Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Blue Lock : où acheter le Tome 22 édition limitée du manga Blue ...
12 €
Voir le deal

MOONSPELL - New Album

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

MOONSPELL - New Album Empty
MessageSujet: MOONSPELL - New Album   MOONSPELL - New Album EmptyJeu 19 Juin - 11:35

MOONSPELL - New Album Enters Billboard Indie Charts

MOONSPELL - New Album 91786

According to the band, MOONSPELL's new album Night Eternal has entered the Billboard Indie Charts in the US at #187.

As previously reported, BW&BK recently caught up with Fernando Ribeiro to discuss the band's new album, Night Eternal. The following is an excerpt from the interview, with Ribeiro discussing his inspiration as a lyricist.

"We are not the most talented band in the world but we definitely know the value of working," says Ribeiro. "Whenever we have an ambition we go for it, and that is always followed by a path or an idea, or at least a plan to make it happen. There’s truth behind the conviction that nothing is too intellectual for a crowd. To say that I’m more intelligent than the fans is to say I’m superior to my crowd, and that’s dangerous. I think that when a band starts doing that you can forget about them. If you’re crowd pleasing rather than crowd challenging you’re not going anywhere. So yeah, I always try to do deep stuff, to come up with concepts for every album, or at least try to rewrite some of the concepts we’ve done in the past.

“I’ve always approached metal as intelligent as well as emotional music," he adds. "If you read Maiden or Metallica lyrics, it’s not the same as reading pop music lyrics. It’s meaningful, it’s poetic, and those people took time to write. That’s what I wanted to do with Moonspell, not just write some fillers with fast riffs and cheesy keyboard intros.”

Watch for the complete interview in BW&BK #112.

http://www.spv.de/widgets/moonspell/moonspellhtml.swf

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MOONSPELL - New Album Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MOONSPELL - New Album   MOONSPELL - New Album EmptyMer 9 Juil - 12:53

MOONSPELL Issues Statement Regarding Cancellation Of Turkish Festival Appearance

MOONSPELL - New Album T92891 MOONSPELL frontman Fernando Ribeiro has issued the following update:

"Hey there,

We just arrived home and it's time for some weekly news. Both shows were great, especially the last supper on WFF, after a superb PRIMORDIAL gig (what a feeling!) we were inspired for all the people who stayed (a full tent on a Sunday after midnight!!!) and the response was killer and the show great. Avrika was at times weird, and it really shows that our distributor there is not putting enough effort in promoting us, the crowd was more expecting electro-goth than metal, so I thought but some die hard fans made our day so it was worth the 3000 kms!!!

This weekend we play the Masters Of Rock which we eagerly anticipate since Czech Republic is one of our fave crowds and be sure to be there at 0.45, as we are closing the stage on Friday!!!

Some related statements follow! Have a rockin summer!!!"

Kalfest Cancellation:

"Dear Turkish fans,

Some explanation is long due to all of you since we were forced to cancel our appearance at the Kalfest in Istanbul/Turkey, the past 6th of June. We have delayed an official statement as we were expecting, as it was promised to us by the promoter, that he would issue one himself both in English and in Turkish and that Moonspell will help spread via MySpace and our official forum. As it happens that statement, to the date, was never sent to us we would like to take time to explain what happened:

First, we have to accept all the frustration from the ticket buyers and hope that they will be reimbursed soon or be admitted for free in the next Moonspell concert in Istanbul. We also have to apologize for not playing but that was nothing we can do about it. We have a long story of concerts (by the hundreds) and we count with less than ten cancellation in our entire career simply because, out of respect of fans and out of passion for playing live, we have played many shows even if sometimes the conditions were not appropriate.

This was the case with Kalfest, a festival that wasn't prepared for a professional show, that wasn't promoted like one (I have met many fans in downtown Istanbul that had no idea why we were there and thought we were vacationing) and on top of that the heavy rain that fell on an unprepared stage made it technically and personally impossible for Moonspell to hit the stage. Most of us were warming up already backstage. We were asked to wait, what we did, but were informed of a strict curfew (time limit) of the venue that made impossible to accept first the idea of setting up inside the gym (that would take hours to put the PA and lights up) or playing an acoustic set (that was not what people paid for and not the kind of show we were prepared to give). With heavy hearts we went back to the hotel and slept.

I have to say that cancellations are not a one way thing, that is the band also suffers. In the case of Moonspell we had to fly really early after a great show in Rock in Rio, endure a painful travel on a tight van for 3 and a half hours in the suffocating Istanbul traffic (the distance from the airport was no more than 40 kms, so we spent most of the time stopped!) and arrive to a dressing room with no catering, no water, no conditions and on top facing a cancellation and spending an extra day in Istanbul.

We have a great history and a great communion with our Turkish fans in Istanbul and I hope this won't affect it. We promise to get back there eventually this year and we are making every effort with our agent Nick Peel so that people that have bought tickets are treated fairly.

Most of all we want very much to come back, eventually still this year and present to all of you our new tour and our new album Night Eternal."

Fernando Ribeiro
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

MOONSPELL - New Album
Page 1 sur 1