Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Retour en stock du coffret Pokémon ...
Voir le deal

VELVET REVOLVER

Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
bru_dall

VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 EmptySam 17 Nov - 17:33

VELVET REVOLVER Issue Press Release Regarding Cancelled Japanese Tour Dates

BW&BK has received the following press release:

VELVET REVOLVER were looking forward to their upcoming tour of Japan: a series of four concerts--to promote their current album Libertad - between November 26 and November 30, encompassing the cities of Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and Yokohama.

For the band, the upcoming trek was the opportunity to reconnect with their fans in Japan, where the band tour has toured before--without incident - back in 2005.

But now it’s a different story as the band’s request for visas has just been denied. The increasingly tough Japanese immigration officials are taking exception with the backgrounds of various band members, which have included arrests. The band is appealing the decision of the officials--which is ironic given that Libertad is Spanish for “liberty” and “freedom”--but this process will unfortunately take months to sort out.

“We want to apologize to our fans in Japan that we won’t be able to perform our scheduled concerts,” Velvet Revolver said in a group statement. “We don’t understand why the authorities won’t give us visas when they granted them for us in 2005 for what was a successful tour and a great experience. We love Japan and look forward to our return there.”

Velvet Revolver will proceed with their Australian tour that begins on December 4 in Brisbane. Upon its return to the U.S., the band- lead vocalist Scott Weiland, guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Matt Sorum and guitarist Dave Kushner - will headline Wednesday, December 12 at the Gibson Amphitheatre. This show - with ALICE IN CHAINS - was originally set for Friday, October 26 at the outdoor Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, CA but was postponed due to the devastating Southern California wildfires. See dates below and check out www.velvetrevolver.com

Dates on Velvet Revolver's Australian tour are as follows:

December
4 - Brisbane, Australia - Convention Centre
5 - Sydney, Australia - Enmore Theatre
6 - Sydney, Australia - Enmore Theatre
8 - Melbourne, Australia - Festival Hall
12 - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 EmptyDim 9 Déc - 17:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6YT6ZF1lQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3d-VJB7jy4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAW6T5DDIM0
et les autres ici :

http://www.strippedmusic.com/

VELVET REVOLVER recently performed a five-song set as part of "Stripped", an in-studio performance series created for artists who thrive on performing without the typical studio and video embellishments. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Last Flight
02. Slither
03. Fall To Pieces
04. Interstate Love Song
(STONE TEMPLE PILOTS)
05. Patience (GUNS N' ROSES)

Three of the tracks can be viewed below. The rest can be found at this location.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 EmptyVen 8 Fév - 19:49

VELVET REVOLVER - Aussie Tour To Go Ahead As Planned

Australia's Undercover News has issued the following report from Paul Cashmere:

VELVET REVOLVERs Scott Weiland has gone back into rehab following the band's performance in San Diego on Wednesday night.

Speaking to Undercover News, Australian promoter Chris O'Brien has confirmed that the Aussie tour that kicks off in Brisbane on February 15th is going ahead as planned. "We have not been told that the tour has been affected and right now I can say that it is still 100% going ahead," he said.

Read the full story here.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 EmptyVen 7 Mar - 19:14

VELVET REVOLVER - Video For 'Get Out The Door' Available Online

The video for VELVET REVOLVER's 'Get Out The Door' has been posted online at YouTube, courtesty of thegunsonline.com.

The band - lead vocalist Scott Weiland, guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Matt Sorum and guitarist Dave Kushner - are on track to perform at the Dubai Desert Rock Fest in Dubai, UAE tomorrow, March 8th, to be followed by their UK tour March 15th - 27th.

Following that, the future of Velvet Revolver is uncertain. This summer, Weiland will be reforming his old band STONE TEMPLE PILOTS for a handful of reunion shows.

Stay tuned for updates.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 EmptyDim 23 Mar - 12:56

VELVET REVOLVER - Is The End Near?

VELVET REVOLVER site BelowEmpty.com/VR has issued the following report:

A lot of stuff has been going on with VR over the past couple of days. It looks like this may really be the band's last tour, judging from two statements that Matt (Sorum, drummer) and Scott (Weiland, vocalist) have released after Scott's announcement at the Glasgow show (on March 20th) that this is the band's last tour.

