Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-14%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Pro – 6,67″ 8 Go/256 Go, Noir
174.99 € 202.67 €
Voir le deal

PAUL STANLEY (kiss )

2 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
AuteurMessage
bru_dall

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) Empty
MessageSujet: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyLun 14 Aoû - 21:27

PAUL STANLEY : "Live To Win ".

le nouvel album solo du co-leader de KISS PAUL STANLEY - sortira le 3 octobre chez Hip-O / Universal. A noter que Desmond Child figure dans les crédits des nouveaux titres, de même que Andreas Carlsson et John 5.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyLun 14 Aoû - 21:28

KISS' PAUL STANLEY - More Washburn Guitar Details Revealed

As previously reported, KISS' Paul Stanley has announced his return to Washburn Guitars/U.S. Music, where he will create an extensive line of guitars, musical instruments and accessories under a signature series. The line of electric guitars include the following pieces:

PS800: http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/ps/ps800.aspx (price TBA - “Top of the line, made in the Washburn USA Custom Shop! Designed by Paul and currently his main axe.”)

PS80:
http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/ps/ps80.aspx ($499.90 - “The Paul Stanley Designed PS80 comes in a full color Collectible Carton including an Exclusive Paul Stanley Photograph, Custom Paul Stanley Gig Bag, Signature Guitar Strap and 3 Paul Stanley Signature Guitar Picks.”)

PS400G series:
http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/ps/ps400g.aspx ($699.90 each - consisting of 4 guitars “in a series of graphic guitars designed by Paul. Each guitar comes with a puzzle piece that, when fitted together, completes a unique Paul Stanley poster. Get all 4 guitars to complete the puzzle.”)

There’s also a line of acoustic guitars, designed by Paul. The Paul Stanley Series of Collector’s Edition Signature Acoustic Guitars currently features the PS9 ($ 349) and PS11 ($ 499). Both guitars come in a collectible full color guitar carton and include a custom Paul Stanley gig bag. You can view them here. http://www.washburn.com/products/acoustics/ps/index.aspx

( Thanks KISSKollector.com )
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyLun 14 Aoû - 21:32

PAUL STANLEY - KISS Army Australia Reveals Lyrics For 'Live To Win'

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 49240qr9

The Forum section of the KISS Army Australia website (www.kissarmyaustralia.com) has been updated to exclusively reveal the lyrics to PAUL STANLEY's new track 'Live To Win', which is also the title of the KISS frontman's upcoming solo album.

'Live To Win' lyrics...

Frustrated, degraded, down before you're done
Rejection, depression, can't get what you want
You ask me how I make my way
You ask me everywhere and why
You hang on every word I say
But the truth sounds like a lie

(chorus)
Live to win, 'till you die, 'till the light dies in your eyes
Live to win, take it all, just keep fighting till you fall

Obsessive, compulsive, suffocate your mind
Confusion, delusions, kill your dreams in time
You ask me how I took the pain
Crawled up from my lowest low
Step by step and day by day
'Till there's one last breath to go

(chorus)
Live to win, 'till you die, 'till the light dies in your eyes
Live to win, take it all, just keep fighting till you fall

Day by day, kickin' all the way, I'm not cavin' in
Let another round begin, live to win
Yeah, live, yeah, win

(solo)

(chorus)
Llive to win, 'till you die, 'till the light dies in your eyes
Live to win, take it all, just keep fighting 'till you fall

Day by day, kickin' all the way, I'm not cavin' in
Let another round begin, live to win
Live to win
Live to win
Yeah, live, yeah, win

As previously reported, KISSOnline.com recently issued the following update in regards to Live To Win:

"Paul's new CD will be released in October via Universal Music. This photo and track listing have been appearing on the internet recently. The photo is from a shoot Paul did for the CD.

Tracklisting may change order on the actual release: 'Live To Win', 'Wake Up Screaming', 'Lift', 'Everytime I See You Around', 'Bulletproof', 'All About You', 'Second To None', 'It's Not Me', 'Loving You Without You', 'Where Angels Dare'.

KISSOnline will have a lot of exciting Paul Stanley news in the upcoming months and will post all confirmed details as soon as possible.

Stay tuned..."

BW&BK sources revealed that Live To Win will hit the streets on October 3rd (tentative) via the Hip-O/Universal label.

More details to follow.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyMer 16 Aoû - 18:26

PAUL STANLEY - Official New Album Details Revealed; Club Tour Planned!
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) T49339dm2

According to KISSOnline.com, New Door Records/Universal Musical Enterprises have announced the October 24th release of Live To Win, the solo release from iconic KISS frontman PAUL STANLEY. KISSOnline.com has issued the following update:

Stripping all the legendary bombast away, what becomes starkly clear is that besides rocking relentlessly, the power of human emotion and conviction on Live To Win can rattle not only the walls, but also touch the heart and soul of the listener. “What I wanted to do on this album was sing about my life because my life is not that different than anybody else’s,” he continues. “The truth is, what we all deal with in life is pretty similar. You change the names and the story’s the same.”

