Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -11%
SAMSUNG 55Q70C – TV QLED 55″ (138 cm) 4K ...
Voir le deal
549.99 €

CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON Empty
MessageSujet: CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON   CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON EmptyLun 19 Mai - 0:01

CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON Issues Modern Guitar Blog; Performance Footage Of 'Whole Lotta Love' Featuring STEVEN TYLER And SLASH Available

CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON T89741 CAMP FREDDY guitarist / CIRCUS DIABLO frontman Bill Morrison recently issued the following blog via Modern Guitars:

"If a picture is worth a thousand words…..then I just wrote a novel. I mean, it really doesn’t get much better than that – rockin’ 'Mama Kin' with Mr. Steven Tyler. Or doing 'Paradise City' with Chester Bennington and Slash. Or doing 'Surrender' with Robin Zander. Or even jamming the SEX PISTOLS classic 'EMI'…with two of The Sex Pistols! The Camp Freddy shows have been off the hook and we still have three more to do this month. I’m like a proverbial pig….wallowing in shit!!! Hhahaha!! Here I am back on the Modern Guitars tip, with an all new blog – just for you guys. I have also included a nice little video recap of the first Roxy show that we did with Camp Freddy, as well as a clip of 'Whole Lotta Love' from the recent MAP Awards ceremony.

The Roxy - Week 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WugO7YDHQrI&eurl=http://www.bravewords.com/news/89741

So someone had an idea. That’s always where it starts. Where it ends is a completely different matter, and that’s how I find myself in the middle of a month of Camp Freddy performances that are just incredible – five shows at The Roxy in Los Angeles, but a different set with different guests each week. It’s a bit of a tall order actually, with all those songs to learn and so many cool artists getting up to jam with us every week. But I gortta say, we are having A BALL!! The video above this is a quick recap from the first weeks shenanigans – you can see that the place was absolutely sold out (as it was on Week Two as well) and that we are all rocking out! The next show is in a couple of days. More of the same – but different!

We also did the MAP/Musicares Award show at The Henry Fonda Theater – and played a five song set, with vocals by Steven Tyler, Robin Zander and Chester Bennington. Also joining us on guitars were Slash, Billy Duffy, Jerry Cantrell, Duff McKagan and Wayne Kramer. Alice Cooper and Slash were receiving awards and we were honored to be asked to participate in the evening. Check out the video clip below of 'Whole Lotta Love'. The smile on my face kinda says it all!

'Whole Lotta Love'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9oKofqdmEQ&eurl=http://www.bravewords.com/news/89741

I have been rocking Les Pauls (as always) throughout all these shows, but have added a couple of beautiful PRS 22 Customs to the rack, and I have to say that they are wicked guitars to play.

The acting and movie stuff is also getting kicked up a notch or two – I got a role to film after these Freddy shows are done. I go to New Jersey in June to be in The Perfect Age Of Rock N Roll – it’s a Spike Lee produced film, and I get to be a drug dealer (I know….it’s a stretch for me!). Looking forward to that one. Plus I have another movie to shoot in LA after that – a monster film called The Necropolitan which will be directed by Michael Shelton, who directed Basement Jack. Finally, I am producing a horror film myself, called A Necessary Evil and I will have more details on that one in a month or so. I can only really concentrate on nine things at once ……that one tips me over the edge!

And that’s the recap, along with some choice pics, and a little bit of video to help paint the picture. The long and the short of it is that I am having a VERY busy, but VERY fun month here in Los Angeles, and it involves tons of guitars, a lot of volume, and some amazing musicians. What could be better than that!"

Peace,
Billy

Go to
this location for more pictures.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON   CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON EmptySam 24 Mai - 11:45

CAMP FREDDY Continue To Thrill Audiences

CAMP FREDDY - Billy Morrison, Dave Navarro, Matt Sorum, Donovan Leitch and Chris Chaney - continue to thrill audiences with their musical performances and special guests during their month-long residency in May at The Roxy in West Hollywood. Last night (Thursday, May 22), CAMP FREDDY’s performance was highlighted by special appearances from: Tom Morello (RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, AUDIOSLAVE, THE NIGHTWATCHMAN), Brandon Boyd (INCUBUS), Chino Moreno (DEFTONES), Glen Matlock (SEX PISTOLS), pop star Tiffany, Jerry Cantrell (ALICE IN CHAINS), Billy Duffy (THE CULT), Brett Scallions (FUEL), members of Steel Panther, Hayley Cramer (McQueen) and SUGAR RAY’s Mark McGrath (featured each week in May).

Fans were treated to a unique rendition of the Sex Pistols’ 'Pretty Vacant' with the Pistols’ Glen Matlock on bass and Tiffany on vocals. Guitarist Tom Morello and vocalist Brandon Boyd joined forces for JANE'S ADDICTION’s 'Mountain Song', while Chino Moreno sang vocals on Alice In Chains’ 'Them Bones', with AIC’s Jerry Cantrell on guitar. The set closed with THE STOOGES’ 'I Wanna Be Your Dog', featuring Morello (on drums rather than guitar), Boyd, Cantrell, Duffy, McGrath, Scallions and all-female punk rock dance group the Darling Stilettos.

Catch Camp Freddy and different musical guests and songs at The Roxy once more on Thursday, May 29. For more information, go to: www.campfreddy.net.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON   CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON EmptySam 31 Mai - 15:03

CAMP FREDDY - Close Out Month-Long Residency At The Roxy

CAMP FREDDY’s final sold-out show of their month-long May residency at The Roxy in West Hollywood culminated last night (May 29) with a special appearance by BILLY IDOL. Idol, guitarist Steve Stevens and drummer Brian Tichy treated the packed house to a cover of THE DOORS’ 'LA Woman', also featuring The Doors’ own Robbie Krieger on guitar along with Camp Freddy. The crowd went wild when Idol, Stevens, Tichy and Camp Freddy - Billy Morrison, Dave Navarro, Matt Sorum, Donovan Leitch and Chris Chaney - launched into Idol’s classic hits 'Dancing With Myself' and 'Rebel Yell'.

Another highlight of the night was a duet by Juliette Lewis and LEITCH on X’s 'Los Angeles.' In a surprise twist, while millions of Lost fans were at home watching the two-hour season finale of the hit show, Naveen Andrews (Sayid on the show) joined Camp Freddy onstage to play guitar on the Sex Pistols’ 'EMI'. Andrews also joined in the all-star CAMP FREDDY finale of The Stooges’ “I Wanna Be Your Dog,” when Olympic Gold Medalist snowboarder Shawn White also came to the stage to lend his vocal pipes. Earlier in the night, TRAIN’s Pat Monahan belted out a powerful rendition of LED ZEPPELIN’s 'Whole Lotta Love' with Krieger on guitar.

The star-studded night also featured special appearances from the following additional music guests: Nick Hexum (311), Jerry Cantrell (ALICE IN CHAINS), Mark McGrath (SUGAR RAY), Chris Vrenna (MARILYN MANSON, GNARLS BARKLEY, NIN), Wayne Static (STATIC-X), John5 (ROB ZOMBIE), Leah Duors (MCQUEEN) and the all-female punk rock dance group the Darling Stilettos (featured each week).

For more information about Camp Freddy and upcoming shows, go to www.campfreddy.net.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON   CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON Empty

CAMP FREDDY Guitarist BILLY MORRISON
Page 1 sur 1