Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-36%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WD_BLACK Disque SSD Interne 2 To – SN770 NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 ...
109.99 € 171.72 €
Voir le deal

NIGHTWISH

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

NIGHTWISH Empty
MessageSujet: NIGHTWISH   NIGHTWISH EmptyMer 2 Aoû - 15:27

NIGHTWISH - New Nightmail Answers Online

As previously reported, NIGHTWISH have opened up a Nightmail forum that allows fans to ask the band questions, the replies for which are posted online at the end of every month. Bassist Marco Hietala has tackled the latest mailbag and his answers can be found at this location. http://www.nightwish.com/en/fans/nightmail?month=07&year=2006

To read the previous three Nightmail installments click the following links:

May 2006 - Emppu Vuorinen (guitars) http://www.nightwish.com/en/fans/nightmail?month=05&year=2006
April 2006 - Jukka Nevalainen (drums) http://www.nightwish.com/en/fans/nightmail?month=04&year=2006
June 2006 - Tuomas Holopainen (keyboards) http://www.nightwish.com/en/fans/nightmail?month=06&year=2006

The band's crew and management are on for the next batch of questions. Submit them at this location. http://www.nightwish.com/en/fans/nightmail
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

NIGHTWISH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIGHTWISH   NIGHTWISH EmptyJeu 10 Aoû - 2:35

Highest Hopes - The Best Of NIGHTWISH To See U.S. Release On Halloween

BW&BK has received the following press release:

Definitely a treat, Century Media Records has scheduled October 31st for the U.S. release of NIGHTWISH’s Highest Hopes – The Best of Nightwish.
Originally released in Canada on February 14th via Universal, and in September 2005 in Europe via Spinefarm Records, the collection spans the band’s recording career. Certified double platinum in Finland, Highest Hopes debuted #1 on the Finnish charts, and in the top 25 across Europe.

In 2005 the album helped to secure Nightwish the 2005 Best Finnish Artist award and the award for the top-selling Finnish album of 2005.

Making their domestic premiere are songs 'Walking In The Air', 'Deep Silent Complete', 'Sleeping Sun' and 'Ever Dream', heretofore only available on hard-to-find and limited import singles for North American fans. The collection also includes the first and second singles from the Once album.

'Nemo', the first single, debuted at #1 on the German charts, stayed in the U.K. charts for more than a year, received the “2004 Best Song” award from Germany’s Rockantenne and helped propel the band’s 2004 album Once to triple platinum in Finland, platinum status in Germany and Gold in Greece and Sweden. The second single, 'Wish I Had An Angel', debuted in both the Finnish and German charts at #1 and appeared in the soundtrack for the movie Alone In The Dark.

Whether you have been following the band since their debut release, Angels Fall First, or have been working your way back from 2004’s Once this collection brings together their best.

Highest Hopes – The Best of Nightwish tracklisting: 'Wish I Had An Angel', 'Stargazers', 'The Kinslayer', 'Ever Dream', 'Elvenpath', 'Bless The Child', 'Nemo', 'Sleeping Sun' (2005 version), 'Dead To The World', 'Over The Hills And Far Away', 'Deep Silent Complete', 'Sacrament Of Wilderness', 'Walking In The Air', 'Wishmaster', 'Dead Boy’s Poem', 'High Hopes'.

In other Nightwish news, as previously reported, the band have completed work on pre-production for the songs that are due to appear on thier forthcoming new album. It is tentatively scheduled for a mid-2007 release. The band will reconvene in September to make final changes to the songs before getting down to the actual recording of the album.
bru_dall

NIGHTWISH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIGHTWISH   NIGHTWISH EmptyMer 16 Aoû - 18:31

NIGHTWISH Issue Singer Search Update

Finnish metallers NIGHTWISH have posted the following message at their website:

"We have received several inquiries asking if one can still send demos for the singer search. The answer is yes.

The search is still going on, and like all the approx. 1100 demos we have received so far, all the future demos will be listened to and everybody gets their chance. But DO NOT send MP3-samples via email! All the demos have to be sent on a CD along with contact information."

Read more here. http://www.nightwish.com/en/article/8

As reported previously, Nightwish have completed work on pre-production for songs expected to appear on their forthcoming new album. It is tentatively scheduled for a mid-2007 release. The band will reconvene in September to make final changes to the songs before getting down to the actual recording of the album.
bru_dall

NIGHTWISH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIGHTWISH   NIGHTWISH EmptyMar 5 Sep - 1:26

NIGHTWISH - Management And Crew Tackle Fan Questions; Band To Tour North America First Following Release Of Forthcoming Album
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 18:01:26
NIGHTWISH 50442ps0

As previously reported, the official NIGHTWISH website has kicked off a Nightmail forum which allows fans to ask the band members questions. The August mailbag went to the band's management and crew, and the following is an excerpt from the resulting Q&A session:

Question for Ewo (manager): When band starts to tour after a new album (is released) will the singer first be 'broken in' by touring in Finland, Germany or directly in the USA?

Management: We'll go straight to the US. We definitely owe that to the North American fans, since we could not make the planned second round over there at all. Also, US tours are quite heavy as a whole, so it is a good way to show to the new vocalist what this is all about..."

To read the rest of the August Nightmail go to this location.

To read previous Nightmail editions go to this location NIGHTWISH - Management And Crew Tackle Fan Questions; Band To Tour North America First Following Release Of Forthcoming Album
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 18:01:26

As previously reported, the official NIGHTWISH website has kicked off a Nightmail forum which allows fans to ask the band members questions. The August mailbag went to the band's management and crew, and the following is an excerpt from the resulting Q&A session:

Question for Ewo (manager): When band starts to tour after a new album (is released) will the singer first be 'broken in' by touring in Finland, Germany or directly in the USA?

Management: We'll go straight to the US. We definitely owe that to the North American fans, since we could not make the planned second round over there at all. Also, US tours are quite heavy as a whole, so it is a good way to show to the new vocalist what this is all about..."

To read the rest of the August Nightmail go to this location. http://www.nightwish.com/en/fans/nightmail?month=08&year=2006

To read previous Nightmail editions go to this location http://www.nightwish.com/en/fans/nightmail . Questions for September can be submitted to drummer Jukka Nevalainen at the same location.
bru_dall

NIGHTWISH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIGHTWISH   NIGHTWISH EmptyVen 10 Nov - 20:54

NIGHTWISH's Tuomas Holopainen Issues Studio Update; Photos Available
NIGHTWISH 54698ap5
Finnish metallers NIGHTWISH have posted the following entry in their online Diary from leader/keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen:

"I'm writing this while flying back to Finland from Hamburg, Germany. We spent the weekend there with Ewo & Toni (King Foo), meeting some people from the publishing company and Nuclear Blast. They wanted to hear some new Nightwish demo songs and make some preliminary plans for the year 2007. The meeting went really well, one broken stereo system, due to listening to the new songs far too loud, and a bunch of happy big bosses. The feedback from them was very flattering, which naturally gave us loads of confidence. We also chose the upcoming single songs.

The discussion went on in the evening in our hotel room. Posing in the cover of latest Talouselämä (Financial lives) magazine, business guru Holopainen decided to draw back from the conversation, since he didn't understand anything of the jargon they were talking about. I'm happy to leave the money issues etc. to those smarter than me.

In a few moments I find myself in Clochard bar, hammering nails into a wooden log, and drinks into my head. Kapanen, the legendary keeper of the Hamburg rock shop, and Ville of HIM are also there. Kapanen wins this extremely simple but addictive hammer-a-nail-into-a-log-game every time. But hey, he was the only one sober.

The journey continued into another bar, where Ewo and Toni also joined us. This girl, hanging from an aluminum pole, was having a birthday. Ville and I sang a 'Happy Birthday' song to her (Ville sang, I sounded like Evinrude-engine in distress), a gesture which gave us free drinks for the rest of the night. One way of making it cheap, I guess.

A couple of weeks ago I visited Emppu in his studio in Kerava, Finland, checking out his progress with the guitars he's been recording for the upcoming Nightwish album. He had 13/15 done of the comp guitars. 4 comp guitars with 2 different sounds (Bogner + Engl & MesaBoogie + Marshall). In addition to these, he will record 2 more guitars here 'n there with a special sound, plus leads and solos. This is pretty much the same way we recorded guitars for the Once album. Everything he's done so far sounds simply fantastic, and played with utmost care. First Jukka`s better-than-ever effort and then this.

I feel very proud of the guys.

The very next day we tested another vocalist canditate. She came to the studio to sing some new songs. Sounded astonishingly good! She sang one of the new slower songs with such soul it made the songwriter bite his lip instead of producing.

Farewell to the girl and back to studio to listen through all the songs with Emppu. We marked all the parts with guitar leads and solos so he can go on with his recordings. It was a boring duty, so we ended up doing a whiskey-stenched trash-version of a legendary Finnish song; Tapio Rautavaara's 'Rosvo-Roope'.

I'm still ashamed of that, some legends should stay untouched.

When I got back home I checked through all the new lyrics. 13 ready so far, 2 still under way. I felt content to realize this is the best I can do. 3 lines of the lyrics were cencored, though. I received a very polite note from London saying that these lines would be far too unappropriate to sing, since we are not doing another Exorcist sequel here... I got the point and rewrote the lines with a bleeding heart. The artist was again misunderstood.

Or actually he was understood all too well this time.

The album cover/booklet artwork is being done as we speak. Toxic Angel and his wife Gina (Highest Hopes / End Of An Era) will do the artwork again. Looking very good!

Across the Big Blue, in Los Angeles, Mr. Jussi Tegelman has just finished creating the additional soundscapes for the album. Instead of using samples from FX-CDs, we wanted something tailor-made for these songs only, and luckily Jussi agreed to help. He's doing sounds/effects for movies as a profession.

So this is where we stand at the moment. Once Marco has some time off from Tarot, we will record the basses, within the next 2 weeks for sure. Then pretty much all we can do is wait for the orchestral sessions in Abbey Road, London to begin, since it's no use to record any keys, vocals or solos prior to that. Pip Williams calls me on a daily basis, to clarify some chords, notes or new arrangement ideas. He's on fire, like the band, which can only be a positive thing for the album. Seems like the guestlist of the album will be the size of Kitee's phonebook. Due to the orchestras and choirs, mostly. It actually feels like the process has spread in so many directions I`m soon out of strings from my fingers. But the trust in the pack is strong. We feel that when it comes to the atmosphere, this might be the most ”band album” we've done so far.

Writing chordmaps for Pip, working with the missing pieces of lyrics and rehearsing for the upcoming Kotiteollisuus-tour. These will fill my days in the near future.

Take care, all of ya,

Tuomas."

Check out more photos at this location. http://www.nightwish.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=108
Contenu sponsorisé

NIGHTWISH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: NIGHTWISH   NIGHTWISH Empty

NIGHTWISH
Page 1 sur 1