“This album is purely a labor of love,” says Stanley. “It is a labor of passion, and something where I was concerned with turning out the album I heard in my head, without regard for having glitz and star power from other sources. It was purely about making the album I wanted to make.” While the heartfelt 'Loving You Without You Now' was written without any outside collaboration, the remainder of the album reunites him with former KISS songwriting partners Desmond Child (AEROSMITH, LEEANN RIMES) and Holly Knight (TINA TURNER, PAT BENATAR), and introduces new collaborators including Andreas Carlsson (BON JOVI, BRITNEY SPEARS), John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON) and Marti Frederiksen (Aerosmith, Faith Hill). Seven of the ten tracks were co-written with Child and/or Carlsson, with Stanley and Child joined by John 5 on 'Where Angels Dare' and Frederiksen on 'Lift', and Knight teaming with the frontman on 'It’s Not Me'.

Live to Win is self-produced by Stanley, who provides lead vocals, guitar and percussion alongside a studio core of guitarist Corky James (AVRIL LAVIGNE, THE MATRIX), drummer Victor Indrizzo (BECK, MACY GRAY) and keyboardist Harry Sommerdahl (CARRIE UNDERWOOD, LINDSAY LOHAN). Also performing on the album are former KISS bandmate BRUCE KULICK and guitarist John 5.

“I’ve always believed that when you give somebody an album, it should be like a fresh newspaper, where you get ink on your fingers and it’s today’s news,” says Stanley, who wrote and co-wrote the ten tracks on Live to Win specifically for the new release. “For me, this album is where I’m at now — This is where things are in my life, and my perspective on my music.

Stanley is planning a North American club tour to coincide with the release of the album.
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 2psltwcover1qe9

As reported by KISSKollector.com, the tracklisting for Live To Win is as follows:

'Live To Win' (Paul Stanley/Desmond Child/Andreas Carlsson) - 3:07
'Lift' (Paul Stanley/Desmond Child/Marti Frederiksen) - 4:01
'Wake Up Screaming' (Paul Stanley/Desmond Child/Andreas Carlsson) - 3:00
'Everytime I See You Around' (Paul Stanley/Pete Masitti) - 3:28
'Bulletproof' (Paul Stanley/Andreas Carlsson) - 3:01
'All About You' (Paul Stanley/Andreas Carlsson/Desmond Child) - 3:16
'Second To None' (Paul Stanley/Andreas Carlsson) - 3:35
'It’s Not Me' (Paul Stanley/Holly Knight/Charlie Midnight) - 3:19
'Loving You Without You Now' (Paul Stanley) - 3:16
'Where Angels Dare' (Paul Stanley/Desmond Child/John 5) - 3:22
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyVen 25 Aoû - 19:28

PAUL STANLEY Unveils Official Website
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 49866cj5

The official website for KISS' PAUL STANLEY is PaulStanley.com and it went live yesterday (August 24th) with a temporary static page. The page allows fans to sign up to receive updates and news while the site is being built. This temporary design will remain up over the next month or so, until the site is complete and formally launched.

As previously reported, Paul Stanley's new solo album, Live To Win, will be released by New Door Records/Universal Musical Enterprises on October 24th. Live to Win is self-produced by Stanley, who provides lead vocals, guitar and percussion alongside a studio core of guitarist Corky James (AVRIL LAVIGNE, THE MATRIX), drummer Victor Indrizzo (BECK, MACY GRAY) and keyboardist Harry Sommerdahl (CARRIE UNDERWOOD, LINDSAY LOHAN). Also performing on the album are former KISS bandmate BRUCE KULICK and guitarist John 5.

The tracklisting for Live To Win is as follows:
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyLun 28 Aoû - 20:39

PAUL STANLEY To Utilize Rock Star: SUPERNOVA House Band?
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 49976ci3

A trusted source has informed BW&BK of the following rumour:

KISS vocalist/guitarist PAUL STANLEY is looking at using the Rock Star: SUPERNOVA house band as his.

Comprised of Paul Mirkovich (band leader/musical director/keyboards/background vocals), Jim McGorman (guitar/keyboards/background vocals), Rafael Moreira (lead guitar/background vocals), Nate Morton (drums) and Sasha Krivstov (bass), the Rock Star: Supernova house band could possibly be backing Paul Stanley on his upcoming solo tour.

As previously reported, Paul Stanley's new solo album, Live To Win, will be released on October 24th. It was recorded with an entirely different band consisting of guitarist Corky James (AVRIL LAVIGNE, THE MATRIX), drummer Victor Indrizzo (BECK, MACY GRAY) and keyboardist Harry Sommerdahl (CARRIE UNDERWOOD, LINDSAY LOHAN). Also performing on the album are former KISS bandmate BRUCE KULICK and guitarist John 5.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyDim 3 Sep - 22:51

PAUL STANLEY - Official Live To Win Press Release Available For Viewing
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) T50381og3

As previously reported, PAUL STANLEY’s new solo album Live To Win will be released by New Door Records/Universal Musical Enterprises on October 24th in North America (a day earlier internationally). A photo of the press release that the Universal offices in Europe recently sent out can be viewed on the left.

Live to Win is self-produced by Stanley, who provides lead vocals, guitar and percussion alongside a studio core of guitarist Corky James (AVRIL LAVIGNE, THE MATRIX), drummer Victor Indrizzo (BECK, MACY GRAY) and keyboardist Harry Sommerdahl (CARRIE UNDERWOOD, LINDSAY LOHAN). Also performing on the album are former KISS bandmate BRUCE KULICK and guitarist John 5.