Matt stated about the Glasgow concert: "So last night was interesting. Had a little band turmoil on stage, as you probably all could tell."

"Being in a band is a lot like being in a relationship. Sometimes you just don't get along. I guess there has been more turmoil lately, I guess, with the cancellations and all. It has been frustrating, I am not going to lie.

"My career and life in rock 'n' roll has come with its ups and downs. Unfortunately, some people in this business don't realize how great of a life they have. Touring the world, meeting great people and fans all over the world. And just playing music for a living. I feel truly blessed. But sometimes the road can be draining for some. Being away from home and family does grind on you sometimes. With all the travelling and different beds. Personally, I love this shit and sometimes can't believe I am so lucky to still be doing what I do for a living.

"Everybody could see who was unhappy last night, but all I can say is let's keep the rock alive, people!!!! In this life, you just pick up and keep moving. And don't ever let anybody stand in your way."

Scott replied to this with the following statement:

"Responding to our drummer's rant about why the band is in a state of flux:

Well, first of all, the state of my family affairs is really none of his business, since he is too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children. So don't attempt to stand in a man's shoes when you haven't walked his path. Secondly, 'keeping rock 'n' roll alive?' I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the likes of you. Funny though; this is your FIRST band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system. I have only cancelled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve... Volley! You cancelled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why; we'll just let Blabbermouth find out for themselves.

"As for our fans; I will sweat, bruise, and bleed for you. And will continue to do so until the end of this tour. However, you deserve to hear Velvet Revolver playing; not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid; could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place. It's a shame; we were a gang. But ego and jealousy can get the better of anyone. I wish the best and plan to annihilate the stage in the last few shows.

"On a separate note, we did an STP photo shoot before this tour and it was fun, inspiring and it gave me that thrill, that feeling that got my rocks off from the get-go."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 EmptyLun 24 Mar - 13:30

robert Plant s'est carrément invité back stage avec le groupe pour discuter pendant une heure, tous les détails sur le site du batteur avec photos :

http://www.mattsorum.tv/channel/2008/03/22/hangin-backstage-with-mr-robert-plant/

Si voici le genre de titre pour chauffer un peu la température, Let it roll du dernier album :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=o3i-CgcV0UM
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 EmptyJeu 3 Avr - 19:29

le groupe se sépare de son chanteur : Scott Weiland, entre autres il lui est reproché son comportement "erratique" en tournée + pb persos ... :

Velvet Revolver founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner announced today that they are parting ways with singer Scott Weiland. "This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash in a press release. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."
WebLink: www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003783878
I have already heard two names in the mix to take over, as it seems the band intends to press on...one of them is mentioned below...
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 EmptySam 14 Fév - 13:09

ils ont galéré pour trouver de bons candidats au chant, mais ça y est , ils en ont retenu trois, reste plus qu'à choisir :

There's been little news out of the VELVET REVOLVER camp lately regarding a new singer for the band, although auditions have reportedly been ongoing. Bassist Duff McKagan told The Pulse of Radio this week that the group has been a little frustrated with the submissions they've gotten and even wondered if they would ever find the right guy. But McKagan also said that things have recently taken a positive turn. "In the last, I would say, about eight weeks, we got three guys in that were all really good — like, far and above, more fitting than the rest," he said. "So I can say this much: we're headed in a very positive direction, and you might be hearing something soon."

VELVET REVOLVER has been searching for a new vocalist since dismissing Scott Weiland last April.

Although several names have been rumored online, the only singer known to have auditioned with the band is ex-SPACEHOG frontman Royston Langdon.

VELVET REVOLVER also parted ways with RCA Records late last year and has not announced a new deal yet.

Duff McKagan's side band, LOADED, will issue its third album next month, while McKagan continues his career as a columnist at www.SeattleWeekly.com and a financial columnist at www.Playboy.com .

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash is working on a solo album, while drummer Matt Sorum recently launched a clothing line and store.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER - Page 2 Empty

VELVET REVOLVER
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2