Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-35%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Smartphone Samsung Galaxy A25 6,5″ 5G + Casque Bluetooth JBL
241 € 371 €
Voir le deal

SAVATAGE

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

SAVATAGE Empty
MessageSujet: SAVATAGE   SAVATAGE EmptyMar 10 Oct - 0:43

New SAVATAGE DVD In The Works

CHRIS CAFFERY, guitarist for SAVATAGE/TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA and solo artist, recently spoke to Metal Asylum just before rehearsals started for the TSO tour about his latest CD Pins And Needles, the future of SAVATAGE and a possible DVD, and DR. BUTCHER.

Metal Asylum: What is the album called and how would you compare it to Faces?
Caffery: "It's called Pins And Needles, like when your foot falls a sleep, and I don't think you can compare the two. Its like when your sitting there and your foot gets numb. Its kinda like sometimes in life you keep taking the same crap and dealing with the same things so much that after a while you become numb to it ya know. There's a focus and maturity with this record. When I recorded Faces I had so much material I wrote over the years to go through, I had no idea what people were going to like, I never sang before and basically I was like a kid in a candy shop as far as what I wanted people to hear. Now with Pins And Needles there is a set direction and its definitely not what people are expecting. I am very looking forward to people hearing it."

Metal Asylum: Recently some pro shot video footage of Savatage when Criss Oliva was in the band during the Streets era, along with footage from your time with the band during the Wake Of Magellan tour have surfaced online. When it is time to compile footage for a Savatage DVD, will footage of this nature be included?
Caffery: "Yeah that's the plan. The idea is to make a special compilation DVD with all the videos, classic live footage from when Criss Oliva (guitarist) was still alive and Jon Oliva was still the lead singer, some candid stuff, plus a new live concert with everyone involved who has recorded with Savatage. I know there is one concert from the Dynamo festival with the 'Mountain King' lineup that had a pro shoot, actually that week they asked me to re join the band for Gutter Ballet was when they were flying over for the show two days later and if I had a chance to rehearse with the band at all in time I would have been part of it too. I have a copy of that show and its about an hour or so and it's the only real pro shot footage that includes Criss Oliva at all."

Metal Asylum: Can you predict the possible future of Savatage and who will be involved in the band?
Caffery: "Well I really could not tell you exactly. I know we are going to do something for the anniversary. Maybe we will do one big huge concert, record an album including all the past and present members of the band, maybe a big European festival tour. If we do a special concert tour it will include Savatage's original drummer Wacholz playing the older music and probably include Alex Skolnick doing some stuff. Its just a matter of everyone getting on the same page ya know. I'm up for anything. I think the fans want to see more than one show, I know I do."

You can read the entire interview here. http://www.metalasylum.net/interviews/int0631.html
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

SAVATAGE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: SAVATAGE   SAVATAGE EmptyMer 13 Déc - 0:44

SAVATAGE, JON OLIVA'S PAIN Mastermind To Guest On The Classic Metal Show Next Saturday

The Classic Metal Show, heard live weekly on Saturdays from 9PM-3AM EST at www.theclassicmetalshow.com , have issued the following update regarding their Saturday, December 16th show:

"It's hard to believe, but we've arrived at the final live show of 2006! ...And we're going out with a bang! Legendary vocalist Jon Oliva is back once again with his post-SAVATAGE band JON OLIVA'S PAIN. His new album is called Maniacal Renderings, and it picks up right where Savatage fans would like him to be doing. We'll do a New Music Listening Party for Maniacal Renderings, and the great Jon Oliva will be calling into the show to talk about the new album, and maybe even the future of Savatage!

Also on the show, we'll be bringing another New Music Listening Party of sorts. PRIMAL FEAR put out a greatest hits record this year and it came with a bonus disc of cover songs that absolutely screams METALLLLLLLLLLL! We won't be having anyone on the show from the band this time since they will be back early in 2007 with a new album, but we'll definitely be schooling all of you on Primal Fear's influences
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

SAVATAGE
Page 1 sur 1