The tracklisting for Live To Win is as follows:

(Thanks KISSKollector.com)
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptySam 16 Sep - 10:20

PAUL STANLEY, BRET MICHAELS, SCOTT IAN, STEVE VAI To Take Part In 2007 Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp

The 2007 Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp has been announced and will run from February 15-19 in Hollywood, CA and will feature Paul Stanley (KISS), Bret Michaels (POISON), Steve Vai, Scott Ian (ANTHRAX) and many more. According to their website, "camp starts at Thursday, February 15th with no night off throughout the camp. Just send in a $2500 deposit to secure your spot at the camp! Also, save $500 if you register before October 31st!

There are three ways you can sign up:
1) By Phone: Call us at 1.888.ROC.BAND (888.762.2263)
2) By Fax: Fax your registration form with credit card information to 917.591.9470
3) By Mail: Fill out the registration form and send it in with your check or credit card info to:

Rock ‘n Roll Fantasy Camp
252 W. 71st Street
New York, NY 10023

Tickets are available online at www.rockandrollfantasycamp.com, by calling the home office at 1.888.ROC.BAND, at the venue box office. Tickets are also on location and through Ticketmaster."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyDim 17 Sep - 15:59

KISS' PAUL STANLEY And Wife Featured In People Magazine With Birth Of New Baby
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 50964cm2

Photo of Stanley with Sutton in June by: GRAHAM WHITBY BOOT/ALLSTAR/GLOBE

KISSOnline.com has issued the following report, courtesy of People magazine's Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna:

KISS
singer/guitarist PAUL STANLEY and his wife, Erin Sutton, have welcomed a baby boy, the musician's rep has confirmed to People.

Colin Michael Stanley was born in Los Angeles on Wednesday, September 6th, and weighed in at 8 lbs. 6 oz.

"Lucky for him, he looks just like his mother," Stanley tells People.

This is the first child for Stanley, 54, and Sutton, 34, who wed last November. The rocker has another son, Evan Shane Stanley, from his previous marriage to Pamela Bowen.

Stanley, who co-founded KISS with GENE SIMMONS, is due to release his second solo album, Live To Win, on October 24th. His latest tour kicks off October 21st in Atlanta and will wrap up in Los Angeles November 14th. Sutton is an attorney.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyDim 17 Sep - 17:26

PAUL STANLEY On Upcoming Tour - "It's My Chance To Do EXACTLY What I Want"
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 51251ge6

KISS' PAUL STANLEY spoke to The KISS Underground http://hometown.aol.com/kissunderground2/ps061.htmlrecently about his upcoming Live To Win solo CD, due out on October 24th via New Door Records/Universal Musical Enterprises. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

KISS
Underground: How was recording "Live To Win" different than recording a KISS album, and how did it differ from recording your first, KISS solo album (Paul Stanley from 1978)?
Paul Stanley: "The difference between doing a solo album and a KISS album, or any 'band' album, is that when you do a 'band' album, you're tailoring the material to the specific band (you're recording with), and also taking into account the assets and what the band excels at. So you tend to limit yourself somewhat, whereas when you do a 'solo' album, you can bring in anybody you want for any song. So you really get TOTAL freedom. Both are a reflection of me, the difference is - in a band situation, certainly you have everybody's input more so. There's a certain amount of give and take, and a bit more compromise. As far as the difference from the first solo album, I've been doing this for THAT much longer and I was pretty clear on what I wanted to do. Outside of that, I don't think it was any different. It's not to say that the (two) albums are the same, but how they were done was the same. I did it without any compromise, and without any thought of what anybody else wanted it to be. If someone thought that this would be a continuation, or a sister/brother album of the first one, they're not taking into account that they're 28 years apart. Certainly the point of view is mine on both (solo albums), and the template for every song I write is melody and a good hook. That's something I always try to do."

KISS Underground: Being that this will be a Paul Stanley Solo tour and not a KISS tour, will you pulling out some more b-side material like on your 1989 solo tour?
Paul Stanley: "It's my chance to do EXACTLY what I want. I'll play the songs that I enjoy and I think are appropriate, and try to balance things out between my solo albums and (my) KISS songs. In a sense, there is very little difference between any of them, because they're all written by me. It should be a good balance and a good mix-up of a lot of tunes that I really like. Probably some songs that I've never played before."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyMer 20 Sep - 4:39

Paul Stanley continue son aventure artistique dans la peinture, voici sa dernière oeuvre.

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) Stanley_canvas_3
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyDim 8 Oct - 22:32

PAUL STANLEY - Rehearsal Report, Photos Available
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 52616fa5
KISSOnline spent yesterday (October 6th) with PAUL STANLEY in Los Angeles, as he rehearsed for his upcoming Live To Win Tour. According to an update, "backed by the House Band from the TV show Rock Star, Stanley tore through a mix of material that would make any Paul fan scream with delight! On it's own, the set list is major news but even bigger news is the sound of Paul and his backing band! Comprised of Paul Mirkovich (keyboards), Jim McGorman (guitar), Rafael Moreira (lead guitar), Nate Morton (drums) and Sasha Krivstov (bass), the House Band is a tight unit of musicians on top of their field! Add the greatest front man in rock and look out!

The admiration and respect between Paul and the band is clearly evident. The scary part is this was only the third rehearsal so far. Rehearsals are scheduled almost daily, right up until opening night - October 21st. It should also be noted these are not short rehearsals. Today the guys spent over seven hours delivering the set with a three guitar attack, along with keyboards, a ferocious rhythm section, outstanding backing vocals and Paul Stanley in fine vocal form!

We promised Paul we would not ruin the surprise by posting the set list, but we can tell you there is a nice mix of new material from Live To Win, tracks from his classic '78 album and KISS songs - some of which have never been played live before!"
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyDim 8 Oct - 22:34

PAUL STANLEY - Live To Win Interview CD Audio Available

As previously reported, this Sunday (October 8th), KISSonline will host an online listening party for PAUL STANLEY’s upcoming solo album Live To Win. The title track, by the way, was featured on this week’s season premiere episode of the famous animation series South Park. Also, Universal Music has issued a Paul Stanley interview CD for those territories where Paul won’t be able to do a promo tour for the press (such as Europe - although Paul has done some phoners with European magazines). So, magazines and such who can’t personally interview Paul, still will have some questions and answers that they might be able to use for an article on Live To Win.

The CD contains 18 questions and answers, which you can hear by clicking on KISSKollector.com here.

(Thanks KISSKollector.com)

Dernière édition par le Mar 17 Oct - 18:18, édité 1 fois
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyMar 17 Oct - 18:18

KISS - PAUL STANLEY Launches Official Website

KISSOnline.com has been updated with the following PAUL STANLEY news:

"It's a very busy and exciting time in the Paul Stanley camp! Rehearsals continue daily, right up until next Saturday's Live To Win opening show in Atlanta. The band sounds tremendous and Paul can't wait to hit the road and see his fans! In the mean time, Paul and his staff continue finalizing all aspects of the tour and like you would expect from Mr. Stanley, he is directly involved in every facet of this production. We also just launched the full Paul Stanley web site - www.PaulStanley.com ! The site will start being updated on a regular basis later this week. Please stop by and check out the design. While your there, be sure to send Paul a letter! Thanks to Dean Snowden for taking these new photos at Saturday's rehearsal (click photo on the left). They feature Paul warming up on drummer Nate Morton's practice kit."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyVen 20 Oct - 20:40

PAUL STANLEY - More Live To Win Graphics Revealed

The official PAUL STANLEY website has been updated with the following report, courtesy of New Times:

After all these years, after all the whispers and rumors, Paul Stanley has finally come out... with his second solo album.

"I've actually got two new babies now," the KISS frontman chuckles quietly over the phone from his home in Los Angeles on a recent afternoon. One of them is little Colin Michael Stanley - born in early September to Erin, his wife of a year - who's sleeping in the next room. Which may explain why the 54-year-old singer/guitarist, a pleasant enough interviewee, is particularly subdued over the course of conversation (not that he's expected to shriek about "vodka and ahhwwnge juice," but c'mon!). The other baby he's referring to is Live To Win - a ten-track, 33-minute offering that's the first to bear the Paul Stanley name since he, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley, and Peter Criss simultaneously released solo platters on September 18, 1978, at the height of KISSmania.

Why the long wait between albums? It wasn't for lack of desire. "I've always wanted to do this," Stanley says. "But the problem is that some of the other people in the band wanna be off doing other things all the time and, you know, somebody's gotta mind the store."
Store is the perfect word to describe it. With such recent additions to the group's vast merchandising and promotional efforts as the KISS Kasket, KISS Kondoms, and even a KISS Koffeehouse, which opened earlier this year in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, offering - wait for it - Demon Dark Roast brew and a French KISS Vanilla Frozen Rockuccino. Indeed, KISS Kapitalism keeps the koffers filled, chuggin' forward unfettered.

KISS the band, however, not so much. The novelty and thrill of the full makeup, 1996 reunion and the subsequent years of global touring have waned; Frehley and Criss, once again, are out (the former, balking at a farewell tour that never seemed to end, quit in 2002; the latter was fired two years ago). Simmons has certainly been going it alone of late, with his aptly titled 2004 solo album, Asshole; numerous business ventures (how 'bout that Gene Simmons Tongue magazine!); and, most recently, with Gene Simmons Family Jewels, his popular, Osbournes-style reality show for the A&E channel.

So the slight trace of resentment in Stanley's voice over having to act as KISS "store manager" in recent times is understandable, although he moves on to a different metaphor to continue the thought. "When the good ship KISS starts springing leaks, I'm not shy about saying that I'm the one in there bailing water," Stanley says. "As much as I wanted to do a solo album and do other projects, I had to pick and choose because I felt a tremendous responsibility to make sure that the band was solid. Nobody can do what I can do. I sometimes feel [the responsibility] has gotta stay with me, quite honestly."

Whether fed up with that duty once and for all or perhaps sensing that KISS needs to go on the back burner for a while or risk flaming out entirely, Stanley put himself first over the past year, hammering out a new batch of songs for Live To Win. And though he collaborated with a phalanx of songwriters and musicians (including longtime KISS cohort Desmond Child and former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick), Stanley says he stubbornly clung to his vision from start to finish.

"I really wasn't interested in any feedback or opinions. This is my album. It was the antithesis of doing a group album - there was no thought for anybody else and no diluting anything for someone else. It was incredibly rewarding, because when you work on a group album, invariably what you're doing is you're writing for the group's weaknesses and strengths. You're looking to make the most out of what you have, whereas when you do a solo album, you become the director of a film and the casting agent, and you're calling all the shots, so it's a completely different experience."

If Live To Win were a movie, it would absolutely be a Jerry Bruckheimer production - impeccably crafted, glossy as all get-out, bombastic, schmaltzy, a tad cliche, and in the end pretty entertaining - although you probably wouldn't admit to your friends that you liked it. Stanley's inimitable voice sounds terrific throughout, even if his lyrics generally stick to the sappy self-affirmations he's always peddled: "Live to win, till you die, till the light dies in your eyes/Live to win, take it all, just keep fighting till you fall," he belts on the title track. 'Lift' - its verses pushed by choppy, downtuned guitars and vague electronic underpinnings - couldn't be any better designed for Nickelback, Evanescenc-, and Bon Jovi dominated rock radio, while a semi-acoustic ballad like 'Second to None' aims for the same consumers that made KISS' 'Forever' a gigantic hit. And the piano-and-strings-propped 'Lovin' You Without You Now' is pure, unabashed end-credit pop-rock.

While Paul Stanley is probably the most "KISS-like" of the four 1978 solo albums, Live To Win - except for a few fleeting moments - doesn't sound much like a KISS album at all. That might disappoint some, but, says Stanley: "The last thing I wanted to do was try to re-create the past. I wasn't gonna make 'Son of Strutter' or 'I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night and Party Every Day More,' you know? I didn't want to carry the sword, cross, or banner for KISS. I didn't want to be the 'one-man KISS band,' and I could have done that. It would have been easy for me to go into the studio and make something that sounded exactly like a KISS album. That would have taken no time, but that wouldn't have satisfied me, and then the criticism would have been, 'It sounds just like a KISS album, what's the point?'

"At the same time, if you put out an album that doesn't sound like KISS, people say, 'I like the KISS stuff - why didn't he do that?' But I'm far beyond the idea of trying to please anyone except myself. I made an album that I liked. That was the bottom line. You gotta follow your heart, and if you succeed, great, and if you fail, you did it on your own terms. I love the album, I know a lot of people do too, and that's good enough for me."

In related news, KISS NEWS USA has posted more graphics from Live To Win, namely the cover, back-cover and booklet. Check it out at this location.

http://kissforum.de/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=167461#167461
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyDim 22 Oct - 23:47

PAUL STANLEY - "I'm Sure Kiss Will Go Back On Tour Within The Next Year"

KISS legend PAUL STANLEY spoke to Aidin Vaziri from Sfgate.com recently about a number of topics including his new solo effort, Live To Win, due out via New Door Records/Universal Musical Enterprises on October 24th in North America (a day earlier internationally). Here are a few excerpts from the chat:

Q: You haven't got to express yourself for almost three decades.
Stanley: "Well, I always got to express myself through Kiss. The only difference is when I write for a band you know ahead of time the strengths and weaknesses, so you tailor it for that. But for a solo album it's kind of like I get to be a casting agent for a film. We've got a script, we've got the songs, then we cast each one and I get to direct it. It's much more free. It means I don't have to dilute what I'm doing."

Q: (Do) you think you can do it without the makeup?
Stanley: "Yeah, the show's going to be all the songs I feel like playing. There are going to be some great Kiss classics and then there are going to be some songs that either didn't get the attention or have never been played live. I think people can expect a pretty cool evening."

Q: Will you ever wear the makeup again?
Stanley: "Which makeup?"

Q: I guess you've worn a lot. The makeup!
Stanley: "Of course. I'm sure Kiss will go back on tour within the next year. There's too many people who want us."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyMer 25 Oct - 20:42

PAUL STANLEY - New Live Shots Available; Video Interview/Tour Rehearsal Clips Posted
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 53697ut8
Photos from the October 22nd Atlanta, GA launch of KISS frontman PAUL STANLEY's Live To Win tour are now available (pictured).

In related news, a video interview with Paul, as well as clips from his L.A. tour rehearsals are available http://g6publish.videodome.com/iwon/portal/index.asp?channel=Music+News&clipid=89804&bitrate=300&format=wmp
The following review from the above mentioned Atlanta date has been posted at Paul's website:

"Paul kicked off his Live To Win Tour yesterday (October 22nd) in Atlanta with a tremendous performance that proved what we knew all along, Mr. Stanley doesn't need the makeup, bombs and fire to deliver an unforgettable show. Setting the tone with the opening track - 'Live To Win', Paul never looked backed as he and the ferocious ROCK STAR House Band tore through a 19 song set list. The relentless power of the music and the intense non-stop connection with the audience in the packed theater made this a spectacle of a totally different kind.

Performing songs from his entire career including tracks from both of his solo albums as well as KISS rarities - including the never before played 'Magic Touch' and 'A Million To One', Paul played with a renewed intensity of a man on a mission. Possessed, dancing and prancing around the stage while never missing a beat. Vocally, Paul was as impressive as ever, especially on 'I Still Love You', 'I Want You' and 'Tonight You Belong To Me'.

As roaring audiences at sold out show after sold out show will testify, Paul Stanley is only now in his prime while remaining the most underrated front man in Rock and Roll history."

As reported earlier this week, Live To Win is part of AOL's Full CD Listening Party this week and can be heard in full http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds?defaultTab=14&ncid=AOLMUS00050000000012 . Live To Win was released yesterday (October 24th) via New Door Records/Universal Musical Enterprises in North America.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 22:51

New PAUL STANLEY Live Clip Available Online; 'Live To Win' Track Featured On South Park

A 2+ minute clip of PAUL STANLEY, performing the KISS classic 'Do You Love Me?' (lifted from the band's 1976 release Destroyer) is available online at this location. 3 - Milwaukee, WI - Rave

The footage was shot on Tuesday (October 24th) at Hard Rock Live in Orlando, Florida.

