Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-26%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
369€ PC Portable HP 15-fd0064nf – 15,6″ FHD 8 Go / 256 Go + ...
369.99 € 497.99 €
Voir le deal

PAUL STANLEY (kiss )

2 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
AuteurMessage
bru_dall

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Nov - 17:13

PAUL STANLEY - New Podcast Available Via Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp, Live Reviews Online

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T55180 The following update has been issued via the Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp:

"After some time off, the Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp Podcast is back in a big way! This week, we get up-close and personal with KISS frontman Paul Stanley to talk about his solo album called Live To Win, the band's new Kissology DVD, and a bunch of other stuff that you won't hear anywhere else."

Go to this location to check it out.

Several live reviews from Stanley's recent tour for Live To Win can be found at this location.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Nov - 17:27

PAUL STANLEY Featured In Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp Podcast 007

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T55197 The Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp Podcast 007 is now available - it features an "up-close and personal" interview with KISS frontman Paul Stanley. He "talks about his solo album called Live To Win, the band's new Kissology DVD, and a bunch of other stuff that you won't hear anywhere else!"

To listen head here. As previously reported, the 2007 Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp has been announced and will run from February 15-19 in Hollywood, CA and will feature Stanley, Bret Michaels (POISON), STEVE VAI, Scott Ian (ANTHRAX) and many more. For more information head www.rockandrollfantasycamp.com .
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Nov - 19:04

PAUL STANLEY "Blown Away" On Recent Solo Trek

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T55198 The following message from PAUL STANLEY has been posted at KISSOnline.com:

"Having just finished my first shows since 1989, I have to say I was blown away! We sounded even better than I had hoped and your reactions seemed to say you all felt the same. Thank you. Sasha (Krivstov - bass), Jimmy (McGorman - guitar), Paul (Mirkovich - background vocals), Haffa and Nate (Morton - drums) were really incredible both off and onstage. The road crew's pride in being a part of this was written all over them and I was proud and lucky to have them with me. They too were an inspiration.

These shows reconnected for me the incredible intensity that can be created by loving what you do and giving it your all. I remember as a kid, I would go to concerts in NY and see JIMI HENDRIX, THE WHO, HUMBLE PIE, LED ZEPPELIN and countless other bands play small theaters and blow the place apart. Not with pyro or special effects, but with sheer energy, belief in their music and a determination to reach the audience and take them to a place that only they could. THAT's why I loved concerts and that's why I wanted to follow in their footsteps. This short tour and you in the audience confirmed my belief that we could also go there. We did and we will again.

As far as live shows, we are lining up shows outside of the US. and I hope to do many more here also.

So...

Goodbye is only for now
'Cause I'm coming back
I swear it somehow.

Paul"
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyMer 22 Nov - 1:03

PAUL STANLEY - New Podcast Available Via Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp, Live Reviews Online

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T55180 The following update has been issued via the Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp:

"After some time off, the Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp Podcast is back in a big way! This week, we get up-close and personal with KISS frontman Paul Stanley to talk about his solo album called Live To Win, the band's new Kissology DVD, and a bunch of other stuff that you won't hear anywhere else."

Go to this location to check it out.

Several live reviews from Stanley's recent tour this location.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyMer 22 Nov - 21:31

PAUL STANLEY - Signed Guitars Available

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T55278 According to KISSOnline.com, PAUL STANLEY has hand signed a limited number of guitars that will be available for purchase. These are especially hot because each limited edition guitar comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity and collectable box. The guitars will be available at all Target Stores on November 26.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyMer 20 Déc - 22:28

PAUL STANLEY Ringtones, Gold KISS Solo Album Award Available

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T56818 New ringtones featuring tracks from KISS vocalist/guitarist PAUL STANLEY's new Live To Win solo release are now available. To purchase/preview the ringtones for 'All About You', 'Live To Win', 'Second To None' and Wake Up Screaming' head here.

While there, visit Paul's online Shop, where you can purchase a replica of the Paul Stanley 1978 solo album Gold award (pictured).
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyDim 31 Déc - 17:44

PAUL STANLEY - "I've Always Felt Kind Of Like The Keeper Of The Flame In KISS"

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T57637 Pitriff.com recently conducted an interview with KISS legend Paul Stanley, focusing on his new Live To Win solo album. The following is a brief excerpt:

Pitriff: Why did you decide to release a solo release at this point in your career? Some people may argue the point of why not just release a KISS release...

