Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-35%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Smartphone Samsung Galaxy A25 6,5″ 5G + Casque Bluetooth JBL
241 € 371 €
Voir le deal

NIKKI SIXX

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyLun 14 Mai - 23:21

NIKKI SIXX - Exhausted In Bed

NIKKI SIXX 66008

MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist NIKKI SIXX issued the following blog earlier today:

"The weekend is here and I lay here in bed exhausted and extremely content. I've never been afraid to work hard because I don't consider anything you truly love to ever be work. So much music is flowing these days. James (Michael) is mixing Heroin Diaries, me and DJ (Ashba) are popping back and forth from James' studio to ours, little fix ups, add ons and musical updates. DJ and myself worked with Chris from Trapt yesterday (a very talented motherfucker) as James was finishing a vocal on 'Accidents Can Happen' (one of the most powerful songs any of us have ever had the pleasure of writing).

Speaking for James, DJ and myself... thanks so much for all the adds and interest in the music to The Heroin Diaries on MySpace. But I think in all due respect, we can do better than "you rock" or "thanks for the add" or "I love you" etc. I mean, it's 2007 and we tend to communicate more through email, text messages and message boards these days, so let's amplify our feelings. Let's express how stuff really connects or doesn't connect for us. It's like a surface message, where it may feel fluffy and nice, you really need to dig in and pull the muscle off the bone to truly feel something... almost therapeutic. Let's discuss, debate and express... how does the lyric connect to you, the image move you and the idea of addiction (or non-addiction) play out in your head? We have the finger tips, just connect it to your mind and type, don't edit and don't be afraid. Opinions are like (well you know the saying) and I have one too... Now just to contradict everything I just said, I love you for loving this but I won't hate you if you don't, but I think if you really open up... you'll see those are both the same thing... an emotion. And that's important... to feel, that's living."

As previously reported, the first single from The Heroin Diaries, 'Life Is Beautiful' is currently streaming at MySpace.com/HeroinDiaries and MySpace.com/NikkiSixx.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyDim 20 Mai - 23:05

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist Nikki Sixx To Premiere 'Life Is Beautiful' Video On Tuesday

On Tuesday, May 22, MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx and UGO.com will premiere the video for 'Life Is Beautiful'. This is the first single from The Heroin Diaries soundtrack, which hits stores on August 21. The song is performed by Nikki Sixx, DJ Ashba , and James Michael who are collectively known as SIXX:A.M.

The Heroin Diaries CD is a precursor to Sixx’s autobiography of the same name, which arrives September 25. The album’s 12 tracks each match up with one chapter in the book; Life Is Beautiful can be streamed from the book’s MySpace.com page.

The Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star offers an unflinching and utterly gripping look at Sixx’s descent into drug addiction with a soundtrack, featuring James Michael and DJ Ashba to match.

According to a press release, "few bands were as influential as Mötley Crüe in making the 1980s the heavy metal decade. Theirs is a cyclonic story of runaway success and its price, blending outrageous record sales and arena headline tours with smashed up cars, jail sentences, models, drugs, breakups, reunions and more breakups.

In this candid memoir, Nikki Sixx - Mötley Crüe’s bassist and main songwriter - recounts the band’s heyday. The Heroin Diaries takes readers along on one of the most breathless and harrowing roller coaster rides in the history of pop music. At its heart lies the author’s nightmare come true: a punishing heroin addiction that brought him and the band to the edge of losing much more than just their spot on the charts. Serving up snapshots of rock culture at its most manic, this insider’s look at triumph and tragedy is every bit as explosive as the musical odyssey it chronicles.

Nikki Sixx was born Frank Feranna in San Jose, California, in 1958 and grew up in Seattle with his grandmother. At the age of seventeen, he sold his guitars and took a bus to Los Angeles, where he began hanging out in local clubs and playing in bands. He founded Mötley Crüe in 1981 with friend Tommy Lee. Today he’s a family man with numerous projects in the works, including songwriting for other artists, a movie, a new band, a clothing line, and ongoing work with the CRÜE.

The Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star will come out through MTV Books/Simon & Schuster. The accompanying original concept soundtrack will be released by Eleven Seven Music and distributed by ADA, with a portion of proceeds donated to Nikki’s Running Wild in the Night, a fundraising initiative for Covenant House. The book is a tell-all covering 12 months in Sixx’s battle against addiction, drawn from Nikki’s 1986 and ‘87 journals, and reportedly makes Crüe's celebrated Dirt, now being made into a motion picture, sound like Mary Poppins."
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyDim 1 Juil - 23:45

NIKKI SIXX Hd1

Sixx:A.M. Heroin Diaries Soundtrack Pre-Orders Are BACK!

Sixx:A.M is here!The new album featuring Nikki Sixx, DJ Ashba,and James Michael. As an exclusive to Swagrox, Pre-order the CD today and get a free download of the band's first single Life Is Beautiful. (Acoustic Track)

Product Description
1-X-Mas in Hell
2-Van Nuys
3-Life is Beautiful
4-Pray for Me
5-Tomorrow
6-Accidents Can Happen
7-Intermission
8-Dead Mans Ballet
9-Heart Failure
10-Girl With Golden Eyes
11-Courtesy Call
12-Permission
13-Life After Death
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyLun 16 Juil - 20:07

SIXX:A.M. Launch Official Website

NIKKI SIXX T70032 The project SIXX:A.M., featuring MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx, DJ Ashba, and James Michael have launched their official website here.

Sixx: A.M. provides the epic soundtrack to Sixx book Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star, which is due out on September 18th via MTV/VH1 Pocket Books, a division of Simon & Schuster.

Sixx: A.M.'s first concert will take place this Monday, July 16th at 9AM at 1024 S. Grand in Los Angeles, California.

bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyMar 17 Juil - 23:05

SIXX:A.M. - Press Conference Photos Available

NIKKI SIXX 70226

The MÖTLEY CRÜE website has been updated with a batch of SIXX:A.M. press conference photos, which can be viewed at this location.

The project Sixx:A.M., featuring Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx, DJ Ashba, and James Michael have launched their official website here.

Sixx: A.M. provides the epic soundtrack to Sixx book Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star, which is due out on September 18th via MTV/VH1 Pocket Books, a division of Simon & Schuster.

Sixx: A.M.'s first concert took place Monday (July 16th) at 9AM in Los Angeles, California.
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptySam 28 Juil - 13:30

SIXX:A.M. - 'Pray For Me' Streaming Now

NIKKI SIXX T70832 SIXX:A.M. is the new band featuring Nikki Sixx from MÖTLEY CRÜE along with DJ Ashba and James Michael. The band invites fans to click here and listen to a brand new song, 'Pray For Me'.

'Pray For Me' comes from The Heroin Diaries soundtrack, which will hit stores August 21st. Following that on September 18th, the book of the same name, chronicling Nikki's struggle with heroin, will be released.

bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyMar 31 Juil - 18:14

NIKKI SIXX - First Video Clip In New Podcast Series Available

NIKKI SIXX T71010 Nikki Sixx (MÖTLEY CRÜE / SIXX: AM) has issued the first clip in a new video podcast series for his book, The Heroin Diaries. Check out Sixx speaking on what it was like to transform his diary entries into music here.

As previously reported, the brand new Sixx: AM song 'Pray For Me' is available for streaming here and listen to a brand new song,.

'Pray For Me' comes from The Heroin Diaries soundtrack, which will hit stores August 21st. Following that on September 18th, the book of the same name, chronicling Nikki's struggle with heroin, will be released.

bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyMar 21 Aoû - 22:25

MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx Talks The Heroin Diaries Book/Soundtrack, Sex On Drugs, More; Audio Interview Available

Tori Thomas, Program Director of Allentown, Pennsylvania station WZZO, recently did a phone interview with MÖTLEY CRÜE/SIXX: A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx.

