lawyer! Seriously, though, don’t follow trends. Believe in what you’re doing and stick to it."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TONY IOMMI (black sabbath)   TONY IOMMI (black sabbath) EmptyLun 16 Oct - 19:11

TONY IOMMI - Unsigned Band Contest Winner To Receive Iommi Model Stage Equipment

The following update has been posted at BLACK SABBATH guitarist TONY IOMMI's website:

"The playlists for all six of the shows in Black Sunday Series 2 are now available on the radio page ( http://www.iommi.com/radioshow.htm ).

Thanks to all the unsigned bands who have been sending in their demos for consideration for the show, and congratulations to the six bands that have been chosen to date: NERVE ENGINE, LEGION, MANDRAKE, WHEN GRAVITY FAILS, 4FT PIMP and ICHABOD CRANE. There’s still time to get your CD to Tony if you haven’t sent it already – the address is: Tony Iommi, PO Box 54373, London W2 7GD.

At the end of the series, Tony will be choosing one lucky band to receive an exclusive prize of some Iommi model stage equipment courtesy of Laney and an image pack from Grass Roots."
Tony's Black Sunday radio program airs Sunday nights on Planet Rock, and repeats Mondays from 6 PM - 8 PM.

The show can be heard online at www.planetrock.com.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TONY IOMMI (black sabbath)   TONY IOMMI (black sabbath) EmptyDim 5 Nov - 23:14

BLACK SABBATH's TONY IOMMI Attends Guitar Hero II Launch In London

"Tony was at the Gibson Guitar Studios in London (November 1st) for the launch of the new Sony Playstation 2 game Guitar Hero II.

The game features the Black Sabbath track ‘War Pigs’ and two fearless members of the event’s organising team even got up on stage to perform the track along to the game in front of the song’s creator.

Tony was there to see his daughter, Toni-Marie, and her band LUNARMILE who were performing at the event.

The game is launched on 24th November, full details available from www.guitarherogame.com .
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TONY IOMMI (black sabbath)   TONY IOMMI (black sabbath) EmptyLun 26 Fév - 23:03

TONY IOMMI Tech Posts First Installment Of Tour Diary

The following update from HEAVEN AND HELL/BLACK SABBATH guitarist TONY IOMMI's website:

"The first instalment of the tour diary by Tony’s technician, Mike Clement, has just been posted in the news section on the Message Board.

Mike first started keeping a diary for iommi.com back in 2005 and his bits of backstage gossip and humorous tales from the road kept everyone entertained. Expect more of the same this time round, he’ll also be keeping a photo diary as things progress."

Another message at the site reads: "No Demos Please! We’ve had quite a number of demos sent to us in the past week for Tony’s radio show. Tony is currently preparing for the Canadian tour, we’ve just announced European dates for the summer and will be confirming more dates soon. So at the moment, there are no plans for a new series of Black Sunday. Please don’t waste your time and money sending us CDs."

Meanwhile, as previously reported, Heaven And Hell will play the 11th edition of the Rockwave Festival ( www.rockwavefestival.gr ), taking place July 1st - 3rd at Terra Vibe in Malakasa, Greece.

Acts on the bill include: Heaven And Hell, DREAM THEATER, ICED EARTH, ANATHEMA, KINETIC, METALLICA.

More details to follow.

The full Heaven And Hell tour schedule can be seen at this location.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: TONY IOMMI (black sabbath)   TONY IOMMI (black sabbath) Empty

TONY IOMMI (black sabbath)
Page 1 sur 1