Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Manette DualSense PS5 édition limitée ...
Voir le deal

Megadeth

2 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyLun 31 Juil - 19:07

Voici une belle petite pièce de collection pour tout fan qui se respecte. Une petite vidéo de Megadeth avec Kerry King (Slayer) en prime !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCkRGEFyc-Q
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
DepressiveAge

DepressiveAge

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyDim 13 Aoû - 0:16

Les voir jouer sur une même scène est surréaliste!
Ca ne risque pas de se reproduire!
DepressiveAge

DepressiveAge

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyDim 13 Aoû - 11:26

Voici un aperçu de l'artwork du prochain album

http://www.rattleheadhq.com/wordpress/?p=423[/url]
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyDim 13 Aoû - 13:31

pas terrible la pochette du prochain album de megadeth
DepressiveAge

DepressiveAge

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyDim 13 Aoû - 18:19

Je pense qu'une fois présentée bien clairement on distinguera des détails qui nous échappent.
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyMer 16 Aoû - 20:50

MEGADETH - Japanese Edition Of United Abominations To See Earlier Release, Include Exclusive Bonus Track
Megadeth T49362sa3

MEGADETH's new studio album, United Abominations, will be released in Japan via Roadrunner on October 25th. This edition of the album will include a bonus tracks, exclusive to this release.

As previously reported, Megadeth fan site Rattlehead HQ recently posted a portion of the Gigantour 2006 tour poster (from the Milwaukee venue Rave's website) which features a frontal view of the artwork for United Abominations.

United Abominations is due out on October 31st via Roadrunner in North America. The album was recorded by mainman Dave Mustaine and co-producer Jeff Balding. Some song titles set to appear on the CD include 'United Abominations', 'Washington Is Next' and 'Gears Of War'.

Also, Megadeth have confirmed a date in Osaka, Japan on October 16th. The band will headline Loud Park '06. Other acts scheduled include DIO, MINISTRY and ANTHRAX.

For a full schedule of Megadeth's upcoming live dates head here http://www.megadeth.com/index.php?section=killingroad
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyMer 23 Aoû - 23:27

MEGADETH - United Abominations Pushed Back To 2007

The following report is courtesy of Gary Graff, from Billboard.com:

The next MEGADETH album has a title - United Abominations - but that's about it for the time being.

"We're putting the finishing touches on it," reports group leader Dave Mustaine, who's also preparing for the September 6 start of the second Gigantour traveling heavy metal festival. "We've got a little more work before it's finished, but it should be out some time next year."

Mustaine says an initial October 31 release date for the album, Megadeth's first as part of a new deal with Roadrunner Records, was "wishful thinking," and both the group and label felt a 2007 release was preferable to November or December of this year.

The singer/guitarist says the album, which he's producing with Jeff Balding, "has a lot of variation on it. It's got some surprises, but there's a really old-school vein to it, I would say." The group has been careful not to rush the album, either, holding sessions in London, Los Angeles and Nashville since earlier this year.

"We're taking our time with this one," Mustaine says. "It's a great feeling to make a record and not have our feet held to the fire. One of my heroes growing up was Kiss, but they really frustrated me 'cause they would put out a record just about every year. I couldn't figure that out. I pretty much have a cycle of about 18 months to 24 months between records. I just can't put them out any quicker than that and feel comfortable about them."

This being Megadeth, there will be some political underpinnings to the songs on ;United Abominations'. The title, in fact, comes from Mustaine's feelings about the United Nations' "failure to perform," particularly in crisis situations. "I was watching TV and saw the trucks that said 'UN' on them and said, 'Man, you are so uncool, ineffective, anything," he explains. "I thought, 'Wow, I've got to run with this. I got it -- United Abominations, 'cause it's an abomination what they're doing!"

Mustaine expects Megadeth to tour heavily in support of United Abominations, perhaps into 2008.
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyJeu 31 Aoû - 0:02

MEGADETH's United Abominations - Political Statement Or Sales Gimmick?

Embassy ( www.embassymag.ca ), Canada's Foreign Policy Newsweekly has issued the following report from Sean Durkan:

Political Statement or Sales Gimmick?