Also, a clip from South Park, featuring the song 'Live To Win', the title track of Paul's new solo album, can be seen here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriXGz9gA74&mode=related&search=

As previously reported, during yesterday's (October 25th) Rockline appearance, Paul Stanley mentioned that his current solo tour, including rehearsals, are being filmed for a future DVD release.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyVen 27 Oct - 0:22

PAUL STANLEY: "I Don't Think It's That I Have A Lot To Prove, But I Have A Lot To Thank People For"

Baltimore Sun ( www.baltimoresun.com ) has issued the following report from Kevin Eck:

Having spent more than three decades as the starry-eyed frontman for the rock group KISS, PAUL STANLEY is among the most recognizable figures in pop culture.

These days, however, Stanley, 54, is hitting the road sans his signature face paint and seven-inch platform boots for a 17-city club tour in support of his just-released solo album, Live To Win.

Stanley, who plays at Rams Head Live tonight, spoke with The Sun last week from his home in Los Angeles to discuss his new project as well as several KISS-related topics.

Q: Live To Win is your second solo album, but your first since 1978. Why did you choose to do another one at this time?

A: "I've always seen myself as the caretaker for the band in the sense that, if everybody was running off doing side projects throughout the years, then we might all come back to an empty dock where there was once the Good Ship KISS. There were times when somebody needed to be bailing water, and I volunteered. It has reached a point where the band has achieved kind of an iconic status, and it's pretty solid. And there comes a time when you just have to say, 'It's my turn'."

Q: Were there things musically that you wanted to do on this album that wouldn't have fit into the KISS sound?

A: "I really never thought of it like that. When I write for a KISS album, I write for the strengths and weaknesses of the band and the musicians. When I do a solo album, I write the songs and then bring in the musicians that are best suited to play the songs. I think there are certain things that perhaps wouldn't be appropriate for KISS. But I don't think this album is that much of a stretch in terms of songs as much as it is maybe sonically. The sound of it certainly is much bigger and broader than something that KISS would do."

Q: Will KISS tour and record again?

A: "KISS will tour. Even if I wanted to destroy KISS, I couldn't. It has a life of its own. We're very fortunate that people still want to see us. Will we record? That's a question that I'm not really sure about, mainly because KISS songs at this point are much bigger than music. They're snapshots of a time in a person's life. No matter what I write today for KISS, no matter how good it is, people will hear it and go, 'That's really great. Now play 'Detroit Rock City'.' And I understand it. ...I don't know that I really want to put so much effort into something to know that it probably will fall short in terms of acceptance."

Q: Last August, a couple hundred KISS fans protested outside the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland because the band has yet to be inducted. What are your thoughts on the snub?

A: "Honestly, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke, and it always has been. I think they should be ashamed and embarrassed by some of the people that they've inducted. It's a popularity contest for a small group of judges or whatever they want to call themselves. They induct bands that they like that have sold less albums in their careers than I've sold in a week, and that have influenced a handful compared to what KISS has done. KISS is a virus that has infected music from rock to country and back. So if they choose not to induct us, I'm not sure it's a club I want to be a member of."

Q: What is the significance of your album title, Live To Win?

A: "Live To Win is a motto or a mantra that I have lived by. I think you owe it to yourself to set goals and things that you want to attain and not allow anyone to get in the way. In that way, you always win, even if you don't succeed. You can fail and still win as long as you fail on your own terms. That's what I've lived by and it's gotten me to where I am. I don't allow people to derail my dreams."

Q: Are you planning to record more solo albums?

A: "The next one will not be in 28 years. If this one is Live To Win, that one would be Hope To Live. I had a great time doing this album. As I said, I've already won. How well the album does is immaterial to me. I made the album I wanted to make. And I will make another. Certainly, the luxury of knowing that no matter what happens, it really doesn't change my life any, takes a lot of pressure off it."

Q: The band that you are playing with on your solo tour is the house band from the television show Rock Star. How did that come about?

A: "That show has been called Rock Star: INXS and Rock Star: Supernova, but for my money it should be called Rock Star: House Band, because arguably the reason to watch that show is the house band. From the first time I saw them about a year and a half ago, I was real clear that when I hit the road, those were the guys I wanted to be with. Between the six of us, it's pretty heavy stuff. The rehearsals have been phenomenal. It's great to see a bunch of guys sweating their butts off, smiling while we're doing it."

Q: KISS is used to playing large arenas and stadiums. Is it a difficult transition for you to play clubs?

A: "It's not an adjustment. It just means the intensity gets captured in a smaller environment. If anything, it should be more powerful. When I see how fast the tickets have gone, it only makes me raise the bar that much more. I don't think it's that I have a lot to prove, but I have a lot to thank people for. And I want to make sure that they walk out of there with something they're going to remember for a long time. I'm pretty confident that this "thank you" is going to be big and loud."

Q: What can you reveal about the set list?

A: "It celebrates my songs, whether it's the first solo album, or Live To Win or all the songs I've written for KISS. It would be crazy to be out there and not be playing 'Love Gun' and a whole lot of great tunes that I've written for KISS, but there's also other songs that either KISS has never played live or that kind of got lost in the shuffle. So in a sense, I look at them all as my unruly kids and I'm bringing them all."

Q: You had two hip surgeries in 2004, including a hip replacement. How are you doing physically?

A: "I'm fine, other than setting off metal detectors worldwide. I have to say that when KISS did our last shows [this past July], it really struck me how much more I could move than I had on previous tours. I was in tremendous pain during the last three or four tours. Toward the end I could barely get up to the stage from the stairs. But when you hit the stage and people have paid for tickets, they don't need a disclaimer at the front of the show. If you can't do what people paid to see than you shouldn't be there. So you bite the bullet. But everything's fine. Is it perfect? No. But believe me, I was working on far less."

Q: You played the lead in Phantom of the Opera during part of the show's run in Toronto in 1999. Do you plan on doing more theater in the future?

A: "Time is precious, and you can only be in one place at one time. I tend to choose very carefully where I am, because it also means where I'm not. I'd love to do more theater. I'd love to go back and do Phantom on Broadway. It's just a matter of time and everybody being in agreement. I came in at the end of a 10-year run of Phantom [in Toronto]. Firstly, I had to go audition in New York, because they don't need to take a billion-dollar musical and have Bozo ruin it. They asked me to come and audition, and you have to be signed off on in New York no matter where you do it. So I went up to Toronto and we had million dollar box office weeks and I did eight shows a week to standing ovations. So, would I like to do Broadway? Absolutely. Quite honestly, the show continues to do very well, and they have told me very much so that when the time is right, there will be a phone call."

Q: How would you describe your relationship with KISS co-founder Gene Simmons? From the fans' standpoint, there seems to be two schools of thought. One is that you two are as close as brothers, and the other is that your relationship at this point is strictly business.

A: "I think that when you saw Beatles movies or even The Monkees, I think that was kind of a parody or satire, the idea that they were all in this house together. It may be fun for people to imagine that you spend all your time with your bandmates, but I think it's insane. I think that the best relationships last the longest because you don't expect anything of the relationship that it doesn't have to offer. Gene and I are like family. Regardless of how much time we spend together, we have a mutual respect, although I would not say that I'm a big fan of a lot of [projects] that he does on his own. That's really his choice. It's unfortunate when some of it can impact the band, but he's certainly earned the right to do what he feels he wants to."

Q: Have you watched his reality show? Would you ever consider doing one?

A: "No, I haven't watched it, and I wouldn't do one if I had a gun to my head. You have a choice of two things: You can have reality or television, but you can't have them both. I've always been somebody who's kept my private life private. Whether it's an imagined private life or a real private life, I'm not interested in sharing it."

Q: Do you think all the different types of merchandise that KISS puts out has hurt the band's credibility with critics?

A: "I think that credibility is an issue that other people deal with. Credibility is your idea of what someone should or shouldn't be doing. My issue isn't with the merchandising, because you would be insane to put something out that people don't want. The fact that other bands are not as interesting or people don't want merchandise with their name on it, I can understand. But don't kid yourself for a minute. If they actually could, they probably would. So the merchandising for me isn't the issue. I sometimes think that the way it's rubbed in people faces isn't very flattering, but that doesn't always come from critics, that comes from within the band."

Q: Is it possible that KISS could continue with new members after you and the current members call it quits? Could KISS become an act like the Blue Man Group, in the sense that there really isn't just one Blue Man Group, but there are several and they appear all over the world simultaneously?

A: "That's very funny, because I saw Blue Man Group when they used to play the Astor Place Theatre in New York. Then, all of a sudden, Blue Man Group was in Chicago, but they were still in New York. It was like, 'Wait a minute, what's going on here?' Is it possible that KISS could continue? I would like to believe it can and would want it to. I think KISS have become iconic figures that transcend the people behind them. I think you could show a photo of KISS to anyone around the world and they could tell you it's KISS, but I don't know that they could tell you all the names of the members. I think that KISS is a point of view and a philosophy for delivering a spectacle that puts the audience first. I would hate to see that end."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyDim 29 Oct - 17:02

PAUL STANLEY On Track To Sell Upwards Of 25,000 Copies Of Live To Win In First Week

Hits Daily Double ( hitsdailydouble.com ) are reporting that PAUL STANLEY's new solo release, Live To Win, is poised to sell in the range of 25,000 - 30,000 copies in it's first week of release in the US.

These numbers will land the album in the Top 50 on the Billboard 200. Final numbers are released on November 1st.

Live To Win is out now via New Door Records/Universal Musical Enterprises.
DepressiveAge

DepressiveAge

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyLun 30 Oct - 15:51

Justement, quelqu'un sait-il quand il sera distribué en France?
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyJeu 2 Nov - 2:06

PAUL STANLEY To Hit German Album Chart At #49; Vintage Photos Surface, Hit The Auction Block

KISSNews.de reports:

"PAUL STANLEY enters the German Top 100 Album charts next week at # 49! That's about 2,300 units sold. That is a real good position considering there was no promotional tour, no single, no video and no single interviews to promote this album. Gene's well promoted Asshole solo album missed the Top 100 two years ago..."

Another message reads: "Check out some vintage Paul Stanley photos, taken at a promotional visit at Peaches to promote his first solo album back in 1978..."

See the photos at this location. http://cgi.ebay.com/KISS-PAUL-STANLEY-78-Solo-Promotion-Tour-PHOTO-BOOK_W0QQitemZ170043163382QQihZ007QQcategoryZ434QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyMar 7 Nov - 20:26

PAUL STANLEY Meets Over 1200 Fans At Michigan In-Store
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 54359zy9
According to Paul Stanley.com, for four hours on Saturday (November 4th), KISS' PAUL STANLEY greeted over 1200 fans of all ages at the Parisian Store in the Rochester Hills Mall. Appearing at the Michigan store to promote the KISS Fragrance line, Paul was genuinely happy to meet his fans! He hugged, shook hands, held babies, posed for photos and signed bottles of the fragrance throughout the event.

One of many touching moments occurred when a US Soldier and his family met Paul and the crowd erupted in cheers and applause. Watching Paul interact with the fans, especially the kids, was also a wonderful treat. So was the sight of fans leaving the stage after meeting Paul, as many were simply flustered and needed to catch their breath!

The following story was in Saturday's Detroit Free Press:

Rock star invites fans to see and sniff
Kiss rocker Paul Stanley knows a thing or two about makeup - he was the one with the star on his face - but what does he know about perfume?

How involved were you with the development of the fragrance? "I was totally, totally involved. ... It was something that needed to be overseen to make sure that it was ... something that was not contrary to what the band believes."
What is the band's fragrance philosophy? "I think something individual, something maybe a little off the mainstream."

Do you wear Kiss Him? "I do."

Before you wore it, what did you smell like? "100% all-American man."

Is that good or bad? "I've never had any complaints."

How's your solo tour? "It's going great, it's just great to get out there and play small venues and play songs I've written over the years. ... It's kind of a way of me thanking everybody (for) what they've given me."

Are you giving them something or doing it free? "You sound like a very jaded person."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyMer 8 Nov - 21:22

PAUL STANLEY - New Solo Performances Available Online; European Tour In The Works
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) 54429wh6
KISS News ( www.kissnews.de ) reports:

"On YouTube.com you can view several performances from Paul's solo tour, including
'Magic Touch' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erFgabPqvEI&NR
'A Million To One'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIkee6UVkbk&NR

In related news, Michigan's Flint Journal has issued the following from Doug Pullen (posted at PaulStanley.com):

Why so long? Stanley, regarded by many KISS aficionados as the guy who kept the band going during a rocky stretch in the 1980s, said he had neither the time nor inclination before.

"Honestly over the years, there was so much going on in the band that was, I guess, threatening to the existence of the band. If I was ever off doing other things, there might not be a band to look after," he says.

It could be that recent events in Stanley's life gave him plenty to write about. He underwent hip replacement surgery, got divorced, remarried and welcomed son Colin Michael Stanley to the world on September 6th.

"That really wasn't the motivation," Stanley said of recent ups and downs. "This was something that was long overdue, but I will say when you're in the midst of something traumatic and tragic, it's hard to realize it will pass. It's hard to realize that you can wind up in a better place then you were. Sometimes you don't want to give up what you have. You can't imagine what will take its place, but if you do a little bit of work you can find out."

Certainly his other marriage - to fellow KISS founder, holdover and unabashed capitalist GENE SIMMONS - can get a little frustrating. Stanley said he welcomed the chance to work outside the KISS framework for a change.

"Let's be honest. In a band you're dealing with other people's opinions and there's a certain amount of diplomacy that can be a good thing and not always a good thing," he said, adding that it's a nice change to have "a clear vision and not having to hear from the chorus."

Any doubts about his decision to do a solo album evaporated when he hit the road with the house band from TV's Rock Star, playing new songs, KISS staples and at least two songs, 'Magic Touch' and 'A Million To One', that the band has never played live. A European tour is in discussions, and Stanley is planning another solo album in a few years.

KISS, he says, isn't done by any means. The group's never-ending stream of new products includes a fragrance, a recently issued box set of the 1978 solo albums, and two releases coming November 21: a box set of live material and a third volume of its "20th Century Masters" anthology.

"I was with my manager last night and said, 'You know, I've earned this.'" Stanley said. "There's always time for KISS. That's inevitable. But I'm doing this for a whole lot of reasons and will continue doing it until I'm ready to go back to doing KISS. But KISS is alive and well and waiting."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) EmptyMer 8 Nov - 21:23

PAUL STANLEY Glad To Have Rock Star House Band On Tour
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 at 16:58:06

KISS singer-guitarist PAUL STANLEY's got a hot band with him on his solo tour behind his album Live To Win, and it's one that a lot of people know. Stanley is on the road with the house band from the Rock Star reality TV show, who worked with INXS on the program's first season in 2005, and then earlier this year with MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee, former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted, and one-time GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke. Stanley told Therockradio.com that he wasn't a huge fan of Rock Star, but that the backing group won him over instantly: "You know, the show was mildly entertaining, but the band was incredible! From the first time I saw it, I was just blown away by how good they were, and said, 'When I go out on tour, those'll definitely be the guys who I want to go with.' They're a great bunch, and we sound pretty damn good."

Stanley and the Rock Star house band will shoot their performance at the House Of Blues in Chicago on Monday, November 6th, for a DVD.

In addition to being on tour, Stanley's also been doing a lot of interviews for his solo album Live To Win and for the new Kissology DVD set. All that work led to some problems, and Stanley was ordered by doctors to rest his voice, so he had to cancel his gig at The Rave & Eagles Club in Milwaukee on Friday (November 3rd). There's been no word on if it will be rescheduled.

( Thanks Therockradio.com )
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) Empty

PAUL STANLEY (kiss )
Page 1 sur 4Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant