Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Display 24 boosters Star Wars Unlimited – ...
Voir le deal

Def Leppard

2 participants
AuteurMessage
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyLun 31 Juil - 18:47

Tout de même moins intéressants visuellement parlant, les Def Leppard nous dévoilent éalement leur nouvelle vidéo : "Rock On".
http://www.defleppard.com/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyJeu 10 Aoû - 23:56

DEF LEPPARD - Tentative Canadian Release Date Set For Hysteria Deluxe Edition

A tentaive October 24th release in Canada has been scheduled for the forthcoming Deluxe Edition of DEF LEPPARD's Hysteria album.

As previously reported, the band will be releasing a Deluxe Edition of their all time best selling classic album Hysteria, which was originally released on August 3, 1987.

The album was recorded 1986 at Wisseloord Studios in Hilversum, Netherlands, Windmill Lane Studio 2 in Dublin, Ireland and Studio Des Dames in Paris, France with producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange.

Hysteria hit #1 on Billboard on August 22nd, 1987 and spawned a remarkable seven (!) Billboard Hot 100 hits: 'Women' (#80), 'Animal' (#19), 'Rocket' (#12), 'Hysteria' (#10), 'Armageddon It' (#3), 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' (#2) and ''Love Bites' (#1).

Hysteria has sold 18 million copies worldwide.

Stay tuned for further details.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyMar 22 Aoû - 0:26

DEF LEPPARD - '20th Century Boy' Single Released To North American Radio Today
Def Leppard T49626nn8

Today, the second single off DEF LEPPARD's latest album Yeah!, '20th Century Boy' (T. REX cover) is being released to mainstream and classic rock radio in North America. Says the band's website: "This means that you can now call your radio station and request the follow-up to 'Rock On', which reached the coveted No. 1 position on US classic rock radio and stayed there for five weeks in a row. Details on a video for the single will be posted soon."
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyVen 1 Sep - 1:01

DEF LEPPARD - Hysteria Deluxe Edition To Be Released A Week Later In North America
Def Leppard 50189qv9

As previously reported, Mercury Records is set to release DEF LEPPARD's Hysteria Deluxe Edition on October 16. That date is for Europe - the North American date is a week later: October 24th.

The double album will feature the full album remastered and a host of extras including all the Hysteria single b-sides, live b-sides and remixes together for the first time. The deluxe edition will also feature exclusive expanded booklet and artwork (including a forward by Rolling Stone senior editor David Fricke). Full tracklisting for Hysteria Deluxe Edition is as follows:

Disc One
- Hysteria Remastered:

'Women,
'Rocket',
'Animal',
'Love Bites',
'Pour Some Sugar On Me',
'Armageddon It',
'Gods Of War',
'Don't Shoot Shotgun',
'Run Riot',
'Hysteria',
'Excitable',
'Love And Affection'.

Hysteria B-Sides:
'Tear It Down',
'Ride Into The Sun' (1987 Re-Recording),
'I Wanna Be Your Hero',
'Ring Of Fire'.

Disc Two
- Hysteria Live B-Sides:
'Elected' (Live In Tilburg, Holland),
'Love And Affection' (Live In Tilburg, Holland),
'Billy's Got A Gun' (Live In Tilburg, Holland),
'Rock Af Ages' (Live In Tilburg, Holland),
'Women' (Live In Denver).

Hysteria Remixes:
'Animal (Extended Version)',
'Pour Some Sugar On Me' (Extended Version),
'Armageddon It' (The Nuclear Mix),
'Excitable'
(Orgasmic Mix),
'Rocket' (The Lunar Mix).

Hysteria B-Sides Continued:
'Release Me.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyJeu 7 Sep - 0:18

DEF LEPPARD Singer Says New Album Coming Sooner Rather Than Later

Launch Radio Networks has issued the following report from Bruce Simon:

DEF LEPPARD have been famous for taking years to make a new album, but that might not be the case for their next project.

The band was working on new material while recording their covers project Yeah!, and according to a message from lead singer Joe Elliott on the official defleppard.com website, "Although it's way too early to make promises... we're gonna try and get a new album done in time to tour in 2007."

Elliott said the band was thinking about dates in Europe, where they played earlier this year, as well as heading to Japan and Australia. The singer did caution fans that nothing was set in stone, writing "Of course, anything can change -- and lots of things probably will!!!! -- but as of right now, that's our plan."

Def Leppard recently released their cover of T. REX's '20th Century Boy' as the new single from Yeah!

The band is on tour with JOURNEY, and their next stop is tonight (Wednesday, September 6th) at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Bonner Springs, Kansas.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyJeu 7 Sep - 22:35

DEF LEPPARD's Joe Elliott: "There Are Certain Things You Have To Know When To Give Up"
Def Leppard 50607wl7

Akron Beacon Journal ( www.ohio.com ) has issued the following report from Stephanie Warsmith:

I don't think it would be an understatement to call me a die-hard DEF LEPPARD fan. I once stood in a foot of mud, sandwiched together with other fans to hear the band at Buckeye Lake Music center near Columbus. After the concert, my clothes were so filthy, I threw them out. Because of a long line of cars in the parking lot, I had to pee in a cup in the back of my friend's car, but I didn't mind.

When I heard that Def Leppard and JOURNEY - another great '80s rock band - were playing at Blossom on Tuesday, I decided this deserved a special story. I pitched the idea for a question-and-answer with Joe Elliott, Def Leppard's lead singer, to an editor and giggled with glee when he liked the idea.

I couldn't contain my silly grin on the afternoon leading up to this interview with my rock idol. Below you'll find Elliott's answers to the questions I've been waiting 26 years to ask. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Q: I heard it was your dream to be in a band called Deaf Leopard. How did you come up with this and how did it morph into the current name?

A: "When I was 13 or 14, I got a pretty good record collection. I was dithering around in art class. Because it was art, I could do what I wanted... I started doing posters for rock bands. Deaf Leopard happened to be one of my many feeble attempts to do art... I always thought it sounded good. When we got the band together, I suggested the name. Everyone except for one thought it was a good idea. Tony (Kenning) suggested the spelling change - to make it look equally good."

Q: What does "gunter glieben glauten globen" in the song 'Rock Of Ages' mean?

A: "It doesn't mean anything at all. When we were recording Pyromania, we did not have the lyrics written... (Producer Mutt Lange) on part of the clips track would give counts of where to come in with the guitar part. Instead of saying, "one, two, three, four," he started making things up. It stuck."

Q: How did you get your slashed-up jeans to look so good? When I tried to make my own they looked horrible - and landed me in trouble with my mother.

A: "The truth is, my jeans got better and better... I washed them six or seven days a week... They were unwearable by the end of the tour. I had to start wearing underwear."

Q: I saw the band once in Dayton with the round stage. How did that work out? Did it make performing difficult?

A: "We were in our mid-to late-20s - at the peak of fitness. I'm glad we did it when we did it. It was very expensive and difficult to do and not make it look choreographed. When we went to one side, we had to go to the other side. It was a balancing act... We did it again in '92. The thrill had gone. We had done it once."

Q: Do you consider yourself a hair band? Hard rock? Something else?

A: "I detest the phrase "hair band" or "hair metal." It's insulting to us. I still think there is a level of negativity attached to ''80s band'. There's always a joke that follows it... We are just a rock band. We're too pop to be metal. We're too rock to be pop. We came from the British glam scene. We have more in common with the Rolling Stones than Iron Maiden."

Q: The band has faced a lot of hardship, including the death of guitarist Steve Clark and drummer Rick Allen's car crash in which he lost an arm. What have been the band's low point and high point?

A: "The absolute low point was Steve's (death).... There's no coming back from death. Rick Allen proved there is coming back from an accident as bad as his. You can do what you did before. Rick's an inspiration.... Our ticket sales are the best since the Hysteria tour.... What we are doing now is absolutely one of the highs. It makes a mockery of how we are supposed to be this cursed band."

Q: How did the idea for your latest album of cover tunes from the '60s and '70s develop?

A: "The Yeah! album has been in the making in my head since 1983. It got shoved aside. We were making our own records.... We recorded songs that were inspirational to us as young kids, when we were pulling our parents' sleeves and saying, 'I want a guitar for Christmas, please'."

Q: Does the band have plans for another album and, if so, when and what will the theme be?

A: We are already doing new material - writing on the road. We're hoping to get a record done for next year. It will be a good, classy Def Leppard record."

Q: Did you tour with Journey in the past? How's it going this time?

A: "We never have. It's a shame because it's working so well this time. We met them a bunch of times. I went to see them in Lexington (Kentucky) in 1983. It's a joy - an absolute pleasure. My kind of tour."

Q: What's your favorite Journey tune?

A: "'Chain Reaction. I begged them to start playing it live. They're doing it now."

Q: What can we expect to hear at the Blossom concert - songs from the new album, classics or a combination?

A: "Bands like us can't take for granted that people want to be indulged by a bunch of songs they've never heard. There will be new material with classics.... We are always going to play ('Pour Some Sugar On Me') and certain other songs. We like to change things up."

Q: Will you be wearing your slashed up jeans at this concert? If so, I may try to make my own again. (Don't tell my mother.)

A: "No, I haven't worn them since 1988. There are certain things you have to know when to give up.... You can wear yours though."

I thought about this for a few seconds.

"No," I told him. "You're right. There are certain things you have to know when to give up."
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyLun 18 Sep - 16:36

DEF LEPPARD - Audio Interview With Guitarist Phil Collen Available

WRQK Canton, Ohio DJ Joe Kleon has posted the unedited interview he did with DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen recently. Portions of the interview were broadcast on September 12th. The entire chat can be downloaded at this location.. http://www.joekleon.com/defleppard.html
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyMer 20 Sep - 4:43

DEF LEPPARD Guitarist Sings Vegetarian Praises

The following report is courtesy of Terry Bunk from Market-Day.net

Legendary rock band DEF LEPPARD is enjoying critical acclaim for its 12th studio album, Yeah!, and - in the midst of a whirlwind world tour - guitarist Phil Collen took time out of his busy schedule to record a public service announcement (PSA) for PETA in which he sings the praises of a vegetarian diet.

"Not only is a vegetarian lifestyle healthier, it's better for the animals and for the environment," says Collen, who has been a vegetarian for more than 20 years. Visitors to PETA's Web site GoVeg.com can watch Collen's videotaped interview and enter a drawing to win a Fender guitar signed by Collen, which he has had with him on this current tour.

In an exclusive interview with GoVeg.com, Collen talks about how making the connection between living, breathing animals and the carved up bodies on his plate was what convinced him to forgo animal flesh once and for all.

"It started freaking me out eating dead body parts. The whole Jeffrey Dahmer fridge concept of things was weird. It started when I was a kid, but you know, you have that whole parent propaganda when they say, 'Oh no, you got to eat this, and it's OK,' and even when you go, 'Well, that chicken is kind of like...a dog,' and they go, 'Come on, eat, eat, eat your meat,' and I always felt kind of uncomfortable. And I think when I got to a certain age, when you start making choices for yourself, that's when I was like well, I am not going to do this anymore."

Collen has even raised his 16-year-old son Rory as a vegetarian. When Rory was taunted by his friends for not eating meat, Collen says, "I told him to mention that when they were eating hot dogs and burgers that they were eating assholes and eyeballs...[A]nd they were like 'Ugghh,' and they kind of got it, and so they stopped harassing him."

Collen's dietary choices have also rubbed off on Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen, who also eschews meat for ethical reasons.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptySam 30 Sep - 2:36

DEF LEPPARD Confirmed For The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Tune in to The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Friday, October 13th to seeLEPPARD DEF perform on the show. For times and channels, check your local listings or go to the show's official site here. http://ellen.warnerbros.com/.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyDim 8 Oct - 18:17

DEF LEPPARD Frontman Featured On New RACING CARS DVD

Next week, Angel Air Records will release the new live DVD by Welsh band RACING CARS, called 76-06 30th Anniversary Concert. DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott is featured in some interview footage on the DVD, but that's not where the Def Leppard connection stops: Racing Cars lead singer Morty is none other than the brother of Malvin Mortimer, Def Leppard's cook, caretaker, sixth member (and so on). For more information, contact the band at RacingCarsInfo@aol.com or visit their

MySpace page. http://www.myspace.com/welshracingcars
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyLun 16 Oct - 18:42

une video d'une prestation TV enregistrée
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCxSyKUtsIo
titi

titi

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyLun 16 Oct - 20:47

putain il a grossi rick allen !!
http://axxis-france.fr
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyMer 18 Oct - 23:59

DEF LEPPARD Joined By TIM McGRAW At Los Angeles Gig

Launch Radio Networks has issued the following report from Bruce Simon

DEF LEPPARD had a surprise guest at their show in Los Angeles on Friday (October 13th). For the encore at the Hollywood Bowl, the band welcomed country superstar TIM McGRAW to the stage, and he pitched in vocals on a version of 'Pour Some Sugar On Me'. There's no word on whether McGraw will make further appearances with Def Leppard, or whether they might return the favor at one of his concerts.

Def Leppard and JOURNEY have been on a wildly successful tour this summer and fall, and their next show is tomorrow (Thursday, October 19th) in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The groups will close things out November 19th in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Def Leppard will release a deluxe version of their 1987 album Hysteria next Tuesday (October 24th). The expanded edition, which is marking the album's 20th anniversary, comes in a two-CD package with the original album, all the single B-sides, live B-sides, remixes, and an Engelbert Humperdinck cover that has Def Leppard backing their tour manager.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyDim 22 Oct - 22:00

DEF LEPPARD Drummer's Raven Drum Foundation To Hold Three Special Auctions
Def Leppard 53352mn8

To raise money for DEF LEPPARD drummer Rick Allen's Raven Drum Foundation, three special auctions will be held the next few days. Two Jackson Dinky guitars and one leather jacket have been signed by the entire band and can be yours! The auction for the first guitar (pictured left) is already up on http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200037071134 and will end on Wednesday (October 25th). The auction for the leather jacket will start on Sunday (October 22nd), and bidding for the second guitar will start on Wednesday (October 25th). All auctions start and finish at 5.00PM (PST). For all active Raven Drum auctions, click http://www.ravendrumfoundation.org/auctions.htm .
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyMar 7 Nov - 23:30

DEF LEPPARD Classics Get Hip Hop Treatment

Last year, CMH Records released Pickin' On DEF LEPPARD, featuring 11 classic Leppard tunes stripped down and performed bluegrass style with soaring harmonies, mandolin, banjo, dobro and guitar.

Now it's time for a tribute that uses yet another style of music that's quite different from what Def Leppard songs usually sound like.

A Hip-Hop Tribute To Def Leppard contains 10 songs performed by - you guessed it - hip-hop artists.
The full tracklisting is as follows:
'Rock Of Ages',
'Pour Some Sugar On Me',
'Hysteria',
'Armageddon It',
'Rocket',
'Photograph',
'Animal',
'Bringin' On The Heartbreak',
'Let's Get Rocked'
'Women'.

For samples, or to purchase, visit Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/Hip-Hop-Tribute-Leppard-Various-Artists/dp/B000IFSG1W/sr=8-1/qid=1162836774/ref=sr_1_1/002-1479645-6939252?ie=UTF8&s=music
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyMer 22 Nov - 22:44

DEF LEPPARD Worked Hard To Match JOURNEY On Tour Posted on Def Leppard T55406 Online Rock Radio ( www.therockradio.com ) has issued the following report:

The dust is still settling from the successful tour that JOURNEY and DEF LEPPARD just finished.

The bands were together pretty much from late June until this past Sunday (November 19th), playing to sold-out crowds all across North America.

Neither band has ever been afraid to share a stage with anyone else, but Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen told us that his group had to work extra hard this time to keep up with their touring partners: "Journey really upped their game, you know, they're a great band, and then, you know, we'd have to go on after that. And, you know, if you're following 'Don't Stop Believin'', which was, like, a huge hit, and still is - you know, it's, like, one of the Top 10 downloads of last year - you (chuckles), you better be up to your game. So that just made us just raise the bar ourselves."

A rumor has been going around that Def Leppard and KISS are looking at a joint tour next year, but frontman Joe Elliott said "No, that's definitely not true", on the official defleppard.com website
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyJeu 7 Déc - 23:16

DEF LEPPARD To Appear On Syndicated Radio Show Acoustic Storm This Weekend

Def Leppard T56374 The DEF LEPPARD Satellite Of Love website ( www.defleppardsol.com ) reports:

"Def Leppard is scheduled to appear on the syndicated radio show, Acoustic Storm this weekend.

"The Acoustic Storm is a nationally syndicated radio program, featuring the best variety of acoustic-based rock. With an emphasis on acoustic guitar-driven songs, Jeff Parets presents the full spectrum of acoustic rock, including rarely heard "unplugged" versions of classic tunes in their purest form."

More details on Acoustic Storm at this location.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyMer 20 Déc - 22:26

DEF LEPPARD - Dollar Bills From 1999 New Year's Eve Gig Up On eBay

Def Leppard T56815 DEF LEPPARD site Satellite Of Love are reporting that the Def Leppard dollar bills made famous from the 1999 New Years Eve concert in Illinois are being sold on eBay.
All six bills are available at a current bid of $9.95.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyMar 2 Jan - 22:59

DEF LEPPARD "To Finish A New Album In The First Half Of 2007"

DEF LEPPARD singer Joe Elliott and guitarists Vivian Campbell and Phil Collen have revealed their New Year's resolutions for 2007:

Joe: "My new year's resolutions? Pfew! Guess you have to make them..... Stop biting my nails, don't drink as much, watch my football team win the Premiership..... No, seriously, it would be to try and make a fuckin' great record!" (For an additional audio message from Joe, click here)

Phil: "Merry Christmas, happy holidays and all the best for 2007 for everyone! And, here's a kind of resolution: we're going to try and get an album recorded and finished in 2007. That'll be a new one for us!"

Viv: "Season's greetings and best wishes to all Leppard fans across the globe! Wherever you are, we wish you a peaceful holiday and a great new year ahead! And speaking of the new year, here are my resolutions for 2007: firstly, I really, really want to unpack my suitcase and feel like I'm not traveling - at least for a little while. Secondly, I intend to keep the band beholding to our earlier agreement to finish a new album in the first half of 2007. The naysayers don't believe that we can do it, but we'll prove them wrong. There's much excitement and anticipation about the album, too, as I believe that we'll actually make a better record through working to a deadline rather than having the usual open-ended arrangement. Look forward to seeing you all next year!"
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyMer 3 Jan - 1:51

DEF LEPPARD Frontman Prefers ELTON To SABBATH

The following report is courtesy of Steve Baltin from Aolmusicnewsblog.com :

The past year saw DEF LEPPARD rocking like it was the mid-'80s, selling out arenas across the country. Now the band plans to take that momentum into 2007 with a new album. "We're hoping to get started around January and get it finished by the end of the summer," frontman Joe Elliott tells AOL Music.

As for what has influenced Elliott of late, some of his responses may be a surprise, even after last year's successful Yeah! collection of covers. "There's a great Irish band called THE ANSWER," he says. "I've got high hopes for them because they're like the new FREE, or they could be. I'm also looking forward to listening to the new MUSE album because I've just got to the point of having heard the one from 2003 enough to go, 'OK, this is FREDDIE MERCURY joining RADIOHEAD.'"

If those answers surprise you, Elliott thinks they shouldn't. "I'm always going to be ELTON JOHN more than BLACK SABBATH, I'm afraid," he says. "Melody is my thing. People laugh at MCCARTNEY, but I thought this last solo album was fantastic.' Having not totally turned his back on the rock, Elliott is also enamoured of THE ROLLING STONES' latest, A Bigger Bang. "It's their best album since 'Tattoo You,'" he says. "I like nice, good, chunky rock 'n' roll. I just wish somebody else would write songs like 'Tie Your Mother Down.' I want to hear a bunch of songs like that. Maybe they'll be on our next album."
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyVen 12 Jan - 1:24

DEF LEPPARD Updates: Ross Haflin Shares Steve Clark Story; Band Joins Forces With Brilliant Stages; Joe Elliott To Appear On New MONTROSE Album

The following DEF LEPPARD updates courtesy of The Def Leppard Satellite Of Love site:

Ross Halfin Shares Steve Clark Story...

A new story about former Def Leppard guitarist Steve Clark appears in the January 8th entry of photographer Ross Halfin's website diary. In his follow-up entry for January 9th, Halfin adds some perspective on the late Steve Clark, who passed away 16 years ago in his London apartment from an overdose mixture of alcohol and painkillers.

"Steve was a drunk and a drug addict. What about the band he let down? Never mind all this "Poor Steve" bullshit, he had everyone trying to help him and he didn't give a fuck. That's a fact."

Def Leppard Uses Brilliant Stages...

Brilliant Stages, a company that specializes in stage set fabrication and uses Pneumatics Technology effects, lists Def Leppard as one of their clients.

"In the entertainment sector, its clients include the Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, U2, Elton John, Sting, Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Pink Floyd, Tina Turner and Dire Straits."

Joe Elliott To Appear On New MONTROSE Album...

Def Leppard Singer Joe Elliott will appear on the new upcoming Montrose album titled, 10x10. The 10 song album will feature singers Sammy Hagar, Eric Martin, Peter Frampton, Edgar Winter and others. The album is set for release early in 2007.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyMar 13 Fév - 19:42

DEF LEPPARD Frontman An Inspiration To THE ALMIGHTY's Ricky Warwick

The DEF LEPPARD Satellite Of Love website ( www.defleppardsol.com ) report that according to an interview with Victoria Holdsworth published at the leedsmusicscene.net website., THE ALMIGHTY singer Ricky Warwick lists Def Leppard singer Joe Elliott as a "favourite artist to work with".

"I think Joe Elliot from Def Leppard because he's a great friend and was a big inspiration to me and I've learnt a lot from him. To work with someone who has had that much success, and for him to help me as much as he has, has been fantastic."

Check out the interview at this location.
bru_dall

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard EmptyLun 5 Mar - 19:20

DEF LEPPARD Frontman Talks About Forthcoming Album

DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott has issued the following update:

"Let's talk a little about the next album. We've been writing while on tour, really. At most shows, we did have this room set up backstage that we called the "Sparkle Lounge," where we were trying new ideas out, record little bits. Our initial plan was to get it finished in May, which would make a possible August release and then do some European shows, followed by other places, but I'm not sure anymore if we'll able to do that anymore!

As for the musical direction..... It will probably not be too far away from where we've always been, but looking at where everybody's head is right now, it's definitely gonna be an album like Yeah!. You know, up-tempo, three-minute songs. Not as experimental as, say, X was. Which was a bit of hip-hop here, a bit of straight up rock 'n roll there..... Sav's (Rick Savage) got a great song that sounds a lot like GARY GLITTER meets U2 meets Leppard, and I've got this song which sounds like AC/DC during their Let There Be Rock-period. You know, daaaaw-deh-deddle-deddle-dee-daaaaaw, that kind of thing, with the vocals like this [hums vocal line], almost like 'Rock And Roll' by LED ZEPPELIN.....meets AC/DC! Full-on rock.

And then Phil's got this song, and Vivian want to sit down with me to finish this other song..... You know, we've got a lot of ideas. Some of them are even 10 or 15 years old, but weren't used earlier because only now we feel we can use them.

To record an album in four or five months, which we are set to do, is not hard. AC/DC's Back In Black was done in five months. Led Zeppelin II took two days to record! See, nobody is ever gonna sell 15 million records again, so what's the point in trying to. All we want to do is to make sure there's at least three or four songs on the album that are absolutely top notch, and the other six have got to be really really good, but they don't have to be hit singles, the kind of classics that you hear on the radio. With any hit album, there's three songs that everybody knows - on Pyromania for example, we had Foolin', 'Photograph' and 'Rock Of Ages'. The pop-buying audience doesn't know any of the other songs on the album, because they're not played on the radio. Our fans know them, of course, but the average radio listener doesn't.

So, that's the plan, but as always.....things might, and most likely, WILL change! We're only at the beginning, so anything can happen.....!"
Contenu sponsorisé

Def Leppard Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Def Leppard   Def Leppard Empty

Def Leppard
Page 1 sur 1