This was one of the questions critics asked about hippy music back in the day, and perhaps the honest answer was a bit of both. But apart from long hair and an association with drugs and sex, it is difficult to equate the latest heavy metal protest against the United Nations with the musically driven "Peace and Love" Flower-power movement against war of the 1960s and '70s.

So when Reuters reported that the heavy metal band MEGADETH is taking aim at the United Nations by naming its next album United Abominations, my first reaction was to dismiss it as mostly sales gimmick.

On further reflection, however, it does make one wonder what anyone who takes the new album seriously as a political protest hopes it will achieve: A more aggressive approach to imposing peace? Less talk, more walk? More invasions, fewer evasions?

The answer wasn't clear from the item I saw. Reuters said that the band's guitarist Dave Mustaine, who is apparently a "New York heavy metal maven," is furious over what he apparently perceives as the UN's failures to get anything done. "I was watching TV and saw the trucks that said UN on them and said, 'Man, you are so uncool, ineffective, anything,'" Reuters quotes Mr. Mustaine as saying in a recent interview.

Of course, you don't have to be a huge fan of armed interventions to be frustrated at the UN's failure to move quickly to resolve so many conflicts, but the loudest critics do tend to be those who favour pursing military solutions. The UN is seen by many conservatives as being too soft, and it is safe to say it is nowhere near the top of the list of organizations that most impress U.S. President George W. Bush. So perhaps there is a market beyond the normal pale of heavy metal fans for a political protest of this kind.

Is Megadeth the Iraq War supporters' answer to the Dixie Chicks?

The full article can be found here. http://www.embassymag.ca/html/index.php?display=story&full_path=/2006/august/30/durkan/
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptySam 2 Sep - 2:52

MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine: "Gigantour Is About Giving Back"

KNAC.com has issued a new interview with MEGADETH frontman Dave Mustaine, conducted by Gnarly Charlie. The following is an excerpt:

Q: The Gigantour lineup this year seems to be less eclectic than last year.

A: "Eclectic?"

Q: Wouldn’t you say it was rather eclectic last year?

A: "Tell me how your using eclectic and I’ll tell you if it was."

Q: "Well, you had LIFE OF AGONY on one stage and NEVERMORE on the main stage. It was a mixed bag of different bands, from speed to death to progressive metal on up to Life Of Agony...

A: "Yeah, it was supposed to be that way, brother. Here’s why: I’ve done a bunch of festivals over my career, especially over in Europe. And, the European festivals - if you haven’t gone there, Charlie - they’re different, you know? They’ll have a lot of different bands on them. I played a festival one time and REM was headlining, then OASIS, then it was SOUNDGARDEN, and then it was SHERYL CROW, then Megadeth, and then BO DIDDLEY... and FAITH NO MORE was there, too. And I’m thinking ‘That is the weirdest lineup’, but you know what? It works. If you go to a concert and you see kind of the same bands, what have you done? You’ve just played the same record, ten times in a row. So, why not have a festival that has a bunch of different types of metal bands; hardcore, punk, speed, thrash, black, death, power… you can’t do it all every year. This year’s a little different from last year. But see, Gigantour is about a spirit. It’s about the spirit of the guitar and about the spirit of heavy metal. It’s not about going out there and making money and charging 100 dollars a ticket. The tickets are really low-priced, because it’s about a legacy, you know what I mean? It’s about giving something back, because my career’s kind of winding down as far as what I want to do that’s left. Basically I’ve done everything I wanted to do with my career. I would like to get the seemingly, uh… (laughs) I don’t have the right word to say this, but the unobtainable Grammy, because I’ve been nominated 7 times for that. That’s like one of the only things left that I need to get to complete my collection – that and a Diamond Award, but hell, that’s the kind of stuff CARLOS SANTANA gets."

Check out the complete interview at this location. http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=4917
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyDim 3 Sep - 23:00

MEGADETH - 'United Abominations' Lyrics Contest Over; Full Lyrics Available

According to MEGADETH fan site Rattlehead HQ, Liam Robinson (Megadeth forums username, “Jotun”) was the first Megadeth forums user to correctly guess all of the lyrics to 'United Abominations', the title track to the band's upcoming album due out February 7th via Roadrunner. Liam wins a ESP LTD DV-200 and a phone call from Dave Mustaine. The complete song lyrics are as follows.

'United Abominations' (Music and Lyrics by Dave Mustaine)

Less than five miles from Ground Zero sits an International hotbed, the United “Abominations” as it were. Created to prevent wars and promote peace, it failed to address the most dangerous threats facing the world.

In a mire of hypocrisy, bribes, kickbacks, and corruption, the UN enables terrorism, and ignores sex crimes by its peacekeepers. The UN is where our so-called allies undermine us, and we pay 22% of their tab to host our enemies here at home.

Ambassadors from dirt-poor countries enjoy luxurious, tax-free Manhattan lifestyles, turning children into sex-slaves and enjoy Diplomatic immunity. It’s a complete and utter disgrace, a blot on the face of humanity, and they get away with it.

Poverty in their kitchens
Held hostage by oil-for-food
Yet their own plates are full off the fat of their lands
There’s no blood on their hands, right Kojo?
They promised to tell the truth
Without leaving a fingerprint, but
They will lose the UN one way or another
The victim, I fear will be us, sisters and brothers

The UN is right; you can’t be any more “un”
Than you are right now, the UN is undone
Another mushroom cloud, another smoking gun
The threat is real, the Locust King has come
Don’t tell me the truth; I don’t like what they’ve done
Just give me ammo for the United Abominations

A grave and gathering danger
The decision to attack
Based on secret intelligence it’ll take years
I fear to undo the failings in Iraq
You may bury the bodies
But you can’t bury the crimes only
Fools stand up and really lay down their arms
No, not me, not when Death lasts forever

“The UN writes resolution after resolution and has become irrelevant through inaction and totalitarian paralysis,”
“Order, Order!!!”
“Ha! There is no such thing as order”
“Larry, it’s true, reports confirm today that the United Nations has officially closed its doors forever,”
“Well, I just don’t see what all the fuss is, because they don’t do anything anyway, do they?”

NATO invaded Yugoslavia to end ethnic cleansing, there was no UN
The US invaded Afghanistan after 9/11, there was no UN
Saddam Hussein violated 17 UN resolutions; The UN was asked to join the war in Iraq. The US invaded, Ha! there was no UN
Libya bombed a discotheque in Berlin killing Americans, there was no UN
Iran funds any terrorist organization it can, and attacked the US in the seventies, there was no stinking UN
Facing War without end, looking into the future, there was no more UN
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyVen 15 Sep - 1:33

MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine - "The Time That I’m Going To Be Out Beating The Drum On The Road Is Nearing An End"

The following report is courtesy of Michael Deeds from McClatchy Newspapers

Gigantour is just beginning as a traveling heavy-metal festival, but it’s the first sign of the end for its founder, MEGADETH singer-guitarist Dave Mustaine.

“The time that I’m going to be out beating the drum on the road is nearing an end,” Mustaine says, reflecting on a quarter century of headbanging. “I want to be able to pass the torch. I don’t want to go off into retirement and not be able to share everything I’ve learned ... not give some of it back. It’s time for the whole thing to go full circle.”

Now in its second year, the eight-band, 25-market Gigantour is an ear-splitting farewell from one of metal’s most influential figures—a sort of thank-you to a genre that provided him with fame and fortune. Headlined once again by Megadeth, the 6 ½-hour festival also features LAMB OF GOD, OPETH, ARCH ENEMY, OVERKILL, INTO ETERNITY, SANCTITIY and THE SMASHUP.

Mustaine’s concept is earnest and direct: Offer kids a chance to see established and up-and-coming bands in a safe, fun, affordable, all-ages environment. While the musicians are inspired by friendly competition, the fans get to soak up top-notch guitar shredding.

“The whole spirit of Gigantour is what I think a metal festival should be like,” Mustaine says. “You should be able to go to this if you’re a young kid and not have somebody beat the hell out of you in the pit. You should be able to go there if you’re a girl and not get raped like what happened at Woodstock in 1999. You should be able to go there, big or small, if you’re a guy, and be able to let it all hang out and get what you need from these metal bands.”

So, in reality, Mustaine—the infamously outspoken ax-slinger who performed thrash-metal classics such as “Killing is My Business ... And Business is Good,” “Symphony of Destruction” and “Sweating Bullets”—is actually a great big softie? Maybe not exactly. But this father of two wants to leave a positive legacy.

“Life is hard,” Mustaine says, “and sometimes the only escape we get is through the music that we love. And I want to be able to bring some happiness to people.”

Gigantour should do the trick for anybody who loves the crunch of power chords and squeal of pinch harmonics. When choosing acts for Gigantour, Mustaine’s criteria boiled down to one molten must-have: Blazing guitar. All the bands on Gigantour boast a jaw-dropping level of technical proficiency, which will be showcased on two stages.

“It’s definitely a guitar players’ thing,” Mustaine says of Gigantour. “And some of the guys, they play guitar in extreme metal or death metal bands and stuff like that, and the singing isn’t quite necessarily my style of singing. But one thing’s undeniable: The guitar playing is fantastic. That’s all I care about.”

One of those guitarists is Tim Roth of Into Eternity. For his largely unknown Canadian band, Gigantour is a chance to be exposed to American arena audiences. But it’s also a fan’s dream come true for the 31-year-old, who has a framed photo of himself and Mustaine—taken backstage at a Megadeth concert—hanging in his living room.

“I’m a serious fan,” Roth says. “Megadeth is like my favorite band. To me, it’s kind of ridiculous (to be on Gigantour). I just try not to think about it.”

Mustaine says this is the final year Megadeth will headline Gigantour, although the group may return during future outings as a special performer. The time has come to turn down the volume—as in number—of Megadeth concerts. Mustaine says he isn’t interested in becoming an old, out-of-touch rocker.

“I don’t want to be made fun of like that,” Mustaine says. “I hear the OZZY jokes. ... There’s a lot of guys out there that are going to be able to carry the torch of the new generation of heavy metal.”

Still, 45—which Mustaine will turn Sept. 13—doesn’t quite seem old enough to retire.

“Yeah, well, I’m sure that if you asked my kids, they would beg to differ,” Mustaine says. “I’ll consider that. I need to remember that the road is very narrow, and there’s a lot of people traveling it right now. I’ve been very fortunate. It’s pretty much time for me to step aside. I can still be on the road. I just don’t need to be in the fast lane anymore.”
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyDim 17 Sep - 15:31

Metal Icon DAVE MUSTAINE A True Survivor
Megadeth 50887hu1

The Press-Enterprise ( www.pe.com ) has issued the following report from Paul Saitowitz:

Dave Mustaine's story is so quintessentially rock 'n' roll that it almost seems fabricated.

A young guitar shredder from a broken home with a penchant for booze and heroin gets booted from the biggest metal band in history before he even gets a chance to record on an album. So like any tortured musician worth his salt he wallows in a bigger pit of self-destruction while his former band climbs the charts to superstardom.

Eventually he gets his act together and emerges victorious. His new group has a best-selling album. Success is good, but drugs are better. He relapses only to return on top.

Then he falls further into drugs, gets a DUI and comes back with another platinum record. Then, a devastating condition almost ruins his ability to play guitar forever. But he comes back again.

The band Mustaine used to be in is called METALLICA; the one he leads now is called MEGADETH.

"I did my first professional recording back in 1981, and this is really the only life I've ever known," Mustaine said over the phone while taking a break from a recording session. "I started as a pot-smoking heavy metal kid and to some extent that's what I still am."

Only now he's got five platinum records under his belt and a reputation for being one of the most influential guitar players in metal history. Still, Mustaine struggles every day to keep away from the substances that have almost claimed his life on many occasions, but in some cases, bad luck intervenes. In 2002, he hit an all-time low when he was diagnosed with radial neuropathy, a nervous disorder that kept him away from the guitar for 13 months. The condition compressed the radial nerves in his left arm and hand, leaving them so strained that he was forced to disband Megadeth.