Stanley: "I've already done KISS. I'm sure people are aware of that. The truth is that for a long time, while everybody else was running off doing other projects outside of KISS, I've always felt kind of like the keeper of the flame in KISS. I didn't feel the band might not be impacted tremendously by me also going off and doing things. I just kind of figured that when the time is right I'll do it. For the time being, I let everybody else run off and do everything else they feel like doing. At this point, it really felt like KISS is as solid as ever. I felt that it was time for me to do an album of my own and it's an oppurtunity to really do something to please myself."

Pitriff: Live To Win is comprised of a great mix of heavy rocking songs and a couple of slow tunes in there. I think people will be surprised at how much Live To Win rocks. Going into writing mode for the release did you entertain the thought of steering your writing towards the heavier songs? Did you feel that you had to come up with songs that at least matched or surpassed songs that you have been well known for?

Stanley: "I didn't aim for anything. I was aware that if I did an album that sounded like my first solo album someone would say that it sounds too much like my first album or he hasn't grown at all. Then I was also aware that if I did an album that didn't sound like my first album, someone would say it doesn't sound like the first album and he's trying to do something new. You're damned if you and damned if you don't. None of that stuff is of any interest to me. It's all part of Live To Win. I don't listen to what other people have to say. I set my goals for myself and that is all that matters. People who say I shouldn't, couldn't, that it's impossible, or if it's the right or wrong direction, etc. - none of that matters to me. It's only about me pleasing myself."

Pitriff: Was it easier writing songs then without having any restrictions of meeting a certain criteria of say writing songs for KISS? Was there more freedom to expose yourself in the songs a little more?

Stanley: "I would like to think that anything I write has some of me in it. You have to put some of yourself into it. There's a lot of songs on this album that are very much about me. I'm either singing about my philosophy of life and philosophy that's gotten me to where I am. ...or I'm singing about relationships with women. (laughing) Two big parts of my life!"

To read the entire interview go to this location.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyDim 14 Jan - 20:33

Rock N' Roll Fantasy Camp Rocks Hollywood; PAUL STANLEY To Play KISS Classics With Campers

PR Newswire ( www.prnewswire.com ) has issued the following press release:

Welcome to the Hotel California!!

Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp (RRFC) goes Hollywood (Presidents' Day Weekend, 2/15-19) - giving campers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn rock from the masters. Over five-days - and guided by a Who's Who of rock legends - campers of all musical abilities and backgrounds will form bands, hone their skills, jam with their idols and become "rock stars." The camp culminates in a Battle of the Bands blowout at the House Of Blues on Sunset.

The camp's professors of rock include:
PAUL STANLEY (KISS),
Brian Wilson (co-founder, THE BEACH BOYS),
Mickey Hart (GRATEFUL DEAD),
BRET MICHAELS (POISON),
Dickey Betts (ALLMAN BROTHERS),
Scott Ian (ANTHRAX),
legendary guitar player STEVE VAI,
Simon Kirke (BAD COMPANY, FREE),
Spike Edney (QUEEN),
Kelly Keagy (NIGHT RANGER),
Bruce Kulick (KISS),
Jane Wiedlin (GO-GO'S),
Artimus Pyle (LYNYRD SKYNYRD),
Sully Erna (GODSMACK),
SPENCER DAVIS,
Mark Slaughter (SLAUGHTER)
Clem Burke (BLONDIE).

When RRFC comes to Hollywood, there will be events galor to make rock dreams come true:

- Grateful Dead Night (2/17) -- Featuring the Grateful Dead's drummer Mickey Hart leading a jam with each band.

- Beach Boys Night (2/18) -- Beach Boy's co-founder Brian Wilson serves as judge as the bands compete in a play-off featuring Beach Boys songs.

- Original Song Contest (2/18) -- Each band will perform its original song -- which will be judged, mixed, recorded, and put on CD and on iTunes!

- House of Blues Battle of the Bands (2/19) -- Paul Stanley (lead singer, guitarist and songwriter of KISS) will perform a KISS song on stage live with every band at the House of Blues Battle of the Bands. Dickey Betts of The Allman Brothers will join each band for some Southern rock.

The RRFC dawn-to-midnight schedule includes master classes, private sessions, dinners with the stars, late night jams with renowned studio musicians and special guests. Offering pointers throughout are some of rock's royalty, who help the bands come together, collaborate and create. Campers get the opportunity to rock with their idols on top-notch instruments and stay at the glamorous Hollywood Renaissance Hotel. Cost for this five-day experience is $9499.

The RRFC frenzy doesn't stop in Hollywood-coming up is RRFC London (5/24-29, Memorial Day Weekend), where campers - joined by English rockers including Jack Bruce (CREAM) and Gary Brooker (PROCAL HARUM) - will have the incredibly rare chance to record at London's Abbey Road Studios and perform at the legendary Cavern Club in Liverpool, where the Beatles got their start.

Further information on Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp is available at 1-888 ROC-BAND (762-2263); http://www.rocknrollfantasycamp.com .
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyDim 14 Jan - 21:15

PAUL STANLEY - USA Today Article Available

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T58325 The following report is courtesy of Diana McKeon Charkalis from USA Today:

PAUL STANLEY likes to rock. But these days, this founding member of '70s supergroup KISS is also content to roll with the family at home.

When he's not touring in support of his new solo disc, Live To Win, he's at his Tuscan-style villa with wife Erin, their 4-month-old son, Colin, and 12-year-old Evan, his son from his first marriage.

"We enjoy entertaining, but we don't go out, we don't go to clubs," says Stanley, 54. "There's no Viper Room. For us, it's the diaper room."

"We're homebodies," says Erin, 34. "Paul has very traditional values. That may surprise people, but it's what I was most taken with when I met him."

The 9,000-square-foot home, built for Stanley in 1996, is perched high in the hills. The Italian-inspired design, with outdoor fountains and a column-lined loggia that looks west toward the Pacific, was dictated by the landscape. "We have all these mountains and unobstructed views to the ocean," he says. "It looks so much like Europe that you'd be fighting what's natural in the terrain to build something else."

The old-world feeling permeates the interior as well, with its arched doorways and vaulted ceilings. Hand-painted frescoes abound, including one in the dining room depicting celestial gods and goddesses amid the clouds. Stanley calls it a "conglomeration of many of the works of Tiepolo," an 18th-century Italian decorative painter.

What the couple wanted was "a casual, worn elegance," he says. "There's something comfortable about being in a place that has a soul."

To make the spacious rooms feel cozier, they emphasized comfort over formality, combining dark carved woods with soft, inviting fabrics. "There's nothing worse than being in a house where you're afraid to sit or put your drink down," says Erin, an attorney taking time off to be a full-time mom.

For the expansive family room, they chose sofas upholstered in sumptuous crimson velvet and clustered them together for conversation. "We've had 25 people in this room waiting for dinner," Stanley says. "Everybody can find their own little place to hang out."

A retractable screen descends from the ceiling for viewing parties. The room is decked with photos of family and Stanley with other celebrities, including PAUL MCCARTNEY. When asked if the two are friends, Stanley looks vaguely astonished. "No! He's Paul McCartney, for crying out loud. He's the guy I saw up on stage and said, 'I want to be like him.' " He laughs. "Except with high heels and makeup."

Read more here.

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 58325tt2
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyLun 22 Jan - 20:25

un petit concert sympa

A Million To One (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIkee6UVkbk
Magic Touch (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_MVzct_1ho
Move On (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLujK28ZQno&mode=related&search=
I Want You (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x-HleQpycA
Goodbye (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srVw1voJ28E&mode=related&search=
Lift (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPKNwiT7fps&mode=related&search=
Live To Win (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMW_KWQ7xI&mode=related&search=
Wouldn't You Like To Know Me (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc-8yt2pHnc&mode=related&search=
I Still Love You (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8bmK8O44BA&mode=related&search=
Hide Your Heart (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSVqa9Gg7sM&mode=related&search=
Tonight You Belong To Me (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFqR7kRNkoI&mode=related&search=
Every Time I See You Around (2006) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBhiFnT-c6s&mode=related&search=
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyLun 22 Jan - 21:40

PAUL STANLEY Touring Guitarist Jim McGorman Discusses Touring With The Rock Legend

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T58885 KISS vocalist/guitarist PAUL STANLEY's official website ( www.paulstanley.com ) has been updated with the following from Premier Guitar Magazine, in which guitarist Jim McGorman (Paul's touring band, "Rock Star" House Band) discusses sharing the stage with Stanley.

"Playing with Paul Stanley...

Imagine if you could grow up and play with a real life Luke Skywalker? I did. When I was a kid, I used to play with toys. Star Wars figures, Hot Wheels cars, Legos, Silly Putty and KISS dolls. I also used to listen to records in my Grandma's basement and play air guitar to my favorite songs. I had a real drum set and keyboard and my friends and I would put on the lava light that we bought at Spencer Gifts and rock out to KISS records.

We would gaze in the full length mirror perfecting our rock moves all day and night; we were kids having fun and we loved it. What I didn't realize (as I'm sure no one else did), was that I was actually preparing for a job that I would have later in life. I was going to say a "dream job," but I ended up living it.

At 21, I moved to L.A. to pursue a career in music. While spending time writing songs and working on my own music (shameless plug for my record … available on my website), I got a call from a friend of mine who worked at a management company. He said there was a female artist (Rebekah) there who needed "someone like me" – a guy who could play keyboards, guitar and sing like a lead singer. As it turned out, I got the gig; ten years, several world tours with various artists (Michelle Branch, Cher, New Radicals, just to name a few) and a hit international TV show later, I got another call.

It was from Paul Stanley."

Read more here.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyMer 24 Jan - 18:59

PAUL STANLEY At NAMM - Photo Available

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T58832 KISSOnline reports:

"Here is a photo of PAUL STANLEY at the 105th NAMM Show January 19th, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Orange County, California. Paul was on hand to promote his new line of Washburn Guitars."

(Photo by Brent Peters)
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptySam 27 Jan - 3:36

PAUL STANLEY - Producer Discusses Live To Win Live! Feature-Length Concert Film

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T59163 ReelChicago.com has issued the following report from Ed M. Koziarski:

Louis Antonelli was 12 years old and an amateur photographer when he first met KISS guitarist PAUL STANLEY. It was 1974 and KISS was appearing at a Mt. Prospect record store.

“Paul gave me a lot of encouragement,” recalled Antonelli. “He looked at me and said ‘promise me that you’re going to be the best that you can be.’”

Antonelli drew inspiraton from his encounter with the musician, and as KISS grew into international icons, Antonelli became a professional filmmaker, directing features, commercials and music videos for artists including the RAMONES and METALLICA.

Thirty-two years later Antonelli has come full circle with the production of Paul Stanley – Live To Win Live!, a feature-length concert film documenting Stanley’s second solo tour that culminated in a November performance at House of Blues Chicago.

Over the years Antonelli had become friends with KISS drummer Eric Singer, who introduced him to Keith Leroux, who runs KISS Online and Signatures Network, and who helped set up the project through Stanley’s management company Doc McGhee Entertainment.

“It’s been one of my dreams to direct a KISS concert in IMAX,” Antonelli said. “KISS management said ‘see what you can do with this, and we’ll go from there.’”

The 12-camera DV-cam shoot of the House of Blues show is the heart of Live to Win Live!, book-ended by black and white film that Antonelli shot in New York telling Stanley’s life story.

Antonelli is director, producer and editor of Live to Win Live! His company is Quadrama Films.

Chris Sheppard of Chicago Recording Company engineered the concert on a mobile 48-track recorder. McGhee is executive producer. Scott Wanner and co-editor Lester Cohn are co-producers.

DP Carlson of Foetus Films, who was a camera operator at the concert, is also directing a behind-the-scenes documentary on the production of the concert film.

Antonelli is presenting a cut of the film to Stanley and McGhee in mid-January to discuss plans for a prospective DVD release. Stanley’s solo album Live To Win was released by Universal Music.

Among various projects, Antonelli is also developing a documentary called Lost in Brooklyn, “a history of the 20th century told through the eyes of a little boy who died on Ellis Island in 1920, and how his family refound him 80 years later,” he said.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyMer 31 Jan - 20:50

PAUL STANLEY: "KISS Obviously Is A Band That Has A Dual Identity..."

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T59455 Comic Book Resources ( www.comicbookresources.com ) has issued the following report/interview from Jonah Weiland:

News broke (yesterday) of the creation of the KISS Comics Group and its inaugural title, KISS 4K. A joint venture between Platinum Studios and the hugely popular, multi-platinum American rock band KISS, the new title will be the first KISS comic ever produced in concert (heh) with the band themselves. Platinum will debut the KISS 4K with an oversized $50 Destroyer Edition at the Wizard World Los Angeles Convention in March, with an ongoing series to follow in May by writer Rcky Sprague and artist Kevin Crossley. Additionally, an online KISS comic will run concurrently to KISS 4K, expanding on the continuity and story of the print version. As Platinum put it to CBR News, “Think ‘Civil War,' without having to spend a ton of money and without having huge continuity problems.”

CBR's Jonah Weiland spoke this afternoon with KISS members GENE SIMMONS and PAUL STANLEY as well as Platinum Studios founder/chairman Scott Rosenberg about the band's affinity for comics and their involvement with KISS 4K.

Q: Gene & Paul, thanks for talking with me today. It's been about three years since KISS was last published as a comic series. Why is now the right time to make a return to the comics medium?

Paul Stanley: "I think the missing factor for a while was a new team. Sometimes new blood is what's necessary. I think between Scott Rosenberg and the whole Platinum crew, we have the makings of a team that can not only win the World Series, but become one of the best teams ever. KISS obviously is a band that has a dual identity in that we're musicians, but we're also super heroes and we've certainly found ways to market that before. I think this venture, just the fact that the first comic coming out will be the largest in history and certified by the Guinness Book of World Records, says that we're all on the same page. The truth is that games are won by teams and wars are won by armies and we've amassed a great bunch of people."

Gene Simmons: "Jonah, it's important – because we're speaking basically to the converted – that the fanboys out there understand and realize that we're not outsiders. We grew up and lived, breathed and dreamed comic books. Not just Marvel, but the classic stuff from Gardner Fox, Denny O'Neil, etc., we know this stuff. For fucks sake, I grew up with Marv Wolfman! We were going to do a fanzine together as kids!"

Read the full interview here
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyVen 2 Fév - 2:00

PAUL STANLEY Adds Perth Date To Australian Tour

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T59552 Sunday Times.au has issued the following report:

Iconic KISS frontman PAUL STANLEY has put Perth on his itinerary when he heads Down Under in April for his first solo tour outside America.

Stanley recently released his second solo album, Live To Win - which comes 28 years after his self-titled 1978 solo debut.

He backed it up with an acclaimed US club tour late last year, and says he is looking forward to bringing his show to Australian fans with a tour that includes a concert at Burswood Theatre on April 24.

Stanley had done only one previous solo tour, in 1989, so the buzz among fans in the US was big.

And he had the backing band to make it special - the musicians who formed the house band in the hit CBS series Rock Star: INXS and Rock Star: Supernova.

Stanley put together a crowd-pleasing set list with tracks from Live To Win, from his 1978 solo debut, and the remainder some surprising selections from his bursting KISS catalogue - hits, rarities and songs that had never been played in concert.

The charismatic front man, whose career with KISS spans three decades and more than 100 million records, says he had a ball playing the US club shows.

“The US shows were incredible and reconnected me to the reasons I loved live music growing up,” Stanley said.

“Between all the KISS classics, songs we’ve never played and songs from my two solo albums, it’s an ultimate night that’s as good or better than anything else around.

“I want to continue this sweat fest as long as I can and my first question was: ‘Can I get to Australia?’.

“Night after night the fans across the US were blown away. I promise nothing less and pledge more. I can’t wait.”

With Australia one of the most diehard of KISS territories, Stanley’s tour will take in seven cities, beginning on the Gold Coast in Queensland on April 11.

Stanley then plays in Wollongong, Newcastle, Sydney and Melbourne, comes to Perth for the Burswood Theatre show on Tuesday April 24, and winds up the tour in Adelaide two days later.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyLun 5 Fév - 19:48

PAUL STANLEY Tribute Gig Held In Sydney And MelbournePosted on Monday, February 05, 2007 at 10:08:57

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T59780 The following review is courtesy Kaori Hashimoto from KISSOnline.com:

Celebrating the music and achievements of KISS frontman Paul Stanley, a special tribute gig was held in Sydney (February 3 at The Marquee) and Melbourne (February 4 at the Corner Hotel) as the lead-up to his upcoming Live To Win Australian tour in April – his first solo tour outside America!

The Sydney leg of the tribute gig kicked off with a specially recorded video message from Paul himself, which was followed by a live performance by local musicians from Melbourne. Members from Bruce Kulick’s Australian solo band and popular tribute band Dynissty joined forces for the occasion, covering three decades of KISS music.

Bruce’s solo band members, Paul Drennan and Matt McAuliffe (who is usually seen on bass), shared the 6-string duties for the night, while their former bandmate Matt Bradshaw provided energetic vocals. They were joined by dynamic rhythm duo of Pete Mollica (bass) and Travis Dragani (drums) to deliver a knockout show.

The gig opened with KISS’ early favorites, Strutter and C’mon And Love Me, and then moved on to more recent material -- weaving through their hit numbers, from Do You Love Me to I Want You to Hide Your Heart.

Paul Stanley also provided several autographed Live To Win CDs and tour posters for the occasion and, after a bit of fuss and hustle, they were distributed to some lucky fans throughout the show. There was even a karaoke session by a keen female fan, who sang I Was Made For Lovin’ You on stage to grab a CD copy for her effort!

The set list was also peppered with several songs off Paul’s self-titled first solo album released in 1978, giving it a whole different flavor to the usual KISS repertoire. The third last song of the night was one such number, Take Me Away [Together As One] - complete with thunderous drumming a la Carmine Appice. This was followed by catchy hit Lick It Up, and the show’s finale saw all the fans singing along God Gave Rock’n’ Roll To You.

After the live performance, a special video clip from Paul’s recent US solo tour was screened, and it further whetted the collective appetite of the fans for his upcoming solo tour Down Under.

The Melbourne tribute show was held on the following night, with special guests KISStroyer in full make-up and costume performing a set of hit numbers.

Paul Stanley Tibute setlist:
'Strutter' (KISS),
'C’mon And Love Me' (Dressed To Kill),
'Tears Are Falling' (Asylum),
'Who Wants To Be Lonely' (Asylum),
'Tonight You Belong To Me' (1978 Paul Stanley solo),
'Turn On The Night' (Crazy Nights),
'Got To Choose' (Hotter Than Hell),
'Do You Love Me' (Destroyer),
'Jungle' (Carnival Of Souls),
'Ain’t Quite Right' (1978 solo) / 'Reason To Live' (Crazy Nights) medley,
'I Want You' (Rock And Roll Over),
'Goodbye' (1978 solo),
'Hide Your Heart' (Hot In The Shade),
'Take Me Away [Together As One]' (1978 solo),
'Lick It Up' (Lick It Up),
'God Gave Rock ’n’ Roll To You' (Revenge).
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyMar 6 Fév - 16:39

KISS' PAUL STANLEY - "There's Two Kinds Of Music And Only Two Kinds Of Art: Good And Bad"

The following report is courtesy of Mike Kerwick from Northjersey.com :

Paint used to be PAUL STANLEY's mask, a coat that simultaneously brought him fame and shielded him from his fans.

For the better part of 30 years, Stanley crisscrossed the country wearing a layer of white on his face, slathers of red on his lips and a black star around his right eye. He would hit the stage in black spandex, his buddy Gene (Simmons) would spit blood, and his band would pledge to rock-and-roll all night ... and party ev-uh-ree day.

Paint carried Stanley and the three other makeup-clad members of KISS from one packed house to another, from one continent to another, from one collection of screaming fans to another. It helped Stanley carve out his onstage identity.

So is it any surprise that Stanley gravitated toward paint? Is it any surprise that Stanley found a calling capable of complementing his music?

"There's two kinds of music and only two kinds of art," Stanley said, "good and bad. And you can find both in any style."

Six years ago, he first took up brushes and began splashing colors around on a blank canvas. A friend told Stanley he painted to deal with grief. Stanley had never painted but did major in art at a performing-arts school when he was young.

"When you try to tell people when you're 6 years old that you want to be a rock star, they pat you on the head and say, 'Go play cowboys and Indians,' " Stanley said. "I pursued more art. It seemed more practical. Ultimately, I figured that my calling was really music."

Read more here.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptySam 10 Fév - 13:20

PAUL STANLEY Appears On CNBC's Squawk Box, Video Available

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T60094 KISS singer/guitarist PAUL STANLEY's website has been updated with the following:

"Paul appeared today on CNBC's Squawk Box to discuss his art. CNBC has posted a clip of Paul's appearance on their website."

Click here to visit CNBC's site.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyDim 11 Fév - 14:48

PAUL STANLEY - Pictures From Art Exhibition Available, Confirmed To Appear At Wentworth Gallery's Short Hills, NJ Location Today

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T60130 Pictures from KISS frontman Paul Stanley's February 9th appearance at the Wentworth Gallery in Hackensack, NJ can be seen on the left (click to enlarge). Higher quality versions of the pictures are available here. According to Stanley's website "Wentworth's was converted into a Paul Stanley exhibition for the evening, with only Paul's art hanging throughout the Gallery. For over four hours fans entered the Gallery and viewed Paul's art up close!

Wentworth did a wonderful job with the Paul exhibition and will hold another today (Saturday, February 10th) at their Short Hills, NJ location - (973) 564-9776. Paul will appear at the Gallery from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m."
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 60130
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyVen 16 Fév - 2:17

PAUL STANLEY - Wentworth Gallery Photos Available

KISS vocalist/guitarist PAUL STANLEY's website has been updated with the following:

"Here are a few photos from Paul's appearance at Wentworth Gallery in Short Hills last Saturday. Leanne from Paul Stanley's Paradise Fan Site was nice enough to send us these photos to post."
PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 60477nj6
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptySam 24 Fév - 12:21

PAUL STANLEY - More "Rock ‘N’ Roll Fantasy Camp" Video Footage Available

As reported before, PAUL STANLEY was one of the celebrity rockers at this year’s Rock ‘N’ Roll Fantasy Camp. Paul performed live at the House Of Blues with other celebrities and campers.

KISS News USA has made video footage available for the following songs:

'C'mon And Love Me' (here, here and here),
'I Want You' (here),
'Do You Love Me' (here),
'Strutter' (here),
'Firehouse' (here),
'King Of The Night Time World' (here).
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 26 Avr - 22:36

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 64965
PAUL STANLEY Down Under - All About The Music
Australia's Advertiser Adelaide has issued the following report from Patrick McDonald:

KISS often cops flack for its over-the-top stage theatrics, but frontman PAUL STANLEY's first Australian solo tour proved that it's really all about the music.

Stripped of make-up and pyrotechnics but armed with a bunch of killer rock anthems and soaring ballads from his new album - and a bunch of old gems that KISS somehow forgot to ever play on stage – Stanley delivered a reinvigorated, knockout set. From the bone-crunching, anthemic title track of his new CD Live To Win, through big singalongs from his first, 1978 solo effort like 'Move On', 'Wouldn't You Like To Know Me' and 'Tonight You Belong To Me', to the KISS concert essentials 'Love Gun' and 'Detroit Rock City', the setlist was a fanboy's dream.

Other new material, such as the radio-worthy power ballad 'Everytime I See You Around' and 'Bulletproof' sat seamlessly alongside such 30-year-old classics as 'Strutter' and 'Do You Love Me?'.

But wait - there's more. Between the scheduled tracks, Stanley playfully accommodated the Adelaide audience's requests, throwing in a few bars of everything from obscurities like 'The Oath' to verses of 'Mr Speed', 'Forever' and even 'All American Man'.

Better still were full-blown renditions of KISS album tracks like 'A Million To One' and 'Magic Touch' - getting their first concert tour airings - not to mention the Australian chart favourites 'Shandi' and 'I Was Made For Lovin' You'.

Prancing, leaping and dancing endlessly while his vocals scaled to often stratospheric heights, Stanley belied his 55 years to deliver a performance worthy of someone half his age. He was backed by phenomenally tight playing and inspired soloing from his band, borrowed from the TV reality show Rock Star, led by blazing lead guitar licks from Rafael Moreira, and supplemented by Australian guitarist Brett Garsed.

When he bid farewell with the appropriately title 'Goodbye', the audience was left hoping that Stanley, like the song's lyric says, will be coming back soon.

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyMer 2 Mai - 20:11

PAUL STANLEY - Australian Tour Photo Gallery Available

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 65311

KISSNews.de reports that 127 exclusive photos from the recently completed PAUL STANLEY Australian Tour have been added to DN's news weblog, KISS World News. Check them out here and feel free to post comments.

As previously reported, a review from one of Paul's Aussie dates can be found at this location.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyLun 7 Mai - 14:22

KISS' PAUL STANLEY - "According To Others, I Was Fairly Gifted In Art"

PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 T65528 Courtney Devores from The Charlotte Observer spoke to KISS' PAUL STANLEY regarding his other artistic outlet - painting. Here are a few excerpts from the chat:

The Charlotte Observer: Have you always been a visual artist as well as a musician?
Stanley: "From the time I was very little, according to others, I was fairly gifted in art. I wound up in New York City going to the (Fiorella H. LaGuardia) High School of Music & Art, which was the sister school to the school that "Fame" was about. I went there for art but was drawn to music."

The Charlotte Observer: When did you start painting?
Stanley: "About six years ago, I was going through a divorce. My best friend said, 'You need to paint.' I had never spent any time painting. I went out and bought canvases and paints, and went to work. It became a really powerful emotional journey. It allowed me to delve into parts of myself that were more easily painted than spoken. I purposely put aside the idea of trying to depict anything in a lifelike way. The idea of making something overly realistic for me takes away the (painting's) emotional power."

The Charlotte Observer: So why the KISS portraits?
Stanley: "The portraits of the band, I did because the KISS fans would enjoy it. I wouldn't want to make a large time commitment to doing more of that. That was really something I did as a tip of the hat."

The Charlotte Observer: How do you keep a gallery appearance from becoming a fan fest?
Stanley: "It's important to let everybody know up front that this isn't an autograph session. There is a time and place for that, and an art gallery isn't it. Obviously, fans will show up. I think it's a great way to introduce people to art who wouldn't necessarily be exposed to it."

Read more here.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 EmptyMar 8 Mai - 11:40

PAUL STANLEY - The Legendary KISS Frontman Presents His Collection Of Paintings And Limited Editions At Wentworth Gallery

PR Newswire today (May 7th) issued the following press release:

Wentworth Gallery is pleased to present an art exhibition by artist, rock icon, legendary frontman and lead singer of KISS, PAUL STANLEY.

He will make two special appearances at the Wentworth Gallery in Orlando, FL - Friday, July 6th and Saturday, July 7th, 2007.

Paul Stanley's Wentworth Gallery Appearances:
- Friday, July 6th, 2007 - 6 - 9 PM
- Saturday, July 7th, 2007 - 6 - 9 PM
- Wentworth Gallery
- The Mall at Millenia
- 4200 Conroy Road
- Orlando, FL
- RSVP: 407-903-9055

Call for details on the special VIP Reception with Paul Stanley, 407-903-9055 or 800-732-6140.

About Paul Stanley...

For more than thirty years, Paul Stanley has reigned supreme as one of the single-most recognizable front-men in the history of rock and roll. He's the principal songwriter, driving force and unwavering voice of KISS.

A visionary and trend setter since the early 1970s, Paul Stanley's passion for both the musical and visual arts has perhaps been the key to the astonishing ongoing world phenomenon known as KISS. His artistic and visual input has been seen in his designs of KISS album covers, stages and apparel. As an art major and graduate of the prestigious high school of Music and Art in NYC, Paul has returned to his passion for painting, to share with you the deep emotions his art conveys. Paul Stanley creates portraits and abstracts that are emotionally charged compositions. He aims to maximize the direct, physical impact of his paintings through scale, texture, color and simplicity of images.

About Wentworth Gallery...

As the leading fine art retailer in the United States, Wentworth Gallery features a wide selection of originals, limited edition's and sculptures from the world's most acclaimed artists. We define selection not only by bringing you some of the most collected and heralded artists worldwide, but by traveling to the far reaches of the globe in order to introduce you to new artists whose works are sold exclusively through Wentworth Gallery. Stop by any one of Wentworth Gallery's 20 retail locations or visit http://www.wentworthgallery.com for information on featured artists, upcoming exhibits, online orders and directions to a Wentworth Gallery near you.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: PAUL STANLEY (kiss )   PAUL STANLEY (kiss ) - Page 2 Empty

PAUL STANLEY (kiss )
Page 2 sur 4Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant