Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -14%
Smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Pro – ...
Voir le deal
174.99 €

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - Empty
MessageSujet: ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -   ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - EmptySam 5 Avr - 15:50

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - "I Stand Behind Every Person Who Is Fighting For Female Rights"

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - 86774
ARCH ENEMY vocalist Angela Gossow has issued the following update:

"My wonderful REBEL GIRL Hadass from Jerusalem, Israel has conducted an interview with me a while ago. It's worth checking out! You can download the whole magazine for free at www.fallopianfalafel.com.

We are having a very interesting discussion about feminism at the moment and might turn that into a little piece. I am not a militant feminist, but I am very, very proud of my ladies out there and I am definititely for EQUALITY in ALL ASPECTS!

Women are still oppressed, mistreated, mutilated and simply killed and thrown away in many countries and I stand behind every person who is fighting for female rights! I also can’t accept the fact women are still getting paid less wages, even in such advanced countries like Germany or Scandinavia. We have a German chancellor for hell's sake. Mrs. Merkel: Get up your ass and change the fucking system! What are you waiting for?!

I hope my boyz aren’t angry – I love you too ;-) I got NOTHING against men – in fact I love them very much. I am blessed with a bunch of truly supportive, tolerant and opened minded ones, in my family and band alike. They are probably a lot more feminist than I am, hehe. I am also blessed with a lot of acceptance coming from the metal scene, as opposed to most people’s prejudiced conception of this genre of music. I haven’t had one muscle flexing macho asshole crossing my path so far – just sweet, intelligent gentlemen. I suppose there are some idiots at every show – but sorry, I cant hear your stupid ramblings up there. We are playing way too loud, hehe..."

Yours truly,
Angela

PS: "I have filled the store with some more girlie stuff, if you like, check it out here at The Official Arch Enemy Store - we are currently adding new, cool stuff every day!"
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -   ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - EmptyMer 16 Avr - 21:41

ARCH ENEMY Singer Angela Gossow Checks In From The Road

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - 87547

ARCH ENEMY singer Angela Gossow has issued the following road report:

"The last couple of days have been crazy. We started out in stormy Helsinki, Finland, then made our long way to St. Petersburg, where Lenin greets the arriving visitor.. We were quite excited to see how our first visit to this huge country would turn out like. Internet and other comforts fall a little short (comfort = sleep), but the passion and pure craziness of the fans here make well worth up for it! A lengthy report will follow, including lots of revealing pictures of Sharlee D'Angelo (bass), who is feeling well at home in the land of the ever-flowing Vodka ;-)

I need to run, we are doing Russian TV before the show in Moscow! I am expecting nothing less than a pure metal storm tonight!! Will check back in when we made it safely to Amsterdam! Tonight's ride on the night train from St. Petersburg to Moscow was.. interesting. None of us slept too much – but I guess you gotta do it at least once!"
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -   ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - EmptyVen 18 Avr - 19:33

ARCH ENEMY's Angela Gossow: "I Don't Like Violent Security"

ARCH ENEMY's Angels Gossow has updated her MySpace page to include the clip below, shot at a recent date in Russia, which she dubs "I Don't Like Violent Security". Check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCdlaohKKPo&eurl=http://www.bravewords.com/news/87703

Says Angela, "The show was insane though! Packed and crazy! The Russian Arch Enemies kick serious ass!!! We love you!!! Some cool pictures here and at Darkside.ru.

I am working on the full report. So much stuff to tell!"
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -   ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - EmptyJeu 1 Mai - 19:10

ARCH ENEMY's Angela Gossow Issues New Tour Report

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - T88611 ARCH ENEMY frontwoman Angela Gossow has issued the following brief update:

"I posted a new tour diary blog at MetalKult.com!

Get all the latest on the shows and backstage action in Amsterdam, Paris, Antwerp, MOTÖRHEAD's tourbus, Lemmys's ice bucket, and Cannabis chocolate!

Go to MetalKult to read more!"
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -   ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - EmptyDim 18 Mai - 23:56

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW Apologizes To Toronto And Detroit Fans

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - 89740

ARCH ENEMY vocalist Angela Gossow has checked in from the Tyranny & Bloodshred tour with the following update:

"Sorry for not hanging out and signing stuff in Toronto and Detroit, but I have been feeling really ill the last two days - I got a cold creeping up on me. I am afraid of standing outside with wet hair and sweaty clothes and I don't feel like having my picture taken either at the moment. I put all the energy I got left into the show and I am totally exhausted afterwards. The reality of touring is there are not only good days, but quite a few bad days too. All I want is to crawl into bed for a whole week, but that's not possible. We got a day off tomorrow and I will do my best to recover and get some energy back. I hope you understand."

Angela
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -   ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - EmptySam 24 Mai - 11:41

ARCH ENEMY Singer Angela Gossow Answers Fan Questions

ARCH ENEMY singer Angela Gossow has answered the following fan questions:

Q: Are there any chances that Arch Enemy would be able to play on their CARCASS reunion tour?
Gossow: Yes, thats right - Carcass rules! But no Arch Enemy plus Carcass - sorry! That would be too much Michael Amott and Daniel Erlandsson on one bill, haha. Plus, I am actually looking forward to have a little break form touring. Arch Enemy have been touring relentlessly for years now. I will be loving every minute at HOME or just watching their show, haha!"

Q: How has your record label helped Arch Enemy (expense wise)? And as far as Arch Enemy is now as a band, are you all able to make a living off of simply being a musician? Does it pay your bills? Just curious because a lot of musicians dream of playing in a band as a career and believe that once you make it big, you get paid BIG. I don't believe all this is true, but I heard you get royalties like free gear, etc. Is it possible to be able to support yourself and possibly your family with this type of career?