"The doctors told me that I would only recover 80 percent and that I'd never play again," he said. "I told them that I wasn't going to accept that and now I'm fully healed and as good as I ever was."

The road to recovery included guitar lessons with a jazz guitar player Mustaine met at his church.

He felt that the complexity of the chords and the dexterity needed to play jazz would be beneficial in getting his touch back.

In 2004, Megadeth returned with an album called The System Has Failed, and a year later Mustaine was traversing the states on the first Gigantour -- a metal festival headlined by Megadeth. The tour is now in the midst of its second year and its founder couldn't be happier about the way things have turned out.

"I think it's a place for outsiders and fans of metal that want to see great bands doing what they love to do," he said. "I never imagined when I was a kid that I'd be able to be a part of something like this. ... I'm happy to see it surviving and doing well."

The same can be said about Mustaine.
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyDim 17 Sep - 16:02

Jackson Guitar Previously Owned by MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine On eBay
Megadeth 50965el7

A Dave Mustaine Jackson King V Signature Series USA Guitar, actually once owned by Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH, is currently available on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/DAVE-MUSTAINE-JACKSON-METALLICA-MEGADEATH-OWNED_W0QQitemZ160026669232QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33044QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem The auction ends tomorrow September 13th. The current bid is US $1,715.00, not including shipping costs of US $36.25. Note that this auction is open to continental US bidders only.

Here is the official instrument description: "You are bidding on an UNBELIEVABLE 2002 made in USA Jackson King V Dave Mustaine Signature Series Guitar. This Model Y2KV was actually SHIPPED TO AND OWNED BY DAVE MUSTAINE HIMSELF! This IS THE REAL DEAL - Signature Series King V! HOW COOL IS THIS---to not only get a Dave Mustaine Signature Series Jackson King V... but one that was actually OWNED BY DAVE! A MUST have for any Megadeth and/or Metallica fan! This V is in Fantastic condition! Comes with the original custom fit case, strap, Seymour Duncan pick ups, Jackson Inspection Hang Tag, Owner's manual and Warranty card and most importantly of all... the actual shipping invoice to Dave Mustaine himself!

Black Pearl Finish.
Serial Number: U1182 on guitar and inspection card
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyDim 17 Sep - 17:50

DAVE MUSTAINE - New Audio Interview Online

According to the official MEGADETH website, a 14 minute audio interview with frontman Dave Mustaine conducted earlier by Meltdown of WRIF 101.1 FM in Detroit earlier this month is now online. Click http://www.wrif.com/media/2006_09megadeth.asx to check it out.

As previously reported, Mustaine issued a statement in regards to the shooting spree at Dawson College in Montreal, QC this week, in which the gunman, Kimveer Gill, was said to have "drunk whiskey and listened to Megadeth" before he went on his rampage.

Says Mustaine: "Like everyone else, I am horrified and disgusted by the tragic events of (September 13th). We will pray for everyone who has been hurt, and all the families that are suffering."

Jounal de Montreal had reported that the shooter listened to 'A Tout le Monde' (lifted from the Megadeth 1994 album Youthanasia) several times before his actions.

Referring to the song 'A Tout Le Monde', Mustaine says, "It's based on a dream I had, where my mother came back from heaven to say 'I love you.' It's about me talking to her again."
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyLun 18 Sep - 18:15

Have Your Photo Taken With MEGADETH On Gigantour, Limited Offer
Megadeth 51327mq9
The official MEGADETH website reports:

"Head over to the FYE booth at Gigantour and sign up to get a photo with Megadeth! Offer is limited!"

In related news, everyone attending the Gigantour tour will be able to pre-order a copy of the forthcoming Megadeth CD, United Abominations, (in stores early 2007) exclusively at the FYE booth at all of the venues. Along with your purchase of the new record, you will also receive a hand numbered, limited edition Megadeth lithograph which you get to have signed by the band at the show!

As previously reported, a 14 minute audio interview with frontman Dave Mustaine conducted by Meltdown of WRIF 101.1 FM in Detroit earlier this month is now online. Click http://www.wrif.com/media/2006_09megadeth.asx to check it out.
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyMer 27 Sep - 19:53

MEGADETH - Video Clip Of New Song Available

A video clip of MEGADETH performing their new song called 'Washington Is Next!', in Toronto, ON on Monday, September 25 at the Molson Amphitheater has been posted online at YouTube.com here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSOx3hfnK7Q

'Washington Is Next!' is from Megadeth's upcoming album United Abominations, which will be released on February 7 via Roadrunner. United Abominations was recorded by mainman Dave Mustaine and co-producer Jeff Balding. Some song other titles set to appear on the CD include 'United Abominations' and 'Gears Of War'.

Drummer Shawn Drover told BW&BK this week that the band are nearly complete United Abominations (his drum tracks are done), but will be back in the studio later this year (after their Australian dates) to add the finishing touches.
DepressiveAge

DepressiveAge

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyJeu 28 Sep - 0:10

Vivement la sortie de l'album! Twisted Evil
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyJeu 28 Sep - 0:41

MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine: "I Do Yoga, Lots Of Yoga"

Newsday ( www.newsday.com ) has issued the following report from Rafer Guzman:

One can only imagine what kind of backstage debauchery occurs during the traveling heavy-metal festival Gigantour, featuring such ferocious bands as LAMB OF GOD and OPETH. As for Dave Mustaine, singer-guitarist for the headlining act MEGADETH, he spends his downtime quietly.

"I do yoga, a lot of yoga," Mustaine says. "I'm doing a lot of healthy things - which I know seems like a dichotomy, for a rock star to be taking care of himself."

Mustaine, 45, has reason to mind his health. In 2002, he fell asleep in a chair and damaged the nerves in his left arm so badly that doctors predicted he'd never again play guitar. "Which naturally made me angry," he notes. To prevent his muscles from atrophying, he embarked on a regimen of physical therapy and electronic nerve stimulation. The result: Mustaine is shredding as skillfully as ever, perhaps even more so thanks to guitar lessons that cured him of bad habits.

"I can look at my arms right now and know that one is a little smaller than the other," he says, speaking by phone last week from a venue in Milwaukee. "But I'm really the only one that can tell, besides the doctor."

Along with his personal comeback, Mustaine has experienced a career resurgence after a lengthy fallow period. Not long ago, the onetime METALLICA guitarist appeared in the documentary Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster whining to a former band member, "It's been hard to watch everything that you guys do and you touch turn to gold, and everything I do backfire." (Mustaine dismisses his portrayal as distorted - "the art of editing," he scoffs.)

But a string of reissued albums (including the 1986 classic Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?) raised Megadeth's profile, helping the 2004 disc The System Has Failed (Sanctuary) debut at No. 18 on the Billboard chart. Last year, Mustaine launched Gigantour, handpicking support acts that he felt represented the cream of the metal crop. With its return, Gigantour could develop into a bona-fide franchise a la Ozzfest.

Meantime, Mustaine has been engaging in not only yoga but another unlikely activity. "There was a period where I was looking at a lot of enlightenment and self-help books, and books on faith, just to improve myself as a writer and a human being," he says. He cites C.S. Lewis' theological fiction - particularly The Screwtape Letters - as an influence on the "System" album, which tackles themes of justice, war and power. (The cover depicts world leaders lining up to buy off their sins, with President George W. Bush first in line.) Mustaine promises not to soapbox in concert, but Megadeth has been playing the political song 'Washington's Next' from its upcoming album, United Abominations.

A while back there were reports of Mustaine's retirement, greatly exaggerated, it turns out. "I'm at a place where it's equivalent to the highs I've had in my career before," he says. "There's a lot of fuel left in the old tank."
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyMar 10 Oct - 0:19

MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine - "United Abominations Will Be Released In March"

Australia's The Metal Forge spoke with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine recently about a number of topics including their forthcoming album United Abominations. “There’s a couple of little things that need to be finished," Mustaine reveals, "but as soon as they’re done, we’ll start mixing it. What I can tell you though is that this new album isn’t anything like The System Has Failed (Which was released in 2004). I love this album! This album makes my nipples so hard you could use them to cut glass. I’m totally excited by this album. But having said that, I’m not going to tell you what it sounds like, because if I say it sounds like this, you’re only going to say that it sounds like that. We should just sit down, have a couple of drinks and listen to it together. It’s only then that know what I’m talking about, and I can watch as the album socks you in the face! (Laughs)”

“United Abominations will be released in March," he adds. "I hate those phrases which say sometime early next year, maybe, could, unknown, as of yet and temporarily. If I have to get out there like The Naked Cowboy (Who is otherwise known as Robert Burck) in Times Square (New York) and sing in my underwear, this album will be released in March. While there’s a lot of girls that would line up to see me singing in my underwear, I would like to avoid that and see the album come out officially.”

To read the entire interview head to this location. http://www.themetalforge.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=655
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyMar 10 Oct - 20:10

MEGADETH - New Album To Be Mixed By Andy Sneap

On November 6th, UK producer Andy Sneap (NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, CRADLE OF FILTH) will begin mixing MEGADETH's upcoming album, United Abominations, tentatively due in March 2007 via Roadrunner Records. United Abominations was recorded by mainman Dave Mustaine and co-producer Jeff Balding. Some song titles set to appear on the CD include 'Washington Is Next!', 'United Abominations' and 'Gears Of War'. The album will also contain a cover of the LED ZEPPELIN classic 'Out On The Tiles' (from 1970's Led Zeppelin III). WALLS OF JERICHO frontwoman Candace Kucsulain will make a guest appearance.

Mustaine told Australia's The Metal Forge recently that "that this new album isn’t anything like The System Has Failed (Which was released in 2004). I love this album! This album makes my nipples so hard you could use them to cut glass. I’m totally excited by this album. But having said that, I’m not going to tell you what it sounds like, because if I say it sounds like this, you’re only going to say that it sounds like that. We should just sit down, have a couple of drinks and listen to it together. It’s only then that know what I’m talking about, and I can watch as the album socks you in the face! (Laughs)”
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyMar 17 Oct - 18:15

MEGADETH - Tribute Convention In Liverpool Set For November 4th
Megadeth 53022uz4
search_redirect=Megadeth%20convention&tm_link=tm_header_search
According to the official MEGADETH website, a Megadeth Tribute Convention is being held on November 4th in Liverpool, UK at the Cavern Club. It is a convention being organized for the fans by the fans. According to the event's official MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/megadethfanconvention2006 "the Convention will be a day and night filled with fun, music, videos, quiz, air guitar matches, live act, guests, and much more! Great Prizes to win! You will be able to bring stuff you would like to send to the band, have your picture taken for the Megadeth website, and send greetings to the band."

Tickets are available here. http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/946552/?search_redirect=Megadeth%20convention&tm_link=tm_header_search
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyDim 22 Oct - 22:35

Enter To See MEGADETH At The Gears Of War Event On Halloween

MEGADETH are set to play a Gears of War - Match Made In Hell event on Halloween, an event which will celebrate the much anticipated X-Box 360 game. Gears Of War and X-Box were both sponsors of the Gigantour this year, and Megadeth have written a song entitled 'Gears Of War', which is set to appear on United Abominations in March next year.

The following are the details for the event taken from this webpage: On Halloween Night, Six Flags New England will host Match Made In Hell Winners for a Gears of War Fright Night Event. Winners will receive entry to the park, the opportunity for hands on play with Gears of War prior to release, and tickets to a private Megadeth mini concert featuring the world premier of their song 'Gears Of War'.

Go to this website https://xboxgearsofwar.onlinepromo.com/index.aspx and enter to win your chance to be there.

(Thanks Rattleheadhq.com)
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyMer 25 Oct - 20:50

MEGADETH Perform In Sydney; Video, Photos Available

MEGADETH's Gigantour 2006 trek hit the Hordern Pavilion in Sydney, Australia on Sunday, October 22nd. Video clips shot by fans at the show are available online via YouTube at this location. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=Megadeth%20sydney&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&search_category=0

Meanwhile, more photos (courtesy of GettyImages) can be found http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c72224248%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=3&tag=34 .

Megadeth are expected to release their new album, United Abominations, via Roadrunner in March, 2007. The effort will be mixed by producer Andy Sneap (NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, CRADLE OF FILTH).
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyJeu 2 Nov - 1:25

MEGADETH/Gigantour Assistant Tour Manager - "Dave Mustaine Rarely Stops And Hardly Ever Sleeps"
Megadeth 53933vu9
Tracey Wiedeman, MEGADETH/Gigantour Assistant Tour Manager, has posted the following message at the Gigantour website:

"Here we sit on a flight from Sydney, Australia to Melbourne...our last show! We have completed 25 shows in the US, four shows in Japan and off to our third show in Australia. Our Webmaster kindly asked me to complete a new journal entry for G2 a few weeks into the US tour but things had been so hectic, it's only now I have a moment to sit down and put words into writing.

However, I think my delinquency in completing this request gives me an interesting new perspective on the subject matter. Last year I wrote about our life on the road...our bus, our crew, my daily duties, etc.

This year as I reflect on the tour wondering what to write and not be boring, the one thing that continues to come to mind is the one and only Mr. Dave Mustaine. The reason is because as a fan, what most of you see is what is presented to you on stage, in videos, interviews, etc. What you don't see is the man behind the scenes who never stops working to continue to create and execute his vision for Gigantour.

This year as the Assistant Tour Manager, I rode on the band bus and what was glaringly apparent and amazing to me is that Dave Mustaine rarely stops and hardly ever sleeps. In your eyes you may see a very talented musician. In my eyes what I also saw was a very smart businessman. I saw a man who was continually on his blackberry whisking through numerous e-mails, conducting important phone calls all the while maintaining the essence of the reason we are on the road...the show itself!

This doesn't even take into account all the time being spent working on the new album United Abominations scheduled to be released approximately March 2007.

To top it all off, Dave is also a true leader. The first sign of a leader is taking the time to care. This is the core of Dave Mustaine. For instance, being a musician on the road, it's so easy to get wrapped up in yourself and your own needs and forget about everyone else. On the road as a musician, you have staff to take care of all your travel requirements, all of your transportation needs, your daily schedule, your laundry, your food, etc. etc. Most of the time all you have to do is show up at the designated time in a designated place and everything is taken care of for you. In most cases, it's easy to forget there are people around you with their own needs not being met.

I also must add that Dave is also quite the gentleman. He is one of the first to lend a hand to help me out of a vehicle, opens doors and always makes sure I walk through the doorway first. Actually, I am a lucky gal because chivalry is not dead with most of our band and crew!

So in summary:

Question: What do you get when you cross a talented metal musician and writer, a smart businessman and a true leader?

Answer: Dave Mustaine

Until our next adventure...keep the music alive!"
bru_dall

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth EmptyMar 7 Nov - 20:35

MEGADETH - UK Convention A Success
Megadeth 54363gu2
MEGADETH fans gathered together last night (November 4th) at the world famous Cavern Club in Liverpool, England for the first ever Megadeth Convention. A review from one of the coordinators is as follows:

"The first ever UK Megadeth convention was a great success. The She Wolf clan organised and planned the event. With around 150 people in attendance. Highlights included the air guitar contest. It was very difficult to judge a winner as everyone who entered was excellent. Our very own Spanish she wolf Betisa, performing her own dance routine to Sweating Bullets and Holy wars brought mad cheers of approval from the audience.

A video message was played from Dave Mustaine towards the end of the evening, which was exciting. Dave said he was sorry he couldn’t be with us, and thanked Nikki and the She Wolves. Then what better way to end the evening than with 90 minutes of Megadeth music from the number one UK Megadeth tribute band MEGEDETH. These guys were just incredible and the crowd loved them. Thanks to all the she wolves that helped to organise and plan the event. Can’t wait for next years, which will be even better! Check out the Megadeth forum for lots of pictures and reviews.

Amanda (Rockchickbabe)"

More reviews and photos are posted http://forums.megadeth.com/showthread.php?t=190925&page=22
at the Megadeth Forums.
Contenu sponsorisé

Megadeth Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Megadeth   Megadeth Empty

Megadeth
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant