Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -11%
Smartphone 6.36 ” Xiaomi 14 (12 Go / 256 Go
Voir le deal
641 €

SLASH (velvet revolver , gun's roses)

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

SLASH (velvet revolver , gun's roses) Empty
MessageSujet: SLASH (velvet revolver , gun's roses)   SLASH (velvet revolver , gun's roses) EmptyLun 18 Sep - 16:53

EXCLUSIVE - BW&BK In Conversation With SLASH!
Special report by BW&BK scribe Mitch Lafon.
SLASH (velvet revolver , gun's roses) 51213nq7

VELVET REVOLVER guitar legend Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) called in to talk about his participation on and up and coming artist’s new album, but while I had him on the phone I got a quick update on Velvet Revolver. The new artist in question is Illinois-based SARAH KELLY ( www.sarahkelly.com
) and Slash lent this sultry (think JANIS JOPLIN) soon-to-be diva his talents on her new album Where The Past Meets Today (Slash can be heard on two tracks: ‘Still Breathing’ and ‘Out Of Reach’).

ML:
Why did you partake in this project (with Sarah)?
Slash:
“It was a favour for Mike Clink (producer of Appetite For Destruction). He, of course, played it for me first and I thought she had an amazing voice. I was blown away by how much emotion and balls her voice had and how expressive it was. So, he played me a few songs and there was two I wanted to play on... so that’s what I did. I didn’t know who she was. I had never heard of her before, but Mike turned me on to it and then I heard it when it was finished and I thought it sounded great and the record’s really good.”

ML:
Let me ask you about Velvet Revolver...
Slash:
“Well, there’s not much to tell you. We’re in pre-production and I know we’ve been saying that for awhile, but it was scattered all over the place - but we’ve finally locked in a couple of months ago. We started recording over at Matt’s house and we did that for about 12 songs or something like that and then we took a month off for various reasons... and we started up seriously... this is about our fourth week – so a month ago and Rick Rubin came on to produce it and so we’re just in pre-production accumulating all these songs, but it sounds amazing. It’s going to be a heavy record.”

ML:
When do you think it’ll come out?
Slash:
“Don’t quote me on this exactly, but it’s seems like it’s set up ideally to come out in March or April (2007).”

ML:
How about approximately March or April...
Slash:
(laughs) “There’s no such thing as approximately.... maybe March or April.”

ML:
Now what about all the Internet rumours that the band was breaking up?
Slash:
“It’s just a lot of crap. In fact, the Internet rumours are so blown out of proportion that I don’t even want to talk about it.”

ML:
That’s the best way to approach it because it’s been so ridiculous.
Slash:
“Yeah, it’s a waste of your and my time.”

ML:
It is... Now what about Gilby Clarke – have you been watching him on Rockstar: SUPERNOVA?
Slash:
“I’ve seen it a couple of times actually and I was there when they first started doing the main singer cattle calls before the show actually started taping. It’s funny, it’s like what Velvet Revolver went through when we were looking for singers, but only on a way different level. I wish we had that opportunity when we were trying to get singers... but in some ways some of the people that come down there aren’t appropriate. It’s a lot of work and I remember when we were getting all the tapes in the mail... doing that ten months of auditioning and I look at that platform – that they’re using to do it and it’s fucking great. Gilby’s doing his thing.”

ML:
Any last words about Sarah (Kelly)?
Slash:
“The record’s great and I think it’s going to be a surprise to a lot of people. It’s going to pop out and people are going to go ‘ who’s that?’ She has a sincerely pure presence in her voice.”

ML:
Was it fun working with Mike Clink again?
Slash:
“I hang out with Mike. Mike’s my buddy.”

ML:
Do you think you might work with him on a Velvet Revolver project?
Slash:
“That remains to be seen, but I have no idea. I’ve worked with him on a couple of things in the past... If I was doing something far removed from that type of a band... I don’t know... It really depends. I like working with Mike on different kinds of stuff, but not necessarily along the vein of stuff that I’m used to working with him on...”

ML:
Final two questions – was it important for you to set up a band like Velvet Revolver and NOT just be the hired gun in OZZY’s band (for example) or a band like that?
Slash:
“Being in a band means being part of a band that you put together... that you had something to do with and I don’t mind going and playing on other people’s records and this and that, but it wouldn’t interest me to be taking orders from somebody.”

ML:
Last question – a little off the path, but I saw an interview with you years ago where you spoke about the influence of ALICE COOPER in your life. Is that still there and what do you think of Alice these days?
Slash:
“Alice is one of the building blocks of my whole personality as a musician and probably as a human being, but definitely as a rock ‘n roll individual. He’s part of what makes me who I am, so he’ll always be very important.”

ML:
I’d like to thank you for your time....
Slash:
“Alright – I hope that works for you.”

ML:
Hopefully, we can do a Velvet Revolver interview when the new album comes out.
Slash:
“That’ll be coming up hopefully sooner than later. Alright man, take care.”
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

SLASH (velvet revolver , gun's roses)
Page 1 sur 1