Gossow: First of all, Century Media has been releasing the albums, distributing them and doing the promotional work.. We also received quite a lot of tour support up to the previous album (which we have to pay back of course!). Most bands don’t land an overnight Top 10 hit, so it takes years to make profit, if any! Touring is expensive – if you support you usually end up paying on top of it as the fees and merch income don’t cover the costs. You can tour very cheap if you don’t need to fly and you hit the road in a van. I have done this with my former bands ASMODINA and MISTRESS. As soon as you want to tour other continents, the flight costs def. weigh in! By now we have reached a level of success that actually allows us to pay ourselves a small wage.. But the main source of income comes from touring – not album sales.

Yes, you can get filthy rich by playing in a band! But it might not be an EXTREME metal band then – GOOD CHARLOTTE, FALL OUT BOY, CKY, EVANESCENCE – these bands reach a mainstream audience and make big money. One of the few extreme bands that have done exceptionally well are CRADLE OF FILTH and IN FLAMES. We are doing ok, solid, but it doesn’t pay for a house with pool, you know. It depends what you want from life. I want to play music, travel the world, be free, do a bunch of crazy stuff and have fun whilst I can – and I wouldn’t get that working in an office! No money can buy what I get out of being in Arch Enemy. I have friends everywhere, people give me so much love and I can give back. I love metal and I get to live it – I am as free as it gets. If this is what you want as well – Go for it girl and kick some ass! You don’t need much money on the road! As for supporting a family – that’s a tough one! Musicians are touring A LOT.. I wouldn’t wanna be away from my kids for months.. And you have no financial security – you are basically self-employed as a musician with a very unsteady income. Its tough on most musicians I know – they are all missing their kids terribly – and most have to work a job as soon as they get back home from tour as the money they make with their music is not enough. I myself am def waiting with the whole family thing – I wouldn’t be able to have kids and tour as much with Arch Enemy as we do now!"

Read more here.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -   ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - EmptyDim 1 Juin - 12:57

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW Featured On Chaos With Full Metal Jackie Tonight

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - 90639

Just a reminder that ARCH ENEMY vocalist Angela Gossow will be featured on Indie 103.1 FM’s Chaos with Full Metal Jackie today (Sunday, June 1st) at 10:00pm PST (1:00am EST Monday, June 2nd). The show will be available for streaming at this location.

The program also airs on www.KNAC.com Monday nights between 7:00pm and 9:00pm PST.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -   ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - EmptyVen 4 Juil - 13:19

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - "We Were In Fact Breaking The Mold Of What A Female Vocals Band Should Sound Like"

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - T92628 www.SonicCathedral.com
recently caught up with ARCH ENEMY vocalist Angela Gossow. The following is an excerpt from the interview:

Q: Rise Of The Tyrant is the fourth album that you have done with Arch Enemy. I noticed on this album you changed your vocal style just a little bit by taking out some of the harmonies used on Doomsday Machine. What was your thought process when you went in to record this album?

Angela: "Well, our idea for the recording was to kind of make the finished product have more of a live sound. That was just only one vocal take really because you can’t sing in different pitches live at the same time (laughs). So that’s how we approached the whole record really. Our previous releases have been very polished efforts and we felt that we were becoming complacent and needed a few changes. We liked the opportunity to challenge ourselves again so we’re just going to go back to a bit of a more organic recording, back to our roots. That’s how I approached my vocals as well. A very honest and straight up track was what we wanted with our final product, and we think we accomplished that goal."

Q: When you started (with) Arch Enemy did you expect to turn into an icon for female extreme vocals?

Angela: "When I got into my first metal band it was back in 1991, I didn’t even think that there was an option to be exposed to so many people. Our sound followers were more of an underground metal movement. There was no internet to use to help your bands exposure like today, no Myspace or even any web presence at all. Something we couldn't grasp in todays market. That type of promotion only recently happened in the last 5 to 10 years. So there was little to no exposure for us and therefore we were much more underground. We were only known in the local scene but we kept grinding it out as musicians and we just continued to write and perform music we liked. We just wanted to get our material out there. I wasn’t planning on the success we enjoy today nor the hard work or dedication it has taken to achieve this. I am a very grounded, German, Northern European person who had a normal, proper job. When I joined Arch Enemy we didn’t know how it was going to go because there was no other success story with a female extreme singer, we were in fact breaking the mold of what a female vocals band should sound like. There were some other underground bands out there but they never made it big. So we didn’t think we had much of a chance. We were just hoping that the existing Arch Enemy fans would accept me performing in a traditionally male vocals position within the band. We didn’t think it would get bigger because of the band choosing me as the vocalist. Then the style took off and kickstarted a whole new genre and style in extreme metal. I think In a way we helped kind of kick down a door for a lot of women who were just waiting in the shadows. Lots of bands who thought 'I know this chick, she sings really well, but you can’t do this, this is a dudes world isn’t it.' I think that was the moment when the whole concept of a brutal female vocalist became a reality. Everyone was like 'fucking hell, that fucking rocks' and 'that is a girl vocalist, holy crap...' People just finally accepted it. The time was right for a change and I was just was able to do my part and live my dream. So I guess yeah, it was the right time and the right band for me and I consider myself very, very lucky and proud of what I have accomplished."

Go to this location for the complete interview.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -   ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW - Empty

ARCH ENEMY Vocalist ANGELA GOSSOW -
Page 1 sur 1