Says Tori, "Obviously he talked about his forthcoming book, The Heroin Diaries and The Heroin Diaries soundtrack by Sixx: A.M., but he also shared a bit about his sex life during the heroin years!"

Check out the interview at this location.
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyMar 28 Aoû - 1:57

MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx: "I Have A Hard Time Imagining How Life Would Of Been Without (Music)"

MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx recently spoke with www.glamMetal.com correspondent Deb Rao about how he hopes his work with Covenant House and his fundraising initiative program that he has launched called Running Wild In The Night will make a difference in helping saves children’s lives and enable them to have a better opportunity to reach their goals in life.

Covenant House provides services in 21 cities, 15 in the U.S., to homeless and runaway youth, including advocacy, health care, education, vocational preparation, drug abuse treatment and prevention programs, legal services, recreation, transitional living programs, street and community outreach and aftercare.

The following is an excerpt from the interview:

Q: What do you hope that fans will learn about the addiction from reading your book, Heroin Diaries?

A: "My hope is it both paints a picture of not just the addiction, but how we can get there and the recovery part too. The whole picture is important. If someone is struggling, or has someone in their life that is."

Q: Do you feel that music saved your life?

A: "For me Yes, 100%. I have a hard time imagining how life would of been without it. Today, it's not just music, but when I was in those years between 13 - 26, it was the only thing I had that gave me hope."

Q: How important is it to have music programs in schools today? Tell us about the proceeds from the book that will got to Covenant House and help establish a fund for the children to have music in their lives.

A: "Music, arts, and all creative programs are very important in my opinion. Not only in life, but also in our school systems. Covenant House is not so much a school, but an outreach program for at risk youth. When they bring these kids off the street and start getting to the core issues dealing with it all. They have had to endure, then the recovery part starts and a creative outlet for them to plug into is what we're creating. My goal is to bring awareness and income to Covenant House. So these programs being set up will be in place for years and years to come and maybe, just maybe One (hopefully more) kids will stick out the Covenant House program and get back on their feet and have an opportunity to do something positive with their life... Maybe changing someone else's life in return and so on and so on."

Read the full story at this location.
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyMer 29 Aoû - 22:28

MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx To Be Featured Speaker At The 18th Annual National Alcohol And Drug Addiction Recovery Month Luncheon

NIKKI SIXX T72758 MÖTLEY CRÜE founding member Nikki Sixx whose brutally honest upcoming book The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star (due September 18th from MTV Pocket Books/Simon & Schuster) chronicles his battles with drug addiction and his road to recovery, will be a featured speaker at the 18th Annual National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month luncheon on Capitol Hill, September 6th. He is the first rock star to speak at this event - a particularly ironic distinction since he was once one of the wildest men in rock.

NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals invited Sixx to share his story at this national forum alongside Terry Cline, Ph.D, Administrator, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and H. Westley Clark, MD, JD, MPH, Director, SAMHSA Center for Substance Abuse Treatment.

The Heroin Diaries, and accompanying CD, The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack, (released August 21st via Eleven Seven Music) offers insight into Sixx's self- destruction with substance abuse, and his subsequent freedom from addiction. The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack, written and produced by Sixx: A.M. (Sixx, James Michael and DJ Ashba), was inspired by haunting diary entries that became The Heroin Diaries. Although the album was not intended for radio, the lead single, "Life Is Beautiful" is already in the top 20 on the rock radio charts.

Twenty-five percent of the book's profits go to "Running Wild In The Night" -- Sixx's fundraising initiative for Covenant House California, which helps keep runaway, abused and abandoned youth off the streets.
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptySam 15 Sep - 14:39

MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx - Final Installment Of The Heroin Diaries Podcast Available

NIKKI SIXX T73773 MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx finally realized that life is beautiful. In the final installment of the Heroin Diaries Podcast, Nikki explains that he is living the happy ending that is described in his new book that hits shelves on September 18th. Working with the SIXX:A.M. team of James Michael and DJ Ashba, Nikki feels that they could keep the creative process going. On September 18th, with the release of The Heroin Diaries book, Nikki's story of addiction will come to and end, but his story of recovery is something he will deal with for the rest of his life. Check out the final installment of The Heroin Diaries Podcast
here.

Previous episodes can be found here:
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyLun 22 Oct - 1:22

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist Nikki Sixx On SIXX: A.M. - "We Don't Have Any Plans To Tour"

NIKKI SIXX T76079 MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has issued the following update:

"SIXX: A.M. band rehearsals are sounding great. It's our first concert (Salt Lake City, Utah's Halloween Havoc 2007 on Thursday, October 25th at The E-Center) and we don't have too long to play (I think 40 minutes) and had to break in a new drummer. As you all know we don't have a drummer, its just me, James (Michael - vocals/guitar) and DJ (Ashba - guitar), so we use whoever is available for live or videos. We do it all ourselves when recording. I've been asked a lot if we do any Crüe live and at this time I feel we should stand on our own and not rely on anybody's music but our own.

We don't have any plans to tour, so this is exciting for us to do this one show. I know KORN is headlining and it will be nice to hang with them…they're good guys. After the show I have book signings in Vancouver, Seattle and San Francisco and then back home.

The book is still on the New York Times Best Seller list and our single is top five now. Feels so nice to step away from my past and focus on the future with my best friends……..what a gift. Thanks for all the comments and support. Happy Halloween."
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptySam 1 Déc - 0:12

SIXX: A.M. Xmas E-Card Available

NIKKI SIXX 78540

SIXX: A.M. - the project featuring MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx, DJ Ashba, and James Michael - have issued a Xmas e-card at =this location.

Sixx: A.M. provide the epic soundtrack to Sixx' book Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star, which was released on September 18th via MTV/VH1 Pocket Books, a division of Simon & Schuster.

bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptySam 22 Déc - 16:16

NIKKI SIXX - "Thank You All For The Support"

NIKKI SIXX T80070 NIKKI SIXX has issued the following Holiday update:

"I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Holiday. 2007 is about gone and 2008 is gonna be great. Thank you all for the interest, support and loyalty in everything I've been creative in....

..............let me leave you with a prayer I came up with........

God please forgive me for all the evil I have done and some of what I'm about to do too.

See ya next year."

Nikki Sixx

As previously reported, Sixx recently spoke to Boston writer Deb Rao about his 2007 Year in Reflection and release of SIXX A.M.'s latest video,'Accidents Can Happen'.

Nikki comments: "I really love the 'Accidents Can Happen' video there is so much open space to the feel of it. This video feels fresh to me. We wanted to shift the visual from how this project started with the first video to a cleaner video. We went for a look that wasn't so much about the video but about the fact that we are a band and also to let the song be the most important part of the presentation.

It was important working with Paul Brown, (who did the art for the book) to have the video look, smell, and feel like the book. This is a body of work and it's important to us that the theme stays the same throughout. Paul is to me one of the future's brightest stars and darkest souls. He's amazing. As you will see, from the whole concept.

I'm very proud of the fact that our album is a soundtrack to a book. As far as I knew that has never been done before and it called for a different creative focus. I know I speak for James and DJ too when I say to have single touch so many people as well is more than we ever expected.

The Heroin Diaries chapter of my life has been closed for me personally for years now, but seeing it effect others that are like minded or have extended relationships has been very impactful (in a positive way) to my life. It has also opened a lot of doors because of the effect it has had on people. People and organizations whose doors were firmly shut to me before the book and album came out".

bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptySam 29 Déc - 14:03

NIKKI SIXX - "A Human Being Thinking He Is A God Is Not A Good Way To Start"

NIKKI SIXX T80354 Robbin Eggar at The Daily Mail recently filed a report on MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx' new book, The Heroin Diaries. Several quotes from the book appear at this location. Following are two of the excerpts:

Sixx:
"Being in a rock band gives you licence to do anything. Whatever you do is rubber-stamped by the industry. I can't take any of those times back, nor would I, because I had some really good times. There were moments when I wanted to stop but the drugs were always there."

"I used to think I was a god. No wonder I was messed up. A human being thinking he is a god is not a good way to start. If you believe there is something else out there you end up in a place of humility. Humility is the ultimate place to live. It keeps my sobriety, my family and all my decisions safe. If there is any time left I'm willing to be in a rock band, have a clothing company, maybe carve out a little personal time. Back then it was all about me."
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptySam 12 Jan - 14:49

NIKKI SIXX - The Heroin Diaries Hardcover Back In Stock, Limited Number Of BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION Shirts Available

NIKKI SIXX T81207 MÖTLEY CRÜE / SIXX A.M.'s Nikki Sixx has updated his official website. The Heroin Diaries hardcover version is back in stock at his online shop, and he has a few leftover BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION shirts for sale. Go to this location to check them out.
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptySam 19 Jan - 19:44

NIKKI SIXX Schedules NAMM Signings

NIKKI SIXX 81519

MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx has scheduled autograph signing sessions at this year's winter NAMM show, which takes place January 18th - 20th at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.

Nikki will be signing autographs at the following booths: Ovation Guitars, Basson Sound, Dean Markley Strings.

Also appearing at NAMM this weekend will be Mötley Crüe's Mick Mars and SIXX: A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba.

For complete information on NAMM 2008 go to this location.
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyMer 30 Jan - 19:48

NIKKI SIXX: "10 Songs Done For The New CRÜE Album So Far"

MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has issued the following update:

"10 songs done for the new Crüe album so far. I'm very proud of the songs, I think we're onto some of the better songs we've had in years... time will tell of course.

A couple of song titles on the Crüe album are called 'A Scar On Hollywood Blvd.', and 'The Saints Of Los Angeles'. As it's been leaked out before, this is no surprise... but the album is called The Dirt and lyrically follows the story of the Mötley Crüe bestseller "The Dirt".

It's challenging and exciting to have to write songs into time capsules spreading over years... I've written a lot of songs with Mick Mars, of course along with James Michael, Marti Frederickson and DJ Ashba... the chemistry in the studio as we're writing is unbelievable. I look forward to leaking some to you all in the next few months.

I haven't gotten anything tattooed in years except "Tag Here" on my toe... I think it's time to step in up, I'm feeling the itch. Kat's gonna do one probably this weekend. I've been wanting to get "Los Angeles" tattooed on me for ages and then the other day I noticed Kat has it on her left shoulder. We both have had so much happen in our lives in this city, why not make it permanent. The band started it here, I've died here, had kids, married and divorced here... my life is "Los Angeles"...

Proudly not smoking still, and still sober 7 years this July... Amazing the decisions you make when you think of others first... and you get that by becoming selfless and that is a huge part of getting to the core of your issues...

What a fucking great year... I can feel it in my bones."
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyDim 22 Juin - 14:31

NIKKI SIXX Checks In From Montréal - "Just Get Me On Stage Already..."

NIKKI SIXX T91960 MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has checked in from Montréal, Quebec, where the band is due headline the second day (June 22nd) of the Heavy MTL Festival being held at Parc Jean-Drapeau.

"What’s up! Sitting here in my hotel room in Montréal Canada, just got in from Los Angeles. I was thinking how Mötley hasn't played a show together in awhile. Yes, we've played our press conference, recorded the new album and of course just got done rehearsing for this upcoming tour, but there is there is always those first gig mishaps, and I guess its always a bit nerve racking until you get one under your belt.

So tomorrow seems like a million years from now, just get me on stage already…

Hey, I don't know if any of you saw us last night on Larry King or not, but it was a blast. His show was one of those things on my list of things to do…so check off another goal? Behind the scene's he is a really funny, nice guy. Sometimes you meet people who exceed your expectations….

Thanks Larry...

Tuesday our album comes out and were gonna be on David Lettermen. If I was you, I wouldn't miss this one…enuff said….Smile"

Mötley Crüe on Larry King Live

http://www.cnn.com/

Saints Of Los Angeles will be released on June 24th via Eleven Seven Music/Universal Music Canada and will feature the following tracks in this order:
'L.A.M.F.',
'Face Down In The Dirt',
'What's It Gonna Take',
'Down At The Whiskey',
'Saints Of Los Angeles' (Gang Vocal),
'Mother Fucker Of the Year',
'The Animal In Me',
'Welcome To The Machine',
'Just Another Psycho',
'Chicks = Trouble',
'This Ain't A Love Song',
'White Trash Circus',
'Goin' Out Swingin'.
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyMar 8 Juil - 10:58

MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx - "All The Good And All The Bad Of Touring"

NIKKI SIXX T92809 MÖTLEY CRÜE / SIXX:A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx has issued the following update:

"All the good and all the bad of touring has kicked in the last few days. I'm not one to complain about it as much as just point out the facts... both good and bad of course. Katherine (Von D) was out for the first few shows and we had the best time ever. It was her first time seeing me in tour mode. She's seen the songs and the whole show come together, but to see it living and breathing live onstage is entirely different and of course pretty exciting for us to share together. I have to say, my sides hurt from laughing from hanging out together. And of course we tattooed and did photos too (duh). She starts filming season three of L.A. Ink today and I know this is gonna be the best season out of all of them... just watch and see. Now the bad news, seeing each other is gonna be hard with both of our schedules, but we both wanted a partner with their own career, so this is flip side to that...

All the bands drove in from Virginia Beach to NYC last night. I had a hard time sleeping 'cause of all the people I love and miss swirling around in my brain. Anybody who knows me, knows my kids, my grandfather, Katherine and my short list of dear friends are everything to me. So being far away from them is the part of touring I dislike the most. The good news is my kids will start coming out to hang really soon, so that will be a blast. I miss them so much. This summer is gonna be like a rock n roll road trip for all of us. The other good thing is James (Michael), DJ (Ashba) and myself are all on one bus. So I have them to hang with too. We're already writing the next Sixx:A.M. album.

More upside news is that our very first Crüe Fest has been kicking major ass. Crowds have been insane and singing every song from every band. Besides a huge thank you to the fans, I have to say it took us all by surprise that Mötley's album (Saints Of Los Angeles) debuted Top 5 and the reviews have been so good. It's hard to be the underdog when so many people are supporting you... haha.

Not much to say other than thank you for letting me do what it is I love to do... for you.

Nikki"
bru_dall

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX EmptyMar 2 Sep - 22:38

MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx Speaks Out For National Recovery Month

NIKKI SIXX T95974 The following story is courtesy of Christa Titus from Billboard.com:

Last September, Nikki Sixx's harrowing memoir of addiction, The Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star, debuted at No. 7 on the New York Times Book Review nonfiction best-seller list. The book's companion album, The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack (Eleven Seven Music), is also a success, having landed the No. 2 Hot Mainstream Rock hit 'Life Is Beautiful' and top 30 song 'Pray For Me'.

A year later, reception for Diaries is still warm. The MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist recently received a Prism Award from the Entertainment Industries Council that commended his accurate portrayal of addiction on the album. New single 'Tomorrow', which is being worked to radio, was recently selected by NAADAC, the Assn. for Addiction Professionals, as one of the themes for National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month.

Sixx remains hot on the topic of recovery and is considering other methods to help spread awareness about National Recovery Month and the Mental Health Parity Act, which provides parity between health insurance coverage of mental health benefits and benefits for medical and surgical services.

"Here we are a year later and [I'm thinking], 'What can I talk about, what can I say that will make people that are in recovery want to stand up and support Recovery Month?'" he says. "A friend of mine said, 'You know, the fact that you did a really honest book and it changed people's lives, that's something to talk about.' It's a year later and the book is still selling, and it's still changing people's lives."

Read more here.
Contenu sponsorisé

NIKKI SIXX Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIKKI SIXX   NIKKI SIXX Empty

NIKKI SIXX
Page 1 sur 1