Nath-Urlich.c.là
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nath-Urlich.c.là

heavy metal, live report, photos, radio

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Display 24 boosters Star Wars Unlimited – ...
Voir le deal

KING DIAMOND -

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

KING DIAMOND - Empty
MessageSujet: KING DIAMOND -   KING DIAMOND - EmptyVen 2 Mai - 12:51

KING DIAMOND - "I've Been Given This Amazing Life Experience By Chance"

KING DIAMOND - T88668 www.CryptMagazine.com recently caught up with KING DIAMOND. The following is a couple excerpts from the interview:

DW: I was remembering when the Seattle scene took over for while. A lot of bands at that time were losing vocalists or breaking up, or just throwing in the towel. You just pushed right through. You were always there.

King Diamond: "It's always been like that. We didn't see it as 'Oh, now we can't do concerts' or 'Nobody comes and watches us.' We just kept on going. That has a lot to do with we have this style that is timeless when you have your own thing going. You're not depending on what's popular or not. It also means on the other hand, that you're not going to sell platinum. I mean that's for sure, that's not going to happen. But, that's not again, a thing that matters that much to me. I've been given this amazing life experience by chance, and everyone else that's been supporting us. Doing work what should be more like a hobby. Or it seems like a hobby. It's hard work at times, definitely. But it's what we love to do. To get that chance, you can't describe how cool that is. But I much rather be here still today doing this, than having a hit album back in the '80s and then doing 2 albums and that was it maybe."

DW: You've been a great influence on a lot of bands. But a lot of these bands have gotten a lot more publicity. Do you feel that the radio plays a huge part in that?

KD: "Yeah, I think it varies from area to area and state to state. Some areas actually play us on FM. Others are college stations that play us a lot. It's not like they won't touch it, you know. But, I guess there are also a lot of restrictions. Then when you get into it, then you can start talking about the the whole business behind how radio stations are run. Who gets what from what labels to play what. (laughs) There are other things under the whole political part of it that you're not always in control of."

Go to this location for the complete interview.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

KING DIAMOND -
Page 1 sur 1